[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey idiots, halo spv3 v3 just released literally 5 minutes a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

File: download.jpg (8KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 300x168px
hey idiots, halo spv3 v3 just released literally 5 minutes ago. it is now the full game remastered with
>60 FPS FUCKING ANIMATIONS BITCH
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZxqrylX4nk

https://www.reddit.com/r/halospv3/comments/6umz3f/spv31_released_all_new_install_method_11_missions/?st=j6it6zoa&sh=52c24f1c
>>
>>387573748
>dumb non-cannon, shoddily put together fan-made game

I feel so fucking bad for Halofags that they have to remake decade old games because 343 is so incompetent just to fucking live.
>>
File: 1482536854289.png (6KB, 344x288px) Image search: [Google]
1482536854289.png
6KB, 344x288px
>gaylo
>leddit
>>
>>387573876
lol.
The funny thing is, this mod is actually better than anything 343 has put out so far. It feels like Halo, only newer. Also the 60 FPS animations are nice. Plus the mouse acceleration has been patched with a third party tool as well.
>>
>flutes
>>
>>387573876
fpbp

>>387573886
spbp

>>387573916
tpbp
>>
File: 1479096544968.jpg (92KB, 607x537px) Image search: [Google]
1479096544968.jpg
92KB, 607x537px
Do I need Halo CE or is this standalone? Is there multiplayer?
>>
>>387574067
You need Halo CE.
Just go grab it off the Pirate Bay. It's only 230 mb. The installer contains the rest.
>>
File: 1487939048283.jpg (98KB, 999x999px) Image search: [Google]
1487939048283.jpg
98KB, 999x999px
>>387574162
Dang, I don't pirate so I'm gonna have to pass. Don't feel like buying an old PC CD either.
>>
>>387574260
Or just go grab the Halo CE installer which is legally free. You really just need the CD key, which you can easily grab from pastebin.
>>
Halo's levels are tedious and repetitive enough and the geniuses behind this mod thought that making them five times longer is a good thing
>>
File: 1452220416234.jpg (66KB, 488x538px) Image search: [Google]
1452220416234.jpg
66KB, 488x538px
>>387574387
The only level that's a chore is The Library to be honest. Assault on the Control Room still remains my favorite level of the series despite the copy pasta design of the rooms. I mustve replayed it over 100 times alone on the original xbox
>>
>>387573916
>>387573876
>lel everything 343 does is shit maymay

SPV3 looks cool but it's obviously fanmade and it suffers as a result. The asset quality is all over the place, with various new textures and models ranging from looking nearly Halo reach quality to being uglier then the original textures and models in CE to begin with.

CE's campaign itself also suffers from some pretty severe flaws i'm not sure even a mod as extensive as this can fix. 5 and 4's singleplayers were shit but there was no part of them were I felt actually offensively frustrated like I do at various parts of CE due to how tedious and repetitive it can get.
>>
>>387574687
I hate anything non-cannon and not in tune with the original vision of the creators. I'd rather play a flawed Halo CE, than some retardo fan-fiction variation conceived by a couple of nostalgianerds. I don't even know why people waste time doing these things. Just make your own goddamn game if your going to overhaul a decade old game from scratch.
>>
>>387574687
343 is dogshit
>>
SPV3 is weird. Some of it's good, other shit is just retarded, and the quality is all over the place however you look at it.

Also they're trying to follow 343i's vision from what I think I've read?
>>
>>387574687
kill yourself 343 retard apologist.
>>
Okay my memory isn't what I thought it was.

TSC:E took them three years which is still a really fucking long time. If you haven't played it you really should because it's probably the most faithful recreation of a CE level in Halo 3's style that you'll ever play--If that's what you're after.

Brutes and stuff aside it's like a dated version of another Halo 1 level remade in Halo 3.
>>
>>387573748
I am more interested in CMT/Masters new project instead of this decade old custom campaign project.

Shame they didn't continue their port of H2 missions to HPC.
>>
I want to make it very fucking clear that TSC:E and SPV3 were made by different teams of people with different principles, and it shows. For those not in the know.
>>
>>387575989
>>387574967
fools like you have no business offering your opinion. If you lack the intelligence to think critically and with reason, you don't have anything worth saying.

Nearly everything we have done is based on improving about flawed concepts and ideas from across the franchise.

I get your frustration with the community, but in no way does community feelings impact or reflect anything we feel. As I said earlier, not a bungie fan. I wish the franchise had been taken from them after H1, and given to someone else. What you see in SPV3 is a collection of what we see as flawed ideas, implemented in a way that makes sense with our vision of Halo. And that vision is a more complicated and layered extension of Halo 1.
>>
>>387576585
Explain to us, HaloCE bro?
>>
>>387576708

Well I only know what I've seen so far and I'm basing that opinion on the new assets I've seen what little I'd experienced in SPV2.
Actually started my first play of that one but dropped it for a while and switched systems, and hadn't picked it back up. The TSCE comment might not be fair yeah because that was one overhauled map compared to the entire campaign.

Regardless, you can't deny the extreme amount of time and effort put into these projects, out of passion, and the changes made to the other levels look interesting, so I'll keep my thoughts until I've played it.
>>
Just downloaded it, but is there a way to get 144fps? It's autolocked at 60 in my settings
>>
>>387574387
No changes to the level layout, but you'll be surprised just how much more interesting it is. Not only do we have 6 unique flood AI (technically 8 if you count the super forms) compared to 3, but those forms use a larger variety of weapons as well. And then on top of that, you have 3 new additional types of sentinel allies compared to 1 in the original game, covenant patrols scattered through the facility, and even brief spurts of vehicle use. That original geometry goes a long way. The goal is to make there be a surprise around nearly every turn you take.

Without exaggeration, I have more fun playing library atm than any other Part 2 map, but I expect 2 Betrayals to be everyones favorite when we are done.
>>
>>387577343
SPV2 is like a fucking rotten piece of fruit compared to SPV3, and the developers themselves will tell you that.
>>
>>387577830
The genesis of SPV3, and SPV1 and SPV2 before that was always to add content while retaining the soul of H1. H2, H3, Reach are easily in the bottom of my list of Halo games, with H5 sort of floating off to the side because it is so inconsistent in quality.

But I do hate where the franchise went under Bungie, hence my interest and desire to make a Halo campaign experience I could fully enjoy, since Bungie never provided that to me.
>>
>>387576580
Halo 2.. That game is beyond redemption in so many areas there is nothing I would want to do with it, other than completely gutting it and patching it back together. Even then, it's level design is piss poor and there is nothing that can be really be done with the core bones of it are rotten.

Our next and final project will be in CE, and is a 343 esque sequel to ODST. Like SPV3 is a response to Bungie's failings (the majority of the SPV3 team does not like Bungie's games) the new project codenamed oddball will be a response to 343's failed ideas, implemented in a way that respects Halo 1's core design philosophies.
>>
>>387576769

Going over old statements as fast as I can to make sure they're right at least; I'm not THAT familiar with happenings of this modding scene but it's been said TSCE and spv3 were being handled by different groups of people.

TSC is just one map so the team responsible for that project had the means to really TWEAK and fine tune every little aspect of its design and give it a high level of visual polish, whereas spv3 is more about breadth and fixing or re-inventing the mechanics of the original game while making sweeping changes across the campaign with a more modern influence from what I can tell. They both backport stuff from the newer Halo games but but the SP stuff looks to go all out at the cost of some of that polish.

I remember one person on the evolved team going into the differences in their process versus what spv3 does but it's been a long time and I can't remember exactly what was said, so I won't go into that unless I find those comments again.
>>
>>387573748
wow it looks like shit
>>
>>387573748
The visuals are just all over the place. It looks like a clusterfuck. Jesus, these people have no sense of art direction.
>>
>>387575238
>>387576053
>Hur anybody who doesn't think everything 343 is shit is an apologist

Nah, go fuck yourselves 343 fucks up a ton and actual 343 apologists can go fuck themselves but the people that unconditionally shit on them for the sake of it are even worse. The few things 343 actually did right in 4 and 5 they keep undoing because people keep whining at them over everything so they don't know who to please.

Half the shit people whine about on /v/ that 343 do are fine, and then nobody complains about the ACTUAL fuckups 343 does.

People being assmad the rookie died when it litterally doesn't matter in terms of narrative impact and just allowed him to show up one more time being the prime example, wheras nobody whines about 343 killing off Jul, which actually had a negative narrative impact on the lore and state of the universe

>>387578305
>Even then, it's level design is piss poor and there is nothing that can be really be done with the core bones of it are rotten.

I don't understand the people who think Halo 2 has worse level design then 1. There's an actual good sense of scale, the locations feel like actual places, it's far less repetitive and tedious, it's not nearly as visually monotonous, there's not super wide open empty areas for padding, etc.

CE is like the bad arbiter missions in CE, but for the majority of the campaign.
>>
Just got done downloading and I'm now playing...

HALO IS SO FUCKING SMOOTH NOW HOLY SHIT IM CUMMING
>>
File: 7wL2ilC.png (695KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
7wL2ilC.png
695KB, 1024x768px
>>387578708
For the environments to look the best as they could, they would all have to be completely remade from scratch. Even the "new" areas. All of those environments are set up to accommodate old h1 tech and does not represent what the engine is capable of.

A lot of the TSCE environment artists didn't know what they were doing when it came to the map. The modeling is solid but the textures and shaders are seriously lackluster compared to what they could have been.

Most of the environment textures are just modified h1 textures that hardly show what the engine is capable of. And the nature shaders are awful. The insides are bearable but it's very easy to tell that it's Halo 1 by looking at the exteriors.

I will admit though, the lighting was well done but I wouldn't have gone for the sunset style personally.
>>
>>387578305
It never really mattered back in the day when you could only play Halo 2 in 480p. After it came out on PC in 1080p it was really easy to see how much of a hack Outskirts was, namely in the first Cutscenes. There's blatantly missing/unfinished areas of BSP, the extremely low res (window?) textures on the buildings, and all of the warthogs that seem to be driving themselves.
>>
>>387578924
>>387578708
>>387578523
What gets me is how good the sniper rifle model and shaders looks, that's legitmately Halo 3/reach quality, why isn't everything else up to par with that?
>>
>>387575238
Combat Evolved is extremely unique even to date and I think 343i should look back into what made the AI so great in this game. Each actor (how the engine refers to each AI) literally had a mind of its own. They were not some mindless beings told to point and shoot. Grunts would disperse if you killed their Elite, enemies would run it Panic if they were stuck with a plasma grenade, and most importantly they 100% utilize the environment around them.

Not only is the dialogue memorable and great, the marines were actually helpful and they made you care about them. You wanted your marines to survive and you wanted to get them to the end of the level.

Halo 2 built off of this, and made an even better system. The engine underutilized the new features since the game technically wasn't finished. But man, I'm blown away every time I play it.

Halo 2 was better, Halo 3 is much more clunky and slow paced. Halo 2 had a higher FOV, hitscan projectiles, etc. it truly was ahead of its time. I think any new "classic" Halo game should be built off the gameplay Halo 2 presented.

Halo 3 was still an amazing game, and it looked great. I spent many many hours having fun back in the day, but it's core mechanics have arguably aged the worst out of the trilogy, and from I've seen it's the game that holds the biggest nostalgia trip for people.

Even though Halo 2 had its issues and was unfinished and rushed, the image they were going for would have been truly a masterpiece if done right. Still, nothing to date gives me the vibe the E3 2003 trailer gave me.
>>
>>387578924

I still shake my head seeing this.
>>
>>387577515
I played SPV3.0.2 and the Pillar of Autumn level went on for well over an hour. It had these shitty huge cargo holds that I don't remember from the original. By the time I finished that I was so worn out and sick of the game and couldn't play any further. Is that no longer the case for SPV3.1?
>>
>>387579102
Masterz had one art guy.

That would explain things like the lack of tree variety or visual pleasure in AOTCR, and Halo coming out the way it did. It's different when you have to make geometry from 2001 look good rather than remake it all, there's only so much you can work with.

SPV3 was Masterz baby, however if it was mine, I would have completely upgraded the level geometry to similar of that you see in Halo Anniversary. It needed it.
>>
>>387578394

These models are all new actually
>>
>>387579352

Money and manpower.
>>
>>387579280
Halo 1 was an "ok" port. A lot of the PC's were too weak to run the game so gearbox dumbed down a lot of stuff that can't be reversed. On the bright side the Halo Editing Kit was released and Gearbox and Microsoft had full mod support at the time.

Halo 2 had potential even though it was a Vista exclusive. It crashed and burned when people had to pay for Gold upon release to play online, and the Editing kit was completely locked down.

Halo Online had awful intentions but came out okay because of the community. It's easily accessible source files and hacked together content made it easy for the community to fix. It's not locked down to a specific OS (supports vista-10) and major updates are in the works. Eventually all maps from Halo 3 multiplayer will be included.

Halo 5 Forge and Halo Wars are in the same boat. They're locked down to Windows Store which no one wants to use. Halo 5's terrible support and lack of attention by Microsoft makes it worse. People played it in the beginning for a bit to see what it was all about, mainly people who left Halo ages ago and moved on after Halo 3. The minimal MP support at launch scared those people away, and the customs browser is just a shell compared to the server browser Halo CE and Halo 2 had on PC. People who actual own Halo 5 on Xbox are better off playing on he Xbox.
>>
>>387578814
>I don't understand the people who think Halo 2 has worse level design then

H2 is almost entirely linear, So is H3 except for one section on the Ark. Reach has non linear sections, but that is because they are using areas not meant for campaign and shoehorning multiplayer maps into it. Granted, Reach also has sword base and Exodus which are both non linear.

The QTE complaints are utter bullshit and hypocritical. Reach was just as guilty with first person cutscenes, and the Mac section at the end, along with on rails segments. What about H3 with it's game stopped cortana moments, which had 0 impact on the plot? H4 has 2, one that is at the beginning of the game, for atmosphere, and one at the end. It's missions has spaces that can be approached in multiple ways, and as much as it gets shit for "do this in 3 locations" the fact you can do it in any order you want, does in fact make those areas nonlinear, especially as the encounters change based on what order you do it in.

The most like H1 game is H4, which is probably why it's my second favorite full Halo FPS after H1 (even if I enjoy ODST more, it's not a "full" game).

The MP is more honest and truthful to the original game as well, getting rid of the hyper competitive nature and reverting to being more of a crazy party game with a focus on tight shooting. It's also functionally the most sound and competent game of the series, without having H2's crazy auto aim BS and asset denial focused weapon spawn system, H3's utterly bizarre netcode that drops damage at random moments and creates bullet leading, and Reach while near identical has it's own issues with Bloom, and fragmented playlist management.
>>
Full mega link where?
>>
>>387578814
343 is complete shit. kys my man
>>
>>387578708
As far as art consistency goes... there were numerous challenges. One of them being the inability to edit the way textures are laid out on bungie's original geometry, the others being simply being able to keep the same artists for years on end, and to justify their work in a 17 year old engine.

The next project will be using almost entirely 343 art assets and should enable us to be far more consistent with art assets. The loadouts exist entirely to let people play a mission in a different way. There is no "best" loadout, only ones that will force the player to navigate encounters differently. There is no unlocking procedure, no loadout that lets people exploit the game, etc. It's simply there to put a new twist on a level you have already beaten. Sprint is something where we wanted to give players an opportunity to navigate large open areas differently. H1 has some of the largest environments of the series, and we felt the enhanced mobility was something people would want to take advantage of. We intentionally made the timing of the sprint be as long as it would take to recharge your shields, so players would always constantly be moving with it, but if they ran from a fight and took damage they would have to wait behind cover to let it recharge, opposed to other implementations of sprint where it turns into "run and hide for 5 seconds". While the implementation mechanic wise could have been cleaner... we did the best we could with it.
>>
>>387579712
>H2 is almost entirely linear,

But all the nonlinear elements of CE are bad, it's an improvement.
>>
>>387573748
I just want the MCC on PC with working multiplayer. That's all.
>>
Hey SPV3 man, I'm seeing that some of your replies have been word-for-word copied and pasted into the halo thread on /vg/

>>>186383994

Was that you or is someone false-flagging (pretending to be you)
>>
>>387582538
Fucked up the link. My bad. Here it is

>>>/vg/186383994
>>
>>387573916
Anniversary was perfectly done, lived up to that idealistic memory I had of Halo CE when I was a kid. Halo 2 as well.
>>
>>387582742
I would say that halo 2 anniversary was done MUCH better than CE anniversary...

As far as being a visual update goes i think they changed the art too much
>>
>>387573876
Us Halo fans, are about to get hit with the same shit Metroid fans been getting for several months now. A bunch of autist shitting up Halo threads with a fan game even if Halo 6 turns out to be good.
>>
>>387582870
They certainly relied a bit too heavily on a more saturated colour pallet, but I kinda like it for what it is.
Truth and Reconciliation is really bland by todays standards, the remastered look is a lot less drab, and though people tend to bitch about 343 Guilty Spark I think it's the best of the lot, the original was really dark and moody, but the new one feels much more alien.
>>
>>387573916
This fan game completely ruined the atmosphere of the 343 Guilty Spark level and ruined the reveal as well. They added a shit filter for the swamp and for unknown reasons added biomass all in the Flood containment room. Hell, I'll take 343's tropical rain forest in Anniversary over this.
>>
>>387574967
This
>>
>>387574260
>Dang, I don't pirate so I'm gonna have to pass. Don't feel like buying an old PC CD either.

translation: im underage or computer illiterate

custom edition is free
>>
File: 1503121853546.png (220KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
1503121853546.png
220KB, 355x355px
>>387573748
>60 FPS FUCKING ANIMATIONS
>trailer still shows same old jittery 30fps animations
>>
File: 1407596970580.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1407596970580.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>387583183
>>They added a shit filter for the swamp and for unknown reasons added biomass all in the Flood containment room
place is supposed to be fucking sterile like a hospital, so great fucking job guys
>lets you use a controller
>no vibration option
>mapping buttons can only be used once, so If you use A to jump, you can't use A to confirm shit in the menus, meaning everytime you want to pause the game, you have to hit escape or just click resume
>cortona looks like a drugged out methqueen
>no setting in the pause menu, so to fuck with your shit you have to restart the game
>60fps animations
>enable 60fps animations
>still looks like 30
>start the game on heroic
>get to the actual shooting
>still barely taking any damage, so they pretty much just erased easy and renamed it normal, meaning "Noble" is just legendary with a fanmade name
I can tell this is going to be quite the ride
>>
>>387583417
>trailer still shows same old jittery 30fps animations
So you never even watched it? Why are you trying to fit in on an anonymous chinese memes and frogposting board?
>>
>>387583876
Also, some Brute Combat Forms come out of those biomass as well, so they fucking ruined the Combat Form reveal as well for having the players fight them early and killing the scare factor from the original and anniversary game.
>>
>>387573748
>armor abilities

Dropped
>>
>>387573748
>Loadouts in the campaign
Fuck these guys, even 343 knows not to do that.
>>
>>387584225
This to. Loadouts and armor abilities in CE? The fuck are these clowns thinking?
>>
>>387584225
As far as loadouts go, campaign is the least offensive place to have it as you'll naturally pick up whatever you want anyways. So it's kind of harmless, if not pointless.

Loadouts in MP can fuck right off though
>>
>>387583183
>fan game

It's a mod?
>>
>>387584225
SPv3 looks and plays like a young-adult fanfiction with as much assets awkwardly crammed into it as possible within the ramifications of the Evolved team's leftover work with OpenSauce 4.0.
>>
>>387573748
someone redpill me on this
>>
>>387585114
The way it currently will work is when you download SPV3, it includes Halo CE. It verifies you have Halo CE installed, and then makes a copy of all needed files to a second directory halo spv3. From there, it creates a shortcut to spv3.exe, which is our mandatory launcher, which launches the location of the game.

The launcher is used to deliver updates (it downloads nothing to your computer), enable 60 FPS and other Chimera settings, EAX for enhanced audio, a functional continue button, and more planned features for the future.

One of these features is multi mod support. Eventually, the launcher will be able to let you switch between SPV1, SPV2, SPV3, and our next project currently named "Oddball", outside of ones Halo Custom Edition folder, with all that good stuff we listed earlier.
>>
>still limited to PC version's no co-op
What's the point?
>>
>Download stops just as it's about to finish

fucking why
>>
>>387573876
What I feel bad about is that they want a fucking Halo 3 Anniversary when they can just plug in their 360 or even their fucking XB1. Halo 3 is not hard to get and the consoles to play it are probably in everybody's room right now, two cables away from being able to be played on.
>>
>>387586420
Halo fans won't let go of the MCC until Microsoft fix it
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.