[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some things that you've expected to get better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: Eclipse.png (281KB, 643x744px) Image search: [Google]
Eclipse.png
281KB, 643x744px
What are some things that you've expected to get better in games over the years but have actually gotten worse?

For me its the depth of games.
>>
>>387570625
physics and AI. We seemed to have peaked around havok and FEAR 1
And since everything is going multiplayer they can't use expensive physics, sometimes the servers have to be split between handling those tasks on higher player counts.
Server browsers are also something I took for granted. Thanks consoles
>>
>>387570625
bigass multiplayer games

you think with everyone having 100+Mbps connections, you could do some really crazy shit with MMOs like an actual action game, like fucking GunZ with 120+ players, but no, we just keep getting WoW clones and Korean grindan games
>>
>>387571386
They do this in eve online. Its not exactly a fun experience, believe me.
Especially when they decided to implement time dilation due to the local space you're in being single threaded.
>>
i thought we'd get better controls but for the most part it's just more controls on the same button

though though the silver lining is that the bottommost analog input method, the stick, is being replaced with gyro for fine camera controls in a lot of games
>>
I swear games keep getting buggier and buggier these days
Too many games shoved out the door before they're ready to meet release dates and thinking that'll it'll be fine because they'll try and patch things later
>>
>>387571604
>more controls
controllers will always hold this back
>>
>>387570625
Speaking of depth, I remember in old western RPGs and Adventure games on the PC you could usually type in any word you wanted while on a dialogue screen and certain key words would illicit a response from the NPC you were directing it at. Now you get four canned questions/responses to everything. I get that voice acting makes such a system more demanding, but it couldn't kill the devs to have it here and there so things feel less scripted.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>387570625
Movement
Strafe-jumping was one of the funnest movement mechanics in games
>>
>>387572049
that also brings up text to speech

when the fuck are we going to get TTS so natural sounding that we can have games fully voiced with custom character names and massive amounts of text, would save a fuckton of space too with this new uncompressed audio meme
>>
>>387572296
There's technology floating about right now that can imitate a person's voice, down to the intonation and everything, using text as the basis of what they're saying. I'd say it'll be another decade before this sort of thing becomes widespread enough to be implemented into a video game.
>>
>>387572617
voice actors on suicide watch
>>
>>387572884
As they should be.
>>
File: wut da fuk.jpg (52KB, 674x669px) Image search: [Google]
wut da fuk.jpg
52KB, 674x669px
>>387570625
wtf? i saw an eclipse in the 90's when i lived in nova scotia
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.