[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you do a game like harvest moon / stardew valley / rune

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1426267307856.jpg (49KB, 474x600px) Image search: [Google]
1426267307856.jpg
49KB, 474x600px
How do you do a game like harvest moon / stardew valley / rune factory without setting it on a farm?
>>
Set it in a WWII concentration camp
>>
>>387569526
Then it's not a HM game is it?

I mean you can swap the growing of vegetables to the growing of other resources if you want, but it's still farming.
>>
File: 1501713689229.jpg (26KB, 227x275px) Image search: [Google]
1501713689229.jpg
26KB, 227x275px
>how do you make a farming game that's not on a farm
>>
>>387569793
That's why he said 'like', implying a similarity and maybe equivalency but not necessarily sameness

As for the OP I think you could set it in the city with a variety of jobs available to replace the farming. It's not really hard to come up with an idea for this kind of thing, even one that works, which is why it's rather surprising we don't get more of this kind of thing that isn't a farming simulator.
>>
File: 1501988686501.gif (2MB, 359x184px) Image search: [Google]
1501988686501.gif
2MB, 359x184px
You call it subnautica.
>>
You could make a game about becoming friendly with the people who live in your apartment complex. The time wasting part could be going to your job.
>>
>post the answer to his own question

I mean really op.
>>
>>387569526
Animal Crossing is the only life sim I have ever enjoyed, so farm elements are clearly the genre's weakness.
>>
>>387569750
A fantasy setting, nice
>>
>>387571570
>Implying the Americans didn't put German prisoners of war in brutal concentration camps
Look at this fucking cuck.
>>
>>387569526
It's called Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times. It was better than New Leaf but nobody played it.
>>
>>387569526
I guess you could do a city setting, and instead of farms you sell different kind of drugs to people.
Fantasy setting, you could be a blacksmith making different weapons for different customers, with some hunting/gathering invovled.
>>
>>387569526
Monster raising. You have multiple pet monsters to raise, and you can explore for crystals that raise different stats for your monster. Could be stuff like running power, climbing power, digging power, etc.
>>
Dragon Quest Builder.
>>
>>387572981
so chao garden?
>>
>>387569526
AC is not on a farm
>>
>>387573781
Who said it is?
>>
>>387569526
Diamond mines with slave children.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.