[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sega should give Christian Whitehead a big budget and get him

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: file.jpg (274KB, 994x940px) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
274KB, 994x940px
Sega should give Christian Whitehead a big budget and get him in Japan to make Sonic Adventure 3
>>
>Implying that the Taxman and Stealth even give a shit about 3D Sonic

Keep it 2-D, or at least non boost shit.
>>
File: sa2.png (50KB, 656x388px) Image search: [Google]
sa2.png
50KB, 656x388px
sup
>>
File: 1497409539311.png (79KB, 264x196px) Image search: [Google]
1497409539311.png
79KB, 264x196px
>>387564607
>15 years ago
>only 18 critics
would you adventurefags fuck off? you're never getting SA3
>>
>>387565189
Yes we are
>>
File: images (1).jpg (18KB, 360x140px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
18KB, 360x140px
>>387565302
you're right, here it is
jk faggot please die
>>
File: 1477601270583.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1477601270583.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>tfw when Uncharted Legacy is going to flop because nobody cares about it
>>
>>387563770
No. You classic fags are getting on my last fucking nerve now. Keep your 2d savior in the 2d space and leave 3d where it is, where the boost fags like it, leave us alone as we left you alone.
>>
>>387564607
shitty game. people only like the adventure games because of nostalgia
>>
>>387566046
Yeah but Sega will never make/fund Sonic Mania 2
>>
>>387565658
I'm disapointed that they're going to milk the cow.

>Uncharted 4 is the end of Nathan Drake's adventure
>Cool, now Naughty Dawg can do something else
>No no no, we got STANDALONE ADVENTURES!

Fuck off.
>>
>>387566204
I bet they will fund Mania 2, I am almost positive they are either in talks and planning now or they already signed a deal for sequels. I honestly think Sega will continue this franchise as it satisfies classic fans, and we all know Sega needs to know how it feels to satisfy their fans and seeing how Mania is being received I think they like the feeling of across the board satisfaction.
>>
File: reee.png (542KB, 901x463px) Image search: [Google]
reee.png
542KB, 901x463px
>>387566439
Eh, I'm happy. Unlike AssCreed, it's half price and a shorter experience. If they are going to milk the cow, it could be worse.
>>
>>387566502
I don't know man
I really want they fund Sonic Mania 2 but .......
>>
>>387563770
Uh, no. Sega should give him and his team a raise, expand their operation and tell him to make Sonic Mania 2 within 24 months MAX.
>>
>>387563770
>More money = better games
>>
I can assure you all, Mania will get a sequel. Every review praising it to hell and back, and the amount it costs to make Mania isn't even a QUARTER that it will cost to make Forces, and this shit is selling off the shelf like hot cakes, and it is the -perfect- switch game, and this is coming from a ps4bro who intends to get a switch later down the line. The Switch will guarantee Mania gets a sequel because every fuck will buy it on that.

You don't just make a Sonic game, it gets the BEST reviews in 15 years, and then not make a sequel.

Expect Sonic utopia to be brought up into the main line games when Forces fails, fans will save the franchise, not Sega.
>>
>>387566796
>and this shit is selling off the shelf like hot cakes
I'm curious about the sales. Sega hasn't said anything though, which makes me wonder how well it's selling.
>>
>>387566729
I believe they will, and this is coming from a boost fag anon, I honestly believe Sega cannot afford to fuck this up if nothing else, they fucked us on PSO 2, so I think Sega needs to keep Mania going for their sake. Believe anon, believe but don't expect as we are talking about Sega here, but I mean if they fuck this up then they may as well join Konami in the gaming shit house.
>>
>>387563770
>increase budgets and make a team good at 2D sonics create a 3D sonic
That's what caused all the problems in the first place.
>>
>>387563770
nah sega's to petty to do that. they'll probably have him make more mania games but influence it with bad decisions that make the game worse and blame him for its failure. Because there's no way that Sega of Japan would make bad business decisions.
>>
as much as I want a sequel, lizuka and sega are going to be very, very salty that a pack of ganjin came and made them look like idiots in one game, I wouldn't be surprised if we never hear about classic like this ever again because of how petty they can be

DRONT

gRO

TRO FAR MRANIA TRAEM
>>
can anyone tell me why sega WOULDN'T continue new classic stuff? It makes classic fans happy, sonic fans get more sonic, it's good for the brand which has suffered due to some bad games, shows goodwill, pretty sure it sold well, and got good user and critic reception.

what is there to lose? I really hope capcom will do something like this for mega man (not classic).

Maybe we'll get a new advance type game.
>>
>>387567462
maybe they can just make a rip off, like freedom planet. but better.
>>
>>387567532
you have no idea how much Asian culture is based around DISONABRU, the meme of DRONT GRO TRO FAR is based on reality, even if Mania makes Sega billions, which I'm sure it will, I can ASSURE you the higher ups are very fucking salty that lizuka-san and team didn't do it, but Christian whitehead and stealth did, a group of fucking romhackers who outplayed the actual Sega team in one shot. Stealth already shamed sega by making that port of Sonic 1 to Gameboy flawlessly, and when sega tried it, well, go look up gameplay of sonic 1 on Gameboy advance, it's a clusterfuck so horrific that it's almost a work of art its so shit. It makes Sonic 06 look like the mona lisa of video games. expect to see the results in the sequel, watch, Christian will work on it, but lizuka will be more on board and 'guide' them

100%
>>
>>387567953
If they really cared that much, they wouldn't have even gotten to the point where they brought on him and the others after the various updated ports. Not that they still might not fuck it up, as we've seen countless times when it looks like they've gotten the point of how to run this show, but I doubt the gaijin hating is going to be what does it. It'll be, like it always is, that they now realize this side project they were hands off on because they didn't see much big worth in it could be something actually worthwhile so now it receives their full attention and thus they fuck it all up.
>>
>>387566910
I hope you are right anon
>>
>>387567953
Japan can spin this still. Mania is mostly old mechanics with new paint, and Japan made those mechanics in the first place. I wouldn't be surprised if 90% of the reused objects and enemies are running equivalent code to the Genesis, there's no reason to rebuild the logic. Retro Engine probably had the every gimmick from the old games compatible before Mania was green-lit, they just needed better sprites and new zone themes.

Mania mostly proves that their fans are both closer to the pulse of what the market wanted from the franchise and autistic enough to rebuild Motorola 68000 code instead of having the ambition to build their own thing like every other publisher that's tried to make a Sonic game. They got the time and money to polish it and the results were great, but it's still amateur work and any sequel is going to need them to deliver beyond fan service and a level editor on steroids.
>>
>>387569540
will mania sell at leas 500k copies n japan?
>>
>>387569540
anon

you realise a fully working, sonic mania maker like super Mario maker

it's fucking game, that shit will make billions. IMAGINE the levels sonic autists would make with that shit
>>
File: 1481336131755.png (61KB, 604x540px) Image search: [Google]
1481336131755.png
61KB, 604x540px
>>387565658
You forget Neofag will shill it everywhere including here.
>>
>>387566439
Isnt it just UC4 DLC?

I cant imagine anyone would buy it without having played 4
>>
>>387571615
It's technically a stand-alone game. Just shorter than U4.
>>
Could Current Naughty Dog make a better Sonic game then current Sonic Team?
>>
>>387571339
Neogaf was a mistake
I seriously hope the owner get AIDS or is arrested for covering pedophilia activities
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
156KB, 1280x720px
>>387563770
The Mania devs don't care about 3D. You need to get a different autist to make Sonic Adventure.

I honestly think Sumo Digital should try it. They're good at racing games and Snake Pass is a solid platformer. They have speed, level design, graphics, hot to do physics, etc. all set they just need to make a Sonic that feels like Sonic and that would be their biggest and only hurdle for making a good 3D Sonic.
>>
>>387572348
>I honestly think Sumo Digital should try it
nah they destroyed Sonic and Sega All Star Racing transformed with the plane and boat meme
Their first sonic racing game was 10/10 literally the best kart-like racing game ever released
>>
>>387563770
They already made Sonic Adventure 3. Arguably 4 and 5 if you count Heros and Shadow.

Not that Adventure gameplay is something worth returning to, anyway.
>>
>>387571339
>lol why does it matter if our suave male hero gets his ass (and his brothers ass) kicked in a 2v1 vs a girl
>>
>>387567953
Sega will be mum of Mania sales numbers, then not go forward with sequels as a pretend message that it sold poorly.
>>
>>387564607
Where people just more tolerant of absolute shit controls back then?
>>
>>387574146
playing Sonic in 3D made everyone forgot about controls
like heroin user forgets about how heroin is bad when high
>>
>>387566439
Naughty dog is doing something else.
>>
File: This.jpg (18KB, 581x69px) Image search: [Google]
This.jpg
18KB, 581x69px
>>387565658
It's the best selling videogame of the month, and that is merely off pre-orders alone.
>>
>>387574865
source?
>>
>>387574865
nice try
>>
Sonic 06 is Adventure 3.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.