[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's basically Left 4 Dead but with swords and magic. Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: Vermintide.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Vermintide.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
It's basically Left 4 Dead but with swords and magic. Why isn't it more popular?
>>
>>387561589
Bought it because friends wanted to play but they rather quickly dropped it
It's rather heavy on the computer even when you downgrade the graphics, so it restricts how many people you might get to play with
The whole loot/crafting thing means you feel like you beat the game when you got the best items, while the actual l4d is "just fucking play with the same guns and have fun"
Coop vs AI games seem to have taken a drop in general regardless of being L4D or not
>>
>>387561589
I looked at getting this a few times, but iirc reviews weren't the best.
>>
>>387561589
For a niche game it was pretty popular. People only play pvp games now. Still it was good, hoping they make a sequel with Vampire Counts or Greenskins.
>>
>>387561589

No versus mode

people ALWAYS forget that shit in left4dead clones it pisses me off
>>
>>387561759
Also I forgot, maybe it has changed since I quit the game but
Every-fucking-body played Horn of Magnus. You could queue up for something else for sure but have fun with queue times and/or getting matched with an host that gives you 200 ping.

I quickly took a peek back in the game months ago and it seems they added some kind of missions that required paid DLCs but I might have misunderstood it.
>>
>>387561589
got burned out on with the poor connections, bugs, poor drop rates on things you want/need, and there weren't a lot of maps. this was before a content update though, so I think there has been several big patches since then.
>>
File: fat.jpg (21KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
fat.jpg
21KB, 600x338px
>>387561589
Still no L4D3
>>
>>387562013
>>387562043

ding ding ding

left4dead is good since it had a fun versus mode

Vermintide doesnt
>>
>>387562990
Why make a L4D3 when they can make more hats and skins for their other games?
>>
>>387561589
because literally every has already played the absolute shit out of L4D
>>
>>387561589
Because it's basically Left 4 Dead but with swords and magic.
>>
>>387561589
The random loot shit was awful.
>>
>>387561589
no mods
>>
diablo fps
>>
>>387561589

But Melee weapons were the most boring way of combating stuffm.
>>
>>387561589
Got fucking sick of Skaven. I know It's vermintide but this kind of game wants me to branch out fighting some It's, Chaos Marauders or even beastmen. This one race enemy time made me so god damn bored.
>>
>>387561759

Because of the boring/stupid af ki which most of the time relies on someop gimmicks like always seeing the player or some stupid shit. ki is almost always boring.
>>
something about the fov or graphics really turned this game off for me. when theres a lot of things happening on screen at one time or a big swarm it kind of turns into a big ugly mess and because its mainly all up close combat you don't really know where u r or what ur doing
>>
>>387561589
Been quite awhile but around the 6 hour mark I started hitting a bunch of groups with retards that split up and get killed a bunch and screw the group. Also gear with stats meant that you go through the entire mmo song and dance of ilevel shit.
Just didn't feel fun honestly.
>>
I just want to know when we get a Payday: The Heist with swords and magic.
>>
>>387565791

>ki

What is this nigga talking about?
>>
>>387565946
Err, I should say a Medieval Payday, considering 2 went full meme and has all sorts of stupid weapons.
>>
>>387565994

ai you stupid

>>387561589
furthermore the combat is fucking floating trash and 99% of the gameplay. How am i supposed to enjoy this shit mindlessly clicken one or two buttons or even holding with an autoclicker script. Fix your gameplay. But the setting looks nice and the idea is good
>>
>>387561589
combat feels like shit and the loot sucks all the fun out
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.