[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tonight I start my journey playing every Megaman game in chronological

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: fc_rockman1.png (4KB, 256x240px) Image search: [Google]
fc_rockman1.png
4KB, 256x240px
Tonight I start my journey playing every Megaman game in chronological order.
Are the collections for the original series faithful or should I emulate the original games individually?
>>
eh the series is shit
>>
eh who cares you're not special just play the games
>>
>>387560825
The legacy collections are as faithful as they come, and the emulation is top notch. No imput lag, no mode 7 issues, and free DLC for megaman 9 and 10
>>
>>387561096
>>387561337
edgy

>>387561493
Correct, or really any collection is good.
>>
>>387561493
Perfect, thanks. Grabbing that.
>>
>>387560825
the collections are basically emulation anyway.

but if you want an authentic experience, just emulate them all.

do you plan on playing the Mega Man X games too?
>>
>>387563674
Yep, every series in chronological order. I'll need to look it up again but I think it's megaman, x, megaman zero, zx, legends. Fit the net navy version of megaman in there somewhere.
>>
File: mb16.png (82KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mb16.png
82KB, 640x480px
>>387564459
if you are determined to play them all, (and for history's sake its not a bad idea to play even the stinkers) just be forewardned than Mega Man X6 is a bit of an unfinished mess, (but still enjoyable) and Mega Man X7 is a mediocre and dull game that is often just not fun.

I also must warn you of Battle Network 4 and 5, they tend to be kind of iffy, with some ideas that dont really work.

I would also recommend some of the side games, like Battle and Chase (the kart racer) or Power Battle/Power Fighters (the arcade fighting games) those are really fun.

godspeed, anon. Mega Man was a great series
>>
>>387565263
I've beaten X7 twice and I don't even know why. I knew it was worse than the others. Probably because it was easier. It's one of the few X games I actually managed to finish.
I'm pretty worried about the Sigma in the X series. I think I've only actually beaten him in X4 and X7, despite playing most of the X games to near completion as a kid.
>>
>chronological order

You'll stop around 6.
>>
>>387562136
>le edgy XD

Except not really. Capcom was infamous for shitting out sequels without placing the effort to polish them. This becomes more relevant when you get into the X series.

But sure man, enjoy your shitfest and you better play Battle Network while you're at it.
>>
Ooo please tell me Mega Man Soccer in on the table. If you have not played it, it is worth it for the sheer lunacy.
>>
Not OP, just finished 1 for the first time without save-states, it was a lot of fun, had some issues like that final part with all the bosses was unfair to start all over, now it's time to play 2 wish me luck.
>>
File: megamanlc2.jpg (336KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
megamanlc2.jpg
336KB, 1920x1080px
Did anyone here buy Legacy Collection 2? I got it on PS4 partially because it's the only physical Megaman game coming out.
>>
Stay away from the PS2 collection. It has input lag.

>>387567787

Eh I'm waiting for a sale. Not a huge fan of 7 and 10
>>
File: Mega Man 4.jpg (637KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mega Man 4.jpg
637KB, 1920x1080px
I did this last year but I made some adjustments.
For MM3, I used the Improvement Patch here:
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/992/
Instead of playing the original MM7 and MM8, I played the 8-bit FC demakes. Marathonning the series is just way better without the random switch to 16/32bit.
By the time you finish MM10 you'll be quite good at the games, so I'd give the Unlimited fangame a try.
Yes, checkpoints are scarce and the levels are long. It's still a good Mega Man game.

I only played X1-3. Everything else in the X series is either just average or plain terrible.
Looking forward to MegaMan X Corrupted though holy fuck

Enjoy playing one of the best series around. Then prepare for disappointment when you realise Capcom has forgotten him.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.