[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /v/, what are your hopes and dreams for the next digital Magic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: 1497232390323.jpg (119KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
1497232390323.jpg
119KB, 630x630px
So /v/, what are your hopes and dreams for the next digital Magic the Gathering game?
>>
You mean the MMO right? I guess it'd be nice if the game wasn't terrible but that's just wishful thinking.
>>
File: 456456225699.jpg (13KB, 354x360px) Image search: [Google]
456456225699.jpg
13KB, 354x360px
>wotc not fucking everything up, making you waste money then moving to the next thing
>>
To have all the cards of a set, no shitty restrictions and to not cost an arm and a leg to draft. Never gonna happen.
>>
File: mtg_1997.jpg (66KB, 360x459px) Image search: [Google]
mtg_1997.jpg
66KB, 360x459px
Just do a remake of the 90s PC game, all legal cards, rules, and the RPG element. No microtransation shit.
>>
>>387545002
That already exists in the form of mods for that game. Surprisingly crash less than the dotp series.
>>
>>387545530
I got the 2015 edition, I love it, but I would like to see an update to the graphics and even more recent additions.
>>
>>387542439
All cards, lots of modes, no premade decks, you create your own decks but, obviously must follow formats, you get in game currency to unlock packs at a nice rate like in Yugioh games (winning duels get you 1200 points, booster is 400) and most impartantly no microtransactions and dlc only for new upcomings sets.
Unfortunately, Wizards are huge jews and despite Heartstone and other tcgs games ruling the digital space they expect a Magic game to be at the top just because its Magic. This is despite MTGO and Magic Duels being there.
>>
>>387544438
> He paid for Magic: Duels instead of hacking it

Faggot.
>>
>>387545680
Same. There's just so many things to do in Shandalar. I'd play the shit out of it over and over, despite the limited cards. When, I discovered mods, I just played that for a month.

As for more recent mods they do exist, but they not really compatible with everything up to 2015 (since that's a blob of mods barely held together with duct tape), so it's either one or the other, which sucks. Also, the mtg vidya modding scene being pretty much dead doesn't help as well.
>>
>Konami stopped making yu-gi-oh games and moved onto Duel Links, which I guess it's better than Hearthstone, but that's not saying much
>Wizards fucking up Magic games hard
>everything else is a Hearthstone clone

Rip in pieces, card game video games.
>>
>>387546220
The 2015 version I downloaded works well enough for me, I have the original disc to the base game, but couldn't ever get it running properly on any machine with an OS past WinXP, despite patches/fixes/updates people were recommending.

>>387546594
Having never played YGO, Duel Links was a lot of fun for being free, especially since I was playing since launch and they were constantly giving out free currency (gems was it?) to get packs. I stopped a while back ago though, just burnt out on it. It amazes me how easily Wizards keep fucking up MtG when, as the above and I have stated, fans and modders have updated a 90s game to be the best thing ever.
>>
Since in Magic Duels you can outright buy card packs over unlocking them does this mean its pay to win?
>>
File: 1496122549290.png (50KB, 298x235px) Image search: [Google]
1496122549290.png
50KB, 298x235px
>what I want
Phantom Dust-type arena game
>what we will get
Hearthstone but with MtG cards

The MMO has some potential though
>>
>>387546783
>I have the original disc to the base game, but couldn't ever get it running properly on any machine with an OS past WinXP, despite patches/fixes/updates people were recommending.
Weird. It runs on my win7 fine. Well, minus the occasional crash for no reason. Though I did download the whole thing pre-patched of a link that some guy put in his Youtube video.
>>
>>387547380
Random crashes, deck builder messing up/losing deck(s), or the game crashing after some duels.
>>
File: 1500403348380.png (70KB, 852x944px) Image search: [Google]
1500403348380.png
70KB, 852x944px
>>387542439
>the next digital Magic the Gathering game
They're making one? Honestly I wish they would go back to the normal modern Duel of the Planeswalkers format where you have premade decks and shit out a new game every year. The diehard Magic autists have physical Magic and the grognard programs and Magic Online, but I really enjoyed just spending $10-20 a year for a few decks and playing against surprisingly tolerable AI.

Although I will say none of the decks were as good as the first of the modern games. That one knocked it out of the park with straight up vanilla archetypes for the colors and no extreme dumbfuckery.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.