[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this worth playing if I have no previous experience with the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: resident-evil-6.jpg (32KB, 640x347px) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil-6.jpg
32KB, 640x347px
Is this worth playing if I have no previous experience with the RE franchise
and I just want to laugh at the stupid silly action set pieces?

It looks fun in a really dumb way.
>>
please respond
>>
If you have ZERO expectation or understanding of what Resident Evil is then maybe. The problem with RE6 is that it's a case of good mechanics but awful level design with its campaigns. You might like actually playing Mercs but if you're in it for the spectacle then either pick this one up on the cheap or watch a let's play. Whatever you do though, don't go around pretending you know shit about RE after dealing with this game.
>>
>>387541828
If you never played RE I recommend starting with REmake if you want survival horror or 4 if you want action shooter
>>
>>387542972
>don't go around pretending you know shit about RE after dealing with this game.

I would have no interest in that. I just wanted to see some over the top action spectacle. From what I've seen, it basically just looks like an interactive campy B-movie.
>>
>>387543796
That's exactly what it is, to varying degrees depending on the campaign

Leon's campaign: More spooky stuff
Chris's campaign: More Call of Duty stuff
Jake's campaign: Balls to the wall from start to finish

However the first two get generally more over the top the farther you get. The ending of Leon's is pretty crazy.

I think the game is fun as fuck personally I would definitely recommend it if that's what you're looking for
>>
Yeah its good. Definitely worth a play if you're curious or a fan of RE. Chris and Jake campaigns are pretty actiony. Where Leon and Ada campaigns swing closer to a more linear 4 and 5.
>>
>Helena is one of the hottest RE chicks ever
>she will never be in another game because she debuted in the one people hate

Why
>>
If you like TPS games go for it. Mechanically it's still an interesting game if heavily flawed.
>>
>>387541828
This game is best enjoyed in co-op.

Playing it by yourself is like pulling teeth.
>>
well, we can agree that this game is a good game but not a good "resident evil" game.. right guys?
>>
>>387544554
Helenas China outfit is seriously distracting.
>>
>>387544554
Helena is pretty good. Her monstergirl sister is better though.
>>
>It looks fun in a really dumb way.

Resident Evil 6 is actually a game that takes itself way too seriously.

Yeah, the game does have ridiculous set pieces and over the top segments; but the actual story is incredibly drab and grim in a way that's not even fun schlock, it's just boring. The game tries to make you feel shaken very often, but the emotional weight is just not there at all. The lunacy is often in service of drama instead of entertainment, Jake's campaign being the notable exception.

Resident Evil 4 is actually way better in this regard because there is way more comic relief, which fits much better with the over the top action. Leon is a total smartass in RE4 while in RE6 he's a total wet blanket.
>>
I think it's worth it for the over-the-top finishing moves you can pull on zombies.
>>
>>387541828
No. RE4 does "stupid silly action" way better since it's just the right amount of self-aware. RE5 is the better looking game if you want to co-op and it also does stupid silly better even though it's all played straight. RE6 is pretty much only good for fanservice (grown up Sherry) and for mercs mode.
>>
>>387542871
play the remake before you get this.
>>
File: Unamused Becky.png (631KB, 539x558px) Image search: [Google]
Unamused Becky.png
631KB, 539x558px
Is the multiplayer on this game dead? I bought it last night on Steam during the sale and there are absolutely no lobbies.
>>
>>387546756
>not playing this with a friend
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.