[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Games you didn't like at first but grew on you the more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: Theevilwithin_cover.png (743KB, 764x828px) Image search: [Google]
Theevilwithin_cover.png
743KB, 764x828px
Games you didn't like at first but grew on you the more you played. I'll start.

Also, the lighting in this game is amazing.
>>
>>387536067
Game should've been titled Hide and Seek or Trial and Error. Trying to get through it before the sequel drops, but there's some poorly thought out shit in this game.
>>
>>387536432
Anything in particular you're having trouble with? I know a few exploits.
>>
>>387536616
Not him, but I'm trying to get through on Akumu difficulty and I'm getting fuck stuck on the first level where you're trying to get past the chainsaw guy and your leg in injured. I swear to god, there are these fucking boxes in the way that weren't there on normal difficulty and I can't break them.
>>
>>387536616
Just started chapter 14. The first couple of chapters were great, it started to fall off around chapter 6, level design picked up in 9, but Ruvik's "teleports behind you" shit was obnoxious as fuck. Chapter 10 was the worst by far, particularly some of the Laura chase sequences. Trying to evade her but there being a proximity bomb behind a pillar led to a couple of deaths. And then the boss having an instant kill grab in his second form was just silly. Those were the parts I had the most trouble in. It seems like they wanted to reward being patient, but then would throw stuff at you that went against that playstyle.
>>
>>387537404
You should play the DLC when you're done. It doesn't really fix any of the problems you're talking about, but the scares are better and so are the monster designs imo
>>
>>387537678
I'll check it out, I've heard it helps explain the story. The art, atmosphere, and enemy design are all great. And the Agony Bolts are awesome. I'm trying to like the game, but the instant kill shit is off putting.
>>
>>387538071
It's better than the actual game, also it's spooky
>>
>>387538161
Neat. I'm cautiously optimistic about the sequel. Monster design looks top notch from the trailers they've had so far.
>>
>>387538161
I don't know about better, but it is definitely spookier. It is, however, also far more contextual with it's mechanics.
>>
>>387536067
>60gb
>>
>>387538510
Looking forward for the sequel too
>>387538536
I like stealth you know. The whole DLC is like I imagined TEW to be after playing Chapter 1
>>
>>387536778
Yeah, I think his movement patterns change a little bit. Enter the through the doorway as soon as the game loads and hug the boxes on your left side. There should be a bottle there, so throw it out of the room so you can move onto the next section.
In the next section, hug the left side. There should be another bottle there. Wait for the sadist to burst in and destroy all the boxes in the room. Throw the bottle into the room you were just in, and while he's distracted you should be able to make your escape.
>>387537404
Yeah, chapter 6 is pretty awful, especially on Akumu mode. For the construction-site area with the hand-crank turrets, an easy way is to enter from the left side, and destroy the left-most turret first. Then the Haunted that pulls the lever should spawn in, so quickly snipe him before he can. This should slow down enemy spawns.
For chapter 9, basically just save often. Try to have all of the Ruvik encounters in the main hall, so you can just run circles up and down the stairs. Ruvik actually has to be really close to you, so you can maneuver tight spaces more than you would think.
For chapter 10, you can actually avoid Laura by literally running circles around her. I think you're referring to the bomb on the pillar that's next to the lever in the final part. If so, I would suggest shooting an explosive arrow near to it. Then, bait Laura into that area. She should set off the arrow, which in turn will destroy the bomb. Then you should be able to pull the lever in peace. But basically, if you don't have something to hide behind, you can literally run circles around Laura and she won't be able to grab you.
>>
>>387536067
Only game i ever played while on shrooms, and i gotta say it made the experience not that bad, id do it again given the choice.
>>
>>387539349
>dude shrooms lmao
But seriously, horror games are great on shrooms. Played fear 3 on them, and it turned a mediocre game into a fast-paced nightmare.
>>
>>387539349
>>387539689
Ever tried magic truffles? I cant find mushrooms anywhere (britbongland) but I can get truffles delivered from dam, not sure if its worth it.
>>
>>387538967
I realized I could burn her as she was spawning and ran over to the lever with barely any health, which was how that fucking bomb got me. Another time, I guess I mistimed something and she grabbed me as soon as I was done pulling the lever. Had to put the game down for a couple of days after that.
Ruvik caught me in that foyer once. Running in a circle, trying to see where he would spawn and the cock spawned directly in front of me.
>>
File: gg.png (613KB, 939x383px) Image search: [Google]
gg.png
613KB, 939x383px
>>387536067
Great game. Thanks to the lads on here that talked me into buying it.
>>
>>387538967
I tried doing that, but I'm having a problem with the fucking chainsaw guy. Sometimes he'll basically stand in one spot just turning around for about a minute, and it can be hard to tell exactly which direction to go when maneuvering around him.
>>
>>387540565
I think his movement pattern is fairly reliable for the first room, so just study his patterns. But you will have to manipulate his movements with the bottles, I don't think it's possible otherwise. I'm not sure how much more I can help you beyond telling you that. Where exactly is he spotting you?
Also, have you looked at a video walkthrough?
>>
>>387541629
When I sneak into the room with the boxes block my path is usually where he gets difficult. Sometimes as he's about to break the boxes near the back and cross over to my side of the wall I throw the bottle into the other room. But he then kind of stays right in the middle turning around, seemingly trying to decide which way he wants to go in order to back to the other room so I keep trying to stay out of his sight.
>>
>>387542064
In that room he patrols from left to right (the left area being where he destroys those boxes next to the counter), so what I did was throw the bottle when he was on the right side. Perhaps where you are when you throw the bottle matters. I threw the bottle from near the doorway hiding the blinds (or whatever that thing is that gets put between hospital beds for privacy), so I was standing pretty close to the doorway. As he approaches from the right, I circle around the left.
>>
>>387542064
I think some guy did an akumu/no upgrades run on YouTube. Might be worth looking at.
>>
this game is one hard motherfucker
also how in the fuck is it legal?
>>
>>
>>387537404
>insta kill grab
literally all you have to do is sprint sideways to avoid it
>>
>>387542498
I finally did it. I got past it. Christ, it's really difficult doing that shit. I mean, it's one thing to change patterns and make attacks hurt more or something, but putting boxes in the way I can't break? That's frustrating.
>>
>>387544228
After getting killed a couple times trying to outrun it, I figured that out.
>>
File: joseph.jpg (162KB, 1515x1684px) Image search: [Google]
joseph.jpg
162KB, 1515x1684px
Hey, I'm really fucking confused about when Joseph died. I played the DLC, so I know that in it Kidman does at one point kill him. But he comes back? How does he come back? And then he hangs with the main guy for a while before dying again.

Then I played the executioner DLC, and Joseph is in it and you can kill him? And this is after Ruvik is gone so Joseph is still there somehow and you have to kill him. Is Joseph fucking immortal or some shit?
>>
>>387544670
Executioner isn't canon.

Anyway, Joseph isn't dead. He was shot but his heartbeat can still be heard in the STEM room in the Kidman dlc. He is also seen being carried out by some scientists in the ending in the Kidman dlc too.

He'll likely be brainwashed and appear in the sequel.
>>
>>387544670
Joseph never died, not even once
He is confirmed still alive at the very end of the game in the second Kidman DLC too
>>
>>387545009
He isn't dead? WTF?! But everyone else died when they were killed in STEM! Excluding the executioner DLC Joseph died like two fucking times!
>>
>>387545092
But... how? How did he not die?
>>
>>387544664
don't worry, took me a while to figure it out as well.
>>
>>387536432
I beat this on AKUMU mode, step up your game. People like you are the reason games are casual shit these days
>>
>>387545132
>everyone else
only Jimenez and Connelly, the former because Ruvik wanted him dead and the latter because Sebastian blew his brains out
everyone else survived EW1, maybe even Ruvik
>>
>>387545364
But Kidman axed Joseph multiple times, and then shot him. He should be really dead.
>>
>>387536067
>beating it on Akumu mode in under 5 hours while getting no upgrades
It took me so many tries but I finally fucking did it
>>
Why does it seem like Sebastian doesn't realize he's hooked up to the machine?
>>
>>387543253
>also how in the fuck is it legal?
What do you mean?
>>
>>387547234
Speaking of which, when did he get hooked up? Because they all entered the stem while they were driving to the hospital via a wireless connection. So when he did enter STEM he wasn't even near the hospital and wasn't hooked up to anything.
>>
>>387547461
I think if I remember from some files correctly they were kidnapped either in their homes or leaving work
>>
>>387544341
Congrats! But that's just the tip of the iceberg. There are more obstacles everywhere in akumu mode.
My favorite is in chapter 11, in the mannequin factory. Remember that area with the big guy patrolling it? He's replaced by buzzsaw Roombas with mannequins standing on top.
>>
File: 1468577808179.jpg (63KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1468577808179.jpg
63KB, 700x700px
>>387547752
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
>>
>>387547149
You better have footage, because that's unbelievable.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (220KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
220KB, 1920x1080px
>>387536067
>>
>>387548121
I don't record my games, plus it took me 100+ tries over almost 3 years. I now fucking hate this game, you can find some videos of people doing it on youtube.
>>
>>387548121
Not that anon, but someone has fucking done it.
https://youtu.be/pOkurhS4L6A
>>
Funnily enough I just got done doing a nightmare run of this after having to do normal to unlock nightmare.

It's a pretty okay game, definitely enjoyed replaying it now over when it first came out.

I kinda want the sequel to move more towards the RE4 route, where you get a range of weapons and you can pick which ones you wanna use, rather than there being like 5 weapons and a throwable and you just get to have all of them.
>>
>>387548054
Don't worry it actually almost makes the area easier. I'm just giving an example of the curve balls that akumu mode can throw at you.
>>387548538
Jesus, that's incredible
>>
>>387548538
>no keys
Good lord this man is insane
>>
>>387548694
>>387548831
It's impressive as fuck
>>
>>387536067
>It's possible to kill the sadist in chapter one
What the fuck
>>
>>387549784
How?
>>
Reminder: Evil Within 2, Dishonored Death of the Outsider, Xenoblade 2, and South Park are the only games mentioned in E3 to be even remotely excited about. Everything else is dubious trash right now.
>>
>>387549903
You have to backstab him like 16 times
>>
>>387550148
>Ace Combat
>dubious trash

get your head out of your ass anon and enjoy video games
>>
File: 1498516448664.jpg (37KB, 625x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498516448664.jpg
37KB, 625x1024px
>>387551020
Fuck me. I completely forgot about AC7. I need to smash myself in the face with an XLAA now. Will remember for next time I make this post to inform people about upcoming worthwhile games.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.