[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have only one question for the Monster Hunter fans. Is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: moh.jpg (208KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
moh.jpg
208KB, 1280x720px
I have only one question for the Monster Hunter fans.

Is there a good variety of loot in regards to equipment? Well, not loot. I understand armour and weapons are crafted with bits of stuff you hunt.

But is there a good variety? Plenty of cool looks that are viable?
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1399x981px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1399x981px
Monster Hunter Armor designs are pretty slick, high rank armors are often considerably different between male and female hunters but it usually avoids the more bland "chainmail bikini" stuff.
They tend to reflect the design of the monster they were crafted from and usually those designs have a lot of personality.
>>
File: file.png (2MB, 1337x937px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2MB, 1337x937px
>>387533886
Also, altho it's not "unviable", the game incentivizes wearing full sets rather than mish mashes of what looks good in most cases.

Skills are decided by your armor pieces giving you "points" towards a certain skill and only once you hit 10/15 does said skill actually activate, no gradual buildup, hence removing a single piece out of a set can make you lose a skill if the new piece doesn't give points towards the same skill.

Lastly, each armor has 2 versions, one for melee weapons and one for ranged weapons, often with quite a different design, so in case of variety you're deffo set.
>>
>>387534368
>>387535031
Awesome, cheers.
>>
WHO /HUNTING HORN/ HERE
>>
>>387536203
toot toot mah nigga
>>
>>387536203
Horns? How can a horn be a weapon?
>>
>>387537263
I can't tell if bait or not. It's basically a slower version of the hammer that also acts as a support weapon, giving you and other hunter s buff, healing, etc.
>>
>>387537659
Not bait, I'm OP. Totally new to the series apart from about an hour of gameplay on the PS2.
>>
>>387533886
There's plenty of customization in MH but once you get to endgame, there usually is a meta. You'll see a lot of people running similar sets with similar skills. It can get so bad that people will kick you from rooms if you don't have meta builds.
>>
>>387537705
Ah no worries then. Basically most weapons are restricted by speed, damage and defense. Weapons like the GreatSword are strong and can block attacks, but are slow when attacking and moving with it drawn. Other weapons like the longsword (My favourite) are fast and do significant damage, but cant block attacks. Then you've got weapons like the Sword and Shield which aren't as strong as others but are fast and can block attacks.
>>
>>387537705
There's also a lot of armor sets in the game, one for every monster plus more. In the older games there used to be seperate sets for melee and gunner weapons respectively. However they've got rid of those and now they've got one set for all weapons. This doesn't mean much in terms of gameplay as you get different skills depending on if you're a blademaster or a gunner, but it means we won't be seeing any unique armor designs for ranged weapoms for a while
>>
>>387537812
They should have glamour/transmog for MHW
>>
>>387538692
Can someone please explain transmog to me, I never got around to it
>>
>>387539147
Its just having an armor get the design of another armor while keeping the stats.
An avatar for your armor/gear if you will.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.