[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>instead of improving on KH1's flawed level design, it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: 1446664498193.jpg (41KB, 256x361px) Image search: [Google]
1446664498193.jpg
41KB, 256x361px
>instead of improving on KH1's flawed level design, it just removed level design altogether
>way fewer secrets compared to 1
>way less environmental interactivity compared to 1
>generally inferior cutscene direction compared to 1
>Disney worlds/characters are far less relevant to the main story compared to 1
>Disney world scenarios/plots are weaker than 1's and are generally rehashes of the original movies (often word-for-word, with a SORA DONALD AND GOOFY occasionally thrown in)
>no league of villains
>Maleficent is a joke
>no rival character (like Riku in 1)
>no reason to revisit most worlds except when forced to
>almost all of the second visits are pointless filler
>too many original characters
>plot is extremely convoluted
>Twilight Town intro is too long and not as effective as Destiny Islands
>Sora went from slightly naive to completely retarded
>companions are way less useful than in 1, with the exception of a few overpowered limits
>auto-limit is annoying and enabled by default
>while the magic system does discourage heal spam, it also discourages using magic in general (and there's no magic-based environmental puzzles, or white mushrooms)
>enemies' elemental weaknesses often make no sense
>no tech EXP
>no dodge roll
>Guard is less satisfying than 1's
>Explosion is overpowered (as are finishers in general)
>mini-games are "cleaner" than 1's but also lack charm (especially in 100 Acre Wood)
>mission-based structure of most worlds is too restrictive and not organic, KH1 put more faith in the player to figure things out (even making you talk to NPCs in some cases)
>>
>>387521784
What a whiny bitch
>>
sounds awful. glad i never got into this shit series
>>
>>387521784
All true except for Twilight Town.

Even though it takes longer to do, TT does a better job of pulling you into the story.
>>
>>387521784
>no league of villains

uh
>>
Anyone have any tips for fighting Roxas in KH2FM? The fucker is almost as annoying as Xaldin.
>>
>>387522723
Just use limit form
>>
And yet despite that it's considered the best game in the series

Sure, it misses many things but it makes up for it by having an amazing combat system
>>
>>387522723
What difficulty?
>>
>>387522908
>90% of the game is bad, but it's okay because the combat is good
Fuck this mindset. KH2's combat isn't even that good. Enemies barely telegraph their attacks and every spell that isn't reflect or magnet is useless.
>>
>>387523291
>Barely telegraph attacks
That's the point faggot
Git gud
>>
>>387523469
>the player has no control over whether or not they get hit because they can't anticipate attacks
>lol git gud
Telegraphing is essential in all action games.
>>
>>387523739
And yet people can easily play lvl 1 crit mode and do the bosses or CoR without taking a single hit.

I've beaten the game lvl 1 and i have to say, honestly, git gud.

If you die it's ALWAYS your fault. (Except for maybe Jafar but thats just extremely poor design with clunky controls)
>>
>>387521784
opinion discarded. go play disney infinity, that might be more your speed
>>
>>387523739
Lance nobodies flail around like idiots before attacking
Fat bandits either breathe in or move their arms around
The skater nobodies glow red
The red magicians get engulfed in fire
Those other basic nobodies have slow transformations into forms
Dusks have a reaction command before their attack
The lance heartless in mulan world have a massive windup to their Spears
Almost all bosses have audio cues and flashy animations, roxas being a prime example

Its not the games fault if you dont pay attention
>>
>>387521784
i can start a thrhead of lies too you know
>>
>>387521784
I hope KH3 actually makes hitting enemies with a keyblade more satisfying like KH1, where you can bounce heartlesses back with a finishing combo.
>>
File: 01 - NLlj8CD.png (153KB, 376x375px) Image search: [Google]
01 - NLlj8CD.png
153KB, 376x375px
>>387521784
>no league of villains
did you play the game?
>no rival character (like Riku in 1)
did you play the game?
>almost all of the second visits are pointless filler
so like KH1 then?
how is this a bad thing? org 13 is more interesting than all the disney villains from KH1
>plot is extremely convoluted
not at all unless you skipped CoM
>Twilight Town intro is too long and not as effective as Destiny Islands
that opening is pure kino and has a lot of story significance. so i must ask, did you play the game for more than a couple hours?
>auto-limit is annoying and enabled by default
so turn it off
>while the magic system does discourage heal spam, it also discourages using magic in general
just because you didn't use magic doesn't mean no one else did
>no dodge roll
did you play the game
>Guard is less satisfying than 1's
they're almost exactly the same except KH2 doesn't give you free hits after every guard when fighting human characters
>Explosion is overpowered (as are finishers in general)
how is this a problem?

some of your points are valid though, but for the most part it's just you complaining that the game isn't KH1 or just not paying attention
>>
>>387521784
>magic usage
>discouraged
What a fucking pleb

>no dodge roll
Oh, you didn't even play the game, nevermind

>Finishers are overpowered
Not at all but ok friend

>>387523291
>every spell that's not reflect is useless
Just because you never bothered to experiment with the combo system doesn't mean it isn't there, blizzard and thunder are especially useful throughout several encounters and bosses

t. Beat the game on LV1 CM
>>
>>387521784
and it still manages to be a better game than KH1 and will most likely be better than KH3. KH2 was probably the peak of the series
>>
File: 1406862491226.jpg (23KB, 744x615px) Image search: [Google]
1406862491226.jpg
23KB, 744x615px
>>387521784
>no league of villains
>>
File: come on.jpg (41KB, 340x470px) Image search: [Google]
come on.jpg
41KB, 340x470px
>>387524971
>KH2 was probably the peak of the series
>probably
come now, we all know it's the best
>>
>>387523291

yes they do what the fuck are you expecting? a giant red glow before they attack?
>>
fuck KH3
where is my HD 385/2 Final Mix with KH2 quality combat?
>>
>>387521784
>hates Twilight Town
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jTbNGgd5AE

Fuck you its in my top 5 worlds I want to return to in KH3
>>
>>387524935
>>no rival character (like Riku in 1)
>did you play the game?
Not him, but who was the rival character KH2? Are you talking about Org XII as a whole? Do you mean Roxas? I really don't know. Also
>org 13 is more interesting than all the disney villains from KH1
Yikes, what a bizarre opinion. They were interesting CoM, but most of them don't really do much in II. They just sort of taunt you, maybe shout and then die quickly after. Hell, I can't even remember the members that you fight in KHII.
>>
>>387525185
>HD 358/2
Still angry that such a good story plot of KH series was ruined because of shitty gameplay and being on the nintendo ds
>>
>>387525506
Only time I shed a tear in the KH series
>>
>>387522723
Limit Form and spam Limits. Run away until MP comes back, rinse and repeat.
>>
>>387527873
>Run away until MP comes back
or use an ether/elixer
>>
>>387525427
>Hell, I can't even remember the members that you fight in KHII.
TWO!?
DANCE WATER DANCE
Kain the Edgy Dragoon
Rucksuck
Already Half-Xehanort
D'Arby the Gambler
Axel's Ex-Boyfriend
Mansex

In that order.
>>
>>387521784
You have shit taste, that's all.
>>
>>387527873
you play like a bitch
>>
>Everyone saying vanilla 2 is better than 1
Probably one of the weakest in the series desu senpai
>>
On their first play through back in the day, did anyone else ever get that giddy feeling when Sora and Riku did their limit for the first time, then when it ended and they exchanged dialogue.

Sora: "Riku"

Riku: "Times up."

(fist bump)
>>
>>387521784

but muh combos and speedruns
>>
>>387529808
Vanila kh2 is still great despite being piss easy
Final battle with Xemnas alone is better than anything KH1 did
>>
>>387521784
You're not wrong but there's a lot of nostalgia for the game + Final Mix added more content which redeemed it somewhat. It's still good to bring this stuff up when people pretend that KH2 is a flawless masterpiece.

For me personally, while I like action gameplay I do miss KH1's more JRPG/action-adventure style. It certainly had problems but there was a charm to it all. It would be nice if they brought some of that charm back but most of the streamlining has stayed in place. BBS and DDD somewhat had more to their level design but introduced new problems as well. KH3 is bringing back flowmotion but in a more controlled manner, which will hopefully help bring some life to the levels.
>>
>>387529937
Objectively wrong.

The first, second, fourth and fifth phases are gimmicky set-piece battles rather than tests of skill. The final boss in KH1 meanwhile is a great endurance test.
>>
>>387522723
Just git gud faggot.

I beat him without using limit form at all
>>
Congratulations, you finally figured out Kingdom Hearts fucking sucks

What took you so goddamn long?
>>
>>387530317
spamming cure and dodge roll is not endurance test.

At least kh2's final boss fight is directed well, while kh1 tries to be a Final Fantasy, forgetting that it has action based combat
>>
>>387521784
Playing as Roxas in Twilight Town was the best part and comfy as fuck.

Get out of here with your shit taste.
>>
>>387530317
>The final boss in KH1 meanwhile is a great endurance test.
fuck yeah he is
When i first played the game when i was a kid i didn't really know how to play RPG's so i ran from heartless battles most of the time resulting in me being way under-leveled for that battle. I was like level 25-maybe 30. Needless to say, i got my shit pushed in and i remember that i fought that last boss for 4 hours non stop.I had to remember every one of his moves and to also not die to his second form. The feeling i got when i finally beat him and watched that bitter-sweet ending was priceless.
Good times
>>
>>387522163
Absolute garbage for future playthroughs though. Just like Twilight Princesses intro. I'm impressed they actually let you skip the tutorial after the first character in BBS.
>>
>>387521784
I actually agree with all of this. But I still can't say I hate it. I just hate that Disney worlds feel like padding and that there's less focus on your basic abilities and more on context sensitive prompts, qte's and gimmicks.
Nothing makes me less hype when the last boss is a bunch of triangle presses instead of actually a hard and fair fight.
>>
>>387531578
As someone who's played through both intros many times I really disagree. People just have the attention span of a goldfish and hate slow starts. KH2 would be worse if it didn't have those first 2 hours
>>
>>387532156
There's no attention span to be used when you've seen it already and have to mash through minigames and tutorials.
>>
>>387525427
Yeah I agree with some of this. CoM organization members were more interesting to watch. Most of them had their own agendas and it was fun seeing them scheme behind each others backs.
>>
Dodge roll was in KH2FM, nerd
>>
>>387532458
Not true, it's still fun and immersive to do it again. At least I think so
>>
>>387529880
Considering how they were pretty much at each other's throats the last time they were together, it was cool to see them back to being friends again
>>
>>387524935
>not at all unless you skipped CoM
Hell, I never even played the first game, let alone knowing that game existed, but I was able to follow the story pretty well.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.