[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a misunderstood masterpiece. It's the only game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Rain-World-Free-Download.jpg (171KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rain-World-Free-Download.jpg
171KB, 1280x720px
This is a misunderstood masterpiece.
It's the only game to take that metroidvania style exploration and actually do something interesting with it. A lot of reviewers bounced off it straight away because it's obtuse and extremely difficult.
When I reached the moon It felt like an arduous much like your first time playing a soulsborne game with no information to help you. I honestly feel that this game is an achievement of the medium and will be remembered when people look back upon this decade.
Thoughts?
>>
Does /v/ not want to talk about good videogames?
>>
>>387519992
wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg
>>
>>387520409
This board is in such a fucking sorry state.
>>
>>387519408
It wasn't fun or playable on release and bombed. Even if its good now no one will pick it up until a steam sale. It looks like an indie pixel game.
>>
File: sad world.jpg (403KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sad world.jpg
403KB, 1280x720px
>>387520687
OC
>>
>>387522130
bretty good
>>
>>387519408
Heard it did well though combined with Kickstarter money so im happy. New content coming too and multi, we'll need a /v/ fightclub
>>
>>387519408
I really liked it too, the feeling of exploration and danger was very well done, shame casuals gave it a bad review for the difficulty
>>
>>387519408
is that hollow knight's cousin
>>
>>387519992
>>387520478
Actual discussion still happens after midnight here in the US
>>
File: 152363745745754.gif (2MB, 490x524px) Image search: [Google]
152363745745754.gif
2MB, 490x524px
Underwhelming, directionless, pointless, irrelevant, waste of time tbqhwy.

PS - I'm better at the game than everybody in here no doubt, I fully explored basically every area minus 2-3 (can't remember exactly how many), each of which contained a whole lot of nothing.

What a pointless waste of time and potential the game turned out to be.
There needed to be an apex predator (aka boss) in each and every area, but there isn't.
There needed to be some sort of upgrade in every area, but there isn't.
There needed to be a purpose to travel through each area, but there isn't.

Surviving is piss easy and there's nothing else to do. ~L I T E R A L L Y~ nothing.
Killing enemies gives you basically nothing at all.
I don't expect XP or any trash like that, but I would like to use some animal/plant parts for various things.

Good points -
Solid eco system
Decent music when it actually plays
Very nice art style
Some decent tense moments

All of those good points are irrelevant though when the game is as pointless as it is.
Call me when/if they actually refine it and give the game a purpose.
>>
>>387523669
>Underwhelming, directionless, pointless, irrelevant, waste of time tbqhwy.
Yeah sounds like every non metroid/castlevania game that liked what sotn did but wanted to put their own retarded spin to it and ultimately is more up its own ass than anything else.
>>
File: 1497713864655.jpg (33KB, 720x711px) Image search: [Google]
1497713864655.jpg
33KB, 720x711px
Hollow Knight is better.

Sorry.
>>
File: 1491709120230.jpg (208KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1491709120230.jpg
208KB, 1200x1800px
>>387519408
Fucking loved it and it really was underrated. The exploration and learning about the world was amazing, shit like trading pearls or finding the "gods" was stuff I haven't felt in ages.

>all these comparisons to Hollow Knight
they have almost nothing in common, why do this.
>>
>>387519408
I played a few hours of it. While it's nice presentation-wise, the gameplay was way too simple. I got bored pretty quickly. Typical Metroidvanias (the good ones anyways) give you a lot more to do and have a good sense of character progression, it's not just moving from point A to point B. Now maybe partway through it suddenly gets amazing but I don't feel like wasting time to find out.
>>
So does this game any Metroidvania aspect of progression, or am I stuck doing the same things at the end of the game as the start?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.