[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth it getting a Switch JUST for Splatoon? Note, I really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: bundle1.jpg (38KB, 610x361px) Image search: [Google]
bundle1.jpg
38KB, 610x361px
Is it worth it getting a Switch JUST for Splatoon?
Note, I really liked it on the Wii U.
>>
Splatoon 1 has better stages and music, but Splatoon 2 is awesome as fuck

If you don't have the option of playing Splatoon atm, I'd say it's worth it
>>
>>387515513
If you really liked the Wii u one then probably. Are there other games you're interested in at all? Zelda, mario kart, mario?
>>
I FUCKING LOVE Splatoon and bought a switch just for one but no.

Only buy if you also want to play Mario/FE Warriors/SMT/etc.

Splat2n, by the way, is really just Splat1 with different maps and specials and a hoard mode, which is exactly what I wanted, but some people feel cheated for whatever reason.
>>
>>387515513
You're not interested in Zelda or XC2? Either way, more games are coming so why not.
>>
>>387515513
>JUST for Splatoon
I don't think any $300 console is worth it for one game, and certainly not Splatoon 2 (not saying it's bad)

If it's really the only thing that interests you, why not wait for a price drop at least. By then there might be other games you like too
>>
I've played like 200 hours of Splatoon 2. I think I'd buy any hardware (within reason) if I felt like I could get at least 100 hours out of it.
>>
I bought one just for splatoon 2.

I've never played Splatoon 1 only watched let's play.

I can't pass that up.
>>
Splatoon 2 was one of four games I boight along with my Switch to get things going. Nintendo is dropping decent exclusives/semi exclusives about once a month so it's fine for me.
>>
>>387515513
JUST for one game?

IMO, no. I tend to not buy a system unless there's 3 games I'm really interested in on it.

That said, I did get a Switch with just Zelda, which lasted me long enough Spla2n, which I can easily see lasting me until Mario comes out.
>>
>>387515513
I got one just for Splatoon 2 last month but I'm kind of starting to get bored of it since it currently has less weapons and shit than Splat 1
If you can find one for retail price I'd say buy it but do NOT pay scalper prices or get one of those $400 JewStop bundles that comes with a bunch of garbage that no one wants.
>>
>>387515513
Buying a console for one game? No, it's not worth it. Wait until there's at least 10 games you find interesting.
>>
>>387517057

>Ten

Excessive, you'll always be behind a gen
>>
I didn't have a Wii U so the Switch was an easy purchase
>>
>>387517057
No recent system was ever worth it then.
>>
Yep, I bought one just for Spla2n and it's fucking great. The horde mode is for some reason fun as fuck
>>
>>387515513
I put 150+ hours into Splatoon 1 and within a week of Spla2n's release, I had 50 hours logged into the newer game. If you're that devoted to Splatoon, it's absolutely worth buying a console for that one title
>>
>>387517393
>you'll always be behind a gen
And how many games are on your backlog?
>>
>>387515513
>>387517871
Another thing to note is that Switch online is still currently free, so it would be beneficial to get a Switch before you need a subscription to play online
>>
>>387517393
>a gen
Two or three years at most.

>>387517834
Not really. Yes, there are really bad consoles like Wee U or Xbone, but PS4, Vita and 3DS have much more than 10 games I'm interested in.
>>
>>387517929

I dunno m8, hundreds at this point going back to 1985
>>
>>387518081
So maybe being "a gen behind" isn't such a big deal. You'll save a boatload of money too
>>
I just bought one last week for it and I'd say yes. Salmon Run alone is worth it, I fucking love horde modes so I've been playing the fuck out of that specifically. I already owned BotW on Wii U too, so the only other Switch game I have right now is Puyo Puyo Tetris which is also quite fun. Might pick up Sonic Mania next week. Obviously looking forward to Mario in October and whatever next year holds so I look at the purchase as a bit of an investment as opposed to an immediate payoff.
>>
>>387517871
Unbiasedly, should I pick up Splatoon? In like the next five minutes kind of timeframe.
>>
>>387518205

Nah with online games you'll be getting after everyone has either left or become untouchable gods who live and breathe the game and be relagated to playing with literal children
>>
>>387515513
buy a used one, or buy new and sell it when you're sick of splatoon
>>
>>387517057
Le edgy nihilistic gamer
>>
>>387518389
It's very hard for me to be unbiased, but if gameplay videos of the game interest you at all, I'd at least recommend you try the game out. At absolute worst, you can sell your used physical copy if it's not your thing
>>
No. The Switch is a weak tablet.
>>
>>387518440
Saying that just makes any game with that fate sound entirely unappealing
>>
>>387518389

One or two?

Eirher way i'd say yes, I had like 400 hours in the first game and am already pushing 200 in this one. There's something about this game that really grips me. I dunno if it's the aesthetic or the territory control aspect or what, but I fucking love it.
>>
>live in NYC
>No switches
>Luckily get one for 330 on Craigslist around when splatoon came out (so everything else was 380-409
>End up spending another 300 on games and accessories because switch is comfiest console in existence
>About to spend 200 more on SD card pro controller and MK8

This is the only console I own btw, I'm a PC fag. Nintendo really outdid themselves because I only bought the switch for Pearl
>>
>>387518842
>>387518676
Thanks guys, I went ahead and picked it up. I'll probably trade it in, like anon suggested, if I don't like it. Never played the first one, so this is my first foray into the series.
>>
>>387519056
>I only bought the switch for Pearl
Why would you go an invalidate everything you wrote like that
>>
>>387519427
A ton of the reviewers didn't play the first game either and ended up loving it. It's an excellent starting point
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.