[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jesus Christ you people weren't kidding about the Hollywood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 6

File: VTMB_800x600.jpg (79KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
VTMB_800x600.jpg
79KB, 800x600px
Jesus Christ you people weren't kidding about the Hollywood sewers.

What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
Probably thought the game needed more action to vary the gameplay. They were wrong.
>>
At least they're pretty fast to run through when you've already done it a dozen times
>>
>>387502702
I actually quite like the Combat in Bloodlines but the segment could easily have been half as long.
>>
>>387502651
It's not even that bad... only the final level is a bit too much. I liked the atmosphere of the sewers, and all the journal bits left behind and the monsters sneaking up on you through the pipes.
>>
>Play a malkavian with a baseball bat and auspex
>Walk through that jumpscare mansion in Hollywood
>See the door that the monster is hiding behind
>Open it and strike at the same time
>Again and again and again
Made the whole level pretty fun desu
>>
>>387502651

They were thinking "Oh shit, fucking Activision is demanding that we release the game next month, just throw something together quick"
>>
>>387502651
It's not too bad on sebsequent playthroughs. Crouch and shoot the little ones with your glock. Use the anacoda on anything bigger. Save blood points for healing.
>>
>>387502651

They were thinking "lets make a really cool underground section with these freaky monsters, we will have NPC's running and hiding from them and all this cool stuff, etc... and so on"

What Activision was thinking was "fuck that, ship it as is I want my money."

And so the game was shipped unfinished.
>>
>>387504164
The game isnt that unfinished when it comes to content though, it just shipped buggy as fuck. The Sewers really are the standout example of padding in an otherwise pretty tightly designed game.

It's like the opposite of MGSV, which was polished but lacking in content.
>>
>>387503383
Not sure if the length is the problem. Enemy HP increases a lot and melee becomes less affective around this time which makes it feel like a slog.
>>
>>387502651
I liked the sewers.

Well, up until the pointless pop culture reference that effectively murdered the atmosphere.
>>
>>387506335
First time through I was a Tremere with an Annaconda blowing every enemy to bits. It still wasn't very fun.
>>
>>387507408
Never heard this complaint before. What are you talking about?
>>
Installed it for the first time.
Got the patch.
I am ready
>>
>>387507493
The three lost sewer workers are the dead Running Man contestants.
>>
>>387507648
Kek, never noticed that.

I don't see how that's such a big deal though, the entire game is will with references and fourth wall breaking jokes.
>>
>>387502651
>>387503383
What do you mean? They weren't any longer or more annoying than other segments. You took the shortcut, right?
>>387503510
This (but with guns).
>>
>>387508119
There is a shortcut in the sewers??
I honestly don't remember anything, it's been a while.
>>
>>387508265
Dunno if it's a patch thing but there's an underfloor hatch you can go through if you hack it.

I don't actually know how much it skips, but the sewers were pretty normal for me and I also never saw that one scorpiongirl cutscene everyone posts.
>>
>>387508029
Sewers are long and thematically distinct enough to have their own tone, and they are prefaced by Andrei's house of horrors and loosely connected to the snuff film quest. You are lost underground in old, forgotten tunnels, you read about shady happenings and entire sections being walled off, and you might be in one of them. It's a much better horror map than the Ocean House jump scares. But then here comes an Ahnold movie reference, just because fuck your immersion.
>>
>>387508119
>You took the shortcut, right?
That's a plus patch thing. Since this is their first playthrough, they are using the basic patch, so they can't take the shortcut. It skips the whole thing which sucks because you won't be able to discuss one of the most often discussed levels in VTMB. It's meant for subsequent playthroughs.
>>
>>387508334
It's added in the patch. It cuts off A LOT.
>>
>>387508334
The only problem I had with the sewers was running out of ammo because respawing monsters.
It was quite the experience, though.
>>
File: vtmb raptor.jpg (175KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
vtmb raptor.jpg
175KB, 1024x576px
Post best levels. I loved the museum because I felt like it really tested my stealth skills (especially the second half) and rewarded exploring around.

The ghost mansion is my second favourite, but mainly because of the atmosphere.
>>
>>387508334
That's a Plus patch thing and it skips about 80% of the sewers while adding a tiny little bit of an extra area.

But in any case, the sewers were not that bad. Hell, they even give you two exit doors while progressing them in case you wanted to leave and come back later after you've leved up or whatever.
They are especially really easy if you have invested in stealth.
>>
>>387508593
What? There were no respawning enemies in the sewers whatsoever.
>>
>>387508667
Malky palace for me. Ghost hotel was kinda disappointingly not scary, but that's kinda good, because I hate being scared.
>>387508492
Yeah I'm really kicking myself I can't go through the same hazing ritual as anyone else. I don't know if I mean that jokingly.
>>
>>387508593
There are no respawning monsters anywhere in the game except for the sheriff bat form fight/spoiler]. The sewers have many enemies crawling out of the pipes, but they are finite.
>>
>>387508751
>>387508791
Apologies, I remembered wrong then.
>>
Give me some fun playthrough idea anons.
>>
File: 1487794447265.png (574KB, 660x1766px) Image search: [Google]
1487794447265.png
574KB, 660x1766px
>>387508817
They probably just felt like they were infinite because of how many of them are there
>>
>>387508667
I like the blood bank in Santa Monica, just feels really well designed with a lot to do, multiple characters, no empty space.
>>
>>387508883
Play as malkav, insult everyone, exclusively use the arm as a weapon.
>>
>>387508883
An edgy, stubborn Anarch who always does the opposite of what people ask him to do, just to spite them.
>LaCroix said no victims and no witnesses? EVERYONE'S DEAD
>Strauss and Isaac want the Gargoyle out of the picture? I SIDE WITH THE GARGOYLE
>Thinblood Rosa tells me not to open it? Welp...
>>
>>387508667
Hubs - Downtown. It feels like a really scummy place and I always feel like someone will try to rob me any second.

Missions - also museum because I love to use stealth.
>>
>>387509037
>>387509167
both of these
>>
>>387508779
The Malkavian place felt kind of weak to me. It had a nice style but I got tired of stealth killing loonies and the puzzles didn't satisfy.

>>387509013
That was a nice one too. It did a good job of making you feel sneaky through either vent crawling, hacking, etc.

As for the sewer, what >>387508673 said. It was a boring slog but not really rough. I was a stealthy fucker though so being able to avoid fighting some of the big monsters probably made my trip easier than most people's.
>>
>>387508667
When you investigate that internet cafe and suddenly everyone is missing, creepy music starts playing and monsters are everywhere.
>>
>>387509167
>I SIDE WITH THE GARGOYLE
wut

how can I do it? I thought he will always sperg out at you at some point.
>>
>>387509206
Stubborn Anarch rebel-without-a-cause Malk? It works.
>>
Fuck sewers, that bullshit parking lot was ridiculous. And then the quest reward never showed up for me.
>>
>>387508667
Museum, no contest. Even though it's simple and ultra-linear I love it. Second place would be the Sabbat warehouse, for being a pretty cool stealth level with multiple ways to approach it and to compensate for shitty stealth skill by avoiding patrols. I ghost it as a matter of pride. Third is Grout's mansion, largely because I'm a sucker for apocalyptic logs.
>>
>>387509271
You probably need high humanity to get the dialog options, I remember not seeing them on some playthroughs.
>>
>>387502702
>Ayyoo boi are you a ventru?
>want some blood
>fuck you have these rats motherfucker just start the game over again bitch lmao cry about it faggot
>>
>>387509271
You can talk him into joining the anarchs, no fight required. You just need to navigate the dialogue options correctly. Don't piss him off, go calm on him. You might also need some persuasion skill, I don't remember.

But you can't just side with him period, you have to give him to Isaac.
>>
>>387509479
You don't have to suck them.
>>
>>387509271
>>387509494
Yeah my bad, you can make it side with the Jew, not you.
>>
>>387509479
>be a nosferatu

AYYYYYYYY
>>
>>387502651
Originally, Bloodlines was suppose to be a more action-packed game.
The sewers and the hotel are leftovers from that earlier build of the game
That is one of the reasons why the game feels rushed and unpolished. They changed the scope of the game mid-development.
>>
Nosferatu is a great social anxiety simulator.
>>
>>387509479
>hol on, ay got diz OP as fuck spells
>dat meanz ay don't have to carry gats o put dem charmander points into combat
>NO UNLIMITED FREE BLOOD ON DEMAND IN THIS MAP OMG THIS SUCKS
No Tremere, you suck.
>>
>>387509853
to be fair the nosferatu exclusive dialogue options are very laid back and witty
>>
>>387509853
>everyone distrusts you
>nobody wants to be your friend
>no chance of having a gf/bf
>you live in garbage
It checks out.
>>
btw what happens when u lose all the masquerade points?
>>
It's called running out of development time.
>>
>>387509635
>and the hotel
That's the least action-packed part?
>>387510005
Edgy nosferatu hollywood girl is cute.
>>
>>387510020
you get a cutscene where the sheriff executes you like your sire while lacroix watches

then it's game over and you have to reload a save
>>
>>387509853
>have social anxiety
>and psoriasis
>spend a lot of time reading
>99% of the time the game recommends nosferatu when answering clan choice questions
yay
>>
>>387509635
Got vid links or a source for that?
>>
What is the Vampires: the masquerade bloodlines of the 21st century gaming?
If nothing...can it ever be brought back?
>>
>>387510048
To be fair, they got screwed over too many times. Not being able to release your game or fix it in any way must be a nightmare if you are a dev.
>>
>>387510245
Haven't found anything on the same level. I'm hoping for an eventual VR remake.
>>
lol, i remember my Gangrel girl changed her gender after turning into wolf. I wonder if Bekket were a girl and how sexy she would be, and would she fuck with actual wolfs. I need to fap
>>
>>387510245
>What is the Vampires: the masquerade bloodlines of the 21st century gaming?
But anon, VtmB is the VtmB of the 21st century. It came out in this century.
>>
>>387510245
Nothing has ever come close to what the first Deus Ex and VTMB did.
I don't think we'll have anything like them in a long while.
>>
>>387510356
What? Do you mean your character turned into the male vampire model after War Form finished?
>>
>>387510575
Vtbm's glitches never cease to amaze me
>>
File: 224459-mass.jpg (39KB, 600x342px) Image search: [Google]
224459-mass.jpg
39KB, 600x342px
>>387510381
hehehehe
>>
>>387510245
Vampires: the masquerade bloodlines
>>
File: 072.png (100KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
072.png
100KB, 292x257px
>>387509975
>to be fair the nosferatu exclusive dialogue options are very laid back and witty

That's what makes them so great.

The dudes that look like total monsters by far the most witty and level-headed clan.
>>
>>387510356
>>387510632
Was the gender specific dialogue changed? Did Romero still come on to you?
>>
File: surprised pupper.gif (2MB, 310x325px) Image search: [Google]
surprised pupper.gif
2MB, 310x325px
>>387502651
The best thing about the sewers is reading the old sewer logs. Shit's 2spooky man.
>Spooky walking heads everywhere popping out of sewer pipes
>Lock yourself in a small office
>Finally get a few minutes of downtime
>Read through old logs detailing spooky shit that happened many decades ago which led to sewers being sealed off and people going missing

I wish there was more payoff for this though. There should have been something more spooky at the end.
>>
>>387509975
Any examples?
I'm in the middle of my first playthrugh and i don't feel like restarting just to see what options do i get.

Plus i hate the sewers and i like talking my way out of basically everything
>>
>>387511793
Trip likes your appearance, phat larry shits himself when seeing you among other stuff.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.