[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this product being shilled on absolutely all social media?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: smart-boy.jpg (42KB, 625x350px) Image search: [Google]
smart-boy.jpg
42KB, 625x350px
Why is this product being shilled on absolutely all social media?

It's roughly the size of a gameboy so portability isn't it's plus.
It only plays games as long as the cart is inserted.
And it probably drains your smartphone battery.

So why are people going crazy about this? It's letterally selling itself.
>>
File: usb-rechargeable-battery4-1.jpg (101KB, 450x502px) Image search: [Google]
usb-rechargeable-battery4-1.jpg
101KB, 450x502px
Also since these batteries exist there's no reason to worry about wasting batteries with the gameboy
>>
le ebin retro geek cred
>>
>has shoulder buttons
>can't play GBA games
>>
Not that I'd buy one but I can see why people would prefer that to having to control games using a fucking touch screen
>>
>>387496658

From a retro-gamer standpoint it's pretty nifty.

Too bad it doesn't work on iPhones.
>>
>>387496941
I can see that too, but why not just buy a real gameboy for a fraction of the price? That's not touchscreen.
>>
>>387496974
How? It's bulkier and more cumbersome than a normal Game Boy. Who is going to own a bunch of games for a console they don't own.
>>
>>387497031
Portability/backlight? I dunno, I still have my old GBC but if you don't own one maybe you'd prefer something new over tracking down one of your own.

Or maybe the company pitched the idea and it'll flop soon enough, who knows
>>
>>387497442
GBA SP
>>
Most people who will buy this shit won't play on it, it's just so they can fuel their nerd lust.
>>
>>387496658
"lol im such a gaymer"

That's it
>>
>>387497031
>but why not just buy a real gameboy

Because that's for loser nerds, same reason why playing shitty games on a phone at literally any free second you have is socially aceptable but playing with any other handeld while you have nothing else to do is cringe inducing
>>
There's a whole lot of super normie retro gamer shit that trends on social media and then no-one except the Loot Crate crowd actually buys it.

Just ignore it and it'll go away.
>>
Normies are weird, it would be so easy for them to play all their stupid Pokemon games on a phone yet they rather play fucking Pokemon Go.
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 205x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 205x295px
>>387496658
>more expensive than a gameboy
>more expensive than a GBC
>more expensive than even a GBAsp if you wan't back light
>less portable than all of those
>will be useless in two years when phone shapes change AGAIN

Who the fuck is this for, no really? This isn't one of those "just emulate" points im trying to make here, these people could buy the real working thing for fucking less and it would outlive this piece of trash.
>>
>>387498825
It's actually more expensive than a gba sp? That's fucking horrible
>>
>>387496658
Its appealing to the people who unironically refer to themselves publicly as a "gamer".
The type you see on college campuses who'll proudly display it alongside their keyblade keychain on their bioshock infinite lanyard.
>>
People are talking about it because it's the first portable controller that actually connects to your phone instead of use bluetooth

If you've ever used a bluetooth controller with android you've noticed that there's quite a bit of input lag, this is a much better solution
>>
>>387499142
It's £60
>>
>>387499142
And not only that, it downloads the game so you are just ripping a rom. It doesn't actually play from the cart.
>>
>>387500858
What?? But that is a feature they are selling this on. So what happens when the cart goes in?? It looks up a ROM??
>>
>>387500945
It rips the cart. Takes a few min too. This thing is trash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGtq4stleis
>>
>>387501056
Holy shit
>>
>>387500945
>>387501056
>>387501091
OH! And it actually uses an emulator to do it. This dude did the same thing with some wire and a 3d printer. In 2016. AND he's giving the file to print for free. It's slimmer, cleaner, and acts as a case when not in use.
>>
>>387501231
Ahh fuck. Forgot link.
http://imgur.com/gallery/b7WjI
>>
>>387501278
And here is how to make it. https://www.reddit.com/r/DIY/comments/5htd9n/emucase_build_instructions/
>>
>>387497031
>but why not just buy a real gameboy for a fraction of the price?
You sound like one of those guys from last year who were just appalled at the fact that people were playing Pokemon Go instead of buying a ds and playing Pokemon on there. They didn't actually want to play Pokemon just how whoever bought this doesn't actually want a Gameboy.
>>
>>387499797
Oh it's not bluetooth?
Well that's neat
>>
>>387496658
Don't you need actual cartridges to use that?
I also don't trust that thing to not scratch my phone
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.