[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come no Smash clone tries to mimic the first game with it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

How come no Smash clone tries to mimic the first game with it's heavier gravity, super combo focus, incredibly hard recovery, and just an overall more "fighting game" feeling? Because most either try to be Melee (and fail) or just feel like Brawl (and also fail).
>>
>>387481482
What the bloddy hell are you talking about
>>
Why are there no good smash clones period? Because people only care about smash because of the characters that's it.
>>
>>387481482
>super combo focus

that was unintentional
>>
>>387481556

They're not wrong. How long as it been since you played Smash 64?
>>
>>387481568
Brawlout looks kinda interesting, but I'm mainly gonna get it for HLD and Quote so you're kinda right there.
>>
>>387481634
Didn't feel unintentional. The long hitstun helps make up for the overall stilted movement if anything.
>>
>>387481482
Because Smash 64 is too much High Risk-High Reward gameplay that babies can't deal with these days.
>>
>combo focus
>everyone has 0 to death combos
k e k
>>
>>387481568
that's not true at all
I wish Melee didn't have nintendo characters as the cast so I would feel less autistic talking about it
I just really like the mechanics
>>
>>387481975
>This entire post
Why are meleefags so insufferable?
>>
>>387481482
I love how the original game feels. The weight of things, and the feedback from hits.

It's not the most balanced game, but it's still pretty special.
>>
File: 1501460599135.png (160KB, 500x547px) Image search: [Google]
1501460599135.png
160KB, 500x547px
>>387482063
That's the most non-response response I've ever seen. You didn't even point out what made you upset; you could have quoted literally the entire thing and it would have been more direct than >this entire post. Or you could have just said "faggot" like a normal person.

Faggot.
>>
It's too clunky. Sure it had some mechanics to help against that, but it's still stiff compared to every other platform fighter (except Battl Royale, but that's it's own mess)
>>
File: promo1.png (198KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
promo1.png
198KB, 1280x720px
Stand out of the way, plebs. true fucking smash clone coming through.
>>
>>387481482
64 is floaty as shit. Melee is the only heavy one.
>>
this is what melee was, then sakurai decided he didn't want smash games to be fun anymore and made brawl
>>
>>387483532
This game doesn't suck but goddamn is it just boring as shit.
>>
>>387481965
so its platform fighter version of MVC3 then
>>
File: BIFF.png (26KB, 106x84px) Image search: [Google]
BIFF.png
26KB, 106x84px
>>387481482
OP is so stupid I just want to give him the ol pic related
>>
>>387482063
Most aren't, that kid is just retarded.

Anyone who didn't appreciate al the games and was just 'muh melee, anything else is shit reeee' were autists and should be treated as such though.

Melee was great and I'd play it if someone whipped it out, but I'd also play Brawl, Smash 64, etc.
>>
i wonder how the supposed characters (meowth, mewtwo, dedede, pit) would play in this engine.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.