[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Can't handle general physics and momentum mechanics.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 397
Thread images: 50

File: sa1_2[1].png (809KB, 991x498px) Image search: [Google]
sa1_2[1].png
809KB, 991x498px
>Can't handle general physics and momentum mechanics.
>Too inapt to know how to platform.
>Doesn't like the fact that game takes more than one button to beat a stage.
>Hates that the story isn't filled with memes, meta "humor", and PBS Kids tier writing.
>Disgusted that all the playable characters aren't Sonic.
>Cringes from the music having vocals with a variety of genres that embodies the characters, stages, and themes of the game and not just the same modern-retro sounds.
>Becomes confused when the bosses aren't all reused from past games.
>Gets depressed when the first stage isn't Green Hill Zone and the other stages not being rehashes from the 4 central classics.
>Unable to handle Eggman not being the final boss.

In short: It's not the Adventure games, it's you. I think it's safe to say these games are the ultimate filters to causals for this franchise.
>>
>>387476936
Oh, absolutely OP. Fuck this post is true
>>
>>387476936
Let me expand on my point OP. The only thing the anti-Adventure losers have is "muh bugs" argument, which is so pathetic it's not even funny. The DESIGN is amazing, it's one of the most comfortable series of video games out there... next to Megaman Battle Network, which also had excellent design, these games need a proper sequel with Chao Garden and everything pronto.
>>
>>387476936
Well the games have so much speed and freedom that it is easy for the player to screw up.
>>
>>387476936
>Disgusted that all the playable characters aren't Sonic
I wish they had the same fucking objective which is run to the goal ring as fast as possible. I don't want treasure hunting, I don't want shooting. I just want to run to the fuckin goal, fight some enemies along the way, and look a little stylish while doing so. That's one thing Heroes got right (except the Chaotix)
>>
>>387477771
Treasure hunting and shooting were both kino though. You just don't want to admit it.
>>
stop before you attract THAT guy, you know the one
>>
>>387477821
I don't think they're bad at all. I personally just would rather run to the goal with neat level design. That's all I wanna do.
>>
File: 1498937878197.jpg (204KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498937878197.jpg
204KB, 1280x720px
>>387477991
No I won't fucking relax, these games used to be my childhood, all anyone ever wants is for Sega to get their shit together and make a GOOD FUCKING SONIC GAME IN THE MODERN ERA FOR ONCE. Sonic Adventure 3. Or something, jesus! And before you say I'm getting too emotional or anything, tell me, how much money have you spent on these pieces of shit that are hyped to hell as "revolutionizing" the Sonic franchise when they turn out to be the same moronic, broken, dull, gimmicky pieces of garbage they keep churning out on a yearly basis. I'm fucking sick of it, I've had enough, at some point these fucks in their ivory towers need to be held accountable by the GAMERS! That's who they're making them for, right? It's so simple, just stick to the original gameplay and stick a full-fledged, detailed Chao Garden in there and maybe add a few different playable characters without changing the gameplay around too much... make it open world, and add lots of permanent upgrades like the Sonic Adventure games... and voila, there you go, a good Sonic game. Should not be fucking hard but for some reason Sony can't get it right. The last good Sonic games were literally the remastered versions of Sonic Adventure for Gamecube. Jesus, people like you honestly make me sick to my stomach, you're on a video game forum, how can you be complacent with pure garbage when they're literally spitting in your face, laughing at you for buying their bullshit over and over again, when the alternative could be so good? It's not like Sonic is a bad property. Like the OP stated, these games used to be good. The franchise needs to be wrested from these idiot's hands, it's really a travesty!
>>
>>387478283
>Sonic Adventure 3

That already exists, it's called Sonic 06.

Every single post you make, every thread you make, just makes it obvious how defensive you are about your favorite childhood game and nothing no one will say will change that. If you were so right you wouldn't need to keep making these threads every fucking day to try desperately to get the majority to confirm your rose-tinted opinions that these games were perfect, but deep down you know that they're deeply flawed games.

I enjoy them, but they're wonky and have tons of problems, they just didn't age well. Should SEGA give up on making a fully 3D sonic game instead of just on-rails racing games? Not at all, but they should definitely NOT look back at the adventure games, at least in the gameplay area, for inspiration.

Also chill the fuck down, it's a video game, made by a bunch of rich people who only get richer at your expense. Go focus your energy on something else instead of trying to relieve your 10-year-old-self lost joy.
>>
>>387476936
Imagine being this upset at literally nobody that you have to go and start a thread this way. This is how nu-/v/ operates. You open threads in response to an imaginary audience that doesn't even want anything to do with you. Fuck this board, so many of you faggots HAVE to be divisive, you can't just come on here and talk about good points about your game, instead you have to layer them in six tiers of argumentative meta to even be able to get to the point. It's like if you just wanted to discuss your favorite movie and you go "WOW, I SURE HATE ALL MOVIES THAT AREN'T THIS ONE SPECIFIC MOVIE." Just fucking say what you like about the game instead of bitching about how other people dislike things about the thing you like. Fuck.

>inb4autistic typing this much

Fuck you if you think that's too much to read, I bet you flunked high school.
>>
>>387478637
But anon, I don't need to get the majority to confirm it.

They already agree with me.

That's right, the people are on my side.

You reddit-spacing faggot.
>>
File: meme chart.png (447KB, 1370x609px) Image search: [Google]
meme chart.png
447KB, 1370x609px
>>387478283
no, no, dude, stop really. Before you attract the pic related guy
>>
I guess all these threads means you guys are already finished playing Mania.
>>
File: reddit spacing.jpg (223KB, 1280x998px) Image search: [Google]
reddit spacing.jpg
223KB, 1280x998px
>>387478940
>reddit spacing
sick of this meme
>>
>>387476936
Only SA1 has a variety of music really, SA2 is way more homogenised.
>>
>>387476936
Hit the nail on the head OP. I'd kill for a more open ended game instead of the on rails boost drivel they've been giving us for the past decade.
>>
>>387478940

Yeah that's why you've been getting BTFO non-stop and keep making these threads.
>>
Seeing the box art, or any official art, of SA2 gives me such a euphoric feeling of nostalgia, it's crazy. That game was my entire childhood and I wish we could go back to things being shitty, but fun. Now it's just "hold boost and jump occasionally"
>>
>>387478637
>That already exists, it's called Sonic 06.
That's Sonic Adventure 4. 3 is Heroes.
>>
>>387479165
i miss 2006 when you could just make shit up and people would believe it happened
>>
OP, you enjoy a shitty game for shitty reasons, and you expect everyone else to enjoy them for the same reasons. The thing is, people don't want to enjoy those games, because they're shit.

It's fine that you like the games, but the reasons that you list as "pros" are actually "cons" for most people. You have shit taste, just learn to live with it.
>>
>>387478943
I've always wondered why he puts DX on the left but not Battle. Is there some difference between the control of battle and SA2? Or is it between DX and the original SA?
>>
>>387479165
>2006 4chan

It's so innocent yet embarrassing to look back on.
>>
>>387479426
>"anonymous lies" right there in the picture
>>
>>387479429
>Gameplay, story, music, characters, level structure, originality, and general mechanics for a VIDEO GAME are "cons" for most people.

Then maybe those people should be ignored.
>>
>turning on a dime and defying the laws of physics is good momentum
I love this meme
>>
>>387479756
>Only being able to blast in one direction is good momentum.
I think this is the spiciest meme.
>>
>>387479649

That doesn't even make sense.

Those are just things, they aren't inhenrently good or bad.

Sonic Adventure games have SHIT gameplay, story, levels and general mechanics for today's standards. It was fine when they were experimenting back then, but nowadays it's just old and aged. It's fine to go back to it and enjoy it as a childhood game, I do it too, but you have to be completely fucking ignorant of what makes a game good to claim that those claims hold up in any way whatsoever nowadays.

If all you can come up with is "git gud" then you have literally no argument.
>>
>>387479946
Sega could just, you know, refine the gameplay?
>>
>>387480020
NO DUDE, WHAT DON'T YOU GET? IT'S SHIT. SHIT, SHIT, SHIT. IT'S AGED AND BAD AND IT'S JUST SHIT. LET IT GO ALREADY
>>
>>387480020

I know, that's my point. They have to refine it, and newer sonic's handling is a refinement over the way sonic controlled in the Adventure games, but OP can't accept that and thinks the games should control exactly like they did in 1998.
>>
>>387480179
Sonic in boost games controls like a tank when he's not running in a straight line. He felt much smoother in SA1.
>>
>>387480179
You know, your criticism would be more valid if the alternative of the argument wasn't Modern Sonic "gameplay".
>>
>>387480296
>>387480401

I'm not saying those games are perfect, but they control better than SA, from an objective stand-point.
>>
File: 1502745863423.png (34KB, 172x166px) Image search: [Google]
1502745863423.png
34KB, 172x166px
>>387480637
How, anon? HOW? How is firing like a bullet in one direction "control better" from a "objective stand-point"?
>>
>>387480830

It does what its intended to. It doesn't break down when you move sonic in the wrong direction, the game keeps flowing no matter what.
You're putting your own opinion, taste and bias into the factoring instead of taking into account the fact that in SA1 and 2 the clunky gameplay often leads the player to break the game without realizing that he's doing so. Lot's of cheap deaths, clipping and just all around awkward moments result from this.
>>
Are you the guy that made the webms?
>>
>>387480637
Adventure Sonic is better at platforming, which is what a Sonic game is first and foremost. Generations had platforming sections and they were the worst part of modern sonic's stages because that control scheme was built for running down hallways. That's not a refinement, that's a clear downgrade.
>>
>>387476936
Christ, this was rough.
>>
>>387481263

The adventure games are definitely NOT platforming games "first and foremost", they mix a miriad of genres, and Sonic stages follow mostly the same formula as the boost-style games, but with more freedom. The thing is that except in some rare instances, mostly in SA1, the freedom is needless and actually only serves to get in the way of the player. The fact that you're not locked in place when racing through a track makes the controls feel unwieldy and unnatural.

I prefer the Adventure style of freedom, I'd rather have the character go anywhere than being locked in a running lane, but I feel much better playing a boost game than SA1 or 2, because the controls feel awkward in relation to the level design.

Sonic Adventure would work much better with better momentum and bigger stages with multiple routes, kinda like the overused example of Utopia.
>>
File: riddle harder bitch nigma.jpg (22KB, 480x300px) Image search: [Google]
riddle harder bitch nigma.jpg
22KB, 480x300px
>>387476936
>>Can't handle general physics and momentum mechanics
Neither could Sonic Adventure.
>>
>>387481657
The issue is level design.

Either you try to make an objective separate than getting to the goal (i.e. flickies island or the treasure hunting stages) OR you make the stages more linear.
>>
>>387481863
Sonic Adventure definitely has momentum mechanics.
>>
interesting points but you forgot that sonic adventure is shit and sonic adventure 2 is even shitter
>>
>>387477148

hey faggot why don't you go play Big the Cat missions again and then come back and tell me about how the design is amazing
>>
>>387481931
And you have a penis but it's never put to good use either.
>>
>>387476936
is this supposed to be a rebuttal to something?
>>
>>387482061
At least it's gameplay and actually takes a level of competency to perform.
>>
>>387482156

"hey dude you're eating shit"

"WELL AT LEAST THIS SHIT IS SOLID INSTEAD OF LIQUID!"
>>
File: 1430104924558.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1430104924558.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>be me
>like all types of sonic games
>enjoy the different gameplay styles
I just want more sonic games
>>
>>387476936
I like how you literally just make shit up.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEzXFuYN89k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gPBmDptqlQ
The great debate.
>>
>>387478939
You're not wrong. The board is mostly insecure babydicks that need to argue about literally anything. There are 2 sonic games coming out with good hype behind them and this sperg would rather insult people for not liking adventure. Its ass.
>>
>>387482330
That's because his brand of game is stuck in the middle. It's not actually good like the classics and it's not current like boostshit. It's got nowhere to go
>>
>>387482330
Reminder that after Forces gets released it's the Adventurefriends' turn for a game.
>>
File: 1460566691227.png (228KB, 358x408px) Image search: [Google]
1460566691227.png
228KB, 358x408px
What's with all the Adventure dicksucking lately? Is it the same guy making all these threads or just a bunch of random autists that hate that Mania is a good game for some reason?
>>
>>387482440
Based on what, exactly?
>>
>>387482457
Pretty much the same few people.
>>
>>387476936
SA1's issue is that it's a rushed as hell game that never got fixed and actually got worse each release after the western DC one, and the gameplay ranges from good (Sonic) to decent (Tails, maybe Knuckes) to meh (Gamma) to awful (Amy, Big).

SA2's issue is that they made Knuckles and Gamma's gameplay styles worse for some reason, despite the game fixing other shit wrong with SA1 (in particular, SA2 is drastically less glitchy), and spacing out the fairly good Sonic style gameplay far too much.

>>387477821
SA2's gimped emerald radar was retarded in a game that had larger environments than SA1.
if all the shooting stages played like in Cosmic Wall, they'd be pretty great
>>
>>387482457
Because all these people want modern Sonic to die and only have Classic Sonic back.
>>
>>387482457

It's literally one guy making dozens of webms to try to prove the rest of the world that adventure isn't a badly aged fossil of a game.
>>
>>387482457
>>387482539

Yeah they just can't accept that their favorite childhood game is actually bad, so they keep making threads yelling at no one telling them how great it is, when everybody already knows the games are bad.
>>
>>387482457
Because the Classicucks got their dream game and the Boostbabies are getting theirs in the same year. It's time for Adventure to take the mic back.

>>387482467
Read above.
>>
>>387482601
Oh, I thought you were actually implying that another Adventure style game was going to be the next Sonic game to be made.
>>
>>387482601

>Classicucks
>Boostbabies

I can't accept that someone older than 20 would type this shit seriously and not realize how autistic they sound
>>
>>387481657
I'm not on OP's side, but you're retarded if you think the Adventure games aren't platformers first and foremost considering that Sonic has the most stages in both and in the first one Tails and Amy also have platforming stages
>>
>>387482583
do you see webms anywhere in this thread, you fucking imbecile? Maybe there's actually more than one person who like the adventure games
>>
>>387482731

In Sonic Adventure 1 you kinda have platforming, in some levels. In Sonic Adventure 2 sonic levels are basically just boostless modern sonic stages, race to the finish style. If you want to call that platforming, sure, but it's no platformer I've ever played.

The most "platformer-like" stages are the emerald hunting ones, and even they that's kind of a stretch since you basically just glide and climb everywhere. You do as much platforming in those stages as in a fucking spider-man game.
>>
>>387482305
live and learn>>>open your heart
it doesn't matter>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>it doesn't matter sa2
>>
>>387482827
>Maybe there's actually more than one person who like the adventure games
I trust the average /v/ user to have a bit better taste than that.
>>
>>387483072
Man, you're such a fucking cherry picker. Go watch gameplay from SA2 or better yet, just play it yourself. There's tons of platforming. Yeah, the stages are faster and more linear. But is the platforming gone? No.
>>
>>387483072
This is the exact reason I like adventure better than 2.
plus 2/3 of it is annoying fluffcompared to only 2/5
>>
>>387483138

How am I a cherry picker? I literally played through the game this week since all /v/'s talking about lately is sonic, and there's hardly any platforming in it for it to be called a platformer, or at least a platformer "first and foremost".

"Tons of platforming" my fucking ass.
>>
>>387483334
Yeah look at all that nonexistent platforming. The game is really just boostless modern sonic!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=malFBGevbfE
>>
>>387483478

hey man "platforming" is not the same as "times when sonic is not going fast".
>>
Why were all of Knuckles level music rap songs? and why are they all good
>>
>>387483478

What exactly do you think platforming means in video games? Because there sure aren't more than 5 minutes of actual platforming in that video.
>>
>>387483557
>>387483650
Did you not see the parts in City Escape where you jumped on the rising platforms to get across? Or everything in Green Forest (the most platforming based stage)? Or the moving platforms and the bounce bracelet sections in Pyramid Cave? Or all the gravity based platforming in Crazy Gadget? Or all the floating platforms between rails in Final Rush? The only Sonic stage to not really have platforming is Metal Harbor.
Not to mention that this is only Sonic's stages. There's also Shadow's and if you want to get specific, Knuckles and Rouges stages could also be considered forms of platforming, even with the flight and wall climb gimmicks.
It's not as much as SA1, but it's there
>>
>>387478940
How do you know what reddit spacing is like...
>>
>>387483957

It's not really platforming though, it's just jumping over obstacles or into springs and shit. Green Forest looks literally like a regular Generations stage. If that's platforming than the boost games are platformers too.
>>
>>387476936
You should have included Sonic Heroes in your post OP.
>>
>>387476936
I've only ever liked the Sonic stages in those games. Everything else ranged from bad to mediocre.
>>
>>387484101
It's the exact definition of a platformer. What do you think a platformer is?
>then the boost games are platformers too
of course they are?? When were they not regarded as platformers?
>>
>>387478943
I don't get what's so wrong about gradually turning to the right instead of instantly

I mean,instantly is less realistic for o ne.
>>
>>387482567
>Because all these people want modern Sonic to die and only have Classic Sonic back.

good
>>
File: 1496352757354.gif (850KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1496352757354.gif
850KB, 320x320px
>>387478283
>No I won't fucking relax, these games used to be my childhood
Hey, now you know how I feel when assholes crap on the Genesis games for stupid reasons.
>>
>>387484306
That's a good thing.

It's a video game, it should control like a video game.
>>
Sonic has never been good.

Adventure was just a new flavour of shit.
>>
>>387484437

That's retarded. Weight and momentum are things that have to be taken into consideration when we're talking about character movement. Just having a 1:1 movement response is lazy as fuck, and feels cheap.

>>387484275

I was under the impression that you were claiming the adventure games were somehow more of a platforming game than the modern games, when really they just do the same thing but in different ways.
>>
>>387477771
That's your problem, though, not an actual problem with those modes.

You are shitting on it because of what it is, not because what it is has flaws or issues.

>>387478637
end this meme, 06 isn't any more aventure 3 then heros or shadow are

>>387480179
>nd newer sonic's handling is a refinement over the way sonic controlled in the Adventure games, but OP can't accept that and thinks the games should control exactly like they did in 1998.

Bullshit, it's far worse. In Sa2, sonic was a bit slippery to control, but once you got over that it was highly responisve and allowed for a huge degree of player control. It's essentially equal to how SM64 played, in SM64, the intial hurdle was Mario having a bit too much traction.

In the boost titles sonic's movement accelration and tuning isn't even consistent across different directions, he feels far too weighed down, and his jump feel is all fucked.
>>
>>387481031
from an objective standpoint (literal use of the term objective, this is something actually quantifiable), the player has more direct control over Sonic in the Adventure series
It's drastically more effort to move Sonic in the "right" direction in Unleashed onwards, and he basically relies on sliding around the walls, drift, and sidestep to even vaguely attempt to move in anything beyond a straight line. He handles like a flying pig, which is the wrong extreme from SA1/2 being ridiculously twitchy, and it enforces stage design more linear than SA2's. For any kind of actual platforming section, the game mostly just switches to 2D, with a memorable exception being that one bit in Dragon Road with the spinning platforms.

as an aside, I've probably died more to the Unleashed-era homing attack just cutting all momentum when used without a target than the SA1/2/Heroes homing attack ever sent me flying into the abyss, shit's pretty awful
>>
>>387484645
No. The guy said that the Adventure games weren't platformers and I was correcting him
>>
File: photo_2017-08-12_19-01-37.jpg (104KB, 604x800px) Image search: [Google]
photo_2017-08-12_19-01-37.jpg
104KB, 604x800px
>>387484650
>You are shitting on it because of what it is, not because what it is has flaws or issues.

what kind of fucked up defensive logic is this, of course he's shitting on it because of what it is, how is he going to shit on what it isn't?

Having too little sonic stages and too many shitty side-character stages is a huge flaw
>>
>>387484650
>comparing sonic adventure to SM64
Okay now I know you're the other guy. Start posting the webms, buddy
>>
>>387484650
>end this meme, 06 isn't any more aventure 3 then heros or shadow are
1: learn to spell please
2: the game is structured almost exactly like SA1, Adventure fields and all, and the story is ridiculously similar
>>
>>387484696
>from an objective standpoint (literal use of the term objective, this is something actually quantifiable), the player has more direct control over Sonic in the Adventure series

That's true, and it's a bad thing.

>It's drastically more effort to move Sonic in the "right" direction in Unleashed onwards, and he basically relies on sliding around the walls, drift, and sidestep to even vaguely attempt to move in anything beyond a straight line.

How is it any effort to move Sonic in any direction, when the stage basically pushes you towards the right direction all the time? Adventure sonic is much harder to control during highspeed segments since instead of curving he just dashes towards the direction you're pressing, which breaks the flow of the game, goes against the expected feedback and results in awkward stumbling and falling into death pits.
>>
>>387484778
He's trying to say that you're complaining about things that bother you specifically in regards to what it is. See how you claimed shitty side characters was a flaw? That's what he's talking about. You're complaining about what you don't like rather than complaining about its actual flaws.
>>
>rants about furfag video games
>>
>>387476936
Both adventure games are like 5/10 games, and I'll never fully understand why people like them so much.

>treasure hunt stages are dull filler
>mecha stages are dull filler
>homing attack makes every enemy instantly trivial to deal with
>Sonic and Shadow stages are very linear with a ton of "self playing" segments with boost pads

Really, I just don't see why these games have such a defence force behind them.
>>
>>387485018
>You're complaining about what you don't like rather than complaining about its actual flaws.

Having the bulk of the games content be unskippable and dull is a noteworthy flaw.
>>
File: what mate.png (22KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
what mate.png
22KB, 300x188px
>>387484987
>the player has more control over Sonic in the adventure games
>that's a bad thing
also
>sonic is much harder to control during highspeed because he doesn't curve
Someone post the fucking webm
>>
>>387485018

That's some autistic sophistry, my man. Of course we're going to criticize the things that bother us, what else are we going to criticize? The stages that aren't Sonic's are mostly boring and badly design, with some very few exceptions. That's a very big flaw, since they aren't optional, but required to complete the game.
>>
>>387485164
This same rule can be applied to literally any game. Like wow, there's so many dull and shitty stages in Sonic 3, why can't I just skip them?
>>
>>387485189

It is a bad thing. It's like saying Counter-Strike would be better if there was no recoil, because you'd be 100% in control of where you're shooting.

It's a stupid argument. Physics and momentum are something that you have to take into account when programing a characters movement in a 3D world, or else it just feels shitty.

Using your logic, PS1 JRPG games have better platforming controls than Mario 64 since they instantly move in the direction you want them to.
>>
>>387485252
There's only one really flawed stage in Sonic 3, and it's Marble Garden. Even then the core mechanics of Sonic 3 are solid and good and large stretches of Marbel Garden are still enjoyable to play.

Even the best aspects of Adventure 1 and 2 aren't that good. I mean the fast stages, the chao garden is the actual best part of those games.
>>
>>387485252

Except the stages aren't dull and shitty in Sonic 3, so your argument makes no sense. You should have picked something like Sonic 1 for an example, and even then it wouldn't stand since MOST of the game is still good, while in SA1 and 2, MOST of the game is Not Sonic, which means most of the game is boring, and that is a huge flaw.
>>
>>387485404
>but there's only one flawed stage
See? What I complained about was subjective. You like the stages so of course you're going to defend them. It's the same with the gameplay styles in SA. You should complain about objective things like the bugs or the sloppy camera, not subjective things
>>
>>387482601
I hope you get another Sonic 06, autist.
>>
>>387485529

It's not really subjective when the huge majority of people agree that those stages are bullshit.
>>
>>387482567
Adventure is modern sonic though.
>>
>>387485076
SA1 was one of the better 3D platformers you could play in 1999 (really), and one of the best looking games at release. Great music too.
The hub maps were new and innovative.
And yes, Sonic's name wasn't in the mud yet, so people inflated praise for the game a bit.

Homing attack doesn't trivialize enemies (mostly because without it, you have no reason to even interact with them instead of just going clean around them, and SA2's Artificial Chaos presents an enemy that's ridiculously dangerous even with the homing attack).

SA2 is a little harder to explain, but some people liked the stupid story, a ridiculous amount of people liked Shadow, and it was ultimately more of Sonic Adventure. Sonic himself handled better, it was a leaner, more streamlined game, the music was cool, the graphics were good (and although lower-poly overall, it traded off with higher quality textures and a smoother framerate). For GC owners, it was one of the earlier games they got, and for DC owners, it was the last hurrah for the machine.

The good parts of both games are great. Metal Harbor in SA2 is a fairly simple, linear stage that's still an absolute joy to play, and shit like the harder second path at the end that you take if you want to get an A-rank is neat. Red Mountain in SA1 is one of the best 3D Sonic stages period, with excellent handling of 3D platforming and loads of shortcuts and a handful of side paths. Cosmic Wall in SA2 demonstrates that the shooting sections in SA2 could have sucked much less, featuring better physics, more platforming due to the more lenient jumps, more action with the literal on-rails shooting section, etc, etc. Great stage.

if there's one thing that's nice about SA1 over SA2 -- you can just play it as a straight 6 stage Sonic game if you really, truly want to (and honestly, on repeat plays of the game I'll do just this, since the bad parts are pretty awful)
>>
>>387479426
That is absolutely still the case.
>>
>>387485529
A stage can be objectively good or bad friend, as can many aspects of a game. The fast stages in Sonic Advanced 1 and 2 are largely linear hallways with bumpers on them so Sonic doesn't run off the stage too quickly. The platforming in all of the Adventure games is super basic too, and navigating through them just isn't interesting.

I own both SA2 and DX and neither game is really great. They both much weaker than the good 3D platformers that came out before them.
>>
File: 1501052503614.png (245KB, 595x842px) Image search: [Google]
1501052503614.png
245KB, 595x842px
>>387485593
>a lot of ppl like hitler
>that means hes good
>>
>>387485742
>SA1 was one of the better 3D platformers you could play in 1999 (really), and one of the best looking games at release. Great music too.
>The hub maps were new and innovative.

Super Mario 64
Banjo-Kazooie
Spyro
Gex
Ape Escape
Rayman 2
Croc
Rocket Robot on Wheels
Space Station Sillicon Valley
Chameleon Twist

And these are the ones I remember off the top of my head, I'm sure if I actually looked it up I could find tons more. The only thing amazing about Sonic Adventure when it came out were its graphics. Everything else was amateur and outdated as fuck.
>>
File: Screenshot (296).png (33KB, 793x420px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (296).png
33KB, 793x420px
>>387485593
Are you stupid or something? No seriously. A huge majority of people like vanilla over chocolate, does that then mean that chocolate is objectively bad? No because those are subjective opinions. You can't argue that something like "sonic stages are the only good stages" is an objective complaint, because it's not. It's an opinion, it's fucking subjective.
>>
>>387485994

Well most people agree that he was objectively evil though, so objective in fact that you used him as an example to try and reduce my argument to ridicule, so my logic still stands.
>>
>>387486097

What is subjective is your enjoyment of those games. I find them broken as shit, but I enjoy them so much that I waste my time talking about them on an anonymous board.
What isn't subjective is the design quality of the games, which is really really poor.
>>
>>387486004
>Croc
>Space Station Silicon Valley
>Gex
>Chameleon Twist
fuck off with that shit
>>
>>387486121
>a lot of ppl like hot dogs
>hot dogs are good
>>
>>387486232
As someone that's beaten Gex 2, Adventure 1, and Adventure 2 I'd easily say that they are all on par with each other with Gex having more consistent gameplay.

Gex is just easy to shit on because its got near Busby status, but the 3D Gex games are like 6/10 stuff really.
>>
>>387476936
Listen OP
You can like SA and SA2, I enjoy them too despite them being flawed games
But you are NEVER going to convince anyone here that they are not as bad as they make them out to be
They have already taken what they don't like about the games and exaggerated it to the point where it is impossible to consider it having any redeeming qualities
You have to let this go
>>
File: Super Sonic Running.gif (1MB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Super Sonic Running.gif
1MB, 450x300px
>>387476936
>Not a problem
>That's fine
>Not a problem
>A-Okay
>Sure, sounds fine to me
>Not a problem
>I'm down
>Not a problem
>Not a problem

You forgot to mention that 60-75% of the gameplay is terribly designed.

That's what the real problem is and I'm a fan of the Adventure series. Get your head out of your ass anon.
>>
File: 1385136139955.png (81KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1385136139955.png
81KB, 800x800px
>>387476936
SA1 should have only been Sonic playable, but through a shitton of stages, more than we certainly got. Half the cast's stages (Amy, Gamma, Big) were shit, especially Big's fishing stages.

SA2 was better, but this time 2/3's of the game wasn't as good as Shadow or Sonic's stages. The later treasure hunting levels towards the end of the respective campaigns were shit, especially Mad Space. Eggman in these games was made to be an incompetent goon, only serving to advance the plot along and eventually failing due to his own arrogance without a cartoon charm. Both games plots take themselves too seriously for me to honestly give two shits about. The best mech stage in SA2 was cosmic wall, and only because it played more like an arcade shooter than anything Sonic related.

Both games haven't aged well, and this is coming from a guy who held the belief that SA2 was the best Sonic game before Generations came along.
>>
>>387486232

They're all pretty competent platformers, and most had hub worlds before Sonic Adventure 1, and better hub worlds too. In fact SA1 has probably the most needless, boring hub world of any 3D platformer I've ever played. There's almost barely anything there to do and explore, just some power-ups and bland NPCs to talk to for no reason at all.

All the hub world quests are super cryptic too, the entire game is. It's just an awkward inconsistent mess of a game, that had no right being that jumbled when that list of games I posted had come out in the years prior to its release.

Sonic Adventure 2 is even less excusable, since it had even more time to learn from its mistakes.
>>
>>387486604

Agree. I think they should've kept the odd sidekick level in, like maybe a couple of air place sections (I'm a sucker for that panzer dragoon shit) and one or two knuckles stages, but that's it. The game should've been 90% sonic, with less tedious hub world shit and WAY less side stories.
>>
>>387482457
I assume Adventure fans are hitting the breaking point realizing that almost every major part of the fractured fanbase is being catered to by SEGA except them. Hell, they got yanked around hard by the SEGA social media in the lead up to Mania and Forces reveal.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
>>387476936

sorry for not loving your buggy, bland and awkward mess, but thanks for City Escape
>>
>>387486604
Even if the games were 90% Sonic stages, the way Sonic controls isn't interesting and the stage design is way too constricted and linear.

I honestly feel like the little shown in Sonic Utopia would be a much more interesting base for how to design Sonic in 3D.
>>
>>387486228
If your talking about design in terms of stuff like glitches, yes, that's objective. Whether you like the game or you don't, you recognize that the game has glitches. This is objective, this is not an opinion. This is a fact.
Saying that the design is poor in terms of "i don't like the stages" is subjective. It's an opinion, not a fact.
>>
>>387486858

I don't understand why the fuck SEGA hasn't hired the guys from Utopia and Green Hill Paradise yet, or in the very least stolen their ideas. They've gotten nothing but positive response from the fans and critics.
>>
>>387486858
>utopiashill
fuck off will you?
>>
>>387486604
>Sonic or Shadow's stages being definitively better than the other four characters'
Please replay Final Chase and tell me that again.
>>
File: 1361882752258.jpg (70KB, 414x414px) Image search: [Google]
1361882752258.jpg
70KB, 414x414px
>>387476936
I played the shit out of sonic adventure as a kid, but trying it as an adult I can't seem to grasp the controls at all. Going really fast on those curved ramps and trying to move slightly to one side to collect coins usually ends in me running straight into the wall losing all momentum. Makes me feel like an idiot because I remember how much I loved it as a kid but now I just can't figure out how to control sonic at high speeds no matter what I do.
>>
>>387487001
who the fuck talks like this
>>
>>387487237
git gud
>>
>>387487356

Talks like what? Are you just autistically lashing out against anyone that doesn't suck Adventure's balls?
>>
>>387486858
>I honestly feel like the little shown in Sonic Utopia would be a much more interesting base for how to design Sonic in 3D.
The Utopia engine is quite literally just a better adventure engine
>>
>>387476936
>Unable to handle Eggman not being the final boss.
Yes because a generic Godzilla monster is so fucking original.

Give me a fucking break. The modern series doesn't give a shit about the style of Sonic at all. The theme of Sonic used to be about nature vs technology. Eggman used to be proud of his inventions and tried hard to make creative robots/mechs to destroy Sonic whereas in the modern series he's a lazy shit who always exploits "muh secret legendary godzilla monster" which always one-up's him...fucking dogshit.
>>
File: 1501481559159.png (1MB, 1233x1138px) Image search: [Google]
1501481559159.png
1MB, 1233x1138px
>>387478943
>>
>>387487882

It's really not though. The build-up of speed, the momentum physics, and the way it interacts with the level layout place it miles above anything adventure has ever done.
>>
File: Sonic Adventure.webm (3MB, 426x360px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic Adventure.webm
3MB, 426x360px
>>387487982
>>
>>387487939
>Give me a fucking break. The modern series doesn't give a shit about the style of Sonic at all. The theme of Sonic used to be about nature vs technology. Eggman used to be proud of his inventions and tried hard to make creative robots/mechs to destroy Sonic whereas in the modern series he's a lazy shit who always exploits "muh secret legendary godzilla monster" which always one-up's him...fucking dogshit.

Not OP but Eggman was the final boss in Colors, Generations, and Lost World. It's not always some other thing.
>>
>>387487939
>nature vs technology
will you fucking idiots stop talking about the cartoons? They're not fucking canon. There was no "theme" to Sonic.
>>
File: 1501095670185.jpg (28KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1501095670185.jpg
28KB, 600x600px
>>387487982
>>
>>387488043 This shit infuriates me because you can see the guy stop and purposely do it. This has NEVER happened to me or anyone I know in real life
>>
>>387487693
Fans and critics alike love this game, please be sure to pick it up whenever possible! :)
>>
>>387488150
Yeah the way he holds right instead of forward on a right turn is horseshit
>>
>>387488043
Only the truest of control!
>inb4 NEVER HAPPENED TO ME
>>
>>387478940
>You reddit-spacing faggot.
>spaces his post exactly the same
>>
>>387488213
>>387488214
t. arin hanson.
Watch anyone play this level. This shit is so forced it's not even funny. You could show of any of the actual bugs and clips in the game but you choose to show of the one that requires the player to purposely activate it
>>
>>387488189

Yeah I'm a fucking paid shill for a fan game made by 4 dudes in a basement advertising the game a 4am in a fucking autistic screeching sonic thread
>>
>>387488301
>you choose to show of the one

Finish the webm. There's 3
>>
>>387488301

The fact that the glitches are activated by shit like "going right instead of left" are PRECISELY why the game is shit. You're supposed to do exactly what the game wants for it NOT to break. That's so shitty I can't even understand why anyone would defend it.
>>
>>387488301
>>387488150
It exposes the flaws. It may be done on purpose, but it isn't hard to make it happen. Just slow down a little and it happens consistently.
>>
>>387476936
>Sonic Adventure 2 isn't filled with PBS Kids tier writing
stopped reading there
>>
>>387488353
no one fucking talks like that off yourself retard
>>
>>387487026
Not an argument.

>>387487882
The momentum is different, and the level design being larger means you can better manage your speed.

Honestly, 3D Sonic is probably hindered more by the hardware its on than anything else.
>>
>>387488362
The second one is the only one I'll give you. The third one is just him manually letting go during the loop.
Sonic Adventure is a fucking buggy mess. There's glitches up the ass, especially in the Gamecube version. But these one's I hate because they're incredibly forced
>>
>>387488446
Time me exactly what is PBS Kids about a little girl getting shot and killed?
>>
>>387488451

KEK, are you literally a child? You're so triggered over a fucking video game I can't believe you're older than 12.
>>
>>387488432
>>387488437
>forcibly breaking a game means the game is bad
huh? I could pull this same shit in any Sonic game. Does that mean they're all bad?
>>
>>387488483
>But these one's I hate because they're incredibly forced

The gameplay is forced because it's nothing but auto steering and scripted loops and rails, and it breaks if you don't hold forward and pretend you're playing something.
>>
>>387488546
>play my shitty fangame nothing personel kid
fuck off already
>>
>>387488301
>>387488602
Look at the level design though and ignore the glitches. The only thing that's there is a bunch of hallways to run down and then some auto running sequences. There's also the segment were you run from the killer whale, which is just you holding a direction until the sequence finishes. That shit might as well be a cut scene. This shit plagues the fast Adventure stages and it isn't interesting.
>>
>>387488602
Oops, I tilted the stick a little to the right and fell through the world. I guess I must be forcibly breaking the game. Totally my fault.
>>
>>387488810
what was going to the right going to accomplish tho
>>
>>387488890
Well in a real game where you steer sonic yourself, you would steer right on the right turn
>>
>>387488890
who could guess why the player would go to the right when the path is leaning to the right
>>
>>387489029
>>387488974
he was on a straight path tho
>>
File: right turn.jpg (34KB, 426x360px) Image search: [Google]
right turn.jpg
34KB, 426x360px
>>387488890
Gee. You tell me.
>>
>>387488890

It sure as fuck shouldn't slam you into the bottomless void of nothingness.

Inputting the wrong command at the wrong time should penalize the player, not BREAK THE FUCKING GAME.
>>
>>387489062
T R U E C O N T R O L
>>
>>387489119
if you're going at high speed, and suddenly you decide to slam your stick to the right, you would probably die anyway because theres nothing to the right
>>
Adventure 3 will happen after Forces. I'm sure of it. They're well aware of the demand and other revivals like Crash and Sonic Mania have proven to be successful.
>>
>>387488890
>what was going to the right going to accomplish on a path curving to the right?
The state of you Adventurefags.
>>
File: lmao.png (371KB, 472x397px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
371KB, 472x397px
>>387489051
lmao
>>
>>387479165
>that interface
So much better than the crap one we have now
>>
>>387476936
Daily reminder that Sonic Adventure 2 sits at a 89 on Metacritic. User score not being far behind with an 8.6 rating. Also remember that this was back when review scores weren't nearly as inflated as they are now. So that is a very respectable score for such a game.
>>
>>387489062
>>387489265
DELET
>>
>>387489192

And that kind of thinking is how you get Sonic 06 mach speed sections.

The amount of denying you're doing to somehow rationalize the bad controls in the game is astounding.
>>
>>387489218
he went right too early!
>>
>>387477821
They were fun in SA and painful chores in SA2.
>>
>>387480637
Seriously I don't even like the Adventure games (and think 3D Sonic is an oxymoron in general and will never be entertaining) but go fuck yourself...the Adventure games actually control well unlike the boost games which control like a fucking bad racing game.
>>
>>387489559
this
>>
>>387485404
>There's only one really flawed stage in Sonic 3, and it's Marble Garden.
I wish I could stab you in the throat. That is the best zone in the series you piece of shit.
>>
File: ef7.png (422KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
ef7.png
422KB, 604x604px
>>387476936
Yeaaaaaah OP! Speaking my fucking mind right there. Honestly, I couldn't give a shit that these fat autistic subhuman piece of shit NEETs don't like the Adventure games, I really don't. But when they shit talk them and spout the same fucking tired memes "le 1/3 was good!" it just makes me wanna personally hunt down these keyboard warriors and brutally fuck them up and face fuck their mothers in front of them. These retards are simply talking about shit they don't understand to begin with and then act like they're on some sort of high ground because they're like "DURR OBJECTIVELY ITS A BAYD GAEM". Adventure 1 and 2 are kino you fucking nigger bastards. It's no wonder that the point of these games fly right over your plebian minds.
>>
>>387489729
The floating enemies and the spike ball traps are incredibly hazardous to any sort of speed. The first act has a very first high path you can go to that has some horrid design in it. It starts off with a spiked crusher, so most players will spindash by this to get past it safely, doing this will instantly throw you into a swinging spiked ball trap directly after it. Then after that there's a hidden spring in the ground that will launch you into an off screen wall of spikes if you even have a small amount of momentum going.

The stage does do some things right, but it's also full of traps and enemies that are just not well implemented into Sonic.
>>
File: nlihp_950x618.jpg (147KB, 980x618px) Image search: [Google]
nlihp_950x618.jpg
147KB, 980x618px
>>387489859
Go back
>>
The whole SA2 was never good argument really makes me think this board is full of underage. Before shitty e-celebs tried to force the meme that the game was never good to get views, almost everyone loved the game and thought that the shooting and treasure hunting stages were a good change of pace, with the only major flaw in their design being the radar. But now, it's just constant fucking repeat of the same argument about how the shooting and treasure hunting stages aren't going fast so they're bad, and at the same time those people argue about how sonic is too fast and on rails in newer games. How the fuck can you people be so mistyfied by someone trying to get views, that you have to parrot they're argument constantly. It's fine if you don't like the game, just form your own opinions on it.
>>
>>387490141
I'm 29 and played the game when it released on the Gamecube and completed it 100%, the game is still a fairly mediocre platformer with a lot of boring filler.
>>
>>387488062
>Not OP but Eggman was the final boss in Colors, Generations, and Lost World. It's not always some other thing
Bullcrap. He still used Wisps in Colors, Time Eater in Generations.

>>387488082
>Cartoons
>Fucking implying
Kill yourself you moron. Yuji Naka himself said this.
https://www.sonicstadium.org/2010/10/naka-sonic-created-with-environmental-themes/
>>
>>387490141
People have complained about the shooting and treasure hunting stages since it was released.
Adventure 2 fags have no argument besides "muh ecelebs" and even that isn't true.
>>
>>387490141
There's also people on the opposite side of the spectrum; the piece of shit, out-of-touch old farts who shit on it just because they're mad as fuck the game isn't for them, which is pretty pathetic honestly.

Today is the day Adventure patricians fight back
>>
>>387488539
What is PBS Kids about Robotnik literally fucking the future in Sonic CD?
>>
>isn't filled with PBS Kids tier writing
You have got to be fucking kidding me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ockHHFfZ3b8
>>
>>387490141
You know what's more common than people parroting e-celeb opinions? People defending bad games because they have to believe the exact opposite of an e-celeb they hate. Either way, an e-celeb is determining your opinion.

Not accusing you of that, I'm not even acquainted with SA2. Just throwing that out there because it's relevant.
>>
>>387490005
>The floating enemies and the spike ball traps are incredibly hazardous to any sort of speed.
Git gud
>>
>>387487237
I'm looking at a video of the game now and it is very easy to tell what all the issues people seemingly have with it is. I too loved it as a kid. I played it so much. Without even playing it again though I can see with this video alone a lot of the issues this game seems to have. I'll list a few I notice that seems very apparent in this video.

>the camera is bad and does seem to get in the way a lot
>a lot of levels look very easy and even automated
>the levels are much more about looking flashy than actually being about good platforming
>while the game does look fast it also still looks like sonic should be moving much faster
>yet that would be even more devastating to the game since sonic looks too loose to control

Maybe the haters are right. Maybe this series just can't translate well to 3D at all. It was always meant to be a product of its time or maybe 2D only.
>>
>>387490379
>You're not even good enough to be my- I'll make you eat those words
Imagine fucking up so bad that your mistakes make the game better.
>>
>>387490379
Someone tell me this is deception.

How would someone defend this game.
>>
>>387490202
>when it released on the GameCube
Either way you're just proving my point where you don't give any evidence or examples to support the argument
>>387490263
The complaints were because of actual flaws in design like the radar, and awkward turning on the mechs, not cause they were filler. The whole filler argument only started becoming popular after all these e-celebs started they're whole thing with SA2 being bad.
>>387490395
You're right for the most part, but in this situation it was a whole slew of various channels making videos on it, so that's less likely to be the case.
>>
>>387490415
They're unavoidable if you have too much momentum going, and only Sonic with his insta shield can really get through them without issue.

They didn't bother me before, but playing as Knuckles and moving quickly while jumping over a hazard only to be put directly onto the path of one of those guys without any way to dodge him was annoying.

I mean the zone is mostly good, but it's easily full of the most frustrating moments in the game, for bad reasons.
>>
>>387484650
>It's essentially equal to how SM64 played
Funniest thread I've seen all day. Adventurefags still haven't gotten over their inferiority complex over the difference in stature between Mario 3D Platformers and Sonic ones. Incredible.
>>
>>387490553
>They're unavoidable
Nope
Again git gud. You may think you're good enough at the game but you're not.
In Sonic you have to master the D-pad.
>>
>>387490379
>a kids game has childish writing

So what exactly is wrong with that?
>>
File: 49c.png (157KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
49c.png
157KB, 409x409px
You know what's fucking sad though? Kids nowadays don't even like Sonic. So when a fucking grown adult parrots e-celeb opinions it's mind-fumblingly pathetic, sad and retarded.
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 736x611px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 736x611px
>>387476936
Ah, the good ol' "try to appeal to /v/'s intelectual and skill based vanity" argument, and for a fucking childrens game about a blue hedgehog no less. 0/10 OP.
>>
>>387490379
That's campy shonen tier writing you fucking dumb ass dog shit deluded ass nigger bastard. My turds are worth more than your worthless life
>>
>>387490426

Nah, it's doable. Utopia has the right idea.

I also think Unleashed/Colors/Generations are great games, and only Adventurefags get buttblasted abotu it. They're not nearly as "self-playing" as haters make them be, and there's much more to revisit in Generations than any adventure game combined.
>>
>>387490537
>you don't give any evidence or examples to support the argument

See >>387485076

Treasure hunt stages are alright, but ultimately you're just walking through a large area until your radar goes off. The mecha stages are stupid, you move forward while sporadically holding down the lock on button until a few enemies are highlighted and then you let go. There's really nothing else to them outside of some very basic platforming.The running stages are also linear and full of self playing moments, they also have rails on the edge of the stages so that you don't accidentally run off the edge of them. The stages are just too damn small to really benefit from Sonic's speed.

The mechanics in the games just aren't all that interesting or good, they're mediocre at best games.
>>
>>387486232
All of those games are better than SA1, particularly Chameleon Twist, that game is fucking great.
>>
>>387490668
>le blue hedgehog meme
Do you feel proud that you said that? In your pathetic ass attempt to undermine the Sonic series? I'd beat the fucking SHIT out of you irl lol
>>
>>387490784

Meu Negro.

That game was dope as fuck. The sequel was pretty good too, but I never finished it.
>>
>>387490426
>Maybe this series just can't translate well to 3D at all.

That's literally because no "fast" 3d platformers have been attempted that people know about besides sonic, and everyone gave sonic team the benefit of the doubt that it might be some uncrackable puzzle.

Play sonic utopia. It has an uncooperative camera, and deadzone issues because of unity's horrible input manager, but it's surprisingly controllable after you practice for a few minutes. The secret was just to play it straight up all along. Manual steering with a rear-gravitating camera like fucking mario 64. The reason every sonic game has been a mess is because sonic team forced the coolest possible camera angles to work with autosteering and scripts that were on the verge of breaking because they can't engineer for shit. The collision was a garbage fire too.
>>
The Adventure games are treasured classics whether you like them or not.
>>
>>387490750
It was in American cartoons first, turdfucker.
>>
>>387490758
Was chao raising as fun as I remember it being?
>>
>>387486004
>>387490784
>Any of those garbage ass games
>Better than SA1
Holy fucking shit. You'd think I'd be numb to how fucking stupid /v/ is but you retards just keep on giving.
>>
>>387490919

Yes it's the one part of the game that is still pretty fun.

>>387490941

>look mom im just pretending to be retarded on the internet! i bet I'll make some people angry! hehehehe
>>
>>387490763
I guess you could see these as flaws but overall, I feel like you're simplifying the gameplay to a sentence. Either way I applaud you for making an actual argument unlike a lot of people.
>>
>>387490890
It's a Japanese product made by Japanese people you dumb fucking cockroach. Those American cartoons aren't canon and are so fucking shitty and terrible and irrelevant. I'd tell you to go eat shit but that'd be cannibalism as you are a literal sentient piece of shit.
>>
>>387490941
confirmed for never playing any of them, rayman 2 is a 10/10
>>
You guys see that project to properly add in the original Windy Valley with the objects, camera angles, and everything else? Looks pretty exciting.
>>
>>387490638
You're strawmanning my argument, either intentionally or because you're not very smart.

When you have enough momentum going and you jump and one of them decides to float into your path you really can't do anything to shift momentum to avoid him, Sonic doesn't have this issue but Tails and Knuckles does.

Also you're ignoring the swinging traps, which have a bad tendency to not be visible until their middle segment is on the screen and the trap is swinging at you.

>>387490941
You'd have to be a special kind of retarded to think that SA1 or 2 is superior to SM64, Spyro, Banjo, Rayman 2, or Ape Escape.
>>
>>387490852
The thing utopia fans have to realize is that utopias green hill level is massive, and to actually design all that would be a nightmare. That's why the boost levels are only a minute or two, it would take too much time to design levels that you're going to zoom by.
>>
>>387491035
SA1 is a 11/10.
>>
>>387490141
>almost everyone loved the game and thought that the shooting and treasure hunting stages were a good change of pace
Fucking hysterical. No, no one liked those stages, everyone shit on them from day one. SA2 is better than the retarded "sonic was never good" fags make it out to be, but it was never some incredible classic, just a halfway competent game with a good soundtrack and a hilariously bad story.
>>
>>387490852

That's really literally it. They kept trying to force the same formula with Adventure 2, Heroes, Shadow and then finally Sonic 06 until they realized it was shit. Unleashed and following games avoided that by going the Rush route and succeeded in translating that to consoles, but they're far from the 3D sonic games we all want to see.

Thank god we have dedicated fans out there that actually know how to program to show them how to do it.

I hope they learn their lesson with Mania and start hiring more people that know what the fuck they're doing.
>>
>>387491058
Those games do fucking NOTHING for me unlike Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 do.
>>
>>387491115
SA2 IS a incredible classic, a incredibly competent game with a excellent soundtrack and a fantastic story.
>>
>>387490852
>>387491070
Oh that guy. The level looks pretty cool but I think this anon is correct. Plus that level looks way too empty. Call me crazy but what do you guys think about these games having a button that automatically accomplishes a lot of the shit for you if you hold it down? Think something like Assassins Creed but not Sonic literally doing parkour like that. Or have Sonic games been doing this?

I guess I could try to explain better if you don't get what I mean.
>>
File: kawabunga_intensifies.jpg (25KB, 687x610px) Image search: [Google]
kawabunga_intensifies.jpg
25KB, 687x610px
>>387491139
No one can be this autistic
>>
>>387491115
Were you in middle school when it came out? Everyone who had a dreamcast said it was the best game ever made, and the kids that didn't would littearly do whatever so they could go play it at their friends house.
>>
>>387491281
>Everyone who had a dreamcast
so the five people on the planet who were still diehard sega fanboys? No wonder they're Sonic apologists
>>
>>387491030
The English dub was made for a western audience. Also, let's get one thing straight.

Sonic cartoons > SA/2
>>
>>387491250
They did something like that with lost world and it was pretty good. Overall, I think lost world has some of the best controls in the series, but was screwed by incompetent level design.
>>
>>387491250
That's because it's a demo level, literally just to showcase the game's mechanics. It's like a proof of concept. The actual stages would be much tighter and focused.
>>
>>387491250
>Call me crazy but what do you guys think about these games having a button that automatically accomplishes a lot of the shit for you if you hold it down?
I'd say that sounds a lot better than Adventure's speed booster segments where there's nothing to do but press forward while a glorified cutscene plays.
>>
>>387476936
Adventures games best sonic games.
>>
>>387491269
It's true. I can play SM64, Spyro, Banjo, Rayman or Ape Escape but it's the equivalent of playing a mindless shitty shovelware tier mobile game. Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are fucking kino, elder god tier games. With their excellent gameplay and controls, fantastic story, and great soundtrack. In reality you're the one who's autistic. You live in a bubble. Kill yourself.
>>
>>387491139
>>387491195
Oh baby these posts~
>>
File: 1467804469044.png (13KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
1467804469044.png
13KB, 112x112px
The Adventure games have a lot of problems, and are technically kind of shit. Especially the first one. But that doesn't mean they're not fun. They're fun as hell. Kind of campy. Bad in a good way, but also legitimately good, but also legitimately bad.

The different playstyles are more appealing to some than others. That's okay.

When it comes to these games, there are plenty of reasons to like them or not to like them. The only wrong opinion is Big the Cat's stages are fun and Death Chamber/Rouge equivalent is good.
>>
>>387491329
>bringing up console wars from the 90's
>>
>>387491396

Oh my, he just threw the entire fishing pole into the water
>>
>>387490379
https://youtu.be/mJcClMWtFp0?t=525
>>
>>387491385
I suppose we have to wait and see what comes of it, but I feel that sonic moves too fast in utopia to have a tight closed off level.
>>
>>387491337
No, let me get one thing straight. Your life is fucking meaningless. You're a worthless piece of fucking shit and you will never amount to anything your shitty miserable life. That's why you spend your time on 4chan right? I bet you have no friends and your parents wished you were dead. You're so fucking pathetic that I can smell the autism off you. Me, a absolute fucking stranger on 4chan that only has your shitposts to off by. I recommend that you get off your computer and just kill yourself immediately. Living isn't for you.
>>
>>387491404
Correct.
>>
>>387491281
>everyone with buyer's remorse postured as if the game was the best thing ever so that makes it true
Wow I guess Panzer Dragoon Saga really is the best JRPG ever made and Bayonetta 2 is the best Platinum game and Sunset Overdrive is a modern classic and Freedom Wars was totally better than Monster Hunter.

Hint: None of these things are true
>>
>>387491250
>Call me crazy but what do you guys think about these games having a button that automatically accomplishes a lot of the shit for you if you hold it down?

I think that's against the spirit and feeling of sonic

Sonic was designed as gameplay first and it really shows. It was basically yuji naka's physics toy at a time when there was nothing like it. Sonic behaves like a ball with real properties like acceleration, friction, momentum, centrifugal force. The games are about improving understanding of that to get better results. I mean yeah, sometimes you're just going fast and the level geometry steers you, but a 3D game has the potential to open that up more than the 2D games. You actually have to try to stay on track in Utopia.
>>
>>387491513
Did you just purposely ignore the rest of the post?
>>
>>387491467

Nah, there are secret caves around the map that kinda demonstrate how it can work in a smaller scale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNZl7dVvQxE

I don't think the levels would work if they were TOO small, like Adventure's single-lane level design, but something like a trimmed down version of the demo map, with more obvious landmarks and sense of direction and filled with more enemies and obstacles. The key here is giving the player a sense of freedom in choosing his routes and pace, without making him feel lost.
>>
>>387491404
They're not horrid, but for some reason Mania releasing has made a shitton of Adventure autists come out and try to praise their games as the best Sonic games.
>>
>>387491643
Lmao it's because you cucks talk shit about 3D Sonic in your gay ass Mania threads. You think I'd let you faggots get away with it? You keyboard warrior you...
>>
>>387491467
I am worried that they're going to make sonic as fast as possible while still being controllable. I mean that's great for speed runners or just an expression of player skill, but I'd hate to be an average player that rips through the level in less than a minute.
>>
>>387491058
>When you have enough momentum going and you jump and one of them decides to float into your path you really can't do anything to shift momentum to avoid him, Sonic doesn't have this issue but Tails and Knuckles does.
You just make a microadjustment on the D-pad and slow down a bit.
Seriously the Sonic games are easy but they're not braindead games without any challenge.
>>
>>387491643
And Adventure games ARE the best Sonic games lol It's objectively wrong, incorrect and a refusal of the truth to think otherwise.
>>
>>387491625
The bit where he pretended that the age that you bought the game mattered and came up with fake anecdotes about children who were so enamored of SA2 that they just had to go to a friends house to play on their Dreamcast? Yeah, I ignored that.

No one wanted to play the Tails or Knuckles stages because they were mediocre at best. They wanted to play the Sonic stages. No one plays a Sonic game because of their undying love of Tails.
>>
>>387491047
Any video?
>>
>>387491638
Oh shit that actually looks really good, you have legitimately convinced me.
>>
>>387491396
>kino
Go back to /tv/ you autist.
>>
>>387491792
Not yet, he's still working on it. He did get some help from the guy who did the original mod though so it's probably gonna be pretty good. It's also gonna have all 3 acts.
>>
>>387491775
You're logic is littearly autistic, and this is coming from someone who is a sonic fan.
>BOX SAY SONIC
>WHY NO SONIC
>REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>387491775
I have a undying love for Tails bitch. Problem?
>>
Friendly reminder that if you can't beat SA2 in a day without getting a game over you should GTFO of gaming. The game is THAT easy when you know everything.
>>
>>387491513
>Panzer Dragoon Saga really is the best JRPG ever made
Reminder that some people actually do consider this to be the best JRPG ever made

7thlevel in youtube for example who is an oldfag who started on the Fairchild Channel F does.
>>
>>387491806
Now join me in waiting forever for any news on the game's progress
>>
>>387491337
>Sonic cartoons > SA/2
Where do you live? Just curious.
>>
>>387491492
You got issues.
>>
>>387476936
I will agree with you.

In regards to SA2.

Sonic adventure is...weird.
The facial animations are weird, line delivery is awkward. Amy adds literally nothing, and arguably tails doesnt either.
Froggy and big the cat could be removed from the story and pretty much nothing would need to be changed. The pinball stage, while a neat idea, didnt really function right?
Chao in SA2 is just better overall.

Honestly once i beat it i never felt the need to play it again except for boss rush.

Sonic adventure 2 i played city escape probably more then 100 times alone and went on to 100% it. My only major complaint is that shadow should have had more stages, with eggman maybe not having as much.
>>
Is mania any good? Tempted to pick it up. I enjoyed all the the 2d sonic gsmes but once they went 3d an started adding plot while trying to be serious i lost all interest except for watching chrischan go nuts and then nuts beyond nuts
>>
>>387476936
The stages that aren't sonic/shadow suck dick and you know it you fucking fag.
>>
File: DHMjoRUVwAAvpFb[1].jpg (190KB, 1200x929px) Image search: [Google]
DHMjoRUVwAAvpFb[1].jpg
190KB, 1200x929px
>>387491956
>The facial animations are amazing
ftfy
>>
>>387491976
Yeah it's probably the best game since 3 or the adventures. They try to add minor plot into it but nothing that's gonna make you sit there for more than a minute.
>>
>>387491976

It is. It's better than Sonic 3, and that is saying a LOT.
>>
>>387491976
>but once they went 3d an started adding plot while trying to be serious i lost all interest
You're not a fan of this series, fuck off. You are a fucking parasite piece of shit. Fuck. Off.
>>
Most of /v/ has never even seen a dreamcast in person and their first sonic game was sonic heroes.

Sonic heroes is a great game too but /v/ will shit on it just as much as adventure. Hell I'm going to get called a nigger just for saying this.
>>
File: Sonic 2D wins.png (1MB, 942x526px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic 2D wins.png
1MB, 942x526px
>>387491701
>>387491756
>>
>>387488263
Whenever I run into someone so monumentally stupid, I try to pretend they're all joking around with their friends, and not actually fighting. It makes going to this site less depression.
>>
>>387492090
>You're not a fan of this series, fuck off.

That's what happens when something is ruined you manchild
>>
>>387476936
Adventure games are good but nod ideal, the idea of funny animals running among humans as if everything's as it should be is abysmal.
I hope they'll work on their mistakes instead of dumping Adventure style altogether in favor of childish tripe...
>>
>>387492135
Is reddit spacing a meme or just a retarded deflection like any other?

People on reddit don't space their sentences.
>>
>>387492165
It wasn't ruined you fucking dumb piece of shit. It's a natural evolution of the series. Honestly just fuck off you stupid nigger. Sonic isn't for you. Video games isn't for you. LIFE isn't for you. KILL YOURSELF PLEASE FUCKING KILL YOURSELF OH MY GODDDDDD IM GONNA GO INSANE IF YOU DON'T KILL YOURSELF OMGGGGGGGG PLS KILL URSELFFFFFFFF
>>
>>387491875
>If I misrepresent his argument that'll make him look silly!
No. I didn't say anything resembling an autistic hatred of knuckles and tails. I'm not opposed to them having levels, I'm opposed to those levels being boring, bland and mandatory.

I'm also not inclined to humor this retarded idea that at some point people actually liked the non-sonic stages in SA2 and that they were somehow a selling point. They don't have the "cool" appeal Sonic has to kids and they don't have good level design or gameplay. They're fucking filler.
>>
>>387491976
>I enjoyed all the the 2d sonic gsmes
then go play Mania right fucking now
>>
>>387492282
I provided directions earlier but it looks like you missed them >>387490007
>>
File: 147989727069.png (108KB, 400x381px) Image search: [Google]
147989727069.png
108KB, 400x381px
>>387492282
>It's a natural evolution of the series.
>>
File: 1450461689178.jpg (60KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1450461689178.jpg
60KB, 960x720px
>tfw Adventure series ruined Sonic's reputation and was the start of the "Sonic was never good" meme
>>
>>387492371
>he greentexted a factual part of my comment
what's your next move, frog poster?
>>
File: 1384237272118.jpg (16KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
1384237272118.jpg
16KB, 236x214px
>>387491337
>sonic underground
>>
>>387482567
>want modern Sonic to die
But Adventure isn't "modern" Sonic anymore. Boost shit is.
>>
>>387492427
I don't know about that. In retrospect after how the succeeding games turned out, sure, but it was definitely not the point of no return. Adventure was well received despite its flaws.
>>
>>387492090
Youre right im not i never once watched the cartoons or read the comics
I never played a 3d sonic for more than 30 minutes because I didnt like them
I dont have to be a sonic fan because im a fan of something better
Good games
Which by the sound of the other replies mania seems like it is I might even wait to pirate it now though being a parasite and all, parasites dont give money you know
>>
>>387492285
Your whole argument is to just avoid and ignore the other side saying it's a ridiculous idea.
>>
>>387492096
Why would anyone's first Sonic game be heroes? Even if everyone was as underage as you think, wouldn't it make more sense for them to have started at SA2 battle?

My first Sonic game was Sonic 2 but I didn't play another until SA2 Battle and the Sonic Anniversary collection. I have some fondness for SA2 but that doesn't mean I think it holds up all that well or that it's some classic.
>>
>>387492558
Mania is nothing compared to the Adventure games lol
>>
>>387492590
Most people owned a PS2, not a Gamecube or Dreamcast.
>>
>>387492614
This. Mania does not compare to the nuclear disposal train wreck of the Adventure games.
>>
File: 143213213421412321312.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
143213213421412321312.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>387492614
>This delusion
The state of Adventurecucks everyone.
>>
>>387490784
Croc is absolutely dreadfully bad. I remember getting it for PC off whatever was used to file share back then. And it was so terrible that it kind of soured my view on 3D games in general to the point that it took me some time to warm up to 3d platformers again.
>>
>>387492772
>Mania does not compare to the god-like elegance of the Adventure games
FTFY
>>
>>387492427
Adventure didn't ruin Sonic's reputation. They were pretty popular even though they don't hold up too well to the test of time. What killed Sonic was a combination of Sega's console division dying, Shadow the Hedgehog being hilariously stupid, and Sonic 06. Those three things are the nails in Sonic's coffin. Mania seems to be a crowbar determined to pry that coffin open and resurrect the corpse.
>>
>>387492835
>Adventure didn't ruin Sonic's reputation.
Yes it did.
>>
>>387492810
I don't know how anyone likes Croc when the PS1 has good platformers that don't have an agonizing locked rear camera.

It's strange it's even like that because argonaut is usually 2 steps ahead of everyone else on how to pull off new shit.
>>
>>387492948
No it didn't you fat autistic NEET fucking NIGGER DIEEEEEEEEE YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT DIEEEEEEE YOU FUCKING NIGGER GIVE ME AN ADDRESS AND I WILL BEAT YOU SENSELESS YOU'LL LITERALLY FORGET WHO YOU ARE I'LL BREAK YOUR FUCKING TEETH NOSE FACE RIP YOUR FUCKING EARS AND HAIR OUT AND SLICE ALL YOUR LIMBS OFF AND FUCK YOUR MOM IN FRONT OF YOU YOU FUCKING NIGGER DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE
>>
>>387492810
It's been a very long time since I played it but I remember enjoying it. Might have just been a dumb kid though.
>>
File: sonic says.jpg (17KB, 387x356px) Image search: [Google]
sonic says.jpg
17KB, 387x356px
>>387491337
Still waiting for an Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog game. Bring back Urkel Sonic and make it goofy and stupid like the show. All these Sonic games trying to be taken seriously in the cutscenes are retarded and only for OC donut steal fags.
>>
>>387492948
This is revisionist history. Adventure was well liked even though it didn't deserve it.
>>
File: 1502545247389.jpg (76KB, 640x544px) Image search: [Google]
1502545247389.jpg
76KB, 640x544px
>>387492948
I dont even like the adventure games that much but it's extremely obvious they weren't series killers like '06 and shadow. Compared to them they are actually pretty great. Now stop falseflagging and go to a thread about a game you actually like, silly.
>>
https://www.archiveofourown.org/works/11798901

http://www.archiveofourown.org/works/11778270
>>
>>387492948
No he's right. Adventure and Adventure 2 were popular. If you didn't like them yourself at the time, credit for having standards, but there's no need to deny how most people received the games.

I didn't know Heroes existed because I wasn't a sonic follower, so I can't fill in the picture there.

But Shadow the Hedgehog was definitely the moment where everyone started squinting at the franchise in disbelief and taking a closer look at what came before it.
>>
>>387493172
shadow wasnt really a series killer, like it was laughably bad trying to give a sonic character guns and make him swear but it was just heroes with guns, some of the stages were neat ideas
>>
IF anything, Adventure has the best sonic art style.
>>
File: 1497970635037.png (673KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1497970635037.png
673KB, 808x805px
>>387493102
Fuck off you piece of fucking shit. FUCKKKKKKKKKK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF YOU FUCKING RETARDED FAT OLD PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT I WILL BEAT WHAT LITTLE LIFE THAT REMAINS IN YOU YOU FUCKING 90 YEAR OLD FAT BLACK BALD MOTHERFUCKER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING NIGGER FUCKING DIE DIE DIE DIE DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>387493140
Most oldfags left the franchise after Sonic Adventure came out so it did ruin it.
>>
>>387493102
>No Long John Baldry
No thank you.
>>
>>387493140
http://www.metacritic.com/game/gamecube/sonic-adventure-dx-directors-cut

????
>>
>>387492835
Half of Mania's content is made of rehashed Megadrive levels, that's not how you reclaim your greatness - if your goal is not to tell the world that you're washed out and that your heydad is indeed way past you, of course.

Isn't it's Forces that's meant to pull the nails off? It's got bigger production values than Mania, new content, new character, et cetera...
>>
>>387493265
Calm down and watch your stories. This is high art.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ymBeGn3a0w
>>
>>387493293
fuck the old fags you nigger they weren't fans of the series to begin with. Sonic adventure is a fucking kino god tier god like game A NIGGER LIKE YOU SIMPLY WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND YOU JUST CAN'T. HOW COULD YOU? YOU'RE A NIGGER. YOU'RE A FUCKING NIGGER. DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>387493257
On its own it wasn't a series killer but combined with the mediocrity of other 3d sonic games and the death of Sega as a juggernaut on par with Nintendo, it was enough to start turning public opinion against Sonic. It could have still been salvaged even after all that, but then 06 came out and that was that.
>>
>>387493382
Can someone ban this guy?
>>
>>387493257
I agree, I meant more as in it wasn't received as well as the adventures, and it was kinda obvious it was going downhill from there. I actually liked the split paths all with different endings, it's actually a pretty neat concept.
>>
>>387493334
>remove lighting engine from game
>recompress all the textures and sounds at shit quality
>change the framerate causing collision and even more sound issues
>jeez, why is the score so low xD
>>
>>387493352
>Forcescucks
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Also you do realize Forces is rehashing shit too right? At least Mania has good gameplay.
>>
>>387493483
Lol I'm simply stooping to your level of retardation. The annoyance you're feeling right now is what I feel every single time you pieces of shit talk about Sonic. Kill yourself. I'm not stopping.
>>
>>387493334
>A bad port years after the fact is a good measure of how much people liked the game when it first came out
>>
>>387493527
>>change the framerate causing collision and even more sound issues
They changed the framerate?
>>
>>387493334
>People started to wise up on adventure years after it came out

We know. But on the original dreamcast releases of SA 1 and 2, they were well received popularly and critically.
>>
>>387493527
Framerate was the only good improvement. Though the Dreamcast version can run at 60fps using action replay codes and could have been made to run at 60fps provided they had more time to work in the game.
>>
>>387491638
>>387491806
It doesn't look that good. I mean it does but Sonic doesn't look too fast at all in that video. It looks like it could be a different kind of platformer but not Sonic.
>>
>>387493546
By all means continue to make yourself look like a raging retarded autist. Doesn't change the fact that the Adventure games are shit and that you're a millennial.
>>
>>387493473
Yeah I agree with this

>>387493494
all the different endings was neat until you realized they all didnt matter for the final canon ending playing through the same opening stage and the same final stages like 5 times to get the alt ending was annoying as fuck though
>>
BOOSTFAGS ARE CANCER
CLASSICFAGS ARE CANCER
ADVENTUREBROS ARE WAY PAST COOL
>>
>>387493571
Yeah, they made it 60fps instead of 30. It makes a lot of the ambient sounds in the overworld cut out halfway through. Super noticeable in mystic ruins or eggmans bases. They also removed the wave effect in the first level and pretty much any model with transparency was removed or had fucked up graphics since the Dreamcast had order independent transparency and the GCN didn't.
>>
>>387479462
As you can see he did not put battle on the right either. The games control identical bc it is basically the same game with some addition.

He probably just googled SA and SA2 and did not give a fuck if he took the logo from the DX version for SA and the battle version for SA2.
>>
>>387493607
You can go really, really fast in utopia even if that video doesn't show it.
>>
>>387493629
By all means continue to make it more apparent that people who shit talk 3D Sonic for being serious are simply ugly retarded autistic dog shit nigger bastards who don't deserve to live. Doesn't change the fact that they're excellent god tier games and that you're a old bastard who needs to be put down to end his misery.
>>
File: 1475479864888.png (66KB, 200x176px) Image search: [Google]
1475479864888.png
66KB, 200x176px
>>387493646
boostfags,classicfags and adventurefags are all cool, shitposters can fuck off though
>>
File: 38488322.jpg (26KB, 300x404px) Image search: [Google]
38488322.jpg
26KB, 300x404px
>>387493536
I never said Forces is good, I just think it's the game with higher production values that should aim to save the series.

Good job at showing your autism by the way.
>>
Am I the only one who gets motion sickness when playing the knuckles or rouge levels? This games and spyro 1-3 are the only games wich have managed to make me incredibly nauseaus. I am not very sensitive to motion sickness either considering I have no issues with FPS on low FOVs.
>>
>>387493334
DX is a fucking shitty port. Dreamcast version is 10x better.
>>
>>387493732
>too obvious to be trolling
>not funny enough to be funposting
>not meme enough to be shitposting

Just what is it that you do here?
>>
>>387493745
Classic fags are fucking idiots who need to fuck off and die. Boost fags are retards who enjoy the shittier, dull, shallow games of the franchise with the singular exception of Unleashed. Unleashed is a elder god tier game. Adventure patricians are smart, beautiful amazing people. This is an objective undeniable fact.
>>
>>387493805
Nope it isn't It's literally worse in every aspect.

Name 1 thing the original did better? You can't bc the port was fine.
>>
>>387493902
In DX the character models don't even fucking connect properly, they've got fucking holes in them.
>>
>>387493827
I put evil in it's place. Nothing more, nothing less. I will not let evil have it's way. I will not. Because, and I quote, "IF IT WON'T STOP, THERE WILL BE NO FUTURE FOR US! IT'S HEART IS TIED DOWN BY ALL THE HATE, GOTTA SET HIM FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
>>
>>387493658
and what about the action replay cheat anon mentioned, does that fuck up the sound effects?
>>
>>387493883
That's a genuinley impressive amount of memewords used in a single sentence.
>>
File: 1499375047036.png (108KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1499375047036.png
108KB, 500x281px
>>387493745
This guy gets it
>>
File: Pacha.png (256KB, 555x562px) Image search: [Google]
Pacha.png
256KB, 555x562px
>Enjoy both classic and adventure
>Boostgames feel shorter in comparison due to the speed letting you effectively blitz through the levels, but still find some satisfaction somehow

Am I the only one hoping Forces isn't complete shit from a gameplay perspective?
>>
>>387493883
>Classic fags are fucking idiots who need to fuck off and die
why?

>Boost fags are retards who enjoy the shittier, dull, shallow games of the franchise with the singular exception of Unleashed.
I thought the boost games were ok, the stories were kind of short though aside from I think unleashed. does lost world count as a boost game or what?

>Adventure patricians are smart, beautiful amazing people.
Why
>>
>>387493902
You're a fucking idiot. Almost everyone agrees that the DC version is superior. But in case that still doesn't get through your dense thick head:
https://tcrf.net/Sonic_Adventure_(Dreamcast)/Version_Differences
Read it and weep bitch. Also eat shit
>>
>>387493979
No idea, you'd have to test it. The engine is pretty different in a lot of ways in DX. Even stuff like the collision for the whale section is completely different.
>>
>>387494097
>differences between the Japanese and International releases
This has nothing to do with DX, holy shit Adventurefags are the most retarded part of the fanbase.
>>
>>387493658
>It makes a lot of the ambient sounds in the overworld cut out halfway through.
This has nothing to do with the framerate you autist.
You can run Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast at 60fps(although it does chug at places) via action replay codes and it doesn't do this.
>>
>>387494242
>This has nothing to do with the framerate you autist.
Really? How come capping the game at 30fps fixes it then? lmao
>>
>>387493902
The lighting, the models, the coloring, the textures
>>
>>387494274
I don't know what they did to DX. That port is a mess.
>>
>>387494194
https://tcrf.net/Sonic_Adventure_DX:_Director%27s_Cut_(GameCube)/Changes_from_the_Dreamcast_Version
My fault retard, I'm only human unlike you. Fucking idiot monkey.
>>
>>387494194
http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_Adventure_DX:_Director%27s_Cut
not him but this has some of the changes between DX and Dreamcast
>>
>>387494363
>A "Free Camera" option was added, allowing full camera control via the C-stick. The original game supported only rotation and first-person view; this mode is kept as "Auto Camera". The camera resets to "Auto Camera" whenever a new map is loaded.
What the actual fuck, who thought this was a good idea
>>
>>387494348
The entire game was still a mess, keeping it at 30fps just made the stuttering less obvious.
>>
File: SonicAdventureDXFeet[1].png (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
SonicAdventureDXFeet[1].png
33KB, 400x400px
>>387494363
quality port
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (103KB, 775x719px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
103KB, 775x719px
Consider your fat, autistic, retarded, subhuman, meme-spouting faggot asses unlucky boyos! I will now be guarding Sonic threads and will be putting evil in its place! Remember when stealin' used to be a good dealin' and the crooked life would always pay? Well now that the teams in town that's all underground now. MWAHAHAHA ALL LIVING BEINGS BOW DOWN TO YOUR MASTER
>>
File: peter pan.png (44KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
peter pan.png
44KB, 400x400px
>>387494527
>this looks good
dreamcast fags are desperate
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (783KB, 1280x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
783KB, 1280x1440px
>>387494663
>actually has fur texture
>arm isn't clipping through quills
>shoes are distorting with speed
>leg isn't coming out of stomach
>proper lighting
Yeah, it does look good.
>>
>>387494363
>I'm only human
>says the retarded subhuman nigger so illiterate he couldn't even tell the difference between "Sonic Adventure" and "Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut"
>>
>>387494663
that does legitimately look good and charming.
>>
>>387494742
Copying me now eh you fucking retarded subhuman nigger? That's all you can do right? You fucking black fat balding subhuman nigger NEET that gets fucked in the ass by his dad all day?
>>
>>387476936
>Doesn't like the fact that game takes more than one button to beat a stage.
bs, everything in sonic adventure is mapped to A
>>
>>387494663
It looks better than the DX version. And for the time it was good.
>>
>>387494735
>that water in the DX version
Absolutely disgusting
>>
>>387494905
It still looks good today. It has a charm that can never be topped.
>>
>>387494735
>All those removed trees in the DX version of Mystic Ruins
>>
>>387494968
Well I don't like Adventure or any of the 3D games but I still like how Adventure looks graphically on the Dreamcast. Obviously Sonic World on Sonic Jam still >>>>>> Adventure tho.
>>
>>387482690
That's furries for you.
>>
>>387494949
DXfags always defend their water because it's "technically superior" with bumpmaps and shit.
>>387494987
The trees probably caused issues with their overlapping transparent textures.
>>
>>387476936
>janky games are for hardcore gamers like me
>>
File: boostkino.png (347KB, 1370x609px) Image search: [Google]
boostkino.png
347KB, 1370x609px
>>
>>387495973
>boostkino
Oxymoron
>>
I just want sonic unleashed 2. Like, same exact engine and everything. The hedgehog engine seems to have gotten uglier as time went on
>>
>>387494735
DX looks like shit.
>>
>>387476936
>I think it's safe to say these games are the ultimate filters to causals for this franchise.
you're right, you'd have to be a real sonicuck to defend this shit
>>
>>387496316
>The hedgehog engine seems to have gotten uglier as time went on
The Hedgehog Engine is a lighting engine and it has significantly improved with Hedgehog Engine 2.
>>
>>387482440
>Implying they'll ever get a game after 06
>>
>>387497265
Thats funny because forces still looks worse than unleashed
>>
>>387496316
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku9QSCDiCJo
>>387498251
The blurry foliage in Forces reminds me of the same shit in Witcher 3. Must be an issue in new engines.
>>
>>387476936
I can't believe it's come to the point that they're just blaming players for not "getting" it.
Mania is everything people wanted and Adventure is everything that ruined the franchise to this point.
>>
>>387498438
it's one guy - adventure-autist. I don't think he ever played a 2D sonic because he's so underage
>>
>>387498251
That has nothing to do with the Hedgehog Engine you autist. The Hedgehog Engine is only a Lighting Engine...that's it.
>>
>>387498745
Lighting/graphics yes. Unleashed still looks better than anything after it, including forces
>>
>>387498829
>Lighting/graphics yes.
No only lighting not graphics. Holy shit are you fucking dense or what?
>>
>>387499076
Ok then. Every game using the hedgehog engine looks worst than the first iteration of it. Better?
>>
>>387499386
Yes.
The graphics being downgraded have nothing to do with the Hedgehog Engine

Reminder that Unleashed was running at Sub-HD(internal resolution was like 880x540 or something like that) and it was chugging like crazy at places like Adabat...especially in the PS3 version which was uncapped(it could sometimes hit 50-60fps like in Holoska but the 360 version was more stable).
Thread posts: 397
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.