[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Haven't played this in 2 years. Worth jumping in to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: kaka.jpg (7KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
kaka.jpg
7KB, 300x168px
Haven't played this in 2 years. Worth jumping in to fuck around in?
>>
Eh. Neh.
>>
>>387470691
I come back to it every season or so. Always lots of fun to play a new character, see what new legendaries and builds are available. New PTR patch is going to bump a few classes up, that looks cool.

It'll never be the days of Diablo 2 where I just played the one game for months and months on end, but that's not because D3 isn't great. It's just that there's a metric fuckton of good games out there now.
>>
>>387470886

Sounds good. After beating the campaign with the Necro, what do I do in the endgame. Apparently, they completely changed it?
>>
There has never been a game less rewarding than Diablo III.
>>
>>387470691
Depends on what you thought of it when you stopped playing, I've never hated it like a lot of people do so I come back every season or so for fun. Learning Necro has been interesting, about to get into the more melee-focused builds they have available which should be a change up from summon spam.
>>
>>387471092

Played with a group of 8 for a first year when it first came out. Had a blast, but there was nothing to do in the end game. Wondering if they made it interesting....
>>
Not worth. Get into Path of Exile instead.
>>
>>387470691

No.

They fucked up big time with Necromancers and caused most of the popular D3 streamers to move on to Path of Exile.
>>
>>387471168
I personally enjoy casual solo gameplay so I just do that in the game usually, but if you played with a lot of people it may not be as fun this time around, the progression meta is lame and overall it's just how long you can stand the grinding.
>>
>>387471168
It's mostly doing Challenge Rifts (basically where you get a set character and try to beat others' times), seeing how high you can complete in Greater Rifts, chasing ancients / primal ancients, etc. There's not really an "end game" in a game like this though.

>>387471172
Path of Exile has its own set of problems. Some people like it but I can't stand the gameplay.
>>
>>387471168
>but there was nothing to do in the end game.
That depends on how you feel about grinding. The end grind is thus.
>Go to adventure mode
>Do rifts
>Get some meh gear drops
>Use those gear drops to do greater rifts
>Get better gear drops
>Do greater rifts on higher difficulties for better gear drops
>Use those better gear drops to do even higher greater rifts levels
If that sounds boring to you, then there is always seasons, which just deletes your progress for one character until it ends, and you run through the base game again. And then there is act 5 added to the base game through RoS. Other than that, there really isn't any reason to play D3 unless you haven't played it in a long ass time.
>>
>>387471172

I like playing games, not having another window open worrying about min maxing.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.