[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any PC bro's excited for this? Excited for the beta? Anybody

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 155
Thread images: 30

File: Destiny-2-Official-Reveal-Art[1].jpg (518KB, 1900x1068px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny-2-Official-Reveal-Art[1].jpg
518KB, 1900x1068px
Any PC bro's excited for this? Excited for the beta? Anybody who's played the beta on consoles has anything to say about it? Are Destiny fans excited?

Destiny was just about the one franchise I wish was on PC, I switched from PS3/360 to PC sometime when Halo was still Bungie's focus and I miss that type of FPS. Raiding dungeons sounds like fun too, who hyped?
>>
File: 1476743608732.png (978KB, 886x757px) Image search: [Google]
1476743608732.png
978KB, 886x757px
Already bought the deluxe edition when I was tired, it better be fucking good
I assume I'll have fun for a few weeks atleast
>>
What's Blizzards/Battle.nets policy on refunds?
Could i refund after the beta?
>>
>>387463970

I like Borderlands and this seems like a more serious Borderlands so I'm on board.
>>
>>387464273
Nice, I pre-ordered the game + expansion pass. Looking at the Deluxe Edition, I think it was just some skins and a bonus gun. Thought that was meh, but I intended to buy it anyway.

>>387464409
I'll look that up and get back to you.

>>387464410
Yeah the idea is Borderlands inspired but it probably plays more like Halo than it does Borderlands.
>>
>>387464409
You can refund it up to 72 hours of owning it. They've yet to outline what the other condition will be. In Overwatch I believe it's also once you hit Level 5 that you can't refund it.
>>
>>387464781

>probably plays more like Halo than it does Borderlands.

I might like that more. It's the loot aspect I enjoy. I'm burned out on the click-fest that is Diablo and its clones, now I'm looking for something similar in a different genre. It ain't too bad in FPS.
>>
>>387463970
Didn't play the first one, but I'm pretty stoked for 2 coming to PC.

One thing I'm kinda worried about though is class identity. It seems like they all have a sub class with a super that dashes around meleeing, just different visuals.
>>
Does class matter a lot for getting into groups for shit, or does everything fit in everywhere for the most part?
>>
File: Destiny-2-Titan-Gear[1].jpg (237KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny-2-Titan-Gear[1].jpg
237KB, 1920x960px
>>387464982
Each class has two sub-classes. There are a lot of melee ones but also ranged ones.

I didn't play the first one either, I know on release it was missing content but eventually when they released expansion packs it got better, at least that's what some bro's told me that couldn't wait to get off work to play sdome Destiny.

>>387465082
You can be good at all three classes. Titan is the tank, Warlock is guns + magic, and Hunter is like a speedy gunman. And each class has sub classes. I haven't played the first Destiny but I assume that it won't matter for groups, there isn't going to be parts that are impossible because you don't have a class setup in your group. I bet it would help, but this isn't like an RPG or something.

I also saw that there is an open world with about four different planets and sidequests you can get from NPC's etc. so I think they're trying to launch it with a lot of the content ready rather than dropping an empty game again.
>>
>>387464934
>>387465451
>open world
oh no
>>
File: exotic ultra mode.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
exotic ultra mode.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>387463970
>Any PC bro's excited for this?
Not sure why you wouldn't be. No matter how shit people think Destiny is, it's still better than any other shooter/MMO out there (well The Division being the only other recent one doesn't help) or EarlyAccess BattleRoyale/Survival trash.

> Anybody who's played the beta on consoles has anything to say about it? Are Destiny fans excited?
There isn't anything to say from the beta. It's just 2 PvP maps and a single Strike (aka dungeon). It doesn't show the improvements that truly matter like progression, currency balance, how all the weekly locks will work, the open worlds and how relevant the activities in them will be, the Raid, and a lot of other subtle things that really matter in the long run.
The only thing people can take form the beta is weapon/ability balance (which already changed anyway) and how the gameplay feels (like Destiny1, just as expected)

>Raiding dungeons sounds like fun too, who hyped?
They are. The raid alone made the launch experience amazing for me even though the rest of the game was broken.
>>
File: destiny_2_1[1].jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
destiny_2_1[1].jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>387465646
just the single player campaign. there's lots of different game modes for online, from raids to strikes to straight up pvp.
>>
File: jWY5hpZEbyC4L9o3bUkYZR[1].jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jWY5hpZEbyC4L9o3bUkYZR[1].jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I'm just glad there's another FPS to play. Everyone mostly just plays CS:GO or Battlefield 1 it seems.
>>
>>387463970
I wish I could play on PC but I'm a poorfag console owner.

I'm just looking forward to it being my hang out with friends and grind game. Hoping it will scratch that itch at least until MH:world comes out.
>>
File: sparrow races when.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sparrow races when.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>387464982
On paper classes are very similar. Nothing compared to a standard RPG or MMO. There isn't a Berserker and a Necro which play 100% different.
But the jump alone is enough to distinguish the classes, since this is a FPS game. As a Warlock you feel reeeeally floaty and unconfortable if you played as a Titan before, and as a Hunter you need to get used to normal jumps instead of boosts/magic. Just from the way you move you get to feel a difference.
Of course there are other things like different grenades or specific gimmicks (Titans have a charge after sprinting, Hunters have a ranged melee via throwing knife, Warlocks are assholes, etc)
Again nothing as big as Diablo or Warframe, but it's there.

>>387465082
They matter in hard content like Raids, where you really want specific combos between classes, or Nightfalls (hard mode dungeons) especially if you are underleveled early on. For more casual play it doesn't really matter.

>>387465646
Nah, Destiny's mostly menu-based. It does have 3 open areas but it's not like WoW where everything but instances is connected. When you are in one of those open areas it kind of feels like an open world game, but you won't spend most of your time there.

>>387466093
>just the single player campaign
That's wrong, the worlds are MP too. In fact you'll get multiplayer sections sprinkled throughout the campaign - you get thrown into MP areas without noticing and suddenly you find yourself fighting among other players.
>>
>>387465838
What's the difference between raids and strikes?
>>
>>387463970
I think it's gonna be fun. It better have good mouse sensitivity options though. Hope to find some people to run with from here.
>>
>>387466871
Raids are longer 6-person dungeons that you have to assemble a group for, strike are shorter 3-person dungeons with matchmaking.
>>
Guys, non. No. Do not do this to yourselves. The games is unrepentant shit. Tight controls and aesthetics do not carry the game. Trust me. The world is empty. The missions are soulless. The raids are buggy shit. The pvp is a mess of balance. And they're somehow making it WORSE in 2.

Taking away your subclass customization, taking away your loadout options, increasing the CDs on all abilities so that you can't grind enemies down too fast. They're even copy pasting the horrid pvp balance changes into pve.

For the love of all that is holy DO NOT buy this game.
>>
>>387463970
I'm hesitant. Finding out the game only has 3 classes makes it seem like it will lack variety.

I'm waiting for the beta to see how well it runs though. I feel like we're in a bit of a drought for games right now so it'll be nice to play something.
>>
>>387466871
Raids:
>longer, 45min+
>6 people
>Good loot
stikes:
>3 people
>short, ~15min
>normal loot
>>
>>387467478
halo esque gameplay and aesthetics on PC = buy. most of us didn't play the original enough to get bored of it anyway, so all your complaints don't matter nearly as much as with someone coming back for another round after 500hrs. name another game we should be playing on pc instead of destiny 2 that fills a similar niche.
>>
File: Contract.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Contract.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>387466871
Same difference between a Raid and a Dungeon in a MMO.

One (Raids) is much harder, requires coordination and 6 players on voice chat. You can only complete it once per week (per character) so they make it hard. Oh, and there's a hard mode of the Raid, where you can't respawn during combat (team must wipe first) and bosses have more mechanics that cock-block you.
The other (Strikes) is a casual activity you do while sleeping (after a while) with 2 other players, no voice chat needed. The only exceptions are Nightfall Strikes, which are a weekly activity. Enemies have more health, do more damage, and there are random modifiers... although Nightfalls were MUCH harder in early Destiny days than they are now, so even this might be a semi-casual thing in Destiny2 a month after release when everyone is max level and has good gear.

>>387467478
> And they're somehow making it WORSE in 2.
Huh, I wasn't aware you could already play Patrols and Raids in Destiny2. Funny how you know all of that in advance, really makes me think.
>>
File: Galo posting.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Galo posting.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
>>387463970
>mfw someone out there was paid to promote a video game in a christian image board
Well, since I like the way you reply to other people, tell me more about it
>>
>>387467443
Weren't they supposed to add matchmaking to the raids this time since they fucked that up so bad last time?
>>
File: 1438035389185.png (462KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1438035389185.png
462KB, 640x480px
destiny cocksuckers are excited
they're regressing on some details and they haven't revealed enough about internal systems
be cautious you fucking retards or at least wait for consolefags to burn through the content before committing

console gets 2 months head start to comment on the amount of content in and what the internals will really be
>>
>>387467805
No. For one, they didn't fuck it up last time because matchmaking would be fucking terrible. Two, what they added was "guided games" where a clan with a group of 4 or 5 can look for 1-2 more people through a special interface.
>>
>>387467587
>>387467714

Coming from "raiding" in WoW, I can't wait til getting the top gear doesn't REQUIRE 20 something people scheduling multiple nights a week for hours at a time.

Also, what sort of rewards are there for pvp?
>>
>>387467843
blah blah blah who cares faggot, it's not like there's any serious competition for the game at this point. why are you so concerned with preventing people from buying shit?
>>
Destiny somehow manages to do loot and shoot worse than borderlands.

Let that sink in. Fucking MEMELANDS is the more engaging game of this genre.
>>
I didn't like the Gunslinger class, which was my favorite before. I'm still upset that tripmines don't stick. That brought that over. It can stick to any surface except organic...okay. Both Titans and Warlocks got abilities that buff allies...Hunters didn't. I know Hunters are supposed to be the "Lone Wolf" class, but I don't really like the ability they got.

Golden Gun is underpowered in beta. Apparently the other skill tree lets it do more damage, but in beta you only get the 6 shot one. It's alright in pvp, but since it's only 4v4 it can be a wasted super pretty fast.

Void titan was my favorite. You get a Captain America shield (by pressing super) or your bubble (by holding it). The shield can bounce off multiple enemies. It's amazing.
>>
>>387467971
So in other words, it still sucks.
>>
>>387468309
>PC mustard rice can't even organize into 6-person groups
>>
>>387468153
sure, if you enjoy terrible shooting mechanics, hideous art, and reddit humor, borderlands is your game.
>>
>>387467354
I'm hoping for FOV options, that's just about the only thing I've seen that really irks me, the console FOV.

>>387467785
I'm just some canuck. If Bungie is paying people to talk about Destiny 2 they sure are doing a fucking terrible job because I've seen nothing about it anywhere and nobodies talking about it.

>>387467843
I read somewhere that the PC beta will have more content than the console one. I can guarantee you that since I already pre-ordered it I'll probably end up making an honest thread saying how I felt. The least we could do is indeed be cautious.

>>387468153
Borderlands 2 is among the worst games I've ever played. The idea was good, but the aesthetic and plot etc. Was all awful. Bungie will definitely make it better than the first Destiny so, I'm excited regardless.
>>
File: speccy.png (24KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
speccy.png
24KB, 580x435px
Think I'll be able to run in on low settings?
>>
>>387468401
>hey, look at me with my straw man argument
>>
>>387463970

No. this is definitively console trash and to be honest it is for small minded people

>durr i shoot da ai monsters for 30 minutes
>hurr
>>
>>387468041
I care, faggot
you're a top retard if you preorder
you're a double top retard if you preorder a game before even seeing the full picture

it's shaping up to be worse than the first game, they didn't actually care about the feedback from their "beta", there are interviews implying they are behind schedule, it's less than 20 days before it comes out and they still haven't explained alot of things
you'll get fucking burned (again)
>>
>people think that D2 will be better
>after that beta

Fuck that. They've managed to suck what little fun was left out of the game. Only a fool would purchase this game.
>>
First game was okay, it severely lacked in content though. The only reason why I'm giving Destiny 2 a second chance is because it's coming to PC (Glorious 1080p and +120fps here I come). If it was exclusively for console I wouldn't care about it.
>>
>>387468429
>I read somewhere that the PC beta will have more content than the console one.
PC beta will have the same amount of content. One of the PvP modes will use a different map, and some balancing changes have been applied.
>>
>>387468463
>1600x900
Maybe. That's about all we can say until the beta. How old is that gpu?

Man I'm fucking happy that the i5 2500k I got in my rig is still good for gaming. Shits lasted me six years already.

>>387468516
The game is mostly multiplayer components, there's pvp. Are you implying anything PVE instantly means console trash? When I think console trash I just think horrible fov, fps, resolution, people using controllers for FPS, etc.
>>
>>387468463
660 is min
>>
>>387468672
I'm implying that games like this have 20 hours of gameplay stretched out to 5000 hours because you do the same "pve" shit a thousand times

its non-games for non-gamers and it is definitive consoletrash.
>>
>>387465082
Classes make very little difference. In the first game having a defender or two made most bosses vastly easier but that's the only one that made a big difference
>>
>>387468463
According to the system requirements from Blizzard, you're slightly above the minimum requirements.
>>
>>387468529
>they didn't actually care about the feedback from their "beta"
But that's wrong. They've explicitly said the cooldowns will be lower at launch, power ammo will drop more often in PvE, weapons will do more damage in PvE, and grenades will do much more damage in PvE. All of which were beta feedback.
>>
>>387465451
The titan is not like a tank. The armor stats make you survive like 10 more points of damage and any class can max out the stat anyway
>>
>>387468529
Mouse and keyboard alone makes it guaranteed to be better than the first game for me. I never got burned with the first game since I waited until it was complete and got the whole thing cheap. There's nothing wrong with preordering a game I'll definitely play for at least 50 hours. Besides, I got destiny 2 in a promotion so I didn't technically preorder it.
>>
>>387468672
Not him, but when I think console trash, I think COD and FIFA.
>>
File: Bath+time_562859_5279490.gif (1MB, 360x201px) Image search: [Google]
Bath+time_562859_5279490.gif
1MB, 360x201px
>>387467805
>since they fucked that up so bad last time?
But they didn't fuck up? They WOULD fuck raids up if they enabled matchmaking.
How new are you and have you never heard of LFR?

Destiny2 does have an in-game search system now though (that isn't matchmaking, which would ruin Raids)

>>387468037
>, I can't wait til getting the top gear doesn't REQUIRE 20 something people scheduling multiple nights a week for hours at a time.
To be fair, altough it's only 6 people, it's still 6 people, so some scheduling and prioritizing (if you have more than 6 friends) will happen.
Especially when a raid comes out and you do it for the first time. My first Raid took me about 14 hours over 3 days, for example, because we were learning its mechanics, searching for the hidden treasures and were underleveled/geared (which happens everytime you do it at launch)

After a handful of weeks most people will have good enough gear and understanding of Raid mechanics to do it in a couple of hours though.

>Also, what sort of rewards are there for pvp?
A currency to spend on vendors that rotate loot weekly, and random rewards at the end of each match.
Weapons in PvP are equalized, it doesn't matter if you're using a max level legendary or a level 5 blue weapon. Of course the differences in handeling, fire rate, damage per bullet, etc as well as specific gimmicks (more damage after reloading, and the such) still matter and some weapons will simply be better than others and thus more desirable for PvP, but that doesn't mean that they drop from PvP rewards. We need to wait and see which kind of META/TierList develops before asking further questions.
>>
I am buying it, but I really feel that its going to run out of shit just like Destiny 1. One raid at launch, strikes might not have replayability.
>>
>>387463970
Why would any of you retarded niggers willingly buy the same fucking game? Virtually nothing has changed, the same horrific UI and HUD is still the same for fuck sakes.
>>
I'll be trying out the beta, but it's pretty dumb that they decided to do this in the middle of the fucking week. Labor day weekend is shortly afterwards, why not then?
>>
>>387468897
that was already the case with their newer build
if wanted proper feedback they would have give the newer build to play on then adjusted that

not "oh yeah, we suspected that would be the case that's why our newer builds already actually feature that so it's going to be better at launch, promise! but have 5 more days of the same shit"
I bet some of the changes are still too drawn back, but how would anybody know and tell bungie before launch?
that feedback didn't mean shit
>>
>>387468617
>They've managed to suck what little fun was left out of the game

What in your eyes was that little fun.

>>387468529
>interviews implying behind schedule
>didnt care about feedback
Sources?
>>
Multiplayer gameplay looks more like Halo 4 than Reach. I'm not interested in CoD loadouts.
>>
>>387469381
I honestly hope Destiny 2 fails so Bungie can die. Bunch of lying cocksuckers that stopped a good sci-fi fps because they were tired of fps and their new shit is a bad sci-fi fps, what a fucking joke.
>>
>>387469271
You mean if I really liked the first one I'll like the second one? That's pretty good news, thanks for that.
>>
>>387469554
I mean if you feel like being a stupid nigger paying full price for the same exact shit go ahead. Back then a sequel to a game meant It's be different, refurbished refined with new content, gameplay and looks, not the same exact fucking game sold full price.
>>
>>387469518
>I honestly hope Destiny 2 fails so Bungie can die.
Yes, we know, it's obvious that you and a bunch of other people here want big studios to die. Every pre-order of a AAA game is a micro-aggression targeted specifically at you. You want the whole industry to collapse because you're a bitter piece of shit. We get it.
>>
>>387469518
Not him but when Microsoft finally gave Bungie free reign on Halo (ODST and Reach), they ended up making some of the worst Halo games in the series. I honestly wish Microsoft was on their case with those two games like they were with Halo 1-3. After ODST and Reach, I had a bad feeling that Destiny was going to suck too and I was right.
>>
>>387469438
>http://mashable.com/2017/06/29/destiny-2-loot-grind/#Z59aKGqiVgqd
>We have ideas. While I would like nothing more than to share those ideas with you, we're up against [a deadline]. I don't know if they'll make it for our Sept. 6 [release] date.
>>
File: 1502940361501.jpg (33KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1502940361501.jpg
33KB, 604x453px
>>387463970
>PConlyfags are falling for the Destiny meme

>>387464781
>but it probably plays more like Halo than it does Borderlands.

nope
>>
>>387469775
>What's wrong, you can't afford a bag of shit?

If you don't want to buy it, don't buy it. It's pretty simple man. Destiny 1 was pretty solid, why would they change it if it works?
>>
>>387469775
>refurbished refined with new content, gameplay and looks
But Destiny 2 does have all that? New engine with better lighting and particle effects, new enemies types, new enemy models, new subclasses, weapon system revamped, all new locations, new story campaign, etc...

It looks the same because it's a sequel on the same hardware; they're not going to radically alter the artstyle and gameplay for no reason.
>>
>>387469913
So they'll add it in patches and DLC. It's 2017 numbskull, this isn't the pre-360 age where a game is out and thats that.
>>
I never played Destiny 1. Is the story in this game going to confuse me or is there a recap of some sort?
>>
playing this console drivel is a disgrace to the pc.
>>
>>387470121
>But Destiny 2 does have all that? New engine with better lighting and particle effects, new enemies types, new enemy models, new subclasses, weapon system revamped, all new locations, new story campaign, etc...

None of that counts
>>
I'm playing the beta and buying it if it runs well on my older rig and it's fun. I have a couple of friends who might get it too otherwise I wouldn't bother.
>>
>>387469890
>free reign
Uh, dude, Microsoft gave them the opposite of free reign. Microsoft demanded they adhere to the contract, so Bungie had to pump out two more games without enough time to do a proper job. ODST was supposed to be $30 campaign exansion on the Halo 3 engine, but got bumped up to full price my Microsoft's greed.
>>
>>387470189
People who played the first game were confused with the story, from the sounds of it they're wanting a pseudo clean slate. I'd guess the game itself would catch you up on what happened.
>>
Is this thread just marketers replying to each other?
>>
>buying destiny 2 after the travesty that was destiny 1 at launch
>willingly submitting to pay for dlc out the ass

>meanwhile warframe is better in pretty much EVERY SINGLE WAY FOR FREE WITH A FREE OPEN WORLD EXPANSION THIS YEAR
>>
>>387470141
except they won't
they know the cocksucking and "hype" faggots on reddit will drown out any complaints till content is well exhausted
but they sure as hell will listen to the PvP complaints then nerf something which will then affect PvE
>>
>>387463970
What the hell is this shill thread?
>contractually obligated to have asstons of DLC
>microtransactions in a full price game that already has overpriced DLCs
>no Marty
>removed one of the actually interesting weapon slots to make room for a second generic handgun/assault rifle slot
>writing on par with the worse Marvel movies
>no Marty
>movement slowed down even further from D1's base
>"go to location A to fight off 3 waves of enemies, then go to location B and press X to receive ghost dialogue" repeat 50 times for a second game
>no fucking Marty
>class customization stripped down to a single A or B choice plus jump and grenades
>"exotic" weapons even more bland and boring than they were the first time, can't make them interesting because it would unbalance their precious PvP
>how the fuck do you fire Marty O'Donnell?
How can anyone other than a braindead fanboy be excited for this?
>>
>>387470196
>only the UI and HUD matter.
>>
>>387470379
is it still better if I want to shoot stuff in first person or pvp? I doubt it.
>>
>>387470196
>>
>>387470263
I already know about all that, but ODST and Reach were when Bungie made the Halo games they wanted. Bungie considered both games as their best games that they enjoyed working on compared to Halo 1-3. Both games have everything they wanted to put in Halo 1-3 even though those ideas in those two games sucked. After Halo 3 they were tired of Halo and the Master Chief so with ODST and Reach, they started experimenting.
>>
>>387470478
Destiny's pvp was just as shallow and casual as call of duty, why anyone would play that garbage is beyond me.

I got burned buying destiny 2 plus it's launch dlc, never again, Bungie is a hollow fucking cashgrab shell of it's former self
>>
>>387470121
>revamped weapon system
*worse weapon system
*PvP-oriented weapon system
compared to D1, you're weak as shit with 2 pea shooters and 1 dedicated damage dealer (compared to 1 pea shooter and 2 dedicated damage dealers in D1)
>>
>>387467478
>the world is empty
We've seen one mission, one strike, and the hub was released for a few hours on the last day of the beta with no NPCs on purpose
>the missions are soulless
Again, we've had one mission. You're making gigantic assumptions
>raids are buggy
They haven't even released the raids on 2 and on 1 the raids worked well, there were bugs sure but they were more like exploits at worst.
>pvp is a mess
People say pvp is great because it's less about super and ability spam and actually gun play
They already mentioned how they heard about the CD times being too long and are adjusting that. You're talking 100% out of your dick hole.

Don't listen to this dick sucker, play the beta and form your own opinion.
>>
>>387470546
Personally, ODST is one of my favorite campaigns, and at $30 it would have been appropriately priced. Reach I don't care for, but a lot of people liked it.
>>
>>387470379
What's Warframe? I'm gonna look it up but sell me on it.

>>387470425
Who is marty?

Why do you fucks WANT games to fail? I'm so fucking bored I can only play shit like CS:GO so much before getting bored cause there's no progression.
>>
>>387469980
>I've never played a second of Destiny in my life I just hate it because the big boys at /v/ told me to so maybe I'll be cool like them.
>>
>>387470189
D1 story wasn't set up well really. All you need to know is that it takes place after a post apocalyptic event fucked up humanity in the middle of a true golden age. This golden age was brought on by a mysterious white orb above the planet, who was trapped by some mysterious force during this event and used its power to ressurect dead people, space people, and Androids into amnesiac immortal soldiers to protect the rest of humanity and the orb from multiple enemy races.
>>
>>387463970
Yeah, I had fun with Destiny at first, then stopped playing and came back when TTK was released and the game hit it's peak. Things were top notch then, if they can replicate that then I'm looking forward to playing this on PC.
>>
File: shills.png (401KB, 930x960px) Image search: [Google]
shills.png
401KB, 930x960px
>>387470302
yeah
expect more leading up to
>>
>>387470614
right so I guess I'll take destiny afterall. at least i can take my pve gear and pwn some newbs, instead of warframe where it's apparently a grind so you can grind.
>>
>>387468974
>But they didn't fuck up? They WOULD fuck raids up if they enabled matchmaking.
>How new are you and have you never heard of LFR?
>Destiny2 does have an in-game search system now though (that isn't matchmaking, which would ruin Raids)

You guys and your fucking straw man arguments. I'm not arguing in favor of a matchmaking system for raids. Raiding already sucked in D1 and I was just asking if they did it since M.E. Chung said it was under consideration.
>>
File: 1490328534395.jpg (373KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490328534395.jpg
373KB, 600x600px
>>387470758
>blatant shilling
>>
>>387463970
I don't know about excited, but I'm definitely going to play the everliving shit out of this.
>>
File: cmonbruh.png (100KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
cmonbruh.png
100KB, 300x300px
>>387470780
>Who is Marty

He was the composer for Halo 1 - Reach. They fired him during the development of Destiny.
>>
File: shit.jpg (14KB, 918x64px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
14KB, 918x64px
>>387470856
>Destiny is an unknown game which is only available on one platform
>you haven't played it senpai!
>>
>>387470952
OP here, I've never seen a Destiny 2 thread yet on /v/. If they're really that popular, my bad. I don't care if people buy it or not, I'm just weirded out that irl nobody has said a fucking word about it.
>>
>>387470780
>Who is marty?
https://youtu.be/6AXUiCMpRY8?t=4m15s
Destiny will never sound this good again.

Also, see the entirety of the Halo series soundtrack up to and including Reach.
>>
>>387471040
>I have no possible recourse or response to those points uhhhh I'll post an anime picture and claim shilling.
Pathetic.
>>
>>387471069
Unfortunate. He probably was costing too much money. Which sucks for us for sure.
>>
>>387470780
>Why do you fucks WANT games to fail?
I don't want games to fail. I want BAD games to fail. I want games with terrible monetization practices to fail. I want Destiny to fail.
>>
File: 1160616685054.jpg (84KB, 387x537px) Image search: [Google]
1160616685054.jpg
84KB, 387x537px
>>387471569
>I don't want games to fail
>I want Destiny to fail
>>
>>387471494
He was fired for trash-talking executive meddling by Activision.
>>
>>387463970
It was exactly the same as the first game. Avoid.
>>
>>387471274
fuck off shill
>>
>>387472020
Well Activision meddling is what ruined Destiny 1's story. So good on him for having a back bone.
>>
I want to get it but I'll have nobody to raid with.
>>
>>387470780
>Why do you fucks WANT games to fail?
be realistic
Bungie + Acti (Blizz) + Sony threesome will fuck something up again
>>
File: 1329720499012.png (4KB, 302x237px) Image search: [Google]
1329720499012.png
4KB, 302x237px
>>387470425
>no Marty

Except they have Michael Salvatori, who is the real talent.
>>
>>387470379
Not everyone enjoys korean-tier grinding
>>
File: 1389592002133.jpg (55KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1389592002133.jpg
55KB, 560x407px
>>387463970

Not particularly. The first one was seriously lacking in content on release, and I see no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt the second time around.

I'll wait for a couple content patches and then we'll see.
>>
Are any other lorefags scared Bungie is throwing out the cool world-building the grimoire cards laid out in the first game in favor of Nathan Fillion's Avenger-esque quips?
>>
>>387473790
What were the grimoire cards?
>>
>>387463970
Not that excited but my group of friends is probably going to buy it and I'll end up spending 40€ on a game I don't like as I did for Overwatch
>>
>>387473919
Bunch of lore stuff that, instead of being in the game, you had to go to Bungie's website or use the mobile app to read after you find them in the game.
>>
>>387473919
Descriptions and short stories arranged as "cards" you unlocked by doing different things in the game, that could be read on the bungie website or the companion app. Most of the worldbuilding story stuff was in them.
>>
File: tSujngo.png (296KB, 842x693px) Image search: [Google]
tSujngo.png
296KB, 842x693px
>>387473919

http://destiny-grimoire.info/

A collection of digital cards that you unlocked throughout the game that gave you information about various Destiny locations/events/characters etc.
>>
>>387474073
Which hardly anyone did.
>>
>>387473790
I don't mind the quips,but yeah, I am worried. I'm thinking there will be still a lot of room for speculation and lore given they still do flavor text for items at the least. Doing that requires at least some kind of for thought and planning, r-right?
>>
>>387463970
it's an 60USD expansion
>>
File: 1471660245944.jpg (80KB, 640x539px) Image search: [Google]
1471660245944.jpg
80KB, 640x539px
>>387474182

Yeah, the devs fucked up by not putting it in game. There was some great stuff in there, especially everything to do with Oryx.

>mfw video game logic trumps sword logic
>>
File: 1490008503425.jpg (45KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
1490008503425.jpg
45KB, 663x579px
>no Bad Juju
>no Ice Breaker mk. II
>no Khvostov

who was your gunfu?
>>
File: 1380545773464.png (34KB, 201x160px) Image search: [Google]
1380545773464.png
34KB, 201x160px
>>387474150
>>387474312

>mfw an early grimoire card has Ikora Rey ponder why the Vex (a machine race) would choose to form a religious hierarchy
>A later grimoire card released in The Taken King reveals that the Vex encountered the Hive somewhere else in the universe and emulated their society because it was the most efficient way to take over the universe
>>
Kind of I guess. I never played Destiny, and all I wanted was Halo Borderlands. Instead we got really really grindy Halo that's more like an MMO with grinding for incremental stat increases instead of playing through a real story.
>>
>>387463970
I used to own first game, didn't play much so I'm not very exited to get second on PC.

Bigger question I have is, does it only have 4v4 multiplayer?
>>
>>387474494

Red Death. I know it got nerfed after Year 2 but that thing was a beast.

It fell into that perfect spot of being one of the best weapons without being labeled as OP (like the holy trinity of Hand Cannons) so you didn't catch shit for using it.
>>
>>387474565
Who the fuck is talking to the Guardian inthe cards about Oryx being defeated/killed? Is it Oryx's Worm?
>>
>>387474751

Standard MP was 8v8.
The iron banner or whatever was 4v4.
>>
>>387475538

If you chose to take the grimoire as literal exchanges of dialogue within Destiny then I guess it being Oryx' worm would make the most sense.

If you think the grimoire as metaphorical tales then it could be the embodiment of "the deep" that is speaking.
>>
>>387475538

You mean this one?

https://www.destinypedia.com/Grimoire:Activities/Raids#King.27s_Fall

That's Toland. He's a Hive fanboy.
>>
File: 1501394256080.gif (1MB, 284x490px) Image search: [Google]
1501394256080.gif
1MB, 284x490px
I'm excited but I played destiny 1.

Kinda wish I could have my Stormcaller warlock back already. Or that they made a 4th class to shake shit up.
>>
I bought the base game. I know destiny is a game you cant really play without the expansions though. They're already wanting $30 for the first pass and I'm sure there will be another ttk style expansion for $40 so it's a lot of money to have to invest if the game isn't fun.
>>
>>387464409
Or you could just wait a day when it drops and then play the beta for free.
>>
I have zero interest in any online multiplayer-only vidya. Maybe if you could play it over LAN I'd give a shit.
>>
>>387470780
>Who's Marty?
>What's Warframe?
How old are you
>>
>>387463970
As someone who has almost a months worth of time in D2, I'm only excited for it in the sense that I can't wait to raid with my group again ever since the old raids got stale in D1, but the game itself is shit and I hate the fact that I'm stuck playing this instead of other, much better games. At the very least I got them to move to PC instead of Xbox
>>
>>387475763
>Standard MP was 8v8.
>The iron banner or whatever was 4v4.
????????????????
>>
>>387476415
>they took my self res and gave me floaty titan hammers instead
what the fuck is happening to warlocks
>>
>>387477259
not everyone sits on /v/ every day

you do it in highschool and then you grow up and start falling out of loop
>>
>>387477716
Or, you know, you just actually play video games.
>>
File: 1320870383388.jpg (32KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
1320870383388.jpg
32KB, 400x320px
>>387464982
>D1 Striker's Fist of Havoc was a massive slam dunk nuke
>D2 Striker Fists is now a roaming super and can do slams and one shot kill tackles
>Cept the new slams have a fucking TINY aoe and the tackle can't combo so you can't dodge around with the first couple hits
>Meanwhile Sentinel gets a combo for zigzaging, a toss for a ranged kill and can block golden gun shots
>Poledancer hunters get combos for zigzag and can slam for a small aoe if midair too, better than strikers in every way but the activation slam
>The original justification for this fucking travesty was "lmao all supers roaming supers now"
>Meanwhile Voidwalkers still get their single shot nuke
>Oh and shoulder charge doesn't oneshot now and lighting nades have an inital charge up
>Skating is kill too
Lightning man was the most fun subclass of all and now he's just a broken boring husk of his former self. At least Sentinel is cool and my favorite subclasses for the other classes aren't gutted. They need to give strikers the Sentinal treatment, hold your super button to do the one-off big slam.
>>
I'm looking forward to it as I enjoyed the first game even though I was playing on PS3. apparently this time the game is going to have a lot more launch content than the first game, which is good because that was my big complaint about it.
>>
I hated what Destiny 1 was after I'd played up to the VoG. Looking at the pre-release hype and info is such a disappointment. The story being trashed, the writer and composer being let go, and pretty much all the DLC bring on-disk. It was a mess of a fucking game and I bought an Xbox One for the cunting thing.

I played the Destiny 2 beta and actually really liked the slower paced PVP, the strike was alright and all the new open world activities look promising, so I'm cautiously looking forward to it. I'll give the PC beta a try as well.

Don't fall for the hype, this game will be alright to good at best.

t.halo 3 fag

/blogpost
>>
>>387474275
>an
lmao
>>
>>387479065
>Don't fall for the hype, this game will be alright to good at best.
shit, well I guess if it's not gonna be the perfect GOAT 10/10 game then yeah... what's the point?
>>
>>387478363
>>Oh and shoulder charge doesn't oneshot now and lighting nades have an inital charge up
I think if shoulder charge had its window of opportunity shortened, or in some other way adjusted, to make it harder to use, one shotting would be fine.
But Bungie are aiming for abilities to be weak in D2 pvp; they want things to be more focused around standardized, "competitive" gunplay. Which is cool I guess, but fucking sucks for anyone that enjoyed D1 for its rpg mechanics--you know, the one thing it had separating itself from other fps ilk.
The lightning grenade change was just to bring it in line with other grenades. What other grenade in the game can instantly hit for more than half of a guardian's health?
>>
File: ginger.png (18KB, 205x267px) Image search: [Google]
ginger.png
18KB, 205x267px
>>387476604
There will be a open beta at launch?
>>
>>387480632
closed beta (for pre-orderers) starts on the 28th, open beta starts 28th and lasts for a few days afterwards
>>
>>387480632
>>387480879
open beta starts on the 29th I mean, my bad
>>
>>387480956
>>387480879
Noice, on steam or where? Sorry for ignorance, never cared about destiny until I saw the word free.
>>
File: 2017-08-17 22-59-29.webm (3MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
2017-08-17 22-59-29.webm
3MB, 480x360px
This is Bungie I know. What you got right there is souless, frivolous, and greedy.
>>
>>387481181
the battle.net launcher that blizzard games use. that's what the full game will be on as well
>>
>>387481421
Cheers m8, guess I can look into heroes of the storm until then.
Thread posts: 155
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.