[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come we never talk about Hoodlum Havoc? I see the occasional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 9

File: Rayman_3.jpg (43KB, 256x317px) Image search: [Google]
Rayman_3.jpg
43KB, 256x317px
How come we never talk about Hoodlum Havoc?
I see the occasional Rayman 2 thread, but I always preferred 3.
Not to mention this game has an amazing soundtrack and pretty good writing and voice acting.
>>
3D rayman was a mistake.
>>
File: 1495484611203.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1495484611203.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>387458134

>pretty good writing and voice acting

Maybe in native French, but the English dub was fucking atrocious. Murphy was both annoying and unfunny.
>>
>>387458191
The 2D one is the worst of the trilogy
> 3D Was a mistake
What did you mean by this
>>
>>387458134
It's been too long since I played 3...

I remember the first levels, some bitch witch you have to fight, the final boss that turns into a flying giant.

But what's stuck to me the most was that arena fight between some giant with a staff. I also remember it had great music, kino fight. What was that guy called?

That said, Rayman 2 is still the best. The decaying atmosphere of a world under attack and the great music and level variety was just too good. It felt like a long adventure that had everything, one that you didn't want to end.
>>
*blocks ur path*
>>
>>387458454
When i played Rayman 2 i had a shitty second hand memory pak that didnt work and wouldnt save properly.
I had to start from the beginning every time i played, and eventually got so good at finishing the first half so quickly i eventually beat the game in one sitting. Its just normal when youre a kid.
>>
>>387458454
That was Reflux the Knaaren. Great fight. He gave up his immortality for power. Super good music too.
>>
Knaarens were fucking dark.
>>
>>387459014
SIGN HIM BAD CHECKS
>>
>>387458743
Yup, that's it, thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcEAhmBv7XQ

>>387458618
To be fair I can't imagine beating the game in one sitting. I used to play it little by little for weeks, I think I was too small and hadn't learned to use the internet. I remember I couldn't understand the language in the game because there was no translation for my euro country, and couldn't figure out I had to get the potion from that creepy one-eyed guy in the dream world to continue. So I got stuck for days going through every level until I figured it out. Language barriers are harsh.
>>
R3 is the weakest of the rayman games, but it's still decent

>>387458191
then you have faggots like these denying the greatness of rayman 2
>>
>>387459014
>lighthearted platformer becomes a stealth horror game
>>
>>387459014
>>387459257
Knaarens were EXTREMELY dark. They would break skulls and eat the brains of people. The stealth sections were scary as sh it.
>>
File: 14242189052701.gif (963KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
14242189052701.gif
963KB, 300x250px
>>387458134
I liked 3 quite a bit.
>It's a funkyboard level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKMhmxSQg88
>>
>>387459427
Yeah they taunt you while you hide. I'm never replaying this game
>>
>>387458467
Hated that teleporting fucker so much but on the other hand he had the best theme in the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tDKQTgz76s
>>
File: JoeIntro.png (31KB, 316x200px) Image search: [Google]
JoeIntro.png
31KB, 316x200px
>>387458373
>The 2D one is the worst of the trilogy
>t. babyman who couldn't even beat Blue Mountains, much less The Cave of Skops
>>
File: no.png (33KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
33KB, 128x128px
>>387460048
i don't want to eat at joe's
>>
File: rayman 3 murphy.jpg (51KB, 468x263px) Image search: [Google]
rayman 3 murphy.jpg
51KB, 468x263px
>>387458134
>tfw "see you in Rayman 4!"

That said, Origins and Legends were top-tier. I'd say Legends > Origins > Revolution/2 > 3 > [/spoiler]Rabbids[/spoiler] > 1.

1 is the only one I don't really like. It's challenging but not engaging, if that makes sense?

3 on the other hand definitely deserves more appreciation. It builds up from 2 in nice ways and has some solid platforming. Stuff like running through the sniper's house, funkyboarding, that ghost tower, pretty much everything with the Knaaren. The story's basic but good too imo.

I'm honestly not sure why 3 didn't hit more critical acclaim. The protagonist was plain and it had a few bugs but not more so than any other mascot platformer at the time.
>>
File: rayman-raving-rabbids-dancing.jpg (50KB, 800x517px) Image search: [Google]
rayman-raving-rabbids-dancing.jpg
50KB, 800x517px
>>387460452
>fucked up the spoilers

Screw it /v/, I shouldn't be ashamed. I liked that first Rabbids game. Those minigames were hit and miss but generally pretty fun.
>>
>>387460676
First Rayman Raving Rabbids had me laughing like crazy when I was 8
Was very disappointed in the lack of adventure the game had though and I got stuck cus the PS2 controller was obviously not the intended way to play
>>
File: tily.png (281KB, 596x774px) Image search: [Google]
tily.png
281KB, 596x774px
>>387458134
I enjoyed 3 and its retarded humor, but I feel like 2 had more charm and better gameplay, and I was more into the insane robot pirate aesthetics than whatever the hoodlums were going for. Plus I didn't give a fuck about the annoying combo score system, I'd rather try to collect the thousand lums.

Anyway, Rayman M (arena) was my shit and probably the one I played the most. I'd always play as Teensies or the loli fairy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJSG0RFt_5Q
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.