[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the fighting game community the only amusing professional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: file.png (358KB, 691x359px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
358KB, 691x359px
Why is the fighting game community the only amusing professional scene out there?

It seems that the fgc are the only pro gamers who know how to have fun and banter these days. Everything else feels soulless.
>>
>>387456948
Be honest, are you actually aware of other "communities" or did you just feel like talking out of your ass because you thought it would make for an interesting shitposting thread?
>>
this

Every other "e-sports" scene is gay as fuck.
>>
Most fg tourneys aren't held by the makers of the game, unlike mobas, fps etc.
>>
>>387456948
It's not amusing at all, those two are far from mainstream, DSP as well. Rest are asiatic robots and niggers in keyboard manufacturer's shirts. Also the games are jewy and gameplay is shit.
>>
because chads play fighting games and neckbeards play everything else.
>>
>>387457234
>What is Smash Melee?
Even though I'm more of a Street Fighter guy, you can't deny that the Smash Melee community is great.
>>
>>387457408
I'm chad and I play whatever I want
>>
Most of the people who are high level grew up playing in arcades which is a different kind of atmosphere that the FGC loves. You won't get that kind of shit from CS:GO or Dota because they all rose up playing with a computer screen in front of them in a dimly lit room by themselves. In arcades, you had tons of people watching you play, getting excited, and then when you beat the motherfucker, you had to look him in the eyes and either show respect or talk shit. Since arcades thrive in cities which have a more urban tone, talking shit was more common, but there was a level of respect between all the players. No other gaming community can achieve that since none of them are based off actual physical interaction with people, except maybe the rhythm game scene in Japan and Korea.
>>
File: Quake_III_Arena_logo2.png (32KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Quake_III_Arena_logo2.png
32KB, 256x256px
>>387456948
It's not it's just that all the autist's play them. Mobas are boring. The only normal and respectable professional esport are arena shooters.
>>
>>387457419

The Melee community is one of the worst out there. They try so hard to be like all the other fighting game communities, but they are all fucking babies as soon as you talk shit about them. Go to any Melee thread or YouTube video and try to make a comment talking shit about Melee. You will get berated. As soon as Melee players can learn how to handle trash talk, I'll accept that they are a good community, but until then, they are all a bunch of pussies.
>>
WHO BITCH THIS IS
>>
>>387457731
>Go to any Melee thread or YouTube video and try to make a comment talking shit about Melee. You will get berated.

I gotta be honest, I feel like this would happen to you for any game.
>>
>>387456948
soulless is a good thing you fucking retard

take your ecelebs and drama bullshit and go fucking kill yourself
>>
>>387458143
>soulless is a good thing
>>
>>387456948
The scene evolved out of arcades, and not in online environments or tournaments curated and controlled by publishers. You couldn't get banned from your local arcade by Capcom, Namco, Akklaim, etc, for being toxic.

Though capcom is really trying their damndest to stamp out thuggery so they can bring in bigger sponsors like Bud Light.
>>
Because FGC is pretty much the WWE. Even the fighting is fake.
>>
Speedrunning community is far more recognizable and respected than any other gaming community, specially the fighting one.
>>
File: 1497608270708.png (66KB, 588x570px) Image search: [Google]
1497608270708.png
66KB, 588x570px
STINKY DAY
>>
>>387456948
most are manchildren, like those two retards in the pic.

that's what you get when you mixed over inflated sense of pride, arrogance and a manchild brain.
>>
>>387456948
Because it's not dominated by mentally ill, socially awkward chinks and cake boy, nu-beard whities.
>>
File: lmao.png (455KB, 886x655px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.png
455KB, 886x655px
>>387456948
>>387456948

TOP 10 anime death battles
>>
>>387456948
It's awful, you must be a retard.
>>
>>387457625
>Arena shooters.
Ded.

Next.
>>
File: PON.jpg (111KB, 563x752px) Image search: [Google]
PON.jpg
111KB, 563x752px
>>387456948
Don't worry bro, with Capcom pushing the Disney and ESPN shit you'll be doing it soon too. Cammy already isn't allowed to have her DEFAULT, ICONIC, TWENTY YEAR OLD costume in top tournaments.
>>
>>387458232
>wanting eceleb drama

kill yourself
>>
>>387457419
they do provide lots of laughs
like when one took a shit in a hot tub
>>
File: file.png (156KB, 316x345px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
156KB, 316x345px
>>387458291
>
>>
File: 1454597463420.png (54KB, 652x459px) Image search: [Google]
1454597463420.png
54KB, 652x459px
SALAD DODGIN

How do LTG or AvoidingThePuddle have any fans?
>>
>>387458291
This is bait.
>>
>>387458291
>recognizable and respected
did you mean to type "autistic"?
>>
PLEASE BUY GG
>>
File: Scary Demon.png (230KB, 412x549px) Image search: [Google]
Scary Demon.png
230KB, 412x549px
>>387458291
>Speedrunning community is far more recognizable and respected than any other gaming community
>>
>>387458707
LTG is kinda like the retard villain of a kid's show

You can't help but like him for his retard antics.
>>
>>387458707
>hating on ATP
Get that bong water out of your head, stoner
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.