[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started playing pic related, bought it on a whim. This

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: star.jpg (362KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
star.jpg
362KB, 1000x563px
Just started playing pic related, bought it on a whim.

This feels like a remake/remaster of a classic JRPG from the PS1-PS2 era that I missed, and I'm loving every second of it.

Fun and colorful designs, cheesy character archetypes and dialogue, etc. It's a fucking shame unless Persona or FF is on the box these days a JRPG gets totally ignored. A game doesn't have to be a 10/10 AAA to be worth playing does it?

What other classic-style JRPGs are getting released under the radar that I'm missing out on? Thoughts on pic-related?
>>
>>387449423
DragonQuestXI will be pretty much that.
>>
>>387449423
That game is fucking terrible though
>>
I liked it too, it's nothing special but the private actions are some of the the best things in JRPGs ever.
Also hot females, runs well, looks alright to great depending on hte area etc
>>
File: upywuxl3slyy.jpg (2MB, 2000x1414px) Image search: [Google]
upywuxl3slyy.jpg
2MB, 2000x1414px
>>387449423
Trails in the Sky series is incredible. Very nostalgic feeling. Charming characters, deep lore.

Trails of Cold Steel is also good. Much more modern feeling, but still a fine addition to the Trails series.
>>
>>387449628
Not to me, not so far. Though I'm only about 5 hours in. Feels like pretty fun to me. Is something going to change?

>>387449724
A large part of the appeal is that the game just looks sleek. It feels good to run around in.

Don't know much about Private Actions, what are they? So far it just seems like a 1 on 1 character interaction.
>>
>>387449781
How does one get started with this series? Are any of them related?
>>
>>387449781
>Trails in the Sky
I really wish people would stop recommending boring world-building:the game
>>
>>387449423
There's plenty of weebshit coming out. I'll never have to play a Western game again. The PS4 is shaping up nicely.

Anyway the coming months I've planned to go through

Digimon cyber sleuths
Root letter
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception

There are not enough hours in a day.

SO5 is a fine game game, shame that the series is dead. SquareEnix didn't give TriAce a budget.
>>
>>387449423
Your opinion on it will change if you play any of the other SOs.
>>
>>387449829
Basicly optional dialouges, but there're pretty much infinite of them. You can go back to pretty much every single town after every single yet so saml lstory event even after making a bit of progress and all characters will have new dialouge. Gives them a lot more depth and sometimes you even get new skills
>>
>>387450393
Not that guy, but i still liked it after playing 1 and 2 even though they're better.
If i would suddenly hate games in a series just because other games are better i'd hate 99% of games

But this is /v/ after all where only 10/10 or 0/10 total shit exists
>>
>>387450393
I played Till the end of Time, but that's it. Is it very different?

>>387450282
The series is dead now? What a shame, how do we know this

I'm not really a VN or monster capture kinda guy. Anything that's too heavy on the "cute anime girl" end of the spectrum and I can't play much of it.

>>387450452
Sounds fuckin' sweet. I'll get a way to fast travel soon, I hope?
>>
>>387450638
Yeah, you'll get a good old airship
>>
File: 1495603280764.jpg (3MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1495603280764.jpg
3MB, 2000x2000px
>>387449918
The series is one long linear storyline. The beginning is Trails in the Sky, and its sequels: SC, and The 3rd. Then the plot diverges to two scenarios: Zero/Ao no Kiseki, and Trails of Cold Steel.

I recommend you start with Sky, as it is the foundation of the series. Zero/Ao have no official localization, only sketchy fan translations. Coldsteel is the latest scenario in the series, with Coldsteel 3 coming out in Japan next month.
>>
>>387450029
Unironically this. Mediocre combat, cliche characters and WORDS WORDS WORDS just to say the simplest things or even make the player know the characters know they've pressed a button that activated something in the dungeon is fucking infuriatingly boring.

Every single other JRPGs manages what Trails took 2 to do while also being much more enjoyable.
>>
SO5 sucked for me because it felt like they took the characters from the previous games, squashed them together, and then beat out everything that made them unique and fun.
>>
>>387449423
I played for like 20 hours and I couldn't do it anymore, having 8 fucking characters on the screen at the same time takes off any kind of challenge, combat is what killed it for me oh and the bumpy camera
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.