[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Own Windows >Abandon PC gaming for a decade in favor of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: Microsoft.jpg (231KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft.jpg
231KB, 800x450px
>Own Windows
>Abandon PC gaming for a decade in favor of consoles
>Competitor seizes the PC market from under them
>Forced to go back to PC on Competitor's platform
>Refuse to port games PC players actually want
>Botch launch of the next gen console
>Competitor dominates console market
>Destroy any value the console had by canceling every game shown
>Introduce sub-4K "upgraded" console to be sold at a loss

I don't understand how any company can fuck up this bad.
>>
GFWL & Xbox play anywhere /thread.
>>
>Competitor seizes the PC market from under them
lol wut
>>
The consoles are "dying" slowly but surely and microsoft realised that, and don't want to btfo when they do eventually die.

Sony have probably realised it aswell due to the ps4 pro being a thing
>>
>>387428950

Probably talking about steam. MS could have had control of it if they didn't abandon pc completely for xbox. In fact it was retarded that they lost that market completely on their own OS.
>>
>>387429017
consoles are selling better than ever

xbone is outpacing the 360
>>
>>387428852
>PC market

Lol what? Normies don't fucking play PC games nigga, its a niche group of about a million people compared to the tens of millions that buy consoles
>>
>>387429059
oh okay, i thought he meant everyone moved to linux or something
>>
serious question: wouldn't it be a good idea for MS to make their own steam with Halo, Gears and Forza as an attraction ?
>>
>microsoft is run by retards
wow shocking news.
>>
>>387429428
Isn't already the case since 2007?
>>
>>387429428
They're pretty dumb for not creating a Blizzard-like launcher for their games. Instead, you have to find and download them off the Windows store while sifting through mobile games and uncurated apps only to then launch them in a separate, cluttered Xbox app. The Xbox ecosystem on PC is shit and makes you not want to even bother with it.
>>
>>387429245
>Normies don't fucking play PC games nigga
then who buys all the Truck- Farm- Train- simulator games?
They sell like hotcakes internationally, especially in the US, home of consoleplebs.
>>
File: really gets those neurons firing.png (224KB, 2534x1288px) Image search: [Google]
really gets those neurons firing.png
224KB, 2534x1288px
>>387429245
>of about a million people
>>
>>387429245
>its a niche group of about a million people compared to the tens of millions that buy consoles
>Niche group
Lol what you are right about normalfags though they are the biggest market on consoles which is why games like CoD, Madden, and FIFA are consistently top sellers on Xbone/PS4. Microsoft finally realized PC gamers will never play their games on console they are also very easy to port to PC because of UWP and the Xbone running a stripped down W10. Its just money on the table for them to not port.
>>
>>387429428
They already do with the windows store but it was doomed from the start by being W10 exclusive.
>>
>>387432197
What is GWFL? How new?
>>
>>387429245
Steam has more concurrent users than PlayStation Online & Xbox LIVE combined. It also has more active users (i.e. users who log in monthly with one or more purchases) than both services separately.

That is JUST Steam. We aren't even talking about Blizzard-only fags or people who only play MMOs and Nexon titles.

The console market is growing increasingly niche. Pretty soon only small companies like Nintendo will be able to survive with dedicated hardware as profitable.
>>
File: Pajeet.jpg (92KB, 498x697px) Image search: [Google]
Pajeet.jpg
92KB, 498x697px
>Using Windows
>>
File: big_superdata_report.jpg.jpg (72KB, 980x548px) Image search: [Google]
big_superdata_report.jpg.jpg
72KB, 980x548px
>>387433790
No it does include F2P revenue, but it only accounts for 18.6 billion of the 35.8 billion for PC revenue. So PC gaming is still considerably larger.
>>
>>387429245
Wait then who are all the people playing PUBG?
>>
>>387429245
Sick bait
>>
>>387433823
I like this image, but why use any other OS for gaming unless you have some sort of incompatibility fetish? There's probably good reason to not use it as your main OS, but compatibility for any other OS is an afterthought with most games.
>>
>>387433661
PC made 35,8 bucks
Consoles made 6,6 BILLION.
PC cucks cant compete.
>>
>>387434657
It depends what sort of gamer you are.
If you're the guy who absolutely has to buy every new title for $60 on release, then yeah you need Windows.
If you're the sort who obsesses over a few games then Linux isn't that bad.

Civilization, Kerbal Space Program, Stellaris, Dirt Rally, etc.
I've got a backlog of games just on Linux, and that's even attempting to limit myself.
>>
File: 1200011653032.jpg (18KB, 354x382px) Image search: [Google]
1200011653032.jpg
18KB, 354x382px
>>387435627
19 games in my backlog. I'm using Linux Mint.
Would be easier just to uninstall all of them. Clean the table. Start anew.
>buy more games
>>
>>387435862
>Oh its just a $5 indie metroidvania, I'll pick it up
>It probably won't distract me from other things
>>
I don't understand what made Microsoft think giving up for a while was a good idea
>>
>>387436716
Microsoft thought that with their total neglect of the PC and the existence of the Xbox developers would have no choice but to make the switch.
They were very successful at taking PC devs, and turning them into console-only devs after all.

I don't think they expected that there would be enthusiast PC developers and users that they couldn't buy off.
I really think when Microsoft bought Minecraft for a few billion dollars they thought they were buying the indie game movement and taking away the biggest cross platform game.
Instead nobody else seemed to want their money and Minecraft basically died around the same time.
>>
>>387437316
>Minecraft basically died around the same time
Lolwat? Minecraft is bigger today than it EVER was. They have an entire autism convention for it. Microsoft has their own outreach educational program centralized around Minecraft too. More people play today than they ever have. Just demographics have switched to a younger and more casual audience.

Get out of your /v/ bubble once in a while.
>>
>>387435491

Spoken like a true retard.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.