[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Jump is mapped to ^ stick movement >X is mapped to some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: PlayStationAllStarsBattleRoyale.jpg (63KB, 800x473px) Image search: [Google]
PlayStationAllStarsBattleRoyale.jpg
63KB, 800x473px
>Jump is mapped to ^ stick movement
>X is mapped to some sort of ability/trait
>Combo strings have longer windows, but combo breakers are introduced to the game as well
>Taunt is removed

>Roster enhanced

I just fixed PSABR
>>
File: SPIKED.png (32KB, 144x129px) Image search: [Google]
SPIKED.png
32KB, 144x129px
And then Spike fucks Kat
>>
>>387426028
no you didnt, apparently you think that killing / scoring with supers was a good mechanic.
but it wasnt, they needed to copy smash bros more.
>>
>>387426572
Or make a racing game.
>>
>>387426572
>X is mapped to some sort of ability/trait
>Combo strings have longer windows, but combo breakers are introduced to the game as well
>Taunt is removed
>Level 1 & 2 "supers" are removed. L3 remains, but AP orbs are removed.
>Kills now are activated by ring-outs / screen outs similar to SSB

>Roster enhanced

fixt
>>
>>387428564
How is the roster enhanced?
>>
>>387429120
more fan service on top of what is already there.
>>
>>387429181
But what about what needs to be removed?
>>
>>387429181
>>387429120
>tfw Spyro, Lady Maria, William-sama, Kazuma Kiryu, Raven and Crash join the fight!
>>
>>387426028
This is retarded in platforming games
This games has some of the most lenient combos around. We're talking 20frame+ windows.
>Taunt is removed
Why?
>>
>>387426028
Neither up to jump or a button to jump need to be the only way to jump but it's not like it's a huge issue and I preferred a button to jump for the game.
Characters already had tons of unique abilities in their moveset already, and a few outside of it, like Raiden's wallrunning.
The combos were at a good length the way they were, neither of these are necessary changes.
>being a bitch and also forgetting that Taunt was changed to also give you the ability to pass AP to your partner which made it a whole new ball game
Roster "enhanced" is about the only thing you got right here and you didn't even mention anything about new game modes, making the challenge mode options available to select, rebalancing characters or fixing bugs.
>>387426572
It was a good mechanic.
>>
What if the game was an actual 3D fighter?
>>
>>387430424
too many projectiles, probably better off being a 2d fightan.
>>
>>387429672
It was a terrible mechanic. Unless you make everyone have the same type of supers it's complete shit, you have Drake and Kratos who can get 3+ kills in a single use of some of their worse supers while Parappa can get maybe one or two with his highest tier skill. The balance is fucked when you have to think of it.
>>
>>387430616
That's not a fault of the mechanic, it's a fault of them making characters too strong because they're bad at balance. It's no different to imbalances of any other game, and they don't have to be the same to be closer in strength than they were, and there's the rest of the moveset to consider. Also your comparison sucks, it sounds like you're talking FFA in which case Parappa's level 2 was way stronger than both Drake and Kratos' supers, Drake's level 1 had a big explosion but left you open and even in a 1v1 their supers were fairly equal in different respects outside of level 3s.
>>
>>387426028
I prefer it being a button jump, especially in smash since I find it easier to do tilts and recoveries
>>
>>387432090
but in Smash you can just press the joystick up and jump. You can't do that in Allstars.
>>
File: 1446343579011.gif (466KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1446343579011.gif
466KB, 500x281px
>>387426028
Still have to kill people with supers thus game is and always will be shit.
>>
>>387432862
because?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.