[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here played this? Is it all detective work or do you also

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: screenshot-observer-game[1].jpg (75KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot-observer-game[1].jpg
75KB, 800x450px
Anyone here played this?
Is it all detective work or do you also have to do the stupid hiding and running shit that most horror games have you do?
>>
File: fringe-september.jpg (111KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fringe-september.jpg
111KB, 1920x1080px
>observer
>>
File: the fuck you say.jpg (47KB, 446x412px) Image search: [Google]
the fuck you say.jpg
47KB, 446x412px
Mostly detective work and first person Psychonauts, except not for machildren. The chase segments are far and far between and when they do come up it's for a reason and not because of some le spooky ooga booga streamer bait like most horror games that come out nowadays; the detective mystery is definitely the focal point here.

It tackles a lot of the same topics SOMA in a noir mystery setting and it takes focus of much the game's story, whereas SOMA takes its story and facefucks you to death with for 6 hours until the philosphical point at hand has been made. They're both really similar, but are executed completely differently.

Overall, I think the game is probably the sleeper hit of the year. They crafted a relatively simple story, and put it in a really deep and complex world they created, and I can really respect what they did for it given how small of a studio they were. Not to mention they managed to get MOTHERFUCKING RUTGER HAUER to voice the MC, which is a feat in and of itself.

I was honestly left craving for more of the story after the experience was over, since there's so much subtle stuff going on in the background that would largely go unnoticed the first time around until it all clicks at the very end. /v/ probably won't talk about this game much until a sale comes up, but it's definitely well worth your money, especially so if you own Layers of Fear which gives you a discount on the game if you do.
>>
>>387419558
how long is it? I'm a bit over an hour in. Just finished the first brain dive
>>
>>387419815
Anywhere between 4-8 hours depending on how much of the side stuff you do.
>>
>>387419558
>Rutger Hauer
woah what
>>
>>387419558
sold
>>
>>387417675
I liked the game up until the first mind control bit. It's just a glorified walking sim with detective stuff. The atmosphere and horror is great though
>>
>>387417675
I finished it yesterday
You have to roam around, checking objects, talking to people, and dealing with computers
There is a couple of RE-tier puzzles
There are 2 hide from roaming baddie sections
There is a lot of backtracking, and the usual 'while you are going back shit hits the fan and you can't until you do another new thing'
And then the objective: hacking minds, which is literally Layers of Fear sections
The hacking is a good chunk of the game

You can finish the game taking the main route, in 4-5 hours

You can really finish the game checking all the stuff available
>>
>>387420389
It is by the people who did Layers of Fear so.....
>>
>>387420659
I forgot: the game makes the info puzzles obvious
ie: you need to find a room number, and once it is displayed on screen, both the voice tells you about it, and the number gets highlighted
same with passwords... the character literally reminds you about them
>>
>>387420817
the game could be a lot better without all those aids
they are there to help the twitch streamers to not get stuck
if they took out all that obvious puzzle aids, the game could be a lot better
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.