[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me /v/ how can I shill my shitty VR tavernkeeping game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: sporobarcard.jpg (30KB, 206x184px) Image search: [Google]
sporobarcard.jpg
30KB, 206x184px
Tell me /v/ how can I shill my shitty VR tavernkeeping game? What avenues should I pursue to get my hands on your precious NEETbux?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2XQmrqZV7s
>>
Fucking worthless, don't even bother.
>>
>>387416238
B-but it's fun and it's gonna be free.
>>
just put it on steam with the rest of the trash
>>
>>387416163
social media, /v/ does like this type of game senpai
>>
Ei vittu:D Ostan kunhan saan mun VR masiinan kuntoon
>>
>>387416352
I crammed it full of shitty finnish humor. Normies won't understand. It's like "My Summer Bar" in a sense.
>>
>>387416163
Looks really fun anon! I wish I could play it. Shame that I don't have VR :(
>>
>>387416293
Honestly it's looking like you're just doing your daily work, it doesn't look like there's anything fun about it
>>
>>387416163
Just try to take the approach of My Summer Car.
I'm willing tho shill this game to my friends at least and we'll try it once you have it out. Looks fun for one night at least.
Add more finnish memes
>>
File: longxucard.jpg (20KB, 206x184px) Image search: [Google]
longxucard.jpg
20KB, 206x184px
>>387416415
Ei tartte ostaa - vedetään ilmasena. Saatetaan ehk änkee jotai maksullista lisäriä perään :D

>>387416671
You get to break up bar fights and mix cocktails. It's fun for at least a half an hour at the moment.

>>387416701
We will be amping up meme production.
>>
Needs more memes
>>
it should be a rhythm barkeeping game where all the patrons move to the jams and you have to serve to the jams and instead of serving just simple drinks have them ask for actual cocktails. also there should be drink bar sliding
>>
>>387416917
I had to refund Lair of the Necrodancer because I have literally no sense of rhythm. Also tricky to do in VR so no. Actual cocktails are coming next along with every dwarf being a unique snowflake with favorite drink and drink threshold before they're wasted. Drink bar sliding is an actually good idea we should slap in.
>>
>>387416163
Maybe you could add some kind of scoring system at least. That way people can compete against each other.
>>
File: sprollo2_big.png (450B, 54x54px) Image search: [Google]
sprollo2_big.png
450B, 54x54px
>>387417218
I was thinking 6 minute bartender shift where you need to get the most gold in that time. That means being fast, not breaking glasses, keeping customers happy and out of bar fights etc. Maybe that'll work?
>>
>>387417280
That sounds good.

Do you have any voice actors for the customers? I want to hear finnish drunkards trying to order something and you will have no idea what the fuck they are trying to say.
>>
File: melhusseinson.jpg (142KB, 634x867px) Image search: [Google]
melhusseinson.jpg
142KB, 634x867px
uuuh cool alpha, hopefully there is more intrigue planned for the main gameplay loop for true tactical convenience service CQC action
>>
File: BadgeFoil.png (9KB, 80x80px) Image search: [Google]
BadgeFoil.png
9KB, 80x80px
>>387417439
Yeah our animator guy promised to do grumbling and guffawing so we get an essential finnish-nightlife-after-1-am simulator.

>>387417454
Well, scoring system and gameplay loop hopefully will be enough to add to the alpha - more taverns we could cook later on with more difficult customers? How do you even balance a thing like this. Faster timers or just more people with harder drinks? more than 3 at a counter at once?
>>
>>387417018
The problem is your core gameplay looks dull and repeptitive, like a stripped down job simulator without any of the cartoonish humor. Unless your goal is to just give people some kind of autistic, German, bartender simulator you need some kind of hook that makes it actually fun.

If it were me I'd try focusing less on emulating the authentic bartender experience and more on making it fun to play.
>>
>>387417627
Customers could have added behaviour complexity. Maybe people are cutting in line and making orders at the same time. Maybe they change their spot on the counter after making the order. Maybe they go away to chat with friends for long period of time.

I think that's the best place to add difficulty. Just think how a drunken person could behave in a bar that makes the job of the bartender more difficult.
>>
>>387417984
I was thinking that it's half bartending, half a "people management simulator". Obviously the greatest challenge is balancing both mixing fun drinks for people and dealing with the rush, but also you get to knock out dwarves who fall asleep on the counter, try to take a sip from the tap or start fights. Maybe that'll make it less of a menial daytime german börk wörk simulator.

>>387418017
They already patrol around and play the slots etc once they've ordered, sometimes even before they come up to the counter. Makes it feel really alive. No lines form since they usually sit down if there's no spot at the counter...maybe they could instead make a line and cause more ruckus?
>>
>>387417627
Maybe a cash/card register? Literally anything to break up the current loop of "grab cup, grab drink, pour, repeat", wipe up those spills, change the lightbulbs, throw out a rowdy patron. Rarely you could get fake bills/cards so you have to inspect all payments to look for small changes while being timed to move on
>>
>>387418403
Dwarf ID cards? That'd be hilarious. Shame VR resolution is usually so shit you can't really read text all that well.

There is a cash register and on the video you see them leaving coins on the counter. You can put those coins into the slot machine or just bank them into the register - so you can try to double your money or lose it all. Spill wiping might work...I'll see if we could make a rag on the counter you can move around.
>>
>>387418271
I'd honestly expect lines to occur. Implement that shit in at least.

>>387418403
Also this sounds interesting. And let a drunkard just drop his coins on the table and you need to count how much is there and is it enough to make the purchase.
>>
>>387418559
Aggressive coin micromanaging and a huge rush to make cocktails doesn't mix for a good game loop I bet. I think that's gonna be a complaint anyway that the game is "too hard" to keep all customers happy during rush hour. Maybe instead you might get a random trinket instead of coins that you need to throw back at the dwarf so he comes back to pay the proper fee?
>>
A more organic scoring system could be income. Have different drinks cost different amounts of money, simple drinks are cheaper and complicated ones cost more etc, and you can tie that into a combo system for consecutive drinks. Then you can have some asshole dwarf come in and order a complex but cheap drink and you can kick him out to break combo but save time or something, like recetear
>>
File: pebsi.gif (9KB, 55x78px) Image search: [Google]
pebsi.gif
9KB, 55x78px
>alcohol

Drink pebsi :DDD
>>
>>387419282
A combo system might actually work really well in this: Hadn't though of that. And yeah different drinks cost differently already - you can see how much gold you're making by looking at the cash register screen. Maybe have a book of prices for the recipes so you can see which are making the most money for you? Sweet ideas, I'll write them down.

>>387419429
There is ES in the game. There is megaforce. There is even Lumi Cola and you want BEPIS? I guess we gottal add bepsi.
>>
>>387416163
Make it like VA-11Hall-A, where you can interact with characters and have conversations with them
>>
>>387419806
In VR it's terribly hard since stuff like audio recognition is terribad and dialogue boxes are clunky and distract you from the game. Also localization and voice acting isn't that easy. Maybe for a sequel...? Some appropriate tavern bantz might work for a less arcade-ish title.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.