[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Find an effective strategy to defeat the Zerg >Just keep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

>Find an effective strategy to defeat the Zerg
>Just keep nuking them from orbit using your huge fleet
>Suddenly decide that the inferior lifeforms called Terrans shouldn't be killed as collateral damage anymore, even though you were fine with it before
>Stop using "nuke from orbit" strategy and start engaging Zerg directly
>Keep losing, and allow the Zerg to multiply and become a threat
>Billions of Terrans and Protoss die
>Lose your home planet to the onslaught of Zerg
>Your race nearly becomes extinct and you could've prevented it

Is Tassadar the worst Executor in the history of the Khala?
>>
What game is this?
>>
>>387414086
boku no starru craftu
>>
>>387414086
gookclick
>>
File: protoss kino.png (73KB, 819x705px) Image search: [Google]
protoss kino.png
73KB, 819x705px
>>387413957
Because the Protoss are tards and Aldaris was right.
>>
>>387414279
So Artanis did the right thing
>>
>>387414448
Given that Artanis is supposed to be the protagonist of both Protoss campaigns (including the one where he is a 3rd person NPC - I have no idea how that works), I think he was just following terrible orders this whole time.
>>
>>387413957
>lets piss off the race that outnumbers us 100 to 1

Protoss only nuked fringe terran outposts. Even they would of had trouble should a sizeable Terran fleet decide to defend their worlds, regardless of their advanced technology.
>>
>>387414583
At the beginning of Starcraft, the Zerg were not so numerous. It was only through Tassadar's incompetence that they were allowed to multiply and outnumber them 100 to 1.
>>
>>387414719
I'm talking about Terran.
>>
>>387414514
I was talking about Artanis killing Zeratul, even if it was under mindcontrol.
>>
>>387414870
Oh, I see. To be honest I got the impression that the Terrans were never any threat at all to the Protoss despite outnumbering them, until the Protoss got fucked up by the Zerg.

While the Protoss were still nuking Terran worlds, the Terrans never mustered up any response, making them seem totally helpless.
>>
>>387414719
Yeah, not true. Zerg are an ancient race that was already multiplying in the millions, it's just that they had low presence in the Terran parts of the Koprulu sector. Char and Zerus were always swarming with Zerg as far as we are concerned.

Overmind had multiple Cerebrates at his side; there had to be plenty of them for them to later morph a new Overmind in BW.

>>387415112
It's more the fact that Confederacy was too busy with its own internal politics than caring about the Protoss. Reminder that Aiur was a "secret world" until Zeratul blew its cover. They just didn't really have a reason to invade Terrans or whatever. Protoss were quite isolationist.
>>
>>387414279
Zeratul sacrificing himself to free Artanis from the mind control proves that Zeratul isn't evil.

I don't really think he's particularly dumb, either. He just didn't see the whole picture yet and had to wander around looking at ancient shit while probably huffing Terrazine until he figured it out.
>>
File: krogoth.gif (19KB, 170x335px) Image search: [Google]
krogoth.gif
19KB, 170x335px
>>387414086
inferior to TA
>>
>>387415175
I don't think we should consider the Zerg on Zerus -- they're just feral and keeping their own population controlled through predation.

I guess you're right that it's unclear how many Zerg there are at the beginning of Starcraft compared to when they invaded Aiur. It just seems obvious that they grew after their humble beginnings invading tiny Terran outposts.
>>
>>387414969
>>387415261
Maybe it's the effect of doing 2's campaigns one after the other but I was glad that Zeratul kicked the bucket at the start of LotV. The absolute stupidest shit in WoL involved him and HotS was still fresh on my mind.
>>
>>387414086
Heroes of the Storm
>>
>>387415517
>starcraft 1 manual mentions that Zerus is a harsh volcanic planet and primal zerg looked like relatively small parasitic worms, making larva the closest thing to the original zerg. Primal Zerg weren't sentient, but possessed a strong drive to selectively breed their hosts for better survival in harsh conditions of their home planet, which is why Xel-Naga got interested in them and why they made sentient Overmind to direct their natural self-improvement efforts in a bid to create a perfect species
>starcraft 2 - Zerus is an ebin jungle planet full of dindu orc dinosaurs, Overmind was made by Sargeras to corrupt noble Zerg savages
Fuck, I hate Starcraft 2
>>
>>387416705
Narud
>>
>>387416705
>A planet will always remain the same
Now begone with you shitposter
>>
>>387416705
Maybe the xel'naga changed the planet?
>>
>>387416705
>In Starcraft 1 dialogue, Mengsk says the Confederacy created the Zerg in labs as a weapon
Was he lying or just didn't know any better? Or is it a plot hole?
>>
>>387417367
He's just making silly assumptions to make Confederacy look worse.
>>
>>387413957

Except it was containment at best, it was never a long term strategy
>>
>>387414086
minecraft
>>
>>387417801
I guess he's just lying then, since he said he saw it with his own eyes. Probably just a way to get Raynor, Kerrigan, and the commander riled up against the Confederacy.
>>
>>387414279
Just whole concept falls apart, because retards who jumped on SC recently don't know that Zeratul didnt know about void energies of dark templar being able ti kill celebrate (until it was killed by this). he also didnt know about overmind existence and how he would link his mind with Overmind after kiling celebrate. he just exterminated celebrate like any other enemy lifeoform
>>
>>387417141
>A planet can change it's biochemical composition on a macro level in a couple of years cosmologically speaking
>>
>>387414279
And onether fails
>muh invisibility
game mechanic =/= actual lore happening. And its easier for DT to get deepe rinto some instalation than running away from terran blockade

>muh dark power killed Tassadar
He channeled both powers to go nuclear. Its normal for archon/temlar to explode using psi energy. Not present ingame for balance reasons retard

>hurr durr raszagal brainwashed
It becomes clear that zerg cant mutate protoss body so it was completly wtf moment when Kerrigan claimed to actualy infest raszagal. When Aldaris found what is happening, instead of telling others with "proofs" what is happening, he starts rebelion by force.
>hurr durr aldaris kerrigan
What a fucking retard. Game unit doesnt actually fully represent character standing.

>hurr durr he didnt use that and that knowing THAT things
Play the actual game. Retard

You are a fucking retard for posting not only dumbshit and headcannon, but because you posted plebbit tier scumshit from actual plebbit
>>
>>387414086
Command and Conquer: Warcraft expansion
>>
>>387419606
>couple of years
For all we known it's been million of years between the overmind leaving the planet and Kerrigan arriving to it.
>>
File: frodo.png (214KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
frodo.png
214KB, 400x399px
Why didn't the protoss just nuke char?
>>
>no remastered cutscenes
ebin
>>
>>387414086
Gookie clicker
>>
>>387414086
warhammer 40k : Space Marine
>>
>>387413957
The one thing we can take from Starcraft lore is that the Protoss, despite being a "warrior" culture with super tech, is actually terrible at strategy, tactics, diplomacy and long-term thinking. In a way, it fits, becasue what they really are is a tribal culture that inherited Xel'naga tech and barely managed to hold itself together as a civilization through religious zealotry. Pygmys with post-nuclear technology.
>>
>>387420038
All the eagles were in Mordor so no one could fly the bombs to Char.
>>
>>387421156
>is actually terrible at strategy, tactics, diplomacy and long-term thinking.
their politics were a mess that's why
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.