[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>all arguments about blood vials are stupid 'MUH FARMING'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 20

File: image.jpg (43KB, 408x409px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 408x409px
>all arguments about blood vials are stupid 'MUH FARMING' shitposting

You wouldn't have to farm if you weren't FUCKING SHIT. L I T E R A L L Y, just git gud.
>>
>>387404382
I want to flame you but I really just can't. Fuck you, faggot.
>>
>this game deletes itself off your computer if you die too many times but who cares, just git gud!
retard
>>
Every time I see that image. I get thirsty.

Why?
>>
The path to getting good involves lots of failure, and thus blood vial farming, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>387404382
My first playthrough I had to farm for echoes in order to stock up on hundreds of bllood vials for boss encounters, and I agree with you.
>>
>>387404382
Just recently has the chance to actually play. I'm enjoying it a whole lot and it plays very well but so far it's much easier than every souls game I've played. I haven't reached any point where I actually have had to farm and I hope I don't have to. They had the perfect health system for the games they wanted to make in DS1 estus I don't know why they didn't just stick with it. My primary issue with the blood vials so far is that they make the game so much easier, they're fast to use and can be replenished easily without headed back to a lantern. This makes it particularly laughable when retards defend the idea of mindless farming with 'git gud'.
>>
>>387404538
Are you ok anon?
>>
File: Death-T-2.2.jpg (56KB, 305x502px) Image search: [Google]
Death-T-2.2.jpg
56KB, 305x502px
>>387404697
>>
>>387404382
Giting gud requires trial and error, which means dying and losing blood vials. Frankly the fact that the only complaint about them is farming should be seen as a good thing.
>>
>>387404382
It's only really bad in a second play through when you're not going through the chalices and thus don't have a surplus of hundreds of vials and bullets.
>>
>>387404737
Simple thing - there's no shield, and there's more enemies that can one-two shoot you than DS. Also, in DS you can progress from 5 estus flask to 20 while in BB you start with 20 and you're able to expand it by using runes(nto sure if its runes or something else) but nobody would waste rune slot for it
>>
>>387404382
What if there was a chance to not be able to use a blood vial because the character broke the cork and couldn't open the bottle? Happens to me all the time whenever im trying to open bottles of wine do it would only make sense and make the game fairer.
>>
>>387404382
You don't have to farm them even if you are shit since you can just buy them for next to nothing. Skip levelling once and you'll never need to restock again.
>>
File: 009890.jpg (32KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
009890.jpg
32KB, 400x400px
If anything, Dark Souls III had the worse healing system of the series. The estus in that game was far too easy to chug without punishment.
>>
>>387404382
>cockgobbling ps4 fanboy defending shit game decisions
>would be shitposting if this game was on xbone/pc
die you double digit iq subhuman, and take out your family and the rest of your shitty gene pool so you never procreate
>>
>>387405207
You're still limited to the few you have and it was easy to panic shug and waste more than you wanted to.
>>
>>387404737
>They had the perfect health system for the games they wanted to make in DS1 estus I don't know why they didn't just stick with it.
Lore reasons. Sticking to estus in BB would be stupid. Blood vials and rally/regain both tie to the blood=life.
>and can be replenished easily without headed back to a lantern.
This will pass, you get that a lot in first 1/3 of the game but later you won't get so many vial drops if any at all.
>>
>>387404605
>see drink
>get thirsty
WOAH
DUDEe
>>
>>387405130
The animation looks like character just breaks the vial on his leg and gets plashed with the blood, same as with regain mechanic, so you don't exactly need to drink it for it to work.
>>
>>387405347
No. It's that specific image only.
>>
Farming vials isn't a big enough punishment for not just spamming them against bosses whenever you want. The healing animation is way too fast, making the whole game extremely easy if you play safely. And you have so many vials in your inventory that you will never run out no matter how much you turtle away. If you play aggressively like it was intended to be played, you might risk dying, which in return make you lose the few vials you already used.

Newbies won't exactly be punished for playing worse, they will trade an easier time against bosses for grinding. The game is by far the easiest in the series because of vials. It's just stupid when Dark Souls got it right the first time. Why do they keep fucking with the healing system? They could have easily fixed it with making the vials extremely limited estus flasks, where you had maybe only 5 throughout the whole game. That way you'd be more encouraged to play aggressively.
>>
A friend of mine abused an exploit when this released to farm echoes and level his hunter to 150 and stock up on hundreds of blood vials. the retard never beat Gascoine. Only after I picked the game up two years later and beat it was when he joined me and I had to HELP him
You can farm vials all you want but it's not gonna help if you're a complete shitter.
>>
>>387405269
wow someone's a little upset
>>
THE GAME IS BAD IF I DON'T GET EVERYTHING FOR FREE!!
>>
>>387404951
But all that takes is a bit of remixing rather than uprooting the entire thing. When I say estus system I just mean a system made up of the following parts:
>Limited, if not the only method of realistic healing
>Heals in large chunks, creating risk/reward between healing and surviving the next shot for sure vs wasting healing (something that would mesh very well with bloodbornes rally system)
>Set pool that replenishes at every checkpoint
>Pool cannot be replenished outside of checkpoints, you always have the same important resources to succeed when you fail, only question is getting better
Yet with every souls game after the first they decided to change it. It really is bizarre when they kept a few holy cows of the first yet threw out one of the best bits. There's no real reason they couldn't do a system that meets the criteria while also tuning it to the game. Then again: I'm still really early and as >>387405269 pointed out, shit might change later on that I'm not in the know about. I'm interested to see how it all goes. It plays a lot better than dark souls so far, despite the more forgiving start and the frame rate. I obviously didn't mean directly taking actual estus flasks and putting them in borneblood you silly billy, the hunter isn't undead. As far as I know.
>>
>>387404680
Nah, that means your shit
>>
>>387404382
DS2 had the best healing mechanics. You literally can't prove me wrong.
>>
>>387404382
>The punishment for failure is tedious busywork

Only the most tryhard autistic shitheads believe this is a positive addition.
>>
>>387405530
you're*
See?
Now that you've failed, your spelling will get better! :)
>>
>>387405631
you're spelling*
>>
File: 1426377228676.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1426377228676.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
>>387404382
It's not just the blood vials, or Soulsborne as a whole. If you browse this board for a while you'll /v/ bitches and moans about anything and everything slightly looking like a challenge.
>Bosses have attacks stronger than you and if you get hit by those attacks you can die. Shit game!
>If you don't manage your resources efficiently you can reach a point where the game is unbeatable. Shit game!
>More than one enemy attacks you at the same time. Shit game!
>To do special attacks you need to input an specific sequence of movements and buttons. Shit game!

/v/ is as casual and bad at videogames as the people who eats lineal corridor cinematic moviegames.
>>
>>387405568
I think DaS2 is the weakest souls game but I honestly agree
>B-but muh limited heals estus system that mathiewmatosis tells me is good
The gems heal so slowly that it's a good compensation,
>>
>>387405583
>The punishment for LONG and PERSISTENT failure is tedious busywork
The difference isn't subtle.
You won't run out of vials if you kill your bosses on 5-8 attempts but if you persist in heal spamming instead of learnig their moves you will run out.
>>
>>387405704
SAD!
>>
File: 1378127224274.png (601KB, 824x706px) Image search: [Google]
1378127224274.png
601KB, 824x706px
>>387404382
The ONLY time I had to farm those was for the DLC bosses, and even then it only took me less than 10 minutes to farm hundred of them by killing slime students in one room of the Lecture Hall and trading their blood echoes. They also dropped bullets so I believe that room was specifically designed for farming.

Good I loved Bloodborne.
>>
>>387405348
you're injecting the blood in your leg you bloody mong, the art doesn't reflect it but thats what is visually happening
>>
>>387405479
I know that estus=/=blood vials kek, anyway as you pointed out, its diffirent design
In ds, you have fixed amount of estus(wchich is also placed in lore as a undead drink). You can only expand it finding secrets and progresing the game. You have fixed amount from one bonfire to another. You can hide behind shield or roll to lessen the estus usage
In bb, there's no shield (well, one is shit and second is anti-magic), and you can regain health by counterattacking. BB is about being agresive and fast, so you're more prone to take damage from impulsive actions like geting more hits before quickstep or doing something wrong. And in BB there's more furious, screaming shits that spams sonicspeed attack combos at you than in DS. Also visc attack that you should master
>>
I shouldn't have to "git gud" at anything. Everything should cater to me, I'm the consumer after all.
>>
>>387405829
>the art doesn't reflect it
>injecting
On a very short notice from a corked glass vial?
Is that really necessary when just getting splashed with blood is enough to get healed?
>>
>>387405829
Actually if you look closely when you use it you can see the needle
>>
>>387405753
Punish me by cutting off my shortcuts then. Replaying the level is a more stimulating and educational gameplay experience compared to treating the enemy's as glorified piñatas for twenty minutes.
>>
>>387405873
based
>>
Every time I see Bloodborne I'm reminded that I'll never have it on PC.
>>
>>387404382
It's a non issue since there is a harmless enemy you can kill to get 10 vials each time
>>
>>387405130
>>387405829
Will you're just jamming it carelessly through layers of thick clothing anyways, so you could just have the chance be the chance of not injecting it properly.
>>
>>387404605
t. Gascoigne
>>
File: tree_juice.jpg (78KB, 564x1121px) Image search: [Google]
tree_juice.jpg
78KB, 564x1121px
>>387404605
It looks like delicious maple syrup. Not that corn syrup shit that they try to pass off as maple, the real stuff. The bottle I have in my fridge is even shaped like that, just with a metal screw top instead of a cork.
>>
>want to try a new build
>weapon I want is locked behind some tedious quest or is found at the end of the game
Everytime. How far will saw spear carry me?
>>
File: 1502724757520.png (532KB, 800x584px) Image search: [Google]
1502724757520.png
532KB, 800x584px
>he actually farms blood vials
I used to hate the blood vial system, but then I started buying blood vials with all my leftover blood echoes whenever I leveled up. Doing this I quickly built up a surplus of vials and didn't have to worry about them for the rest of the game.
>>
>>387405530
Souls isn't a game about skill but trial and error, which makes your "your shit" argument moot, and makes vial farming a flaw either way
>>
>>387405348
Ok what if he has a chance to get broken shards of glass in his skin and needs to rush to the urgencies before he passes out from the bleeding? That would make the game much harder for sure.
>>
>everyone should be perfectly good from the get-go
XDDDD

Guess what, practice makes perfect, case in point all these autistic speedrunners playing 12 hours a day if not more to get a better time by 1 second than the other autists.
>>
>>387405269
This
>>
>>387404382
What does a blood vial taste like?
>>
>>387406169
>Everytime. How far will saw spear carry me?
I'd say the Saw spear is the best PvE weapon. Serrated in both forms, so extra damage against beasts, thrust R2 to fuck up Ayyys. L1 has a good multiplier. The weapon is really fast and builds up beasthood quickly for physical builds. It has a waning slot for an arcane build so you can infuse it with a fire gem after Gascoigne. Because it is skill leaning you most likely have high skill when using it meaning that your viscerals will hurt.
>>
>>387406328
Blood probably
>>
I'm still adamant that Dark Souls 1 is better than Bloodborne and that the minute changes BB made doesn't make it surpass DaS1
>>
>>387406159
>Getting thirsty after seeing maple syrup

Hi, Omega Diabeetus
>>
Blood vial farming doesn't exist
>>
>>387406367
Bloodborne actually has a solid second half unlike Dark Souls.
>>
I dislike blood vials simply because they're too abundant. 20 healing items? Fine. You can knock up 20 estus. But enemies drop blood vials left and right, so you always have a ton any way. Not to mention that bosses can hit you for so much damage that blood vials become irrelevant. Pic related for example. Only used 3 blood vials the entire fight, but still get KO'd.
>>
>>387406424
Bloodborne has a worse first half though, and nothing in the second half surpasses the first half of Ds1
>>
>>387406424
You mean the 2deep4u lovecraft shit that is universally regarded as hamfisted? Yeah, fuck off.
>>
File: Bloodborne_20150411193852.jpg (401KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne_20150411193852.jpg
401KB, 1920x1080px
>>387406023
>Punish me by cutting off my shortcuts then.
Tell that to FROM not me.
Also when I got stuck on the boss and it started to look like it will take a while I used simple rule.
Didn't touch the vials until I got him to 50%. Saved me a lot of time and actually made me pay more attention instead of playing sloppy and relying on heal spam.
If people can't be bothered to do that there's still save scumming possible.
>>387406085
You mean these guys?
Aren't the really rare?
>>
>>387406453
Use rally and dodge?
>>
>>387406525
>universally
>>
>>387406328
Like blood?
Bite your lip and suck on it.
>>
>>387406453
Yharnam is a stupid fight, but I never got oneshot when wearing Cainhurst or Marias armor for full blood damage protection.
>>
>>387406367
DS1 was better than BB just because the plot was more straightforward. I'm fine with Dark Souls being all vague and shit, but I like the intro cutscenes where they kinda give you an idea about the players in the universe (Nito, Gwyn, etc) rather than just throwing you into the pool and hoping you learn all plot points on your own. BB could have given you a little more than "healing blood is here, so you came here," at least in terms of the background of the hunt and leaving all the Lovecraft stuff out there for you to discover.
>>
>>387406202
Skill is always accumulated through a process of trial and error.
>>
>>387404382
farming blood vials is the wrong way to play
you will literally never run out if you do any multiplayer before killing rom. After Rom dies the price goes up significantly enough that if you were already bad at the game you wouldn't be able to afford them after that point.

If you ever can't level up just drop all your echoes into vials and bullets problem solved enjoy bloodborne. If you're a shitter saving up to level by grinding in the first place you are doing it wrong. Grinding echoes should be done in multiplayer since upon death you don't lose them whereas in single player you will die at some point then you will need to either retrieve the echoes or lose them in the process of retrieval.

That last part is why people are so garbo at bloodborne they simply play the shit wrong top to bottom.
>>
>>387406258
I like your enthusiasm in attempt to improve the game but I think a guy that gets snacked on regularly by giant werewolves, eldritch monstrosities and smashed to a pancake by 4 meter tall guys and still walks it off can take a small glass shard or two.
I think making your healing unreliably would suck but maybe if there was another type of chalice dungeons besides F/R/C ones maybe it could be used as an effect.
>>
>>387406453
Blood vials always seemed to heal for more than I was expecting them to, especially because you have 20 of them and they're quick to use.
>>
>>387406453
>Not to mention that bosses can hit you for so much damage that blood vials become irrelevant. Pic related for example. Only used 3 blood vials the entire fight, but still get KO'd.
That only happens when you eat a charged, highly telegraphed hit or some special attack.
>>
>>387405348
I always thought that you were injecting yourself with the vial, like there was a syringe on the bottom that was infusing the blood in your leg.
>>
>>387406528
I did, hence why I used so few blood vials. This screenshot was a long time ago and only used due to the point I was making.
>>387406814
They heal a consistent 20%. So if you have high VIT, they heal a lot.
>>
>>387406424
>Dark Souls 1's second half is bad
When will this meme end? The only thing missing from the first half is the lack of shortcuts between major areas and Bed of Chaos, and that was because the game was wrapping up

The second half was solid in its own right, as it had the unique design of going to whatever level you want at your own pace, like a Metroidvania

Here are some highlights from the second half:
>having to navigate through the dark and watching it for those fucking giant skeleton dogs
>a health-draining area where you have to sacrifice a ring-slot to stay alive
>a stairway puzzle where you have to figure out how to spin the stairs to the place you want to go
>invisible platforms where you got to watch your step and pay attention

All gameplay-altering levels that make you play differently and keeps the game interesting all the way towards the end
>>
>>387405829
>injecting
>>387405957
>you can see the needle
>>387406871
>injecting
Going to check, at least I have an excuse to start Bloodborne again.
>>
>>387405269
pretty much this.

Fuck these retarded posts, OP is a subhuman degenerate.. Wish /v/ would actually go back to discussing games instead of baiting pointless shit all the time.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (238KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
238KB, 1280x720px
Why is this series so comfy
>>
They're so amazingly easy to farm if you need to though. The Wolves drop like three a pop on the bridge and you can generally get lucky with a drop or two from the guys on the way as well. The brick guys on the way to Gascoigne are fruitful as well.

Late game, not even a problem. Load a endgame chalice and farm souls. You can get a shit ton of vials very quickly.
>>
>>387406941
>All gameplay-altering levels that make you play differently and keeps the game interesting all the way towards the end
This.
While not all were well implemented, they at least tried to change up the gameplay.
I personally love Tomb of Giants.
>>
>>387406328
salty milk and coins
>>
>>387406328
Bags of sand
>>
File: syringe.jpg (797KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
syringe.jpg
797KB, 3840x2160px
>>387406962
Welp, looks like I have been a beastly idiot not paying enough attention.
>>
If we heal ourselves with blood why don't we turn into a beast?
>>
>>387407516
We have insight
>>
>>387407516
protected by the dream
>>
>>387407476
>bloodborne 4k
w-what?
>>
>>387404538
>this game deletes itself off your computer if you die too many times in the same exact spot, so if you can't pass the spot this forces you to step back and reevaluate your tactics and gives you the opportunity to git gud
there, fixed that for you
if you can't take a hint that running out of vials means you're doing something wrong then obviously you never had any chance of giting gud anyway and don't deserve to play the game
>>
>>387407637
>tfw madmans knowledge keeps us sane

DEEPEST LORE
>>
>>387407516
b8
>>
>>387407516
Probably takes a while longer.
I vaguely remember some item description mentioning that Papa G and his partner Henryk had a long life.
>>387407698
Running on my 1337 RIG 4K@120FPS, my own personal emulator.
PRO upscale
>>
>>387407476
looks like someone needs to play the entire game again two or three times what with all this new insight.

/v/ (or as some say vidya) has granted you eyes on your brain so you may see.
>>
>>387407807
Might do just that. It has been too long since I last did it.
>>
>>387407735
Well when your insight is low, your beasthood is highest. Also probably helps that you're a hunter trapped by the moon presence. I'm sure that has something to do with keeping you from becoming useless.
>>
>Finish game
>Instantly feel an itch to replay
Fucking hell I'll never get through my backlog
>>
If you need more Blood Vials, you need the Echoes from farming as well.
It's a great system.
>>
>>387404382
Agreed anon, but these little bitch bois will never understand what it means to. GIT GUD
>>
>>387406202
>souls is about trial and error
Literally git gud. But really I honestly disagree, in some cases it is true, especially with some bosses (Bed of Chaos). But overall I think that the game punishes you through your ERRORS so you can develop the skills necessary to prevail the next time.
>>
>>387407937
Sign of a good game right there anon
>>
File: 40px-Vial_of_Powerful_Blood.png (4KB, 40x40px) Image search: [Google]
40px-Vial_of_Powerful_Blood.png
4KB, 40x40px
>>387404382
But they don't exactly grow on trees, are expensive as shit and needed in a metric fuckton of recipes
>>
>>387406202
>Souls isn't a game about skill but trial and error
Only if exactly every other game is as well, in which case it's useless to even say.
The first enemies teach you that you need to wait and watch their attacks to learn how they work. After that, you just apply patience to every encounter and win.
>>
>Game expects you to die a lot
>You are by long and far tge squishiest MC in the souls series
>Regular villagers with forks can gangbang you in one instant because you have literally zero poise
>Bloodvials are dropped once in maybe 5-6 enemies
>Farm up for 10 minutes
>Fight Gascoigne
>UnstoppableHitboxTrainWolf.gif
>Die
>Farm up again (10 minutes)
>Die
>Farm up again (10 minutes)
>Die
>Repeat this process 3-5 times (30-50 minutes)
>Finally beat him
>Repeat with every other boss

MEANWHILE IN DARK SOULS

>Have free but limited healing estus
>Fight boss
>Die
>Instantly go back to have another go at him
>Finally beat him
>Repeat and get rewarded with larger healing

But I guess its just my fault for not knowing how to kill a boss the very first time I met him without knowing all of his movesets. Oh well, back to sludging trough the same streets 3-5 times before I even get a chance to fight the boss.
>>
>>387404382

BB sucked. The game has three colors red, black, and dark purple. It was really hard to look at, too short and there werent enough weapon or armor combos.
>>
>>387409165
>getting to papa g with 0 vials
>farming 20 vials for 10 minutes
>heal spamming thought them all then dying
>Repeat this process 3-5 times (30-50 minutes)
>Finally beat him
>Repeat with every other boss
Well, now I know why OP suggests getting good if this is what happens regularly to people who always complain about vial farming.
>>
people actually farm for blood vials instead of just buying them?
>>
>>387409165
>But I guess its just my fault for not knowing how to kill a boss the very first time I met him without knowing all of his movesets.
Or you learn their moveset the first couple of times. Maybe not top off when you lose a quarter of a vial of health.
How often do you actually spend 20 vials before dying on a boss?
>>
>>387409270
You had purple?
Lucky bastard.
My version had grey and green instead.
>>
>>387409270
What Youtube channel did you play Bloodborne on anon?
>>
>>387409165
Wait, that bloodvial droprate has to be false. Most enemies tend to drop bloodvials for me, and those brick trolls and big beast men are almost always guaranteed to give you 2 vials per kill. Sometimes the brick trolls might drop coins instead.

The only time I ever had to farm in BB was on my first playthrough towards end of the game. I would go to mergos loft and kill the shadows and the pigs and I'd have enough money to buy plenty of vials for the next boss. Not sure if the prices have changed. On future playthroughs I just naturally get shit ton of vials and use all my excess echoes on vials, so I never run out.
>>
File: beasthunters_saif.jpg (8KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
beasthunters_saif.jpg
8KB, 250x251px
Post your pvp weaponfu.
>>
>>387409165
Dark Souls 2 had the lose 5% each time you fought them. Luckily only the Pursuer really puts up a threat and only cause you have like 1/6th of a second in roll frames unless you looked up shit and knew they were tied to a stat.
>>
File: DHWU_hdXsAAuj-n.jpg large.jpg (171KB, 890x858px) Image search: [Google]
DHWU_hdXsAAuj-n.jpg large.jpg
171KB, 890x858px
POST HUNTERS.
>>
>I'm really good at a single player game and NEED attention for it
>>
>>387413620
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>387413620
Missing the point Mario.
>i don't completely suck and don't refuse to improve when i do != i'm really good
>>
>>387410718
Still you are doomed to die a couple times with every early boss so that means that you are going to have to farm some time. Dark Souls doesnt have that problem because the only concern to you in that game is fighting the boss, not kill the boss or spend 5-10 minutes farming THE FIRST AREA OF THE GAME
>>
>>387415719
>so that means
It doesn't mean that at all.
You get showered with vials first 1/3of the game, 2 from giants, 3 from werewolves, every pair or two of normal mobs drop one and you can use spare echoes to buy them cheaply.
If you still manage to outspend this don't blame the game that's known for being punishing for not holding your hand.
Care to explain where did all the vials go when you got to Papa G with 0?
>>
File: Niohmaria.webm (925KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Niohmaria.webm
925KB, 1280x720px
Is this a Bloodborne reference?
or is she a real person?
considering that the base game had a trophyname that was a reference to dark souls.
>>
>>387415719
First tried CB, SoY, OR. Never died more than 10 times against a boss other than the last one, which was the only one I needed to farm for. Killing enemies while exploring was good enough.
Maybe it's because I didn't run past enemies but killed them instead and explored almost everything that I found myself never running out.

And this was my first hands-on experience with Soulsborne.
>>
>>387404856
>ting gud requires trial and error, which means dying and losing blood vials.
That's where most people make their mistake. You should realize early on there's no point in wasting 10 blood vials if you're three feet from the lantern. Sometimes you need to recognize you've done poorly in conserving your health and just continue to explore without healing so as to waste as few blood vials as possible. Not only will you still be able to play the lower health will force you to get good especially if you do this frequently int he early game. After running out of vials a few times I stopped using them unless it was premeditated that the current run I was on was the one where I would actually try to find and get to the next lantern; which I wouldn't attempt if I didn't have a good idea of the level layout already.
>>
i never understood this issue, you can buy vials
>>
HOW DO I KILL DJURA
>>
>>387417071
>climb up ladder
>lock on
>keep hitting R2 with your pistol until she falls off.
enjoy your stake driver
>>
>>387417071
Play defensively till he gets close to the edge of the tower and then just shoot him till he falls.
Quit, reload and his loot will appear at the top of the tower.
>>
He always kill himself falling down.
Also is better talk to him first after beating Paarl beast to get his special gesture.
>>
>>387417150
>>387417195
Thanks based anons
>>
>>387416731
If you're so bad you have to farm you're likely so bad you can't retrieve your bloodstain or spend all of your echoes on levels trying to compensate for the lack of skills.
>>
>>387404538

It's been proven that the whole "game deletes your save if you die too many times" thing in Hellblade was a lie to make players more paranoid.
>>
Bloodborne can be beaten without using blood vials.

Git Gud.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRXn5RQ4ucU
>>
>>387418182
>dies a few times
>IT CAN BE DONE, TEHE
Show me a complete run without any deaths.
>>
>>387408792

>haha gw2 is a good game lmao, in fact so good i misinterpret the op just to start a conversation in a thread that has nothing in a single way akin to bloodborne

im alll ears
>>
>>387405207
Enemies, especially bosses, tend to hit an aggro state when you do take a sippy. Especially later on in the game, it's very noticeable with bosses like Dragonslayer Armour and Soul of Cinder. They do not like chuggers.
>>
>>387418859
>without any deaths
Not him but that's just pure autism.
Also people claim farming is the problem, not dying so if that vid proves every boss can be killed without using a single vial if you're proficient that should be enough.
>>
>>387404382
They make sense in lore and that's all that matters.
>>
>>387404382
Blood vials were intended to stop players just sprinting past an area to get back to the boss and instead master the area and collect vials along the way so they would have enough to use on the boss. If you want to go to an easier area and grind then fine; that's on you not the game. You're given that option.

What apologists fail to recognize is that Hollow Knight had an objectively superior system for health regain and a small indie team could come up with this and not a massive multi million dollar company which makes me laugh.
>>
>>387419224
what a load of bullshit

enemies and bosses behaviour is entirely random, as in, it's random when and what moves they will do.
>>
I seriously don't remember a single time when vials were a problem.
Even more, after Amelia you get into DLC and can almost immediately get to an ungodly farming place which gives you 5 vials.
>>
File: 1502119424424.gif (3MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1502119424424.gif
3MB, 309x313px
>Legitimate criticism of a questionable game mechanic
>J-Just git g-g-ud, scrub!

Christ on a fuckin' cross, Dark Souls was the worst thing to happen to rational discourse since anonymity
>>
>>387420227
>scrub getting uppity about being scrub and about lack of hand holding in a soulsborn game
>pretend stuttering
lel
>>
>>387420227
>expecting any rational discussion on /v/ at all
You must be special kind of retard anonymous.
>>
>>387404496
>flame you
What is this? 2005?
>>
>>387404382
It has a shit diffuculty curve that makes it worse than estus at both extremes of skill

>noob player
Has to farm is farm is boring and unnecessary when the estus system already removed farming

>learning player
The only time the system is good, you have plenty of heals but since you are not that great at the game yet you still get hit a lot, making you think if you want to waste the vials or not

>good player
Now the system sucks again because 90% of the game is too easy to get hit and the other 10% kills you in 2 shots, you bascially never dies from over healing because there is so much fucking vials available. After my first run through the game i never died because i didnt have enough vials.

Estus in their limited 5 quantity works much better, because even if you are good, only five is a big fucking decision, and if you kindle for more, you adapting from the normal difficulty to an easier one, not having the easy mode by default.

now decision healing is
>>
>>387417071
why would you kill him
>>
>>387420227
>I'm bad
>legitimate criticism
>>
Bloodborne would have probably sold a lot more if they didn't make the early game as hard as possible and the late game easy.
>>
>>387406628
I personally find Bloodborne to be a lot less vague and more interesting than ds1 mainly because ds1 has that convoluted time bs.
>>
>>387406518
The world is not interconnected but the individual level design was better than the one in first half of ds1 easily.
>>
File: 1376419013155.gif (2MB, 500x222px) Image search: [Google]
1376419013155.gif
2MB, 500x222px
But that's wrong faggot
I cleared through most of the areas quickly, and enemies stopped dropping blood vials after like the 2nd area
So I was always working with little to no blood vials through most of the game
If you were overstocked on blood vials it means you happy dying and killing the same shit enemies constantly
>>
>>387410718
You could probably use 20 vials pretty easily given the damage that bosses do and the amount of healing blood vials do is pretty fucking stupid.

Bosses rarely if ever hurt you for as much as a blood vial heals you. More likely that using one blood vial after being hit once (and just once) still leaves you with little enough health that you could die in one hit, forcing you to use another blood vial.

The blood vials are also so fast they may as well be unpunishable, and you have fucking 20 of them which just promotes frequent use.
>>
>>387404382
I really liked Bloodborne, but the vial system was seriously a step back. They were too quick to use, you could hold too many, and having to farm them was tedious.

Once you find a good spot it's easy and quick, but still a waste of ~5 minutes.
>>
>>387424903
>which just promotes frequent use.
Don't blame your healspam habits on game, show some restraint.
>>
the game really starts to shine when you equip the +200 health recovery on visceral attacks.
that completed the system for me.
>>
>>387425089
Sorry man, but that's fucking dumb. If you have 20 instant-use healing items on hand at all times in a game where you die in 2 hits, you're going to just heal when you get hit because otherwise you're going to die and waste time doing it over again. The game isn't grading you on item use like a Platinum game or something.

You may as well be arguing don't use MP in any games that have it.
>>
>>387404382
>You wouldn't have to farm if you weren't FUCKING SHIT.
I absolutely agree, I rarely had to farm for vials myself, but I still feel like Dark Souls' method of always recharging your estus was still best. No need to farm, whether or not you're shit.
>>
>one high level chalice dungeon
>a bazillion of blood
>max out your storageof blood vials
wow, so hard
>>
>>387425908
yea even being a bad player myself vials were only something I had to be genuinely concerned about for the first few hours of the game and luckily that part is forgiving enough you can get by without using 20 vials per boss once you figure shit out. but estus was still a better system.
>>
>>387404382
It's not even a question of "git gud"....they drop like crazy and are stupidly easy to buy. It's so easy to reach max cap on blood vials.
>>
>>387404382
>all arguments about blood vials are stupid
>proceeds to argue about it

/v/ everyone
>>
>>387404382
Its great to see people crying about the blood vials, because its really only a problem in the very first area, so you know just how much of a shitter they are
>>
>>387420051
>random
Not in bloodborne
Go fight undead giant and pop a blood vial. He'll jump attack the second you press the button, or after what he's doing if he's currently in an animation
If DaS3 does this, its better at hiding it because I haven't really noticed it
>>
>>387425754
It limits healing in the starting stages of the game which emphasizes the importance of the Rally mechanic.
I'm not saying it's perfect by any means (should have just had your capacity limited to 5 in the start of the game, up to 10 when you beat cleric beast/gaston and 20 when you reach the cathedral ward), but it's better than just giving you free heals at the start of the game and then having people ignore a vital mechanic.
The only people who really suffer for it are people who are both bad and too stupid to take the hint and be more aggressive to take advantage of the rally mechanic.
>>
>>387420051
This hasn't been true since DS2, it and all the games after it, most bosses are programmed to use gap closers on you if you take a sippy/pop a vial.
>>
File: Estus_Flask_(DSIII)_-_01.png (373KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Estus_Flask_(DSIII)_-_01.png
373KB, 512x512px
>>387404382
What does it taste like? Very irony? How does Estus Flask taste like?
>>
I wonder why there are so many bloodborne threads as of late
>>
>>387427853
Salty coins
>>
>>387419224
>>387420051
it's not random for them to attack when they see an opening such as when you swing and miss they will also try and take that opportunity however when you chug estus it's a longer opportunity to attack you.
>>
>>387420051
That's totally untrue though.

In dark siuls 2 one of the strategies to beat fume knight is to intentionally chug near him even when you don't need the healing, because he always goes for an overhead smash to punish it, and after doing it his sword will glow and he won't enter phase 2.

So if you keep chugging and rolling sideways at a safe distance he will never get his lightsaber mode and dark damage
>>
>>387427941
Could actually be true, think about it
>>
>>387420051
>enemies and bosses behaviour is entirely random
It's clearly not.
>>
>>387420227
>dumb Alex Jones poster
like pottery
>>
>>387425023
They're not significantly different from Dark Souls 1 and 3 estus, you can hold just as many healing items in the other games if not more and unlike those a single vial can't refill you're entire health bar from 1hp to full.
>>
>>387404605
Blood tastes quite good, I drink a pint a day.
>>
>>387406328
You don't drink blood vials.
>>
Blood Vials are fucking abhorrent. They fucked it all up with that abhorrent system.
>>
>>387405282
>15
>few
Get out.
>>
>>387404382
Demon's system was objectively the best

you would ALWAYS have enough grass of some variety, but you had to choose whether you wanted to burn the good stuff or take more time using the cheap shit
>>
>>387404680
You don't have to fail at something to get better. You can start off okay or good and still get better
>>
File: 1499602823240.jpg (269KB, 852x775px) Image search: [Google]
1499602823240.jpg
269KB, 852x775px
>>387406071
fucking pathetic
>>
I don't mind the "git gud" attitude because I am willing to git gud. But it took me longer than it took me to consume all my Vials. What's left for me to do? Farm untill I can try to git gud again. THAT I do mind. Farming and grinding in games is literal waste of time. Too bad I didn't git gud fast enough for me to enjoy this game,
>>
I just backed my save up to not waste my time if I ran out before some Chalice boss or something. Though you have so much echoes later on that it's a non issue to buy 100 at once every time you hit the dream.
>>
>>387431548
Same here. I made it through the levels easily, maybe to quickly, but got annihilated by blood thirsty beast and the first boss- some giant with sword hands- in the first chalice dungeon. I might've been underleveled, but ended up wasting all my vials on these two bosses and then never wanting to use them for fear of having to farm again.

Bosses require such opposite play from the rest of the game. Easy to lose tons of vials on them early and have to farm.

Get gud would resolve, but so would a different healing system like estus.
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.