[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game is on sale for 119kr on PS4, which is 14.63 US bucks.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

This game is on sale for 119kr on PS4, which is 14.63 US bucks. I need to know if it's worth it.
The reason I am even asking is because I was fucked by Square Enix the first time I bought Human Revolution, which was not worth the money considering the severe lack of replayability or even a new game + mode.
After some research it seems that this doesn't have a proper new game + either, making you unable to repeat the process of making a new game +.
I found that playing HR on PC with the Burger mod installed was also hell of a lot more fun, since you didn't have to worry about anything and could enjoy the game fully, aswell as experiment and what have you.
So, is it worth it? Or is it a shit game that everybody should pirate like with the first one? Will Square fuck me in some shape or form if I buy it?
>>
I played through it once & enjoyed it. I don't know that I would play it again. Under $15 is a good price. I prefer ed the previous game & the first one more so, but still worth playing.
>>
>>387404003
>$14.63 bucks for Deus Ex: MD
Do it. At that price it makes it justified for how abrupt it ends. Still mad to this day that SE pulled this shit.
>>
HR is a great game. Flawed, but great. Do it.
>>
>>387404227
What, the ending sucked again?
>>
>>387404378
The problem is the ending doesn't fill like an ending. It feels like maybe reaching what would normally maybe be the middle of a story of a game.
>>
>>387404378
It's not that the ending sucked, it's that the game just ends halfway into the story, or when things really start to transition. MD is literally just Part 1 of 2 of the big story. Hell maybe even Part 1 of 3 depending on how far they planned to go. And now that it's shelved we probably won't see the next part for 10 years.
>>
>>387404003
MD definitely has a NG+, I'm not sure what you mean by 'proper new game +'.

$15 is a steal, the side-quests in MD are almost an entire game unto themselves and are vastly more detailed than in HR with branching paths and decisions. I put about 65hrs in, the world is stunningly detailed and the Palisade Bank is easily the peak of the series.

The story is unsatisfying compared to the first game, but there's still a nice build of tension to the final mission, and a dramatic climax, even if it isn't as well realised as HR.
>>
>>387404571
Well I heard that they're working on yet another game which may be the reason for that.
They're really keen on continuing the franchise.
And it's hard to tell if that's a good or bad thing.
>>
I keep hearing that MD killed the franchise. Is it true?
>>
>>387404727
They've been consistently good games, they've fluctuated in quality but they're decent titles
I'm excited for more, hope SE doesn't fuck things up
>>
>>387404705
What I mean by proper new game +, is that it''s in there, but you can't repeat it into new game ++ and so on forth.
You can only do it once, basically.
>>
>>387404815
There's not really any reason to do it more than once, you'll have unlocked everything in the first NG+.
>>
>>387404727
Seeing as how MD turned out I have no doubt that the next installment will be good, but I do question whether they'll try to split the story again.
>>
deus ex is canned
>>
>>387404758
It's a meme, there's just as many sources that say it's still under development.

The sources saying it's cancelled are from January, the ones saying it's still under development are from May, so I'm inclined to believe the more recent ones.

reddit . com/r/pcgaming/comments/6d9jw5/deus_ex_mankind_divided_sequel_is_still_in/
>>
File: humanity restored.jpg (63KB, 535x960px) Image search: [Google]
humanity restored.jpg
63KB, 535x960px
>>387404942
Please, I need this.
>>
>>387404890
Alright, so you can max everything first playthrough?
That's good news but it doesn't change the fact that once you're done playing it for the second time around, the only way to keep playing is to make a new game. I believe you can play again with the inital new game + save, but it probably won't have all the stuff you accrued the second time around.
>>
>>387405140
You're right, maybe there's a mod or something. I found I was pretty much done with the game after NG, NG+ and a perma-death playthrough.
>>
Also, does anybody know if the new energy system is cheesable? I like to just play it as Max Payne: Cyborg Edition with the slow mo ability and don't wanna worry about that fucking annoying biocell management like in Dishonored.
I also wish it had that mission select thing Dishonored 2 had, that shit seems like a must for a game that preaches endless possibilities. What fucking good is endless possibilities if you're only gonna experience one choice?
This stuff works in proper RPGs but not in a game like this.
>>
>>387404003
$14 is still a bit much for it, even with the DLC that makes the game drag on for too long.
>>
>>387404003
>replayability
Neither of the nuDX games has any of that, try the original, OP.
>>
>>387406631
Already did, and I'm tired of it.
>>
File: 1500539722916.jpg (83KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
1500539722916.jpg
83KB, 600x448px
Pulled the trigger.
Really hope I don't end up fucked by Square Enix again.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.