[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the experimentation era in video games is long gone How

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 1487184405310.png (22KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1487184405310.png
22KB, 633x758px
>the experimentation era in video games is long gone

How do we start another video game crash?
>>
You can't. At this point, it would be like trying to crash Hollywood.
Your only hope is the indie scene, but of course you don't play those. They are pixelshit sjw garbage furry bait by default to you.
>>
No it's not, you're just too lazy to find any experimenting games and think that AAA titles are the only thing available
>>
>>387397393
The industry needs more furry bait, down with anime
>>
>>387397231
the line up of games right now is more diverse than pretty much any in history due to the sheer scale of it.

Look harder
>>
>>387397393
As sad as it is, this. the industry is too big, too mainstream now for it to crash. The only thing left now is to watch it getting more and more infested with and established in popculture and all the faggots that this brings with it.
>>
>>387397231
There's a game that has 4D mechanics
There's also a game that has you thinnking 3 dimensionally in a 2 dimensional world

How is that not experimental?
>>
Retro resurgence. By that I don't mean 8bit hipster indieb8, I mean developers using old software to create hardware specific games. I long to see moar megadrive, snes, psx
>>
File: 1492826446725.jpg (123KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1492826446725.jpg
123KB, 900x1200px
>>387399226
Fucking this, introducing more furry and cartoon games might at least reintroduce the fun back into the current games.

All current games are either boring medievalshit and futureshit with long dull storylines tacked on RPG mechanics, and it doesn't help by the fact that there are already bazillion zombie survival minecraft or rust clone games. I do fucking remember when furry and cartoon games are prominent in the gaming scene back then, there was already lots of fun, even more than the current one. This is why gen 3 to 6 is much better than the shitfest of gen 8.
>>
>bawwww we need a crash
Were you even alive for the first one?
>>
>>387399554
That would need him to be around his 40s, so probably not and neither were you. But that's besides the point.
>>
>>387399226
the industry needs more furrybait with less futanari. Lookin at you CoC and derivatives
>>
>>387399504
100% agree.

As much as this boards hates to admit it, Japan games are stale and boring, the only thing they do right is be slightly better than western shit
>>
>>387397231
>wanting a crash
>right when the straight white male stopped being the default and games started getting better stories
Fuck off. You don't belong here.
>>
>>387397231
if only there was a way to revive AA gaming. They were the driving force of gaming. All the best games came out from striving small studios.
Now you either have blockbuster tier cinematic on rails shit or an indie pixel shit made by one furry guy. And whey you finally find out about a genuinely good and ambitious project you see its on a scamstarter
>>
>>387401324
Kickstarter and crowdfunding actually kills these efforts, not helps.
Effectively unconditionally received, unmanaged free money paid in full, in advance is NEVER a good motivation to actually finish any project in 99% of the cases.
>>
>>387401704
Crowdfunding can be good if it's not collected before the game even has an alpha version

If the campaign is launched at a point where it just enables the developer to finish the rest of the game but the core mechanics are all implemented then I think it can work

Or in some cases if it's just one guy working on the game, the crowdfunding can enable him to hire other people to help finish the game
>>
File: jp.png (45KB, 2560x1707px) Image search: [Google]
jp.png
45KB, 2560x1707px
>>387401324
>if only there was a way to revive AA gaming
>>
>>387397393
Hollywood is quite literally crashing as we speak
throwing whatever shit at the wall hoping it sticks because every movie that wasnt Disney bombed
>>
>>387401854
Yes, in theory. In practice, in most cases thos doesn't happen. The psychological effect of receiving a large sum of money for basically no reason cannot be neglected. Unfortunately, the current form of crowdfunding completely ignores it, resulting in most of the projects funded failing or never completed. Those who need money to finish development are usually those who can't handle money in the first place. Crowdfunding in the current form is just giving money to those who can't handle money.
>>
>>387397231
Wait for Death Stranding to save video games forever
>>
>>387402154
I'm looking forward to it. That game will be THE game that shows and embodies everything wrong with today's overly bloated AAA projects.
We haven't seen any gameplay at all yet for fuck's sake. If that isn't a gigantic red flag, I don't know what is.
I'm bracing for tortanic level of blunder.
>>
>>387402141
That's how it usually goes, but I still hope that someone would be able to manage a crowdfunded project properly
>>
>>387397231
Nigga hellblade's literally got released last week and it's experimental as all hell.
>>
>>387402313
It's probably in development for another few years, there's still time
>>
>>387402313
The game only started development a year or so ago. It's a bit unrealistic to expect anything tangible yet, especially since it's Kojimbles at the helm.
>>
>>387397231
The problem is not that there is no more experimentations in video games, it's the fact that the people experimentating are all from the same ideology and usually insert their political opinion in their game.
>>
>>387402434
I may be old-fashioned but even 1 year of development is more than enough to produce something to show basically what kind of game are we looking at, or show proof that you at least have some kind of vision for gameplay. If you don't, well, red flag. Even if you are Kojima.
>>
>>387399453
What's the 4th dimension?
>>
>>387402636
Time.
>>
>>387402518
Who exactly are you talking about?
>>
>>387402718
I'm talking about the undead goblins anon, they hide within the society, and they make video games to control us and transform us into undead golems.
Being an undead golems restrict you from thinking and creating siblings (clones).
If you don't want undead goblins, you just have to stop invocating them, BY NOT debating IRL.
>>
>>387402683
Prince of Persia : Sands of Time and Braid called, they said that experiment was already successful.
>>
>>387402887
Also Onimusha 3. Man, Capcom used to be good.
>>
>>387402887
Braid was pretty damn good.
>>
>>387399453
Oh the 3 Dimensional thing, didn't DJ Choke-on-it's game have a similar gimmick?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.