[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This game and it's sequel was the best SRPG to be released

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

This game and it's sequel was the best SRPG to be released in years.

Prove me wrong.
>>
You have better odds of winning at slots than hitting an alien
>>
>>387395498
>and it's sequel
I don't know about 2

Still haven't played it because a lot of the changes they made just seem like bullshit that makes the game worse instead of better
>>
>SRPG
>>
>>387395498
the bureau is 10x better prove me wrong.
>>
>>387395606
>Implying this is a bad thing

This is only really noticable on higher difficulties and it's your fault for playing on them if they bother you. More importantly, it would make the game piss easy if you hit aliens consistently and would also ruin the tight, squad-based firefights the game tries to emulate.

>>387395718
It's a strategy game with RPG elements. What would you call it?
>>
>>387395767
>It's a strategy game with RPG elements. What would you call it?

Upgrading units != RPG elements

It's just a turn-based strategy game, no RPG.
>>
>>387395767
First of all S in SRPG stands for Simulation (yeah, weird, it's Engrish).
Second, X-COM is hardly a strategy game or have enough RPG elements. I personally call this genre Tactics Combat Game. Because it's really all about small scale tactical operations rather than global strategy.
>>
File: Chroma-Squad-Free-Download.jpg (57KB, 620x355px) Image search: [Google]
Chroma-Squad-Free-Download.jpg
57KB, 620x355px
Your move OP
>>
>>387395498
>SRPG
kys weeb
>>
>>387395847
>"upgrading units" gives them new skills to use in combat and improves their stats

So, how is "upgrading units" in this game any different than leveling up in an RPG?
>>387395853
The vast majority of people consider it a strategy game, so it's a strategy game.
>>387395889
Umkay
>>
>>387395765

That's-a spicy baitball, my friend
>>
>>387396068
>The vast majority of people consider it a strategy game
You're literally the only one so far I've seen call it as such.
>>
>>387395853
>S in SRPG stands for Simulation

mind blown
>>
>>387396140
nigga are you retarded
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/12/20/best-strategy-game-2016-xcom-2/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X-COM
http://www.pcgamer.com/best-strategy-game-2016-xcom-2/
>>
>>387396068
>>So, how is "upgrading units" in this game any different than leveling up in an RPG?

"Leveling up" is not what makes an RPG an RPG. Half the fucking games on the planet have some form of character skill progression. You do know what RPG stands for, right?
>>
>>387396306
>RPSJW
>>
>>387396320
The fact that every game has RPG elements these days doesn't change what an RPG is bucko

And it's most definitely not the literal meaning of "role playing game" ya brainlet ;)
>>
>>387396320
>"Leveling up" is not what makes an RPG an RPG
How do you explain JRPGs then?
>>
>>387396320
Of course I do. Does the game not have a roleplaying element to it aswell? You're able to make your own party of characters, you're able to pick what classes you want them to be (sort of) and customize them. There's lots of roleplaying in that. Also, character progression based on stats is a staple in RPGs and acting oblivious to that to support your own argument makes you look like a retard, no offense.
>>387396375
Not an argument.
>>
>>387396320
To be fair, RPG is a very broad stroke brush to use with games because by the very acronym you play the role of something in every game you play.

It's only when you add in specific characteristics do you differentiate things like JRPGS, WRPGs, etc. from other game types.
>>
>>387395498
Xenonauts is better than Enemy Unknown/Within. I have not played XCOM 2 yet.
>>
>>387396404
>How do you explain JRPGs then?

Why do you think JRPG is distinct from RPG? Japs are retards. Once upon a time they did make proper RPG but that gave way to anime bullshit. They still do occasionally release a proper RPG, though.
>>
>>387396641
>Xenonauts is better than Enemy Unknown/Within

I haven't played Xenonauts, why do you prefer it?
>>
>>387395869
I havent played ever since I accidentally went the 6th ranger route instead of kamen rider.
>>
>tfw don't like the sequel despite it being a perfectly fine game because playing as the shadow government is inherently more fun than playing the ragtag rebel group and also swords on Rangers is stupid as fuck
>>
>>387396757
i like that it's less linear
>>
The levels were so boring. I hated every alien ship mission. It all felt the same.
>>
>>387395498
It was not an RPG.
But you still might be right, which would be sad.
>>
>>387395606
Show me on the doll, where did the thinman shoot you?
>>
>>387395606
long war 2 really fixed this for me, playing base game on commander feels really bullshit sometimes, but in l2 on normal even with low and shitty hit chances I'm not getting a single crit through cover fucking me over completely
>>
>>387396757
Because it plays more like old school XCOM which I loved.
>>
>>387395765
the bureau does not even have fun basic gameplay, mass effect was a better 3rd person shooter, and mass effect was not a good 3rd person shooter.
Every other aspect of the game was even farther behind ME.
>>
>>387395765
pls bring Bureau back the 1950s-60s sci-fi artstyle was toptier
>>
File: 1500940038229.jpg (32KB, 488x584px) Image search: [Google]
1500940038229.jpg
32KB, 488x584px
>>387397076
>>
File: Gene_Modded_Soldier_(EU2012).png (90KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
Gene_Modded_Soldier_(EU2012).png
90KB, 267x200px
I only gene modded black soldiers because I think only black guys look good in sleeveless armor. Is that weird? It's kind of ironic, making the black soldiers genetically superior.
>>
>arguing about the acronym OP used instead of posting better games are talking about similar games as well
So is this place full on trannyland or do you fags have more in common with them than you're comfortable admitting to?
>>
>>387397156
>making the black soldiers genetically superior
Years of selective breeding during slavery did that already though
>>
>>387397215
Who do you think got sold as slaves?

The fucking retards who lost and got caught
>>
>>387396404
they are still primarily story driven games, even without the leveling up they would be comparable to RPGs.
>>
I wish the giant mech suits looked less cheesy
>>
finished it once, considered playing again without saves etc but there is just too much bullshit
>>
>>387395498
We have xPiratez now
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.