[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats it about mid 90s Pre-rendered 3D sprite graphics that make

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

Whats it about mid 90s Pre-rendered 3D sprite graphics that make shit so atmospheric?

From Donkey Kong to the Adventure games and RPGs of the era, everything just drips with atmosphere.
>>
File: DKC2_-_Maps.png (1MB, 1048x1348px) Image search: [Google]
DKC2_-_Maps.png
1MB, 1048x1348px
DKC Snes graphics legit look way more atmospheric than the Retro country games.
>>
File: fallout death gif.gif (248KB, 208x181px) Image search: [Google]
fallout death gif.gif
248KB, 208x181px
Fallout 1 and 2 are amazing for this
>>
FUCK RPG CODEX
>>
They remind you of your early years when you didnt have crippling depresson
>>
File: 1499923853479.jpg (17KB, 552x456px) Image search: [Google]
1499923853479.jpg
17KB, 552x456px
Because artists and developers realized the idea wasn't photorealism or for shit to be 'pretty'.

Things like theme, ambiance and flavour were taken into consideration and tastefully implemented to create something that was engaging to look at. Now all everyone cares about is fidelity and glossiness. They completely forget about the tone and goals of the game surrounding it because devs don't really think anymore. They just do. More GPU memory, higher texture resolutions, more post-processing.

Game development has long stopped being a creative process. Now it's just cramming shit in hoping to disguise how hollow and automated most videogames have become.
>>
REmake is the only game that carried over that shit to HD. Though, it's prerendered as well.
>>
>>387395343
Never seen this animation.
>>
>>387398451
its an animation exclusive to the masters lieutenant in fo1 iirc
>>
A huge part of Sanitarium was facewrap-kun's great voice acting, and the soundtrack. I got meme'd really hard by pixel hunting the rock to toss at the bell over the church in the pumpkin patch level and literally just spent hours walking around in circles listening to this music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1WAA1lQ6vQ
>>387395908
Jokes on you, I played this game for the first time when I was depressed.
>>
File: 1501475137942.webm (1MB, 1588x1392px) Image search: [Google]
1501475137942.webm
1MB, 1588x1392px
>>387396559
>>
>>387394650
Isn't this that point and click adventure where a bunch of kids kill and feed their parents to a space hambeast in return for mutant powers that makes them all ugly?

Insanarium or something?
>>
>>387399638
yeah Sanitarium
>>
File: 2015-Weet-Bix-Original.png (105KB, 269x204px) Image search: [Google]
2015-Weet-Bix-Original.png
105KB, 269x204px
>>387400021
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-00uQzXyujI
This one cinematic is more atmospheric than anything in Starcraft 2
>>
>>387399638
That part is just the beginning, it gets more weird later on.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.