[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CONTINUED >>387379901 THIS IS BAD GAME DESIGN AND

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 538
Thread images: 47

File: 1502940066094.jpg (279KB, 1251x769px) Image search: [Google]
1502940066094.jpg
279KB, 1251x769px
CONTINUED >>387379901

THIS IS BAD GAME DESIGN AND /v/ WILL DEFEND IT
>>
>>387392171
The ultimate casual filter.
>>
>>387392171
>not just looking at the claw in the inventory
Eyelets when will they learn
>>
>>387392171
If you used a PC, then I can understand not getting this.

Console players have no excuse
>>
File: brainlets.png (57KB, 404x361px) Image search: [Google]
brainlets.png
57KB, 404x361px
seriously the whole bethesda defender argument
>>
Reposting >>387391657 since he brought up a decent point

This is how the claw is presented to you when it is looted from Arvel the Swift's body, and here is the source
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqMXJ3AlL7A [Embed]
a playthrough dated the day after the game came out. This is the way the claw is presented to you in the menus, and assuming that you didn't know about the rotate mechanic, this is the default position the claw is displayed in, since the camera would not have been adjusted, since if it was, you would have to have done it, and you would therefore know about the rotate mechanic. The three symbols are very pronounced in this position.
>>
>>387392307
Add something along the lines of their mom figuring it out instantly even tho it's her first video game
>>
Its actually good game design, but they didnt give any context that you would need to inspect the claw.

Game just needed an establishing line
>>
>>387392496
It's in the note you get from the spider snack.
>>
>>387392496
>didn't give context to inspect
That's the part that's bad design.
>>
Its mentioned no where in the manual that you can inspect items.
>>
>>387392638
https://cdn.bethsoft.com/bethsoft.com/manuals/Skyrim/skyrimle_pc_manual-ENUS.pdf
>>
File: 1502951948118.png (1MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1502951948118.png
1MB, 1440x900px
Reposting my response to
>>387391243
>you only see that it's obvious the markings were on the claw is because you've already completed the puzzle
This is how the claw is presented to you when it is looted from Arvel the Swift's body, and here is the source
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqMXJ3AlL7A [Embed]
a playthrough dated the day after the game came out. This is the way the claw is presented to you in the menus, and assuming that you didn't know about the rotate mechanic, this will be the default position the claw is displayed in, since the camera would not have been adjusted. If it was, you would have to have done it, and you would therefore know that items can be rotated. The three symbols are very pronounced in this position. There are obvious symbols on the claw which beg to be investigated further. Here's where the logic of "let's try to rotate the camera so that I can get a better view" comes in.

The same guy used this logic to figure out the puzzle in around 20 seconds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7us2lmrNS1k
>>
>>387392171
Not gonna lie, I looked up the answer from a walkthrough
>>
>>387392720
>The same guy used this logic to figure out the puzzle in around 20 seconds.
he says right there that there was an intermission while he was looking for a solution, and then eventually figured it out and resumed the recording
it was clearly more than 20 seconds
>>
File: 1389683275570.gif (2MB, 245x286px) Image search: [Google]
1389683275570.gif
2MB, 245x286px
>>387392790
>>
>>387392832
and then he even starts pressing the wrong buttons to try to rotate again, since there isn't a legend on the screen showing how to rotate
>>
>>387392720
>no timestamp
>open video, 13 minutes
lol
>>
>activate outer
>activate middle
>activate inner
>activate outer
>activate middle
>activate inner
>open door
You'll cowards don't even speedrun
>>
>>387392496
>>387392632
>>387392638
>game in inventory is part of a puzzle or part of its solution
>the game needs to tell me to inspect it
You know what other games did this, not telling you to inspect an item you obviously have to inspect?
Syberia.
CSI games
Countelss of games similar to Myst and the likes
Hidden Objects game featuring any sort of inventory with puzzles
Any fucking game featuring an inventory and items you have to use in specific puzzles.
Yet no one ever had issues with this, or when they had, it's part of the GOOD gameplay, cause you know, puzzles require YOU to figure out things, not being told to you.
>>
>>387392950
It's anti-Bethesda shitposting's new fad now that they can't claim Fallout 4 was a failure.
>>
>>387392171
WAIT A MINUTE, THAT CLAW
>>
>>387392995
Bethesda almost deserves it though.. they sure aren't perfect. I really enjoy skyrim though.
>>
>>387392950
Syberia tells you in two ways how to inspect an item if you count the manual.
The word 'inspect' probably isn't anywhere in vanilla Skyrim.
>>
>>387393048
>You will need to look at the screen to play this video game
>>
>>387392950
but why is it okay, accepted, dismissed, that there isn't a simple legend on the menu, along with "equip" and "drop" for "inspect"?

why is the lack of it a pro, and homage to old games, an innovative but intuitive solution, a real brain teaser?
>>
>>387393083
>you will need to strawman in order to have a chance at debating ITT
>>
>>387393140
>why is the lack of it a pro, and homage to old games, an innovative but intuitive solution, a real brain teaser?
Because it exposes brainlets.
>>
>>387392950
Those are puzzle/adventure games designed around inspecting everything. Skyrim is an action RPG. Apples and oranges.
>>
This was absurd
>>
File: 1497170736459.jpg (39KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1497170736459.jpg
39KB, 640x480px
>it took him more than 2 seconds to consider you might be able to look at the fucking claw.
>>
>people are saying that this wasn't explained
actually wtf, I thought this was bad game design because you expected it and it did nothing other than attempt to justify the needless ability to rotate every item in your inventory. Also it got old very fast.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
>>387393262
>Cool game. Dunno what to do here tho.
>Guess I'll go into my inventory and see if I can inspect my items and rotate them despite there being no menu prompt
>>
The only reason I never found out you could rotate inspect Items is because the UI was so fucking terrible, I didn't want to leave it open longer than a few seconds. Fucking console optimized shit.
>>
>>387392171
It was obvious to anyone with a brain to look at the claw that is obviously the key for the lock and you faggots should be applauding Bethesda for not hand holding the player through such a simple puzzle by having the game just outright tell you the solution.
>>
>>387392250
What was the difference?
>>
>>387393140
Giving that no one reads the manual, skips tutorials or long explanations, every command in the game should be a mystery regardless of if it is explained or not.
Point is not if it's ok or not for "inspect" to be there, rather that it should be obvious you can inspect an item that you're supposed to use in a puzzle if the use for that item is not immediately obvious.

>>387393184
If in an RPG featuring no jump button you find a small "platforming" section which does require to jump, won't you somehow try to jump?
Or you need to be told that too?
It's not the game genre, is the context, which in this case is a fucking puzzle element to use in a fucking puzzle, no need to tel you to inspect the item when the context makes it obvious you should at least try to.
>>
>>387393419
>go up to door
>navi prompts you about needing to find a key
>>
>>387392307
So does m1 rotate or equip?
>>
>>387393709
both!
>>
>>387393691
>Point is not if it's ok or not for "inspect" to be there, rather that it should be obvious you can inspect an item that you're supposed to use in a puzzle if the use for that item is not immediately obvious.
Arvel's notes literally say that the claw is the key to the puzzle, brainlets are just too stupid to read things in an RPG.
>>
>>387393419
>Character specifically mentions that the Claw works with some kind of door
>Shortly afterwards find a door with markings on it and a claw shaped hole
>
>>
>>387392171
> tfw you started researching and exploring local murals and carvings on the walls in search for clue
> tfw half an hour later you see thread on /v/ with the clue to rotate the claw
man that was so fucking shit
>>
>>387392171
Dude there's only like 3 symbols per ring. If you were retarded enough to not figure out you were supposed to look at the claw AND even more retarded to not just consult a guide, or forum, or fucking ask here after you gave up in a fit of retardation then there were only 27 possible combinations. I'll grant you the animation is slow as shit so if you got it right on the very last guess it could probably take up to 15-20minutes or so but even still, you could brute force your way through this as an absolute last resort. It still would require you to be exceptionally retarded but I guess you can't help how you're born.
>>
>>387393810
I know, my point is it doesn't matter if it's told you or not, it's an object required in a puzzle and its use is not immediately obvious, logic tells you to inspect you, regardless of the info the game gives or doesn't give.
>>
>>387393851
>don't read the journal of the guy you take the claw from
Modern """gamers""" in a nutshell.
>>
>>387393691
If it's a RPG where jumping has never been used or explained, I'd assume I'd need to make bridges or solve some plot flag so I can walk over the areas I need to get past.
>>387393810
To me that's just explaining that the claw is a literal key that you hold in the palm of your hand, nothing about it having a code on it.
>>
>>387393992
>To me that's just explaining that the claw is a literal key that you hold in the palm of your hand, nothing about it having a code on it.
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Arvel%27s_Journal
>My fingers are trembling. The Golden Claw is finally in my hands, and with it, the power of the ancient Nordic heroes. That fool Lucan Valerius had no idea that his favorite store decoration was actually the key to Bleak Falls Barrow.
>Now I just need to get to the Hall of Stories and unlock the door. The legend says there is a test that the Nords put in place to keep the unworthy away, but that "When you have the golden claw, the solution is in the palm of your hands."
You are literally sub 100 IQ if you read that and didn't think to inspect the claw.
>>
>>387393934
I did end up brute forcing it, I had no idea how to solve this puzzle until a year later.
It's babby's first puzzle yet I couldn't figure it out because Todd decided that a fucking menu prompt would take up too much screen or something.
>>
>>387393934
whether or not someone was able to solve the puzzle is not the question

the question is, what is the puzzle
>the puzzle is to read the journal to figure out you need to inspect the claw to open a combination door
or
>the puzzle is to figure out how to rotate the claw

if it's not the latter, then why is the solution to that problem being praised for not being a documented feature of the menu, while every other mechanic is detailed
>>
>>387392832
The annotation was because he apparently left the dungeon without the Dragonstone and had to go back for it. Besides, he straight up says
>pretty basic puzzle. Took me a minute, but I did start looking around and I was like, that looking at the claw) seemed like the most logical thing to do
Plus, when he gets to the claw, it literally takes him 10 seconds, 0:13-0:23, to figure out how to rotate it. Furthermore, if you look at his previous videos, there are a bunch of people who say that this guy is straight up retarded at RPGs, didn't know how to level up, and skipped all the good loot. This in addition to forgetting to get the item he came for in the first place. If a guy like that could figure out that the claw could be rotated in only 10 seconds, I don't see why figuring it out on your own is so difficult.
>>387392889
12:38-12:40
>>
>>387393992
>If it's a RPG where jumping has never been used or explained, I'd assume I'd need to make bridges or solve some plot flag so I can walk over the areas I need to get past.
>lenghty description/explanation of how the claw is the "key" to the puzzle somehow means the claw is a literal key
You are just retarded...if it's a puzzle and it has a key, it's obvious the key is not literal, otherwise it wouldn't be a puzzle but just a locked mechanism needing a key.
>>
>>387392171
i still can't believe there are people alive RIGHT NOW that didn't get this immediately, i didn't even get that it was a puzzle since it was so easy
>>
>>387394115
>I don't see why figuring it out on your own is so difficult.
but why is rotating the claw what has to be figured out, rather than figuring out to look at the claw
>>
>>387394064
>>didn't think to inspect the claw.
>Hey let me just read the developer's mind to know that there is an undocumented feature that is used only for this specific puzzle and will do nothing but waste time every time one of these doors appears.
>>
>>387393980
Fucking this.
People are too stupid to actually read the fucking clues the game gives you and don't have every single answer to every puzzle ham-fistedly shoved into their face then complain that it's "Bad Game Design".

Worst part is that I see people complaining on here about games hand holding you and just outright giving you answers (in fact people complain about this with Skyrim specifically because of the quest markers, constantly mewling for a return of the detailed journal and removal of quest markers from Morrowind). Then when a puzzle that actually requires them to read stuff in the game and solve a puzzle without just being outright told the answer they fucking bitch about it being too hard.

These people don't want the quest markers removed in favour of detailed written directions, they'd just get lost constantly then complain that it was bad game design.
>>
>>387392171
I had REmake to thank for examining items in detail, so this was like second nature for me.
>>
>>387394212
Because if it was told to you that items can be rotated but this function is completely useless except for ONE item, telling you so would be giving you the solution.
>>
>>387393641
no button prompt to inspect items
>>
>>387394079
>you reach a door with an engraving of a quest item given to you by an NPC
>the engraving appears to have slots to insert said quest item thus implying the quest item acts as a sort of key
>insert the quest item does not open the door
>notice strange runes above door
>notice the runes are movable
>doesn't proceed to think the runes are part of the lock and need to be arranged in the proper manner
>further fails to consider looking at the fucking quest item to see if it bears any clues to unlocking the door

RPG 101

People like you are why video games become casualized.
>>
>>387394228
>gameplay documented in-universe with clues
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY DIDN'T A VOICED CHARACTER TELL ME THIS DIRECTLY?
I bet BotW was fun for you.
>>
>>387394289
but isn't the book what is telling you the solution?
why is the undocumented button press coming into play?
>>
>>387394261
>anons critiquing game for not introducing rotate mechanic in any way
>hand holding

No one is bitching about the puzzle itself, retard.
>>
Brainlet genocide when?
>>
>>387393641
pretty sure you have to actually mouse over and drag the thing around instead of just moving one of the two sticks you have
>>
>>387394324
What retard puts the code for a door on the key? If you're going to do that, don't have the code in the first place.
>>
>>387394394
This is Bethesda we're talking about here
>>
>>387394289
>game has menu prompt for rotating/teaches you how in the first 5 mins of the game
>this somehow ruins puzzles later on in the game
k
>>
>>387392171
the funny thing is you only have to move each ring twice
there's no complexity at all
>>
File: ScreenShot9.png (2MB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot9.png
2MB, 1440x810px
>>387394324
you're missing the point
how is this menu, with "equip" and "drop" button prompts for available actions on the item, somehow considered grander, less casual, truly hardcore, for maximum fans of the genre, no posers allowed, ultimate rpg experience, somehow considered better to you, for lacking "[M1] Inspect item"
>>
>>387394212
Because literally anyone with common sense would try to see if there was a way to inspect the claw further to see the symbols better. Like I said, in the default camera angle the game positions the claw in, there are very obviously symbols there. The fact that there are three of them is also very obvious. The fact that the door also has three symbols is also very obvious. The fact that from that camera angle, you can make out animal symbols, symbols which are also on the door, is very obvious. So therefore, it is logical to say that "Let's try to look at these symbols in greater detail. Can I do that?" And someone who multiple people said is retarded at Skyrim, doesn't know how to level up, and did not pick up the item he came to the dungeon for even though he's playing with quest markers, answered that question in 10 seconds.
>>
File: 1492803967475.jpg (49KB, 665x574px) Image search: [Google]
1492803967475.jpg
49KB, 665x574px
Wh-what? Am I really reading this tripe right? Have you fuckers ever played RPG games with actual puzzles and problem solving? Was Skyrim your first RPG? You sincerely believe rotating an object to find the answer like a tabloid's upsidedown answers to last week's crossword puzzle is clever game design? Then do it again times 30? You chuckelfucks read too much into this schlock.
>>
>>387394371
You really need the game to explain that you can rotate items? Fucking seriously?

Alright, on all the loading screens did when the model popped up did you not ever touch it with your mouse and realize you could rotate it? If you did then why is it such a leap to assume you could rotate items in the inventory screen?
>>
>>387394519
if anyone with common sense would try to see if there was a way to inspect the claw, then why are you offended by the idea of it saying what button on the menu is what allows you to inspect the claw?
>>
>>387394551
>Was Skyrim your first RPG?
No, they're true RPG oldfags who started with Oblivion! ;^)
>>
>>387394519
>in the default camera angle the game positions the claw in, there are very obviously symbols there
Unless, of course, you grab the item in 1/4 of a second and don't even look at it because who gives a fuck what it looks like.
>>
>>387394551
>play a new game for first time
>immediately try everything I've learned from ever past game
yeah it's not like the 6 previous games didn't have this and whatnot.
>>
>>387394590
I'm not sure what you're talking about; you've probably got me mixed up with another anon. I was disputing the claim that I only knew the markings were obvious because I completed the puzzle already by providing the perspective of someone who didn't, and noting that the markings were obvious because the default camera positioning of the claw makes it clear that there are markings on the claw.
>>
>>387394551
I'm not saying it's hard. I'm saying it's pointless and stupid.
>>
>>387394656
You could easily bruteforce it in a couple seconds, though. What does it matter if it was done before or not in previous games? It's functionally insipid.
>>
>>387394332
the book is giving you clues about what item to use, not the solution.
finding out how that item is used(rotating it) is the solution.
Both parts are portion of the puzzle.

>>387394472
it does if rotating items is only useful on ONE item in a puzzle and rotating it is the solution to the puzzle, it's literally giving you the solution
>>
>>387394551
It's even more retarded than you think it is. They aren't even complaining about the puzzle, they're complaining because they couldn't figure out how to rotate an item on the inventory screen. Fucking unbelievable.

We're dealing with the kinds of people who need the game to tell them WASD moves your character.
>>
>>387394764
>We're dealing with the kinds of people who need the game to tell them WASD moves your character.
But it has to be spoken by a character, because fuck reading. Reading is for gays.

They are the reason Fallout 4 has a voiced protagonist.
>>
>>387394576
You have to click and drag so no
>you can turn your character so why is it such a leap to assume you can't turn objects?
That's how shit your logic is.
>>
>>387392575
>wah muh path finders
>fuckin hand holding
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMhwddNQSWQ
>>
>>387394576
>Alright, on all the loading screens did when the model popped up did you not ever touch it with your mouse and realize you could rotate it?
why would you just randomly press buttons during a loading screen?
just be patient while the game loads

>>387394656
actually i believe redguard did let you rotate items

>>387394754
>finding out how that item is used(rotating it) is the solution.
you considering pressing random buttons in a menu till something that isn't listed happens to be a good puzzle?
perhaps we should have randomly pressed scroll lock to finish a puzzle
>>
>>387394906
>can*
Fuck it, better just kms
>>
>>387394764
Yes, how dare these people not know how to do something that is never used for 99.99% of the game and is documented in no way for a nonsensical puzzle.
>>
>>387394948
>why would you just randomly press buttons during a loading screen?
>just be patient while the game loads
Why would you randomly move right stick on a controller in the inventory?
Just be patient and use the left one.
>>
>>387395034
>Why would you randomly move right stick on a controller in the inventory?
i have no idea, why?
>>
I seriously didnt know the answer was on the claw until this thread. I always just tried random combos, assuming that two symbols wouldnt repeat. It takes about 60 seconds to solve this way if you are unlucky, i always thought that was the puzzle, it never even bothered me.
>>
>>387394754
>first time playing Skyrim
>game teaches me how to rotate items
>get to this puzzle
>"oh this is the only time in this game where this mechanic will ever be useful"
k

I'm sure you knew that the physic log kill on the Scamp in Oblivion was the only time that was gonna be used too
>>
>>387395061
>i always thought that was the puzzle, it never even bothered me.
Then you're probably not a butthurt Obsidiot still shitposting about Bethesda seven years after New Vegas came out.
>>
File: claw2.png (981KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
claw2.png
981KB, 1440x900px
>>387394634
The camera angle is always the same until you change it. Two videos later, when he interacts with the door, the claw is in the same camera position as it was when he first found it. If you didn't look at the item before, you will now, especially since the journal told you the claw was relevant to the door puzzle, and you have nothing else concrete to work with. The symbols are still obviously there, and in fact, the lighting of the door room seems to make them even more pronounced. I even checked the resolution of both videos to see if they were different, and the answer was no, they were both at 480p.

Plus, it's a strange item, and a quest item to boot. Why would you not look at it?
>>
File: projector.jpg (50KB, 1500x841px) Image search: [Google]
projector.jpg
50KB, 1500x841px
>>387395140
>>
>>387392171
>cant find stones for a spin the stones password
>just try it in a logical fashion with brute force
(1111, 1112,1113 etc)
>>
>>387395034
Why would you not intuitively assume you could rotate 3d items in your inventory? I mean they put them right there so you can look at their graphics, you mean to tell me you assume they will only allow you to view them from one angle? How are people this dumb?
>>
>>387395196
It's good that it was designed in a way that you could sort of make out symbols. It was bad that there was nothing on the menu that told you how to look at the item in greater detail.
>>
>>387395312
>I mean they put them right there so you can look at their graphics
considering the track record, could it not have been that they put them right there because they didn't want to make hand painted icons for them again?
>>
>>387392171
There's a journal you get ON THE BODY of the guy you get the key from. It says "the answer is in the palm of your hand"

If you can't solve a riddle so fucking simple you are a mega casual and should stick to candy crush
>>
>>387395196
>Plus, it's a strange item, and a quest item to boot. Why would you not look at it?
No voice in your ear telling you to rotate the item to solve the "puzzle." Reading is for fags.
>>
>>387395396
>Reading is for fags.
but there better not be any damn words to read in the menus, that should be PURE random button mashing, boy howdy
>>
>>387395312
Not to mention that you can also rotate items in the loading screens when there is literally nothing better for you to do and one of the loading screens has a hint that actually does specifically say that you can rotate items in your inventory to look at them.
>>
>>387395140
I really dont like bethesda games, the oversaturation of loot ruins it for me. Its like, i could be playing a cool rpg, but instead im playing a hobo dumpster diving simulator.
>>
>>387395196
I know the claw is interacting with the door when the game shows it going into the holes and turning. I have no reason to look at it in my inventory at that point as the claw is clearly not the problem, the rings are. So I looked around the area for the answer to the rings, because it is retarded to think the code would be stamped on the claw, making the code useless.
>Plus, it's a strange item, and a quest item to boot. Why would you not look at it?
Because I don't care about how it looks, just if it works or how much I can sell it for.
>>
>>387395454
Fallout 4 is literally the only one where you need to pick up junk, and even then it's only really if you want to engage in the settlement minigame thing. So many people assume that because each knife and fork and plate etc. is its own object you should still be playing it like an old-school RPG where you just hoover up everything in case you need it later.
>>
>>387395454
I actually like that you can loot everything. It's realistic, you kill some asshole so of course you can take his clothes and weapons, they didn't just suddenly vanish into the ether when he died.
>>
>>387392171
>Fucking casuals! They need their hand held with the most trivial bullshit. Walking tutorials, shooting tutorials. WAIT A MINUTE THAT CARD!
>Where does it say I can rotate items in the inventory? Just some vague as fuck journal entry? How was I supposed to solve this? IT'S TOO VAGUE THERE'S NOTHING I CAN DO WOW
>>
>>387395389
>don't play a lot of rpg's
>skyrim was my first rpg
>didn't know how to into rpg's
I looked up a guide when I couldn't figure it out and I felt so stupid afterwards
>>
>>387395581
how to spot the losing argument
poster count doesn't increase
>>
God, please tell me there's a DSP video where he solves this in 10 seconds just to blow out the assholes of these brainlets.
>>
>>387395443
This is on the level of people complaining that a game didnt tell you to use left stick to move.
>>
>>387395672
how rekt do you have to be to keep replying to nobody
>>
>>387395705
I'm not certain, you're still giving me (You)s.
>>
>>387395681
the game does, in fact, tell you how to move
and jump, and open the menu, and equip items, and consume potions
but looking at items is a step too far

>>387395745
ah yes, the famous (you) upvotes
enjoy them
>>
>>387395681
>Moving
>Necessary to do anything in almost every game
>Rotating objects in inventory
>Usually only in the game so the 3D modelers can show how pretty their items look.
>>
>>387395637
One could almost say it was never an argument to begin with.
>>
>>387394764
And here I was thinking the big "PRESS SQUARE TO RELOAD" prompts in every CoD game that you can't fucking disable were there just o piss me off. It turns out there actually are people that wont think to press the reload button after shooting their gun without an onscreen prompt.
>>
>>387395792
yeah i mean it says it right on the tin
bethesda game? of course it's bad design, there isn't a debate
>>
Isn't there quite literally an "inspect item" button on the inventory UI?

The one that brings you to an empty screen where it zooms in on the item and lets you rotate it?

Isn't the claw's default position showing it's palm (and thus, the solution) anyways?
>>
File: 1403791384870.png (922KB, 400x543px) Image search: [Google]
1403791384870.png
922KB, 400x543px
>>387392171
>Todds Skyrim pitch
>"Skyrim will have puzzles like this so this item rotation feature is necessary!!"
>Literally the only thing in the game that needs item rotation
>Literally one of 2 kinds of door opening "puzzles" in the game

All those features that were removed from the previous games were totally worth it for this!
>>
>>387395835
>Isn't there quite literally an "inspect item" button on the inventory UI?
no, there isn't, you need to press buttons randomly in order to access the feature

>Isn't the claw's default position showing it's palm (and thus, the solution) anyways?
yes
>>
>>387392171
there's also the fact that those are easy as shit to just guess
It's usually just one rotation per ring, or maybe two
>>
ITT: idiots desperately try to defend the fact that they were too stupid to try rotating the item

When even the millions of normie casuals who bought the game had no issue with it "DUDE skyrim is the best game ever!"
>>
>>387395569
Its not that i hoover up everything, its just the constant minigame of deciding what to leave and what to take is mentally exhausting, or looking in every little corner of every empty building so you dont miss anything important.

Bethesda games are just these intricately crafted, detailed worlds, that i just cannot force myself to give a shit about. Something just seems off about their games, i cant quite put my finger on it.
>>
>>387395569
>>387395571
i think his issue is more with the fact that the game throws tons of "loot" at you that is garbage because of skyrims horrible level scaling and loot lists.
>>
>>387395850
>Literally one of 2 kinds of door opening "puzzles" in the game
looks like someone didnt explore too much :^)
>>
>>387395870
So you don't even need to rotate the item to solve the puzzle. And this thread is entirely pointless?
>>
>>387395939
>Bethesda games are just these intricately crafted, detailed worlds, that i just cannot force myself to give a shit about. Something just seems off about their games, i cant quite put my finger on it.
The environments are intricately crafted but the characters and storylines are almost always painted with broad stroked that are shitty.

Also you can get mods that give you a price to weight ratio on the loot so you're not lugging around a 20 pound hunk of crap that will sell for 5 gold.

>>387395987
The point of this thread is to expose idiots who refuse to read notes in RPGs.
>>
File: Hollow Knight map.jpg (418KB, 1764x1240px) Image search: [Google]
Hollow Knight map.jpg
418KB, 1764x1240px
This map.
>>
>>387395850
You don't need to rotate it though. You can clearly see all 3 symbols from it's default inventory position.

Multiple screenshots have already been posted in this very thread, thus BTFO'ing all the fucking morons who didn't understand one of the most casual puzzles ever made

You guys are the reason why Fallout 4 was even MORE dumbed down than skyrim
>>
>get golden claw
>get journal
>the KEY is in the PALM of your hand
>get to door see key hole
>look at palm of claw
>open door
???? where do the problems come up?
>>
>>387395520
>it is retarded to think the code would be stamped on the claw
In terms of logic, yes. In terms of the game, no, since the journal told you that once you have the golden claw, the answer to the door puzzle would be in the palm of your hands. Ergo, the answer to the door puzzle is in your possession. And what's the only thing in your possession that has to do with the door? The claw. In your scenario, you know this because you had already used the claw to interact with the door. Therefore, the claw might give clues as to what the answer to the door puzzle is. That's when you go into your inventory and you look at it again.

Yes, it's strange and illogical that a redundant code would be on the key. But part of playing a video game is adapting to how it works. And this game, no matter how implausible the actual scenario is, is no different.
>>
>>387396060
Never played the game but this looks pretty cool, what's the matter?
>>
>>387396070
>You guys are the reason why Fallout 4 was even MORE dumbed down than skyrim
HATE /v/
>>
File: 1401169383014.jpg (242KB, 744x728px) Image search: [Google]
1401169383014.jpg
242KB, 744x728px
>>387395907
3 symbols is the minimum required to make a puzzle like this. There's only 6 combinations possible so a monkey could figure it out.

At the rate we're going Fallout 4 is already no more an RPG than FarCry3 was.
>>
>>387395681
>press every key on keyboard, oh the W key goes forward
>this is typical in 100% of PC games

>go into inventory
>press every key
>nothing rotates
>move mouse
>doesn't rotate
>game hasn't mentioned rotating at all
>mechanic isn't in 90% of PC games and wasn't in previous ES games
>>
>>387396078
>get journal

Uh, you lost me there
>>
>>387396128
Nah, in Far Cry 3 you couldn't back out of missions. In Fallout 4 you have three ways to say yes and a "No, later" dialogue.
>>
>>387396149
>go into inventory
>mash keys like a mong
>see the pattern pointed directly at your face
>have a light chuckle
>open door
fixed it for ya
>>
>>387396128
Isn't there way more than 6 combos?

There's 3 symbols per ring, and there's 3 rings, so any combination of those
>>
>>387395870
>randomly
There are only a couple of keys it could logically be
>fkeys are out of the question
>keys that already have bindings to them are out
>number keys are used for shortcuts if i remember correctly
>the arrangement of the keys would have to follow a form of directional compass
>should all of the possible working keys fail you have a mouse
>>
>>387395987
the point of the thread is "why is rotating items left undocumented"
you'll see plenty of people clamouring about how genius they feel after solving the "puzzle"

they're quite proud of this sole accomplishment of theirs
>>
Stop arguing about rotating. Rotating isn't even necessary for the puzzle, you are just exposing your own retardation here.
>>
>>387392171
If this isn't a troll thread it is the reason why games continue to be dumbed down so brainlets can feel smart when they follow the arrow and get an achievement for it.
>>
>>387396105
The main reason I didn't look at the claw is because of the puzzle a few minutes earlier where you have to look around the room to find the solution for rotating pillars. I assumed this puzzle would be the same where the solution is in the area, as that makes more sense to me.
>>
>>387396248
>>keys that already have bindings to them are out
are they? you're not going to try any of those?
guess you're not going to be able to solve this clever menu puzzle ;)
>>
>>387392171
>Get told that the claw is the key to the door
>get to door
>it has a combination lock
>open inventory
>rotate right stick
>object moves
WOOOW
>>
>>387396269
You don't need to rotate the claw to see all 3 symbols on it's palm.
>>
>>387396054
>The environments are intricately crafted but the characters and storylines are almost always painted with broad stroked that are shitty.
I think thats it exactly, combat is meh, story is meh, invariably spend 90% of gameplay in empty building looking for valuables.

Weight management isnt my issue with their loot system, its the tediously looking around for valuables rather than actually progressing in the game that bothers me. Im not even saying its a bad system, its very detailed, lots if people really enjoy it. For me personally it makes the games so unfun that they are unplayable.

I did love morrowind when i was younger, because i viewed the open world through the eyes of childlike wonder.
>>
>>387396354
and?
>>
>>387396326
>menu is a puzzle
cool joke
>>
>>387396109
Overall the map is poorly laid out. It forces you to do a lot of traversal and the "gates" feel poorly positioned/implemented.
>>
>>387396380
everyone in this thread saying brainlet seems to be serious about the menu being a puzzle
>>
>>387396301
I beat Arena - Morrowind without looking anything up
The reason I got stuck on this is because the game doesn't mention rotating anywhere and never introduces you to the mechanic. Fuck off.
>>
>>387396376
>start up new save
>ignore picking up anything that isnt slearly worth a few hundred gold
>by level 4 have 4k gold to buy whatever else is needed
if you actually spend your time searching every little crevice of every shithole shack you come across, you have autism
>>
>>387396379
The whole argument about rotating is baseless. The puzzle doesn't require rotating.
>>
>>387396229
Yeah true, they can repeat. So its like 27 or something.
>>
>>387396376
Morrowind was my introduction to their games and open world games as a whole, I'm pretty sure. I still get a kick out of them because I'm an explorefag and Bethesda's environment artists are some of the best in the business, so I just wander around looking for neat shit and wishing I could make things that look natural in the CK.

>>387396427
THE ROTATION IS NOT NEEDED. THE SYMBOLS ARE VISIBLE BY DEFAULT.
>>
>>387396476
so why is it a positive aspect that the menu does not tell you how to rotate?
>>
>>387396417
There might be some misinterpretation because I cannot fathom someone genuinely thinking that
>>
>>387396427
see
>>387396476
>>
>>387396070
Not sure how you extrapolated that from my post, but more power to you.
>>
>>387392171
Everything leading up to the Golden Claw is fine, they even dropped a hint within a journal, but the ability to find out that the model itself could be rotated isn't exactly intuitive.
>>
>>387396512
no, in the previous thread even, apparently figuring out the mechanic to rotate is considered a riddle more than the fact that the claw has anything on it
>>
>>387392240
Not op, but when I first played Skyrim I played on such low quality that looking on the claw didn't help, you could barely understand what was on it.
>>
>>387393980
Game even tells you to read the journal in the quest description if i don't remember wrong
>>
>>387394551
I was just assuming this entire thread is being ironic I'm still going to assume that this is what is going on here. People are just making jokes clearly.
>>
>>387396543
that may have been a jab at bethesda
>>
>>387396539
Fortunately the glyphs are facing you by default.
>>
>>387396229
If youre retarded and think they would use the same symbol twice for the solution then yeah.
>>
>>387396618
some of them do
>>
>>387396510
Why does it matter if you never need to rotate anything?

You can rotate the models on the loading screens too, and the game never tells you, is that also a flaw?
>>
>>387396556
>have shit hardware
>blame bethesda
get a job or get back over the wall amigo
>>
>>387396427
>The reason I got stuck on this is because the game doesn't mention rotating anywhere and never introduces you to the mechanic.
You get a journal which basically tells you to look at the item you just got. The item appears in the inventory and the default position shows the symbols simmilar to the ones on the door. You would have to be an absolute retard to assume you have to push a button to rotate it instead of using the mouse.
>>
>>387396269
Because rotating items isnt an essential feature to anything in the game, including the claw puzzle.
>>
>>387396476
>>387396520
Great. I sure love brute forcing a puzzle and having no idea how to actually complete it every time.
Now fucking leave.
>>
>>387396543
You don't need to rotate. The claw has it's palm showing in the inventory by default.
>>
File: 1398951498117.jpg (25KB, 443x388px) Image search: [Google]
1398951498117.jpg
25KB, 443x388px
The only reason i knew you could rotate items was because i saw Todd himself sell the game live on GameSpot show or something, telling us how rich of a feature rotation is. Despite the fact everything else in the game has been cut. Like the stats reduced to 3. The awfull perk system. Less/more boring spells. Less separate armour items.

Todd sold his rotation garbage to hide the fact the games keep being dumbed down more and more.
>>
>>387396672
>Why does it matter
oh it's an easter egg now?
wowieee
>>
>>387396734
that was the quakecon leaked footage
it's demonstrated that rotating the claw is the intended solution
>>
>>387396734
>hiding streamlining
Nigger, do you think hardcore gamers make up more than a fraction of the 12 million Skyrim players or whatever it's up to now? We could have another Morrowind if you'd be happy with it still looking like 2001.
>>
>>387396730
Why would you need to brute force? The claw shows the 3 symbols in it's default inventory position.

The only reason why it wouldn't is if you somehow managed to accidentally rotate it beforehand, which I'm almost certain is fixed by exiting and entering the inventory
>>
>>387396730
low quality bait
>>
>>387396472
I think these games really do trigger some type of ocd/autism in me, i try to play like you, invariably end up sperging out in some empty shack.
>>
>>387396734
This.

The muh "YOU CAN ROTATE INVENTORY AN SHIIET" feature was heavily advertised.

Does the game even use this feature on anything else except this claw puzzle?
>>
>>387396734
You don't need to rotate the claw, it's palm and the 3 door symbols on it are visible by default
>>
>>387396883
No
>>
>>387396427
You dont even need the claw, how do you get stuck on a lock with only 6 realistic combinations?
>>
>>387396883
There's a few claw puzzles but that's about it. There were those numbers you could find on the bug jars but I don't think there was any real reason for them.
>>
>>387396696
Except you have to click and drag, nigger.
The 'pushing buttons to try rotating it' is against the retards saying "WOW HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WASD MOVES YOU???"
Why the fuck should I have to click and drag on accident in the menu to discover a mechanic?
>>
>>387396883
>The muh "YOU CAN ROTATE INVENTORY AN SHIIET" feature was heavily advertised.
The NPC working the sawmill also got cheers from the crowd during that presentation. It's literally built for normies.
>>
>>387396816
Hardcore doesn't matter. They still could have retained complexity because the game sold on its good looks and premise. The average chad wasn't excited to have Mana/Health/Stamina, he was excited to hurl fireballs and wave a sword in an open world game.

It would've sold just fine being morrowind like anyway. Todd just needed to lie from an other angle. Instead of pretending the game was an RPG, he should've pretended an RPG game was an Action game it was.
>>
>>387396734
>>387396791
>>387396883
https://youtu.be/zvmdT-Sl7zw?t=22m1s

This is where Todd demonstrated item rotation on the golden claw.
>>
>>387396883
It doesn't use it period. It's a purely cosmetic feature not needed for any quest.

You CAN rotate it and look at the symbols from another angle, or flip it however you please, but they're already visible even if you don't do that.
>>
>>387396510
If they didnt let you rotate items, would you complain about it?
>>
>>387396993
>Instead of pretending the game was an RPG, he should've pretended an RPG game was an Action game it was.
And that would have burned the 11 million dudebros and turned them off the next Bethesda game, instead of burning the 1 million hardcore gamers who will inevitably pick up the next game anyway, even if they pirate it.
>>
>>387396982
>Except you have to click and drag
yes, and?

>Why the fuck should I have to click and drag
Is this your first PC game?
>>
>>387396982
You don't need to rotate anything anyways. It's purely cosmetic and all the positions reset after you leave the inventory.

Why does it matter?
>>
>>387396898
Yes, Todd actually ruined the only 'puzzle' in the game with his live pitch. He sold the idea that alot of items will be needed to be able to rotate and that's gonna be a significant mechanic in the game for potential answers.

it wasn't. And at some point they rotated the claw bottom first so you even wouldn't need to rotate it, making his live presentation all the more bullshit.
>>
>>387392720
>>387392171
Too bad that's literally the only puzzle in the game like that that is clever. You never find another one. It's only in this one heavily scripted dungeon they put effort into. Then it just repeats in random locations.

So fucking poor.
>>
>>387397060
i complain because i watched this >>387397000
it's stupid that it's a feature that was demonstrated on stage, and the devekioer intended solution to a puzzle, but the menu is missing the legend for what buttons to press in order to do such a thing
>>
>>387397063
Is this yours?
Count up how many PC games let you do this and weigh it against the amount that don't.
Now count how many of those games where they directly tell you/show you the rotation mechanic, unlike Skyrim.
>>
>devs give gamers an ounce of credit for their intellectual capacity
>gamers still REEEEE six years later that it wasn't handheld enough
I weep for future generations of gamers whose most in-depth experiences will be Telltale games.
>>
>>387397157
There's a few cool puzzles in the DLC involving steam valves, simple calculations, water levels, and moving platforms.
>>
>>387397248
games will be as poor as your argument
>>
>>387393419
IIRC the PC version of Skyrim didn't have the ability to rotate items in your inventory and was fixed in the first minor patch about 2-3 weeks after launch.
Not defending anyone but from reading the thread so far it seems like a lot of people have forgotten that.
>>
>>387397271
please explain how this "claw puzzle" is anything more than a completely simple straightforward puzzle designed for even normies to understand

The fact that there's people in this thread saying it was bullshit boggles my fucking mind
>>
>>387397271
There is no argument. The solution is laid out for you but reading a few lines of text was too much, so more than half a decade later you're still clutching your dislocated anus.
>>
>>387397000
I think i saw a diffrent video where he brought even more attention to the mechanic.

The show had a host and todd was on the stage.
>>
>>387397312
You don't need to rotate the claw to solve the puzzle. All 3 icons are visible in the claw's default position.

Maybe if you were playing at fucking 480p resolution you couldn't see them, but that's your own fault and wouldn't be solved by rotating.
>>
>>387392171
Its like most of you dont even play games.
>>
>>387397330
>please explain how this "claw puzzle" is anything more than a completely simple straightforward puzzle designed for even normies to understand
it isn't
please explain how it's good game design to leave a feature of the menu undocumented

>>387397342
i knew the solution before the game released, and that is not the problem
why do you fervently defend this development issue with such a gosh darn simple solution?
>>
>>387397417
why should it be documented?
>>
>>387397474
is it better not to be?
>>
>>387397312
As far as I know, the PC version had rotation at the earliest 5 days after the game was released.

This video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmgXsutPTk4
is dated Nov 16, 2011, and from 11:11 to 11:16, he zooms in and rotates the claw.
>>
>>387397225
Oblivion had the mouse rotating your character in the menu. It also had you clicking and dragging the map to move around it. None of this was told to you yet people were smart enough to figure it out and didn't cry about it for 6 years.
>>
>>387397417
Why does rotating items in the menu have anything to do with good game design when you never need to do it to perform any task in the game
>>
>>387397417
>please explain how it's good game design to leave a feature of the menu undocumented
FUCKING NINTENDO WHY WAS WAVEDASHING UNDOCUMENTED IN MELEE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>387397502
people have always cried about oblivion's menus being poor
people cry about skyrim's menus being poor
>>
>>387397330
The puzzle is easy
The lack of in game acknowledgement to the player that a mechanic exists to help you figure out said puzzle is bullshit

None of us got stuck on this puzzle because we either looked it up or forced our way through trying every combination.

Easy puzzle =/= Excuse for poor game design
>>
>>387397525
it's the developer intended solution to the "puzzle"

do you believe this feature should be exclusive to hamhands that press buttons randomly, and people that watch prerelease footage?
>>
>>387397502
Cause the expecations that you could do that was already in the average players consciousness as most games have those features.

Looking at items models up close for answers isn't a common feature.
>>
File: 1498714866568.png (487KB, 536x560px) Image search: [Google]
1498714866568.png
487KB, 536x560px
You are stupidest mother fuckers on this planet and I sincerely hope none of you have offspring
Oh wait you can't anyway because there's no fucking button prompts.
>>
>>387397592
>None of us got stuck on this puzzle because we either looked it up or forced our way through trying every combination.
Or we did the intended thing and solved it using the clue in the journal, you fucking subliterate trash.
>>
>>387397621
cool post
cooler poster

you win all of the internets today
>>
>>387397592
>help you figure out said puzzle

The claw's default position has it's palm and all 3 key icons facing directly towards the "camera". You don't need to rotate it. It wouldn't even help, all you'd be getting is a slightly different angle to show the exact same thing.
>>
>>387397540
Yeah, menus in both of those games were console shit.

Having scroll down lists are the bottom of the barrel of the menu world. Unintuitive, limiting, you need to read names instead of just glance at an item or hover over to determine whether it's what you want.

Literally hitler tier stuff.
>>
>>387397535
Wavedashing was accidental, the developers just didn't bother to remove it because they figured it wasn't detrimental to the game. It's not the same as intentionally putting a mechanic essential to completing the game in and then not mentioning it anywhere.
>>
>>387397630
why do you call people illiterate when you so staunchly defend there being less words in the game, like one on the menu to tell you which button inspects an item
>>
>complain that modern TES is too casual
>complain about this.

Id hate to see you fucks in games like Killer 7
>>
File: 1501962083783m.jpg (79KB, 1024x934px) Image search: [Google]
1501962083783m.jpg
79KB, 1024x934px
>>387396561
After seeing legit threads praising MW2's story and characters, I'd have to say the overton window for Poe's Law has shifted far into shit taste territory.
>>
>>387397417
Because its a non issue, if you cant automatically assume you can click and drag large 3d items in your inventory, then you are retarded and dont deserve any video games. Forsaking intuitive design for button promps for every fucking thing is not good design. Its your opinion there should be a button prompt, besause you are retarded and couldnt figure something out. Instead of accepting this fact, you have to bitch and moan and say something must be changed just because you had a hard time accomplishing a simple task. The more they pander to people like you, the more dumbed down everything gets, they will be afraid to add any features because little retarded jimmy might not be able to figure them out.
>>
I just fucking guessed. There's only 27 possible combinations, that takes like 1 minute to try them all out.
>>
>>387397502
Good thing viewing my character isn't required for anything.
Clicking and dragging a map when it gives you a fucking pointer is a standard.
Gee I wonder why no one bitched about those, really makes you meme.
>>
>>387397630
OR we watched Todd give the answer to the only puzzle in the game before the game was released and never had the chance to test our casual levels.
>>
>>387397592
I didn't look it up or bruteforce, I read the book from the dead elf then I looked at the key and put in the correct combo
>>
>>387397540
Oblivion's menu for PC is fine but Skyrim's was shit since it was designed with consoles in mind. The items model was still available and it should have been obvious to click and drag it to look at it. Thinking you had to push a button to rotate it is fucking retarded.
>>
>>387397746
> you have to bitch and moan and say something must be changed just because you had a hard time accomplishing a simple task.
but i watched the prerelease footage, demonstrating this, and had no time hard time accomplishing the task
and i still think it's a stupid decision

what now?
your argument is baseless
>>
>have a puzzle
>its almost impossible to figure out on your own
>show how to solve it in the trailer footage
>litterally every single dungeon has the EXACT same solution, the only thing different is the code you input which is the boring part

this is probably the worst puzzle in video games.
>>
>>387397764
>Good thing viewing my character isn't required for anything
Neither is rotating the claw
>>
File: 1501091296930.png (73KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1501091296930.png
73KB, 184x184px
I'm more dissapointed with how once you figure out the problem, you just end up repeating.
>Walk through dungeon
>Find claw
>2 minutes later you're using it in the same dungeon
There's no apparent attempt at more interesting situations. A broken claw where you need to find its parts across several places, a fake claw left by a bandit, a claw with its symbols scratched away because someone didn't want anyone else to know the answer so you'd have to find that guy's journal for the answer or something.
It's just, find claw, look at claw, use combo.
>>
>>387397876
technically looking at the claw isn't required either, you know
>>
File: wooooooooooooow.png (542KB, 686x521px) Image search: [Google]
wooooooooooooow.png
542KB, 686x521px
>>387397417
>undocumented
RTFM retard
>>
>>387397596
>exclusive
First of all, the console versions of the game (where the large majority of the sales came from) have an inspect item prompt on the menu

Secondly, when I played through, I never rotated the claw. But not long afterwards I found a cool sword and managed to figure out I could rotate it. Clicking on the 3D model isn't rocket science. And I won't say it's a bad feature because it's entirely cosmetic. That's like complaining that nobody told me I could have an alternative startup animation on my GameCube by holding Z.
>>
>>387397379
Even at the 480p Youtube resolution I took these screenshots
>>387392720
>>387395196
in, I could still make out that the solution is
>bear
>some thing with outstretched wings
>owl, or some elliptical thing
There really isn't any excuse, especially since there are no other symbols. Plus, I also played vanilla Skyrim on a console, although it was on a 1080p flat screen TV, and I figured out the claw puzzle without using rotation.
>>
File: 1477532581286.jpg (92KB, 607x537px) Image search: [Google]
1477532581286.jpg
92KB, 607x537px
>>387397825
>>its almost impossible to figure out on your own
>>
>>387397621
The thread was worth it just for this comment.
>>
>>387392171
I should've had an NPC tell you check an item at the beginning of the game, to demonstrate it.
>>
>>387397497
why would it be better if it was documented?
>>
>>387397825
>almost impossible
Try brain-dead simple. This puzzle was made for the most casual of players, there's a reason why normies like skyrim so much
>>
File: 1502860527797.jpg (180KB, 767x1205px) Image search: [Google]
1502860527797.jpg
180KB, 767x1205px
>>387397720
>mfw I see a thread saying MW2's online is the greatest FPS ever
>>
>>387397946
>First of all, the console versions of the game (where the large majority of the sales came from) have an inspect item prompt on the menu
do you have a picture of this?

>>387398006
because todd wants you to rotate the claw, he shows that the claw can be rotated
but why didn't todd tell us how to rotate the claw?
>>
>>387397818
Thinking every interaction with the game menu needs a button prompt is just your opinion, yet you speak it like fact, you make an issue out of a non issue, then demand everyone concede to poor game design. Noone gives a shit about your opinion of Skyrims menu design, you needy little bitch. Its your opinion, and like you said you never even had trouble figuring out rotation yourself, you just want validation for your gay opinion about a tiny irrelevant menu item.
>>
>>387397926
It is the intended solution though, and looking at it and figuring out the solution doesn't require rotating it.
>>
>>387397972
I know, angry 12 year old tier comments are best
>>
>>387397991
That'd be the best way. Just have a main quest where you have to look at the bottom of a boot or something.
It's also stupid in-game to have a puzzle that's so easily solved with a bit of patience. It'd make sense if it was like using both the claw and the combo on it to open the door, not just the combo.
>>
File: 1502386877967.jpg (90KB, 480x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502386877967.jpg
90KB, 480x720px
I brute forced it...
>>
>>387397926
I think that makes it an even shittier puzzle really. At least poison me for getting it wrong or something.
>>
>>387398108
wow you really like to type! good job!
you should work on your spelling though, my small worthless opinion, but people should spell things correctly
>>
>>387398072
>he shows that the claw can be rotated
>but why didn't todd tell us how to rotate the claw?
aren't those two basically the same thing?
>>
>>387398118
OP here, the button prompt part was funny and you know it.
>>
This shit reminds me of an old point and click game like grim fandango.
Lots of bullshit puzzles that, god knows why, people try to defend as logical.
This claw puzzle wasn't impossible to solve but it is shitty game design. They could have put some clear help in the game, like say a voiceline that tells you to take a closer look at the claw.
>>
>>387398219
we couldn't see his beautiful hands
i either need a button prompt or to see our prophet, no, our GOD's lovely smooth hands
>>
>>387398294
couldn't you just look at the screen
>>
>>387398072
>Todd wants you to rotate the claw

Apparently not considering how the palm is in full view, no rotating whatsoever required

I mean you'd be putting in useless effort by changing the rotation angle
>>
>>387398184
Now youre getting it, your opinion is worthless.
>>
So it's agreed then. PC gamers want Skyrim: The Elder Scrolls Six to have a 5 minute tutorial when entering the menu the first time to clearly explain every button and interaction that is possible.
>>
File: claw.jpg (126KB, 1748x998px) Image search: [Google]
claw.jpg
126KB, 1748x998px
Where are these comments saying that the claw is facing the viewer comming from?

Here's the earliest showing of Skyrims claw without rotation, first time it comes into your inventory.

There are no button prompts that the inventory item models are anything more than just vanity models as per standart expercations.

Todd gave the answer in these early videos too so i never even had the chance to figure it out, it was spoilered.

So the thread is full of a bunch of confused people misremembering the game and blaming each other for faults that were none.
>>
>>387398065
It sure as hell was the most influential
>>
>>387398287
>like say a voiceline that tells you to take a closer look at the claw.
wouldn't have helped because there's no indication on how to take a closer look

>>387398339
where?
>>
>>387398287
There is a journal that tells you to look at the claw.
>>
>>387398383

>>387397498
>>
File: aqua ranting.jpg (179KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
aqua ranting.jpg
179KB, 1280x738px
How fucking long have you people been arguing this? Are you serious? Just move the right stick! You don't need a button prompt, because just nudging the right stick will show that you can rotate inventory items. Do you people not have any fucking common sense? Do you not just press all the buttons so you know what each one of them do? Why has argument gone on for two fucking threads?

THIS MEME ISN'T FUNNY ANYMORE! PLEASE TELL ME YOU'RE ALL JOKING! IF I LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE THIS MANY PEOPLE ARE STUPID ENOUGH NOT TO GET THIS, THEN JUST FUCKING KILL ME, BECAUSE WW3 IS ON THE FUCKING WAY!

YOU PEOPLE HAVE THE AUDACITY TO COMPLAIN ABOUT "CASUALS" AND "NORMIES", YET YOU GET BEFUDDLED BY A FUCKING B E T H E S D A PUZZLE OF ALL THINGS? AND YOU BLAME IT ON ANYONE BUT YOURSELF? DO YOU HAVE NO FUCKING SHAME? YOU PEOPLE ARE RETARDED. THE SOONER YOU ACCEPT IT, THE SOONER AAA STUDIOS CAN ACCOMMODATE FOR YOUR MASS MENTAL HANDICAP!

I fucking hat this place
>>
>>387392841
Why does that dude have tits?
>>
>>387398287
But then its no longer a puzzle, you are no longer figuring anything out yourself. Saying puzzles are poor game design is just your opinion, a shitty one at that.
>>
>>387398383
You see those 3 round things on it? The ones in full view?

Those are the things you need to see to solve the puzzle
>>
File: 1485402361784.png (174KB, 373x373px) Image search: [Google]
1485402361784.png
174KB, 373x373px
This thread cant be serious right?
even if you don't know the solution you just rotate the pieces.
It takes less than 5 minutes to just rotate through all the options
holy shit this isn't actually 14 year olds right
>>
>>387398376
Button prompt will do just fine next to the other ones.
Maybe have a quest where an NPC straight up asks you to look at the back of something in their shop
>>
>>387398452
Yeah, he has to rotate it as its not clear what the symbols are.
>>
>>387398410
here >>387398383
looks like a screengrab from the early screenings don't have a link to the video on hand
>>
File: 1492953534618.jpg (769KB, 1600x1072px) Image search: [Google]
1492953534618.jpg
769KB, 1600x1072px
>>387398454
pretty sure this whole thread is just /v/ doing the "im dumb haha xD" shit they've been doing for 8+ years now
>>
File: Xhgl9[1].png (295KB, 380x640px) Image search: [Google]
Xhgl9[1].png
295KB, 380x640px
>>387398497
Problem is you have to rotate to see clearly unlike what people claim. The default position isn't this. The lighting isn't helping to see the answer unless you rotate it flat to the viewers perspective.
>>
>>387398514

>>387397592
>>
>>387398531
Maybe at that Stunning image quality theyre not, but as has been demonstrated earlier in the thread they're perfectly visible ingame at 480p and above
>>
>>387398607
explains all the people defending poor design as being OLD SCHOOL HARDCORE PROFEST
>>
>>387398531
I'll give you the bottom symbol but the first 2 are pretty clear.
>>
>>387398607
That's giving /v too much credit.
>>
>>387398454
I want to hug Aqua.
>>
File: JLKIJFq.jpg (146KB, 640x720px) Image search: [Google]
JLKIJFq.jpg
146KB, 640x720px
>>387398632
but you can't defend it that way because you literally sit back and rotate the pieces until you get the combo it wants.
It takes no time at all and nobody got hung up on this.
I refuse to believe anyone is actually willing to complain about something this simple
>>
>>387398617
I didn't need to rotate it to see them. I didn't even know you could rotate items until this thread, and I never had any trouble whatsoever. They're CLEARLY visible by "default position" or whatever you want to call it
>>
/v/ is absolutely retarded.
>hint that you need to use claw to get puzzle
MUH HANDHOLDING CASUALIZED RPG
>don't hint at it
WAAA I CANT THINK FOR MYSELF

This was one of easiest puzzles in gaming and it's so easy for a lore based reason, the doors are to seal Draugar in, not keep looters out.
>>
>>387398653
That's fine. I think all this unnecessary confusion could've been solved with the rest of the controls tutorial in the tutorial section, having the player pick something up while running from a dragon section and having to look at it.

Seems like the gimmick wasn't thought through by bethesda.
>>
>>387398632
Stop saying poor design like you are video game jesus. You have no authority to dictate what is or is not good game design. If you have an opinion fine, but quit talking like you have any authority on the subject.
>>
>>387398761
see >>387392307

>solution spelled out explicitly in journal
>HARDCORE

>prompt on menu to inspect item
>CASUAL
>>
>>387398764
>gimmick

YOU LITERALLY JUST TURN THE FUCKING TURNSTILES YOU FUCKING IDIOT
YOU FLICK THE FUCKING STICK IN ONE DIRECTION AND FIGURE IT OUT
>>
>>387398764
>Seems like the gimmick wasn't thought through by bethesda.

It really wasn't, just like anything by Bethesda past Morrowind.
>>
>>387398617

I can clearly see Bear, Moth, Owl in this 480p compressed YouTube screenshot at default position. Your argument is not correct. Especially when most people played at 720p or above.
>>387392720
>>
>>387398790
you gonna tell your mom on me if i keep it up or something?

we'll fucking go there
>>
File: Idiots_6b9d73_3895861.jpg (99KB, 780x488px) Image search: [Google]
Idiots_6b9d73_3895861.jpg
99KB, 780x488px
>>387398761
If anyone
and I mean ANYONE at all
is saying that they need a hint for this puzzle then they are late as a human to playing any video games in general or they are underage.
This is not an argument that can be had. Especially when there are games even in the PS2 era that required at least an hour to figure out puzzles on average.
>>
>>387398807
Whats a stick anon? Why are you shouting about sticks?
>>
>>387398806
it's more like two different shades of casual
>>
>>387398869
Im pointing out that you are acting like a retard, you cant unlearn that, enjoy the rest of your life.
>>
>>387398929
my menus always have one button prompt missing
that makes them HARDCORE
>>
>>387398845
Yeah, that's a shitty video ive looked at. I wish i had the chance to work out the puzzle myself, but the early marketing material kinda ruined at the chance.
>>
I swear when Elder VI Scrolls: The Skyrim comes out if it doesn't have "press WASD to move" when the game starts there will be countless threads bitching about not being told how to move.
>"IM PRESSING THE ARROWS BUT IM NOT MOVIING!!!!!"
>WHAT DO YOU MEAN IM SUPPOSED TO PUSH WASD TO MOVE??? THE GAME NEVER TOLD ME THAT!!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW????"
>>
>>387392171
Where is the statement even coming from?
>>
>people got stuck on a fucking preschool-tier "copy the shapes" puzzle

WHAT THE FUCK. Are you lads mentally touched?
>>
>>387398986
>press WASD to move
i believe they've had that since morrowind even
>>
>>387398974
no it just makes it a menu with a prompt missing. also why should it be a button prompt?
>>
>>387398914
People like you need to quit your fucking idiocy because it's ruining this board.
Call me whatever the fuck you want. At least before people like you started shitposting on this board we could have an actual discussion about video game mechanics and agree that this shit isn't fucking difficult without some faggot ass degenerate coming on saying "HURR WHATS A STICK"
Actually fucking off yourself.
>>
>>387392171
>Its an easy puzzel
Its shitty but not shitty desgin
>>
>>387399046
>why should it be a button prompt?
why should it exist?
>>
>>387398986
Moving isn't a new feature in the series that's both rare in other games anon.

That said, the item didn't need to be rotated in the first place.

>Was the item turning mechanic poorly presented in the game?
yes
>Did you need to rotate to solve the puzzle?
no

There are two discussions going on at the same time.entre spencer
>>
>>387398901
There's a shit ton of people popping up in these threads saying they didn't know what to do with the claw and it's not entirely their faults

Button prompt, simple as that
>>
File: 3a1.jpg (27KB, 480x421px) Image search: [Google]
3a1.jpg
27KB, 480x421px
>300 replies
>>
>>387399093
what "it" are you referring to?
>>
>>387399062
Anon, please, you're scaring the children!

Not everyone has sticks on their keyboard and mouse anon, calm down.
>>
>>387398974
Nobody is saying it makes it hardcore, we are saying that the puzzle is so brain-dead simple the fact you have to resort to "but there's no inspect item prompt" to defend your inability to solve it is fucking ridiculous

I am 100% confident that millions of 12 year olds played skyrim on their xboxes and did the puzzle just fine
>>
I just dropped the claw. Picked it up using Z and moved it so I could clearly see

What is the problem? You don't even need to do it in the menu lmao
>>
>>387399108
The game actually tells you its own mechanics, anon.
If you can't figure out that you can take those and apply them to puzzles then don't play single player video games.

>>387399136
I told you to stop acting retarded on purpose
>>
File: 1426416874120.jpg (199KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1426416874120.jpg
199KB, 1920x1080px
>>387396556
I played on a potato on lowest graphical settings and could very easily make out the symbols.

This game is easy.

This game appeals for casuals.

This game makes /v/ really mad because of that.

I don't mind tho.
>>
File: 1398951379657.png (140KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1398951379657.png
140KB, 500x281px
>>387399162
This guy - best guy.

Fuck bethesdas rotation gimmicks, you can do it in game, like a proper game should do.
>>
>>387398974
No one wants to give validation to retards, its that simple.
>>
>>387399139
>to defend your inability
read any post chain
people didn't lack ability to figure it out, they question why the prompt is missing

i knew, before the game released, how this "puzzle" was solved
i do not believe that the "puzzle" should be how to figure out how to rotate an item, but the puzzle should be that you look at an item
people are defending otherwise, people believe that the game would be lesser if there was a button prompt explaining how to rotate items

explain this position
>>
>>387399108
Why would they need a button prompt when using the rotate/inspect item feature isn't even necessary.

All 3 symbols on the claw's palm are visible in it's default position. There was no reason anyone should have been confused, even if they didn't know how to rotate it.
>>
>>387392171
I had no idea that this was even an issue until this thread. Are you fucking serious?
>>
>>387399097
>Moving isn't a new feature in the series that's both rare in other games anon.
Using the mouse to rotate in the menu isnt a new feature in the series either. You rotated your character in the menu in Oblivion by using the mouse and it had no button prompts either.
>you didnt have to rotate your character though
You don't have to rotate the claw either, just as you said.
>>
>>387399128
>/v/ Talks about videogames for ones
Woah what a bunch of suckers
>>
>>387399220
You know that thing you do with the altar at the start of the game?
You do the same thing with the claw.
>>
>>387399162
"Quest items cannot be removed from your inventory"

Oops!
>>
>>387399220
>people didn't lack ability to figure it out, they question why the prompt is missing
i think that's just you dude
>>
>>387392171
So what exactly are we supposed to do with that puzzle?

I've never played Skyrimjobs so I don't know.
>>
>>387399197
What do you mean anon. I don't have sticks.

Keyboard controls weren't listed like the controller controls were.

That said, i agree with you my love, rotation wasn't even necessary to solve it, so people not smart enough didn't figure out to look at the inventory. I disagree with you that the feature of rotation wasn't anything more than a shitty marketing gimmick to hide there's less substance to the game now as the feature was useless and not a game mechanic in any shape or form. It's pointless vanity.
>>
File: ubSVqLC.jpg (914KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
ubSVqLC.jpg
914KB, 1600x1600px
>>387399228
It's literally just retards vs people who have played video games before
>>
>>387399220
But you do just look at the item. You don't even need to rotate it whatsoever.

I don't see why a rotate item prompt has anything to do with it and I don't see why you've latched onto that for your defense.
>>
>>387399274
>You know that thing you do with the altar at the start of the game?
what

>>387399305
could be some for one, some for another
it's more than just me though, i don't understand why people are against the idea of this prompt existing when there is a prompt for everything else

why is it so offensive of a concept?
>>
>>387399239
Now that you said it ive realised i'd rather have my character model in the inventory than useless in game models.
>>
>>387399364
why should there be one?
>>
The puzzle door is literally just a re-skin of the the vault door from the fallout 3 series that goes down instead of sideways

How are you "gamers" so easily dupped haha -Todd laughing In the distance-
>>
>>387399430
consistency

there is a listed button for equipping items, there is a listed button for dropping items, why can't there be a listed button for inspecting items?
>>
>>387399351
Social media(fb) and LoL were a mistake.
>>
>>387399364
I have nothing against a prompt for rotating items but I also don't see why there should be one at all, considering how it's not needed to do any task in the game, and how 99% of people would figure it out on their own by moving their RS or clicking on the 3D item in their menu
>>
>>387399341
But the m/kb controls were shown to you to let you know that you could rotate objects did they not? I played controller on my playthroughs and I see no reason why theyh wouldn't.
Regardless I never made an attempt to say rotating the object gave deeper game mechanics but that you could easily figure out the puzzles regardless based off of the game mechanics given.
>>
File: 1409756758780.png (62KB, 229x231px) Image search: [Google]
1409756758780.png
62KB, 229x231px
So Discussion Depleted

Conclusions

1. Stupid people didn't solve it
2. Rotation is nothing more than a shitty gimmick that has no purpose in the game despite Todd telling us otherwise in his marketing pitch.
3. Bethesda is shit at gamedesign
4. Puzzles are done for in bethesda titles.
>>
>>387399476
again why should there be? plenty of people got along fine without the prompt.
>>
>>387399325
There is a door with 3 rotating rings that have different animal symbols on them. You're supposed to line up the three correct animal symbols to open the door. The game more or less blatantly tells you to look at the item you just received to figure out the correct order to open the door. Going into the menu and looking at the item it shows you the order but if you need more clarification you could rotate the item to get a better view. Brainlets are upset that there wasn't an explicit button prompt to tell them how to rotate the item even though it should be clear as day to use the mouse to rotate the item.
>>
>>387399364
>why is it so offensive of a concept?
Because it panders to retards, and validates their opinions. Noones saying they would complain if there was a button prompt, but im not going to blame Bethesda for something that is a non issue. The fact people are claiming "poor game design" over something so insignificant is why its offensive.
>>
>>387399605
I can agree with this
>>
>>387399608
if you want to repeat your post you can just repeat reading mine, the answer was whole and concise
>>
>>387399325
Basically, the key to this door is an item called the Golden Claw. You get this claw by killing an NPC named Arvel the Swift, who is in the same dungeon. You do this either because you have a specific quest to retrieve the claw from him, since he stole it, for its owner, a merchant in Riverwood, the first town you visit. In the same inventory you get the claw from, is Arvel's journal. That journal tells you that the door is a test from the ancient Nords to keep out intruders, but
>when you have the golden claw, the solution will be in the palm of your hands

The intended solution is very simple. Go into your inventory, and look at the claw. There are three symbols on it. There are also three rotatable sections on the door that share the same symbols as the claw: a bear, a moth, and an owl. Simply match the symbols on the door with the symbols on the claw, insert the claw by interacting with the keyhole, and the door opens.
>>
>>387392171
I'm gonna try to run through this shitshow again, see if I can actually finish before I get bored this time.
>>
>>387399670
*or because he tries to kill you once you get to the area he's in
Sorry, forgot to add that
>>
>>387399664
you didn't actually answer my question though you just replied with another question.
>>
>>387399689
Good luck when you get the "bleak falls Barrow" quest, there a claw puzzle there and it's really hard. Nearly impossible actually.
>>
>>387392171
>this puzzle is too hard for my small brain so it must be bad game design!

Okay did you really had to make a thread to show how much of an uncultured monkey you are?
>>
Alright fuck you guys I'm out.
Good shit talk with all of you
>>
>>387399714
why should a button prompt be there?
to be consistent with the other button prompts

answered

now you, what are the advantages of it not being there?
>>
>>387399754
Before you go, did you quit this thread in more or less time than it took you to solve this real headscratcher of a puzzle?
>>
>>387399559
There were no mention of it at the bottom, despite having shortcuts for stuff like equip and drop, while the controler plugged in- did have them . But yeah, i agree it's a none issue as the feature is useless anyway. But still would've been a small nice indication.
>>
>>387399780
Nigga are your goalposts on wheels or what?
>it's impossible without an undocumented feature
>given proof "feature" is not needed
>but muh 'tism and symmetry n sheeeit!
>>
>>387399636
What if I'm not a brainlet and thought it was cute the first time, but quickly found it incredibly tedious, along with all their other 'puzzles'?

The game could have just stopped after the first dungeon because nothing else happens.

I guess that mage guild quest has a cool dungeon too. None other really come to mind, they are all just identical.
>>
>>387399605
I love how motherfuckers think they know shit about game design, and just throw those words around like nothing. Oh im sorry are you a professional game developer? I didnt know.
>>
>>387399608
>a lot of people did fine without it
Implies that not everyone got it. The only reason every one didn't get it is because of something simple as a button prompt being absent. It's a shitty puzzle made shittier since you can just flip through it, of course no one actually got stuck on it.
>>
>>387399842
why is it so hard for you to reply with a valid argument?

you sure try to dodge it
>>
>>387399792
cheeky cunt
I love this place
>>
>never really read the journals/books so I didnt know about turning the claw around
>tfw just randomly turned the rings till the door opened

Theres like three rings. Less than 50 possible combinations.
Its not that hard.
>>
>>387399876
Thanks for the compliment.
>>
>>387399876
but hes right you negroid.
>>
>>387399880
>The only reason every one didn't get it is because of something simple as a button prompt being absent.
But that's clearly not the case. In this thread we have multiple people saying they didn't realize the rotation was a feature because the solution was in clear sight by default.
>>
>>387399780
because of reasons said here>>387399646
and before you try to force words into peoples mouths like here >>387399743 and here>>387399792 i will remind you that this is not about the game being hardcore. it has already been decided years ago that skyrim is casual shit
>>
>>387399967
If you actually got mad at all of this I'm sorry
It's b8 m8
>>
>>387399842
>it's impossible without an undocumented feature
Who said this? Point the post out right fucking now.
>>
>>387399967
>two joke posts by different anons is "forcing words into peoples mouths"
The absolute state of you m8.
>>
>>387400017
>>387397825
>>
>>387399857
>What if I'm not a brainlet and thought it was cute the first time, but quickly found it incredibly tedious, along with all their other 'puzzles'?
That's fine. Skyrim really needed more puzzles than "rotate the 3 rings on the door" and "rotate the 3 stones that totally isn't the same as the door puzzle cause it's stones now!" bullshit.
>>
>>387399967
they're rather poor reasons, sorry
>>
>>387400018
normally someone post proof they aren't samefagging why didn't you

>>387400073
explain how they are poor
>>
>>387399967
>because of reasons said here
>MUH CASUALIZATION BWUHHHH ACKNOWLEDGING A GAME MECHANIC IS HANDHOLDING I'M A GROWN UP DAMMIT
>>
File: metodologia[1].jpg (79KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
metodologia[1].jpg
79KB, 640x360px
Speaking of headscratchers
>>
>theres actually people in this very thread who couldnt solve the puzzle on OP
>the same people who complains that Skyrim is for casuals

Gotta love that ironing.
>>
>>387400058
>Skyrim really needed more puzzles than "rotate the 3 rings on the door" and "rotate the 3 stones that totally isn't the same as the door puzzle cause it's stones now!" bullshit.
Why would you alienate Chads with that when hardcore gamers can't even solve a puzzle that is laughably simple.

>>387400105
Screenshots are so easily edited that if you accept them as proof of non-samefagging you're beyond retrieval and should remove yourself from the gene pool immediately.
>>
>>387400105
You can't prove who (you) are on desktop you infantile
>>
>>387400105
>normally someone post proof they aren't samefagging why didn't you
i'm all about consistency so if you can't identify posts by someone's typing style you might just have the autisms

>explain how they are poor
well saying "it's for retards, so they shouldn't be there" is implying that "it being gone means it's for smart people", which you try to deny as what is being said, and it is true, you're not explicitly saying that, but implicit things are hard to deny
>>
>>387400186
Oh jeez, I didn't even stop to consider that this thread is full of brainlets because phoneposters flooded in over the last couple of years.
>>
>>387400051
That dude is clearly not arguing on our side, he was making a different point

The post doesn't even chain into any of yours or the dude's you were replying to, wtf
>>
>>387400185
>Why would you alienate Chads with that when hardcore gamers can't even solve a puzzle that is laughably simple.
If rotate the rings is hard for them I can't wait until they get to the Dwemer puzzle bullshit where you had to use ice and fire magic and push several buttons to rotate a bunch of light reflecting rings in order to get the Elder Scroll. I still don't even know how to properly do that bullshit and just push buttons until I get it right.
>>
>>387400139
>strawmanning cause you don't have a proper argument
and now you've lost
>>387400215
>well saying "it's for retards, so they shouldn't be there" is implying that "it being gone means it's for smart people"
that's not what it means at all a game this simple and easy doesn't need it. remove it doesn't make it smarter or harder it still the same casual skyrim.
>>
>>387400378
>a game this simple and easy doesn't need it
what do you mean?
why is the menu better for lacking documentation?
>>
>>387400378
That's hardly a strawman.
>>387399646
is being an elitist over something that wouldn't detract from the game, a button prompt, because it would be validating our opinions.
aka
>BWUUHHH CASUALS AND HANDHOLDING
>>
File: spin.png (342KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
spin.png
342KB, 640x480px
>>387393262
>>
>>387400453
again it isn't a matter of better or worse. with or without the prompt, skyrim is casual trash through and through.
>>
>>387400583
k
>>
>>387400215
>well saying "it's for retards, so they shouldn't be there" is implying that "it being gone means it's for smart people", which you try to deny as what is being said, and it is true, you're not explicitly saying that, but implicit things are hard to deny
I was trying to say that its fine the way it already is, you are arguing like the game isnt out yet, and we are debating wether there should be a rotation prompt.
Thing is, the games been out for 6 years, and its fine with no prompt. Going back now and saying thats bad game design is retarded.
Its a tiny insignificant detail, but these retards just want validation for their shitty opinions.
Im not saying add or remove anything, im saying do nothing, its not needed.
>>
>>387400520
are you implying that both elitism is wrong and that casuals aren't ruin video games?
>>
>>387400583
>enter thread about bad game design
>lol it doesn't matter which is better or worse
Why are you here?
>>
>>387392496
Wait a minute, that claw...
>>
>>387400185
I would argue they don't even need puzzles!

Just take them out!

Make the gameplay and fights better!
Just get rid of all those shitty puzzles.

I am surprised at how playable the game is without hud markers of any kind. After playin through the first time, which was just like 'run towards quest markers', I had a lot more fun (but didn't beat the game again) playing with no markers at all. You have to listen to people, and check your maps and look at your compass and shit and get your bearing.

There's too much detail in the world though. I can't bear playing it on a monitor anymore, I need a VR headset with head tracking, so I can actually look around these towns and look at the wildlife and shit.
>>
>>387398806
>use the claw to get inside
yes instructions are very clear here you dumb fuck
>>
>>387399203
>Ahego
Worst
>>
>ALL GAMES ARE JUST FETCH QUEST WAAAAAAAAH!!!

After I recently sat down and actually played the game and looked for this issue, I found that this argument is complete BS. I have done MORE QUEST that involve something other than just collecting an item than I have otherwise.

And yes, while there are "quest markers", there are many different ways to reach that quest marker.
>>
>>387400729
>thread about bad game design starts because of an anons inability to do something casuals figured out 6 years ago
the real question is why wasn't this thread axed from the get go
>>
>>387398607
how does this lighthouse survives those waves?
>>
>>387396678
My hardware was pretty good for it's price, when I bought it 8 years before (before playing Skyrim that is, that PC died a year after).
Stop being so mad over nothing.

>>387399203
>I played on a potato on lowest graphical settings and could very easily make out the symbols.
Two options: either you lie, or they realized the symbols are impossible to view on lowest setting and fixed it in a patch. I played a very early, pirated version.

>This game appeals for casuals.
Never said it wasn't.
>>
>>387400783
...who's behind this post?
>>
Have you people never used a computer before? You're on the fucking level of my grandparents being too afraid to press buttons and click places and experiment to figure shit out yourselves without the answers being plastered in your face. If you couldn't figure out how to rotate something in a videogame without big button prompts you are literally L I T E R A L LY retarded. Kill yourselves.
>>
everyone who claims he didnt try to figure it out with the walls first is fucking lying
>>
Uh I just brute forced the lock since there weren't many combinations
>>
>>387400865
>people figured it out
>automatically not bad, no way to improve, fuck polishing
k
>>
>>387400858
>After I recently sat down and actually played the game and looked for this issue, I found that this argument is complete BS.
There's like five different quest types in RPGs if you really analyze them. Maybe they string them out with multiple stages involving the other types, but in the end they always have the same elements.

>>387401023
>he doesn't read every note immediately
I want nu-gamers to leave.
>>
>>387399108
>Buttom Prompts
>Press [X] to Puzzle
Fuck you
>>
>>387401073
>>he doesn't read every note immediately
>I want nu-gamers to leave.
The only thing I read in the elder scrolls series is the lusty argonian maid
>>
File: Good-Fellas-Shinebox.jpg (20KB, 615x352px) Image search: [Google]
Good-Fellas-Shinebox.jpg
20KB, 615x352px
>>387400992
>play 20 hours without starting the main quests
>after 20 hours the first and only kind of quest that needs you to look precisely at an item in your inventory
>somehow this is very logical
i think you are the retard here autismo
>>
>>387400798
>According to the text, the claw is the key to getting inside
>By trying, you will find out you can't just simply use the claw to open the door
>Maybe I should take a closer look at the claw

This is the thought process of anyone not mentally handicapped.
>>
>>387401056
>>people figured it out
>>automatically not bad
yes that's what it means. it may be completely average, but it's not bad
>>
>>387401023
I did it according to food chain
>bear, owl dragonfly
Hmm didnt work, well bear must be on top, he is bear, swap the other two
>bear, dragonfly, owl
Door opens, wow a real brain bender that one.
>>
>>387401073
>he doesn't read every note immediately
this isnt world of warcraft you pleb, the npcs can talk to you
>>
>>387401131
see this >>387401169
>>
>>387399062
You understand you have a choice of who you reply to, yes? You are not obligated to reply to posts you think are stupid just because they are in response to you.
>>
>>387392171
Wow... a BETHESDA game has BAD design?

Never in a million years would have I thought that. Damn... this changes... EVERYTHING!!
>>
>>387400718
>you are arguing like the game isnt out yet
oh come on let's be honest here, there's 20 more versions of skyrim that need to come out in the next 5 years
>>
>>387401267
Sup OP, still assblasted over the problem being you and not the game?
>>
>>387401169
>>387401225
You mean the npc that was entirely unwilling to give you the claw and that you had to chase down and stab in the back to get it (and the journal that talks about it)?

You can't just have every quest related npc exposition dump, it wouldn't make sense most of the time.
>>
>>387401359
>implying i'm op and implying I will read 400 posts of children arguing

No thanks.
>>
>>387401140
You literally guessed. Bad design.
>>
File: 1499593342670.gif (922KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499593342670.gif
922KB, 640x360px
>>387401359
Not him, and not op, but we're not unironically defending Bethesda right now, are we?

I sure hope we're not.
>>
>>387401406
He literally ignored the logical course of action. Bad player.
>>
>>387401295
And there will never be a rotation prompt in any of them. The only reason im still here is because of the people pretending this actually matters and affects the overall game. There is no rotation prompt, it doesnt mater, they need to get over it and stop fishing for validation.
>>
>>387401397
closer to 1000 with last thread
>>
>>387401101
>>387392307

Commit suicide in the most painful way possible.
>>
>>387401476
>The only reason im still here is
>...
>fishing for validation.
oh another projector
>>
>>387401476
the most important post
>>
Puzzle solving can feel out of place and unexpected in elder scrolls and I think it's because there's like one puzzle in the entire game so your mind is not really in a thinking state i'd say, for example the only puzzle I think is in oblivion is the one where you have to read all 4 of the deadra books and take the first letter of each sentence to give you a hint about where to find the map to find the shrine. The puzzles aren't particularly impossible but it's not really a puzzle game.
>>
>>387401445
It's a shitty puzzle so if anything he did the faster option.
>>
File: 1501923035199.jpg (38KB, 523x521px) Image search: [Google]
1501923035199.jpg
38KB, 523x521px
> why is this puzzle hard!? Why don't they tell me how to do it?

Lot of crying in this thread. The difficulty is part of the challenge. Granted, I had to Google the answer, but it didn't feel unfair. Tinkering with it after reading the journal should get you there.

The real bad design choice was making it the solution to 3/4 of the game's dungeons.
>>
>>387401406
>>387401445
Solved in 2 attempts
>bad player
Get stuck, have to look up guide
>bad game design
Never change /v/
>>
>>387401514
How can you even pretend to support something like "Hey, you picked up a puzzle item, press this button to look at it better!" shit?

That's not good game design, that's fucking toddler ass bullshit casual game design. The claw is already a fuck-easy puzzle for anyone to do, and once you do it once, you do it for all the other 20 fucking times you have to do it in skyrim.

Skyrim has ONE fucking puzzle, and it's that.
>>
>>387401691
Man what the fuck, I can't beat Bayonetta with one hand amputated and the other missing three fingers? Bad game design!
>>
>>387401691
I blame the bad game design, anon we can be friends :>
>>
>>387400975
A dude with a kid and no desire to buy an ultra wide monitor.

I would also love it for playing Just Cause 2 and maybe other Just Cause games if I upgrade my toaster. It's like a vacation on a tropical beach and I can just be like "it'd be awesome if I had a boat right now' and then I can go fuck around on a boat or fly and some shit.
>>
>>387401746
I'm literally stuck on the first mission with the exploding plane send help
>>
>>387401721
>How can you even pretend to support something like "Hey, you picked up a puzzle item, press this button to look at it better!" shit?

Or you would just pick the item like normal.
The button prompt would be on the menu from the start of the game.
Maybe you didn't think of that.
>>
>>387401843
I don't know what you're talking about. Are you saying the game would tell you how to solve the golden claw puzzle before you even start the game?
>>
>>387401843
He didn't have to because he wasn't stumped by a kindergarten level puzzle.
>>
I just can't wrap my head around someone not getting it. I mean, the journal mentions that the claw is used to open the door. You then go to the door, use the claw on it and nothing happens.

That means there is an additional task that needs to be done. You will most likely notice the rings on the door immediately and try interacting with them. They spin, and you realize the symbols need to be in a certain order. That's when you remember/read what the journal said/says; "when you have the golden claw, the solution is in the palm of your hands."

That line confirms that the solution is on the palm of the claw itself. After this realization, you go to the inventory screen, look up the claw and try to find something on it. The palm side is facing away from you though, so your first instinct is to try and drag on it to rotate it and what do you know, it rotates and reveals the symbols.

It just seems so simple and logical that I don't see how someone could fail to follow that train of thought.
>>
>>387401975
>mean, the journal mentions that the claw is used to open the door.
I said it before but people either ignored it or thought it was a joke: These people are the sort who don't read. They got us the voiced protagonist in Fallout 4 by being unwilling or unable to spend 2 seconds looking at text.
>>
File: 1502809588948.png (853KB, 861x889px) Image search: [Google]
1502809588948.png
853KB, 861x889px
>>387401921
Fuck have I been taking the bait this whole time?
>>
>>387401975
They are just arguing that a visual prompt for how to rotate would be MORE clear, theyve latched onto this argument and just want someone, anyone, to give them positive feedback on their dumb idea that noone actually needs.
>>
File: 1488549994165.png (84KB, 323x382px) Image search: [Google]
1488549994165.png
84KB, 323x382px
>Get claw
>Remember you can zoom in and rotate
>Can't zoom in, key doesn't work for some reason
>Click and drag doesn't spin item
>Have to do each claw by carefully looking at it with default angle but luckily the images aren't hard to see
I don't know why all of that zooming and spinning of items was broken for me on release. Probably because it's another Bethesda game, but luckily I didn't pay for it anyways.
>>
>>387402057
I'm not the guy you've been talking to this WHOLE conversation, this is a new conversation you and I are having.

I am asking why the golden claw needs a button prompt. Your explanation was not very enlightening, as I have no idea what you're trying to say.

Say it better.
>>
>>387402041
SMD I'm playing Morrowind as we speak
F4 is not only shit but F3 is as well
>MUH CASUALS
>>
>>387402057
This entire thread is bait, quality bait at that.
>>
>>387402126
you still haven't worked on your spelling, please address it
>>
>>387401975

It probably would have helped a number of people if it wasn't a Bethesda game, which are infamously shallow and buggy and dumbed down, but since Bethesda IS known for being so shit then people can't imagine there being a remotely worthwhile puzzle.
>>
>>387393419
>give me press x to win
neo/v/, everyone
>>
>>387402243
Noone cares.
>>
>>387402359
he's probably the only one that does
>>
The reason why it's bad design isn't because "hurr durr the game doesn't tell you to rotate it in the inventory", it's because the item is both the key and the key to the puzzle, and the same puzzle gets used a hundred times more.
>>
>>387402139
>why does it need a prompt
There's no other indication that the mechanic exists in game other than a book prompting you to look at an item.
On top of that, interacting with a 3D object in your inventory isn't a standard
On top of that you have to click ON the item, hold and drag, it's no where near as intuitive as a gamepad where you always know that the analog is for turning and you don't have to hold a button for it, you'll probably do it on accident.
How do you turn your character in the PC version? Do you hold a button? That alone makes it way less likely for someone to find the mechanic on accident.

Easiest way to solve this? A fucking BUTTON PROMPT tucked away in the menu.
ITS SO E Z 2 COMPREHEND
>>
>>387402513
Well, I mean, I knew that I had to look at the claw, but I didn't look at it in my inventory. I dropped it on the ground and bonked it around until I got a good look at the sequence.

I'm sorry, but I literally had no idea about the "look at shit" mechanic and I still had no trouble with the puzzle.
>>
>>387402294
GIVE ME
>>387392307
OR GIVE ME a min to spin through these and unlock it!
>>
>>387402513
by the time you figure out that you can click on the item in order to enter inspection mode, you've probably sworn off of using the mouse for the menus too, since what you click on isn't always what the game thinks you clicked on

what's under the mouse cursor isn't necessarily whats highlighted in white, or what is currently enlarged text, or what is centered under the menu curose
kind of a crapshoot unless you default to keyboard controls, which have no way to enter inspection mode
>>
>>387402513
>you have to click ON the item, hold and drag, it's no where near as intuitive as a gamepad
holy shit you're a consolefag
>>
>>387402443
Reusing the same puzzle is bad design.

Putting the code on the claw is a matter opinion, as is the need for a rotation prompt.

Can you guys see the difference?
>>
>>387401115
>I am so shit at videogames I need massive prompts telling me what to do every time I encounter something remotely different

Go back to corridor shooters you useless shitter.
>>
File: gaysilence.jpg (61KB, 703x581px) Image search: [Google]
gaysilence.jpg
61KB, 703x581px
>>387402513
>Holding and dragging to rotate an object is unintuitive
>>
>>387402691
>basic game function is now considered a puzzle
whats up with all the retards today
>>
>>387402691
The Xbox 360/PS3 generation of gamers are the fucking worst.
>>
The puzzle is suppose to be "baby block shape sorter"-tier because it was only meant to keep draugrs in, not keep niggers out
>>
>>387402627
>>387399278
>>
>>387402776
>>387402726
This might be a later patch. I played version 1.0 on the PC with no patches.

Granted, I eventually figured out how to look at it eventually anyway.

Alternatively, there is a small chance I am remembering it completely wrong. Either way, it's not hard.
>>
>>387402716
>clicking on a 3D object in your inventory to rotate it is a standard in video games

You know what is a standard tho? Telling players in game that a mechanic exists.
>>
>>387402776
You can drop the claws, I had them all lined up in one of my houses.
>>
>>387402913
you cant drop them till you complete the quest, where they stop being quest items and can be dropped
>>
>>387402838
We're not debating that the puzzle is hard or easy, hun.
>>
>>387402886
Having a brain is pretty standard, but you're really going against the grain there huh champ?
>>
>>387402960
The guy is literally a mindless contrarian, lel.
>>
>>387402886
Its not a mechanic its a basic menu function in all cannons of computer applications.

BASIC
MENU
FUNCTION

If you cant figure out how to click and drag, you arent smart enough to know to look at the claw for the code anyways, therefore a menu prompt would be useless in all cases.
>>
>>387402960
You can't comprehend game design so I don't expect you to be able to imagine my brain.
It's like trying to think of a color you've never seen before, it's beyond your perception.
>>
>>387402673
Not an argument. The symbols can be seen on the claw without rotating it, and even if you do need to rotate it, considering you have a cursor in the menu it's really not a stretch to try to grab and drag the claw to do so, as is done in every other three dimensional program.
>>
>>387403032
it's not useless to people that want to inspect the item and don't just press random buttons in inappropriate places because they're stupid
>>
>>387403032
>figure out
There's nothing to figure out. The game has zero indication that clicking and dragging anything anywhere will do something.
>>
>>387403083
call other people stupid when you need a prompt to figure out the simplest puzzle
>>
>>387403083
>knowing how to do something intuitively
Stupid
>figuring something out by trial and error
Stupid
>babby tier menu prompts and handholding
SMURT
>>
>>387392171

How exactly is this considered bad game design? Serious question.
>>
>>387402762
Weak excuse by Bethesda.
>>
>>387403214
It's considered bad game design because it didn't provide the solution immediately and required them to rub their two brain cells together.
>>
>>387403175
Then how the fuck come i already KNEW clicking and dragging would rotate items in my inventory?

Because clicking and dragging is part of basic computer use.

If you are unfamiliar with computers you might have a hard time playing computer games, thats not the game devs fault, its not their job to teach you how to use a PC.
>>
>>387401140
>dragonfly, owl
Where the hell do you live with that foodchain?
>>
>>387403080
I can't comprehend a void that large to encompass your lack of a brain if you can't figure something so simplistic out with explicit instruction.
>>
>>387403369
>how come I KNEW???
Who fucking cares.
>Because clicking and dragging is part of basic computer use
Great, we're talking about computer games.
>thats not the game devs fault
If it's not the devs fault for leaving out a button prompt then idk who's fault it could be
>>
>>387403518
>explicit instruction
Tell me where it says "rotate" in Skyrim.
>>
>>387403204
>menus are puzzles, for smart people
>>387403205
hamhands button masher retard
what's your number, i like you fatties
i'll feed you a gallon
>>
>>387403520
Before we go any further, can you give me the definition of intuitive?
You clearly struggle with simple tasks a child would have no problem completing.
>>
File: neov.jpg (228KB, 857x1202px) Image search: [Google]
neov.jpg
228KB, 857x1202px
>>
File: supermario64_vbjw.jpg (87KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
supermario64_vbjw.jpg
87KB, 1024x768px
>start prompt
CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS HANDHOLDING BULLSHIT FUCKING CASUALS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>387403634
>gets BTFO and starts name calling
I don't have a costanza good enough for this
>>
>>387403764
damn dude that's like 2 tons of irony
>>
>>387399670
>The intended solution is very simple. Go into your inventory, and look at the claw
See that's a whole smarter solution compared to what I did, and thanks to you I know better for the future. Originally I thought the carvings on the wall were the solution, but after a while just gave up and started doing random inputs and ended up with the solution almost immediately.
>>
>>387403610
>>387397945
Right there.
>>
>>387403634
I never had to trial and error anything, it was obvious to me from the start that you could click and drag the 3d items in the menu. Me and like 99.9% of everyone else who played Skyrim had no problem with this. You can only do what the screen explicitly tells you to, and anyone who thinks for themself is a hamhanded button mashing retard.
>>
File: 1502945150186.png (934KB, 731x812px) Image search: [Google]
1502945150186.png
934KB, 731x812px
>>387403852
>>
File: 1502952760113.png (281KB, 373x739px) Image search: [Google]
1502952760113.png
281KB, 373x739px
>>387403738
>>
>>387403763
>Super Mario 64
Shitty game design desu, nowhere id they indicate that you need to press a button and drag to deform Mario's face.

>>387403839
The intended method is to read Arvel's journal which clues you in to the claw having the solution.
>>
File: 1489474111348.jpg (86KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1489474111348.jpg
86KB, 600x450px
>>387403825
>he's still going
>>
>>387403902
>skyrim is tailored for casuals
>the majority have no problem with the menus, because they just click randomly anywhere, all the time
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
>>387403763
Can you imagine if there was no start prompt, and people were complaining that they couldnt figure out how to start the game? That is what we are dealing with here.
>>
>>387403986
>i didn't read the thread
cool beans, there's a whole club
>>
>>387403986
Yeah, thank god the dedicated start button had a prompt.
I hate all these buttons on new controllers, especially the rotate button.
>>
>>387403970
Skyrim is tailored to casuals sure. Clicking on things and experimenting does not make you a casual. Being afraid to click on anything unless you have a menu prompt makes you a fucking casual.
>>
>>387403915
>based PC master race doesn't need instructions on how to do every little thing in a game
>>
>>387404112
Its funny, youre trying to make a point, but the right thumbstick literally is a dedicated rotate button.

Were talking about pc though, console actually does list the rotate control.
>>
>>387404212
>Clicking on things and experimenting
how is this possible justification for keeping a simple legend off a menu, with all the other legends in the menu

why is this one omitted?
why is this where you draw the line and the game becomes handholding if it were a prompt

is looking at items an easter egg?
is "figuring out" a menu through "experimentation" a compelling use of the menu to help someone progress in the game?
>>
>>387404212
>not thinking of something while experimenting = being afraid
k
>>
>>387404306
Yeah yeah, didn't think of adding that part to my analogy until after the post
>I hate all these buttons on new mice, especially the rotate button
There
>>
>>387404332
Clicking and dragging three dimensional objects is a standard PC paradigm.
>>
>>387404492
clicking on 2d text in a menu in order to select it is also one, but skyrim's menu constantly disrespects that
>>
>>387404492
He's probably a phoneposting consolefag anyway.
>>
>>387404332
Youre just supposed to know that clicking and dragging moves objects when you are using a pc. Its not supposed to be a challenge. The rotate control is listed on console, so why is it not listed on pc? Obviously they didnt think people needed to be told how to do that. I didnt need to be told how to do it, im pretty sure a legion of normies didnt need to be told how to rotate, so the real question is why do you? You make it sound hard, but its not hard.
>>
>>387404579
sorry hamhands, i'm impressed that you can reach around and pat yourself on the back with those thick arms, but your feat of "i figure MENU!!!!!!!! was secret,,," is not so amazing
>>
>>387404552
i'm sure you're fucking that up too and it's not actually the games fault
>>
>>387404359
This guy just said anyone who clicks on things without a prompt is a ham handed retard, maybe read my posts in context.
>>
>>387404603
>The rotate control is listed on console, so why is it not listed on pc?
probably because the manual designers knew that the menu system was remarkably unintuitive and they wouldn't be able to explain how to access the inspection system in the same sized blurb

go ahead, try to explain it in under 5 words
>>
>>387404683
>dude replies to a snide remark with his own snide remark
Thought provoking context right there. My reply to your post remains standing.
>>
>>387404730
Click on item and drag

Bitch
>>
>>387404603
>>387404730
Alternatively: Copy on the PC manual wasn't finished until after the requirement to rotate objects to unlock doors was removed from the game and they took it out of the documentation.
>>
>>387404848
okay so i see a bunch of items in the menu

i "click on the item and drag"
okay, in normal circumstances, i'd expect "click on the item and drag" to allow me to move the item up or down in the list, but when i clicked it, the item just said "that item cannot be equipped"
what is the context of this clicking and dragging, manual designer?
>>
>>387404730
LMB (hold) - rotate item
>LMB would be a graphic of course

This shouldnt be needed though, on a pc the mouse is how you reach out and touch things, if you want to see an item from a different angle your first thought should be to reach out and touch the item, not autistically search the menu for instructions.
>>
File: watdo.png (2MB, 1907x941px) Image search: [Google]
watdo.png
2MB, 1907x941px
Oh fuck guys. What do I do? I want to look at it but I can't figure out how to move it around. Why isn't there instructions about how to rotate this?
>>
>>387405091
Dude i dont know, just bash random keys like a ham handed retard! Without clear instructions its the only way!
>>
>>387405012
For the legend they're using, I'm not sure that really works. I think it would probably be better if it were one of those pictures with number labelling.

Graphically, a (1) next to Armor rating, then a (2) next to Carry weight, and a (3) over toward the top of the item that could have the label you suggested. As just a menu control alone listed as they are now, I think your suggestion would be misleading.
>>
>>387405183
Thats why its not included, its pretty obvious, but if you write it the way i suggested some retard will inevitably click and drag the item name, then go shitpost how item rotation doesnt work. Imo it should just be left out, im sure this was bethesdas train of thought as well, its not worth it to further clutter the menus.
>>
>>387405469
is cluttered really the word for skyrim's menus?
they don't make effective use of space, but that's more a problem of the constricting margins than too much shit in there

if anything, there's not enough
>>
>>387405183
>>387405469
To further expand on my post, the menu controls listed perform their function any time their corresponding keys are pressed, but the item will not rotate any time the lmb is pressed and held, because the lmb serves multiple functions depending where you click, so just putting a simple menu prompt for the control would be misleading, you would have to put the prompt somewhere near the 3d item, and at that point you are just adding pointless clutterfor the benefit of only your stupidest userbase.
>>
>>387400918
>pirated version
you blame bethesda because you pirated a shit version?
>>
>>387405778
>the lmb serves multiple functions depending where you click
Holy shit what? The mouse serves multiple functions? How the fuck are people supposed to know that?
>>
>>387405628
Doesnt really matter, if we can just agree that bethesda made a rational decision not to list that particular control, then this conversation can end.

The reasons for not listing that particular control are valid, weve both recognized that its not quite as simple as its been made out to be. I can understand bethesdas thought process behind that design decision, whether i agree with it or not is just a matter of my opinion.

I happen to agree, i dont think a control prompt is nessecary for that, but thats irrelevant, just my opinion.
Thread posts: 538
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.