[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Tales will die within these next few years? We already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: 1189340382745.jpg (92KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1189340382745.jpg
92KB, 800x450px
Do you think Tales will die within these next few years? We already saw the death of Star Ocean.
>>
I hope so
the less weeb shit the better
>>
File: TotT_cover.jpg (225KB, 512x463px) Image search: [Google]
TotT_cover.jpg
225KB, 512x463px
>>387354094
unthinkable
japs will keep eating it up no matter how bad it is, and the fanbase they have over there is big and loyal enough to keep it afloat
>>
>>387354094
Why would tales die in the next few years? Last I checked Berseria sold really well in Japan and overseas.
>>
>>387354094
Tales series is honestly pretty stagnant and shitty. They are slowly polishing the same combat system while changing gimmicks which makes the games feel stale and it doesn't help that the gimmicks often break everything.
>>
>>387354094
Nah it won't, too much fujos out there who love that shit
>>
berseria is so shit, symphonia,vesperia and abyss are the only good games in this series

tales of is like sonic it just shit with some good games
>>
File: 8234523527.jpg (27KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
8234523527.jpg
27KB, 512x384px
>>387354094
>i wish they would make a new star ocean
>>
>>387354094
Gameplay wise tales might be dead
they have been making poor decisions on how they make their games fun and focus more on making their characters enjoyable to sell merch
>>
Tales of the abyss was and will forever be the best game
>Tales of the rays is purity good to
>>
>>387354880
Symphonia is so insanely overrated that it's not even funny. Even I was indoctrinated until I replayed it on PC.
>>
The series peaked at Xillia 2.
I just hope they go back to using TP instead of Souls for future games.
>>
>>387357528
What didn't you like ?
>>
>>387357668
>Battle system is basic, annoying, and boring (please don't post a video of someone doing an infinite on a boss)
>Story is cliche, after cliche, after cliche and relies on characters being stupid.
>The writing is stiff and not really enjoyable at all.
>>
The "Tales of" franchise depresses me, it's such wasted potential due to countless poor design choices. Tales of Phantasia introduced a very innovative real-time 2D action-rpg battle system that, to this day, is such a joy to play for the first time, but ultimately that game is a boring piece of shit because of their signature style of making a cohesive story for the first half of the game and then the second half is always "alternate dimension" bullshit with no rhyme or reason to it where half of the cast shouldn't even be motivated to even continue on the journey anymore and you have no clue why you're even walking around from location to location anymore and also because ToP's impressive battle system devolves entirely into spamming spells and summons, Cless doesn't matter

Then games like Tales of Symphonia and on are pieces of shit because they fall into the same sort of story and their battle systems have devolved into "LOL JUST MASH THE SAME COMBO OVER AND OVER EVERY FIGHT!"

What was really fucking impressive about ToP's battle system early on is that you don't just rush enemies. Fights are slow and strategic, the rigid movement and guarding mechanics are excellent and they should've expounded upon this sort of gameplay more. This is what I want out of a Tales Of game.

These games suck because the developers are retards.
>>
>>387354094
I need a Berseria sequel before it does.
>>
File: SO-Anamnesis-Ann.jpg (100KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
SO-Anamnesis-Ann.jpg
100KB, 600x338px
>>387355027
YOUR WISH HAS BEEN GRANTED
>>
File: 1454721912168.png (60KB, 253x200px) Image search: [Google]
1454721912168.png
60KB, 253x200px
>>387356314
>Abyss is good
>a fucking mobile game is good

You're giving me too much bait, and i can only give one (You)
>>
>>387358306
(You)
>>
>>387359270
Okay, whatever. I already knew it wasn't going to go over well since Symphonia is one of those games that are considered untouchable masterpieces due to nostalgia.

Just like how people will instantly shout that KOTOR1 was one of the best WRPGs ever made when it wasn't really particularly good in the first place and KOTOR2 improved on it drastically in every way.
>>
>>387356314
Ah man, is your favorite part of that game where you spend 10 hours flying from location to location around the world having 5 minute conversations as a sort of ambassador in front of officials where it feels like the main story is over, but then all of a sudden those evil generals that you killed way back didn't really die at all and are out to start trouble again? xD

That game is a piece of shit and another example of their style of letting chimpanzees with typewriters write the story.
>>
>>387359269
Are you legitimately retarded, Abyss was a PS2 game first.
>>
>>387359486
Symphonia is definitely overrated but berseria is good, fuck you?
>>
I thought I might like Berseria more than Abyss but when I played it for 20 hours I realized that it's just not as good. I still liked it but I'm not buying another tales of game until they put more effort into dungeons and stuff. I'm still hoping for a rerelease of Vesperia since I never had an xbox and don't want to play with a guide in my face.
>>
>>387354343
>japs will keep eating it
The last tales sold like shit in japan
>>
>>387354343
This. apan only eat nintendo games
>>
>>387354094
It will die if they legit DONT bring back the fucking World Map exploration
>>
>>387359571
Hey dumbass, you illiterate? Slowly read the anon i replied too. Why the fuck would i be talking about Abyss as a mobile game when that doesn't even exist? I was clearly talking about the other game he mentioned in his post.
>>
if another zestiria happens then definitely
>>
File: 1501394256080.gif (1MB, 284x490px) Image search: [Google]
1501394256080.gif
1MB, 284x490px
>>387359909
>Bersaria sold through 87% of its shipments in japan
>>
They did get rid of Baba, right? Tales has nowhere to go but up without him.
>>
>>387360656
Baba is gone, he quit with his small tail between his legs and ran over to Papa Square Enix to make Final Fantasy: Rose Returns.
>>
>>387354474
>Half of Zesty
>good
Well it probably is pretty good considering the series almost died right there.
>>
>>387360773
He left a while back. He's working on mobile games now.
>>
>>387359909

No it didn't. It was also the most well received tales in a long time. The series stands strong.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.