/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Japan faced problems in the last generation, but they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Inafune japanse games dead.jpg (373KB, 1324x954px) Image search: [Google]
Inafune japanse games dead.jpg
373KB, 1324x954px
Japan faced problems in the last generation, but they're making a bounce-back. Inafune's strategy was to just give up, and let Westerners design all the games, since they're just better at everything. This was a foolish plan. The actual solution was to just "believe in yourself". Japan makes some of the best games in the world, and to continue doing that. Make modest budget games and stop trying to chase the AAA model for every single series. Some games will only sell 2 million, which is a good thing, not a bad one.
>>
Inafune's was like a hyper cancer for Capcom. His decisions to outsource games led to a lot of promising franchises biting the dust in quality. I'm fine with Japanese games taking western influence, that's how we get stuff like Resident Evil, Viewtiful Joe and Dead Rising, but to outsource to shitty western devs goes too far. He got his way with Dead Rising 2 and DMC and he still left like a little bitch, taking Megaman's promising projects with him. Capcom is still outsourcing to terrible western devs and it's not going to stop until the company is dead. Fuck Inafune.
>>
>>387349731
>but to outsource to shitty western devs goes too far.

He seemed to just think they were magically superior. But he wasn't giving the games to the Western devs who got 8 or 20 million sales. He was giving them to cheap, low quality, Western devs. Inafune did not seem to understand that there are good and bad devs in both West and Japan.
>>
>using capcom as a reason to be excited for the future.

Holy shit are they delusional.
>>
>>387349378
really just sounds like he was dissing the current game line up to hype up his own game. but yea japan gaming has and is still strong abetted alot of pandering games and lack of new ip
>>
>>387349893
This

Unfortunately Inafune poisoned the well that was Capcom. Anyone with talent has mostly moved on or was forced out due to the money getting channeled to any westen dev that would sign a contract with them. Now with the talent pool gutted internally, after they made the desision to bring back development in house they're starting from scratch in a lot of ways.

Capcom is still fucked.
>>
>>387350560

>Inafune killed most of Capcom's IPs
>Slowly killing Capcom

Based Inafune.
>>
>>387351158
But, the reason you hate modern Capcom is directly because of his direction. It didn't have to be this way and we could have still had the old Capcom.

Why he was pushed up to the top ranks of Capcom I'll never understand.
>>
File: 1440024528870.png (113KB, 198x320px) Image search: [Google]
1440024528870.png
113KB, 198x320px
>capcom will save Japanese gaming
>>
File: 1367386301635.jpg (55KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1367386301635.jpg
55KB, 480x480px
>>387349378
jap execs are still cancer, game directors and talented people are poorly managed
you say "JAPAN MAEKS THE BEST GAEMS" but the talent still treated like disposable
you say "THEY DO MAGIC WITH MODEST BUDGET" but in reality they are overworked and making games in semi miserable conditions
there's nothing magical about japanese video game industry right now
they are not doing anything right, talent is the only thing that makes this games shine
>>
File: 1499294551521.png (434KB, 571x540px) Image search: [Google]
1499294551521.png
434KB, 571x540px
>>387350239
>>387351318
To be fair RE7 saved RE for me so if they can do the same with Dead Rising and Marval vs Capcom then ill be happy.
Just stop giving your games to western devs Capcom
>>
>>387351430
>you say "JAPAN MAEKS THE BEST GAEMS" but the talent still treated like disposable

i never understood that mindset. Even weirder, when they succeed, they just get bumped into management. Why would a game director understand business management? Why deprive him of some making great games and have him do number crunching instead? It seems to be the Peter Principle in action.
>>
>>387351646
>It seems to be the Peter Principle in action.
It is exactly that. In spades.
Square, Capcom, and Konami are all in bad positions because of exactly that.
>>
>>387351318
CIMA CIMA!
>>
>>387351892

Like how Sagaguchi gets to be a movie producer and invest over a hundred million dollars on a movie gamble based on his experience as director/producer of games. Him failing should have meant he got demoted back to making games instead of being punted from the company.

Or situations where Inafune rises from being just an artist, to being one of the top dogs at Capcom, head of all R&D.
>>
>>387351569
RE isn't saved until we see REmake 2
>>
How can japanese games be dying if I buy every Dynasty Warriors release?
>>
Who is the Kurosawa of japanese gaming?

What is the Yojimbo of japanese gaming?
>>
>>387351569
I would have absolutely loved RE7 but it had what is imo the shittiest most garbage setting any game can have. The American South. Any game with this setting I almost always drop.
I can't even explain why I hate the setting so much for video games but I honestly hate it.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.