[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games/genres you try hard to like but can't For me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

ITT: Games/genres you try hard to like but can't

For me its grand strategy games.
I love strategy games in general, but GSs are too fucking boring, its the historical/political/shitty combat/roleplay aspect of it that turns me off probably, I just want a Civilization game, but more complex.
>>
>>387344160
Have you tired total war?
>>
>>387345083
They aren't grand strategy afaik
>>
>>387344160
That console breed of third person gamepad action game.
A lot of AAA games like that, a lot of them ported on PC too, and I just don't like them.
I try every single one that comes out, and always drop them, they feel mechanically awkward and dull, you "solve" the game in 40 minutes and then just repeat the drill for 8-10 hours.
>>
>>387344160
Ck2 is so fucking easy
Just relax and treat it like a medieval sims game
>>
>>387344160
>I just want a Civilization game, but more complex.
I feel for you m8 especially because games aren't going to get more complex but simpler. Try Civ4.
>>
I want to like CK2, but I just feel very bad at it and unless I play some famous dude it feels like I'm waiting forever for a 10% chance event of fabricating claims to trigger so I can do something

any tips for gitting gud?
>>
>>387344160
Open world RPGs. Mostly because I have OCD and need to explore literally every place and loot every item, and once I begin the game I can't stop until I finish. I exclusively played the Witcher 3 for 1 and a half years daily before I completed it and could finally put it down.

I don't mind long games, but I prefer a more streamlined experience (which is usually more action-packed as well). I like to know I'm making progress, not wasting days and weeks collection 1000s of items I'll never use.
>>
>>387344160
CK2 is insanely easy. If you have a hard time with it you're probably brain dead. Once you figure out what to do it's just repeat x1000 until you conquer the entire globe
>>
>>387344160
4X games, i wanna get into them so bad but i never could.
>>
>>387345505
multiplayer RTS
I love RTS gameplay in most regards, but the actual nuts and bolts of planning out a game-term strategy, memorizing hotkeys, reading guides and bullshit online, practicing everything to min/max and get faster at it, and doing it all over and over again just bores me to death
playing singleplayer in a multiplayer-oriented game generally isn't very gratifying either
>>
>>387345928
meant to quote OP
>>
>>387345505
Why would you want to like them? They're not even games.
>>
>>387345860
I feel ya, I put like 40 hours into Endless Legend and still felt like I never went beyond being a novice. Also, none of my friends play it so all I have to play against is the garbo AI
>>
RTS
They're too fast and intense for what I want out of a strategy game, especially multiplayer. I like slower games like GS, Civilization, City builders, and Dwarf Fortress.
>>
>>387345607
>Just relax and treat it like a medieval sims game
Thats the thing, I want a civ-like game, not a fucking soap opera generator.
>>
>>387345731
Most of CK2 is waiting around doing nothing no matter who you are playing. You need a lot of patience for it. The early game as a count is pretty much just you being AFK while waiting for claim fabrications.
>>
>>387345731
Vikangz don't care for fabricating claims.
>>
>>387346109
>>387345928
>implying RTS is not dead long ago
I love them, but its been years that nothing interesting comes out
>>
>>387344160
Depends. Crusader Kings is simple because it's ultimately about managing characters and not some vague notion of "state". Have you tried Asian takes on the genre? Nobunaga's Ambition and Romance of the Three Kingdoms.
>>
>>387346436
>Asian takes on the genre
I don't play weeb games, sorry
>>
>>387346214
Then try EU4. CK2 is a game of feudal politics, EU4 is about building an empire.
>>
>>387344160

stellaris is basically a slightly more complex civ with weaker war mechanics

its a nice mid point between 4x and GSG
>>
>>387346734
>stellaris is basically a slightly more complex civ with weaker war mechanics
Are you sure? From the little that I played it seemed simple as fuck
>>
>>387346809

Man I feel like you are really overrating how complex Civilization is
>>
>>387345330
Neither is Civilization.

>>387344160
>shitty combat
If you don't enjoy map painting there are only two good grand strategy games with enjoyable and somewhat deep combat; hearts of iron 2/darkest hour and 3.

Also just go play Sid Meiers Alpha Centauri if you haven't already, it will ruin the strategy genre for you because nothing since even comes close to being that good.
>>
>>387345731
marry bitches with claims.
invite people to court that have claims and give them a shitty castle
>>
>>387346704
EU4 is even more of a boring mess than CK2 and almost as bad as hoi4, I want milennials to leave.
>>
File: 1446335214964.jpg (99KB, 457x450px) Image search: [Google]
1446335214964.jpg
99KB, 457x450px
>>387347141
>>
>>387346886
Last time Civ was actually complex was in 4.
>>
File: ss+(2016-10-28+at+04.16.49).jpg (161KB, 699x939px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-10-28+at+04.16.49).jpg
161KB, 699x939px
>>387347221
Go away Johan, no one wants your shitty new games.
>>
>>387344160
FPS
I tried liking Overwatch when it launched because I liked some characters, but couldn't.
>>
>>387346508
>bad dawg with sunglasses bashing jap games with MSoffice word art because he's so cool.png
>>
The diablo genre. I tried a few games from it out of curiosity, but there is no way i can understand how people find these them enjoyable. I admit that theorycrafting builds can be fun, but than trying out any idea is 10 hours of left clicking.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.