[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I recently bought a gaming laptop and im looking to play new

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 880985.jpg (157KB, 900x738px) Image search: [Google]
880985.jpg
157KB, 900x738px
So I recently bought a gaming laptop and im looking to play new games, the last thing I had and still have was a ps3, so i've been missing out on the more modern titles. This game looks fun to me, and i want to try it out, but the general mood to this game in /v/ is pure hatred. Why is this game so hated? What are the draw backs of it? Im aware of the whole streamer fiascos, which are complete bullshit, but asides from that, it looks fun. I honestly just want to know your opinions and why they're that way.

Other games i want to play are:
DaS 2 & 3
R6: siege
Nier automata
Bayonetta (never got around playing it)
Hollow knight
And i want to try out cemu and dolphin.
Are there any essentials that you'd recomend?
>>
>>387338046
>Why is this game so hated?
It's debateable, could be down to popularity, only on pc, early access, difficult to run or just downright contariasim.

It is extremely fun though and I recommend it.
>>
>>387338046
It's early access, always be careful with those. But in all honesty I've had fun with it. It can get pretty exciting when you're one of the last players standing.
>>
Just buy Titanfall 2 !!!!!
>>
>Get caught up in the /v/ mindset when it first came out
>HURR EA CRAFTING SURVIVAL FOTM SHIT STREAM BAIT
>Would essentially say that whenever one of my friends asked me if I'd get it
>Actually watch a stream of someone playing it
>Wait a second this actually looks like fun
>Buy it with 3 friends
>First Person Squad mode is one of the best things I've played all year

It's actually a fantastic game.
>>
>>387338046
Can't speak for others, but I've found the battlegrounds formula to be total dogshit since its inception.

At it's core, after you strip away the people copying a copy of a mod of a copy of a war sim, it's throwing 100 random fucks onto one big map with sub-par war sim mechanics (bleedout, ballistic physics, etc.).

The game is heavily luck-based as you will never know where the safe circle is going to end up before you drop and TTK is so ridiculously low. It highly encourages camping and hiding whenever possible. Neither surviving nor getting killed is particularly fun. There's no way to form alliances on-the-fly or really communicate or interact with others beyond the basic war sim gameplay so there's very little social aspect to the game itself outside of streaming.

Just about the only battle royale style game I've played that was enjoyable was S.O.S. because it allowed on-the-fly alliances and had enemy NPCs and goals to fulfill beyond "shoot erryone"

As for what are must-have PC games:
Dark Souls series
DMC4SE
Doom
Fallout New Vegas
Far Cry Blood Dragon
Half-Life 2
Left 4 Dead/2
Portal 2
RE7
Sleeping Dogs
Sonic Generations
TF2
Undertale
X-Com
>>
>>387339956
You seriously think I'm going to read a post that long? Fuck off. I just bought it.
>>
>>387340080
>that long
The body is 150 words

You are a retard

PUBG is absolutely for you
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7KB, 259x194px
A friendly word of advice anon, gaming laptops may seem cool and efficient, but they have problems with longevity.

>sent from busted gaming laptop
>>
>>387338046
It's just so popular that it has more threads made about it than your average game on /v/ leading to people who hate it both posting more often about how they hate it purely off the high number of threads, and people who are sick of seeing threads feeling more inclined to post.

I don't think it's getting shit on more than any other game on /v/ would. It just has a greater volume of threads which also leads to people getting sick of seeing them.
>>
>>387340398
>cool and efficient
LOL
>>
How can I stop worrying about my win/lose ratio? I suck at this game and never win and this mindset is awful
>>
>>387339956
What is SOS?
>>
sucks that its early access but i got it as a birthday gift and enjoy it a ton
>>
>>387340902
It just had an Alpha a few weeks ago

There's a big island map full of temples and small military bases. It's also full of NPC monsters that are very aggressive.

Most weapons you can find are melee and break quickly, the biggest threats in most situations are the monsters on the island. Pistols and flares are rare.

About 25 players get dropped into random spots on the map with nothing but a map and a radio with 99 channels - there are 4 main temples each with an idol at the center guarded by a boss enemy. To escape you have to have an idol and call for pickup with a flare - only three people can escape in total.

The game is laid out in such a way that alliances naturally form at the beginning and then fight amongst each other once a boss is close or dead.
>>
>>387341465
Why can only three people escape if there are four idols?
>>
>>387340776
Instead of playing to win play to get kills. I found that having a lot of kills is more fun than winning.
>>
>>387341626
The in-game reason is that there are only 3 seats on the chopper.

The design reason is that it keeps a sense of urgency and can foster conflicts between people who both have idols.

I kinda wish I'd had more time with the alpha, but what I played was incredibly fun. I escaped twice, but the second time was very fun and I love games that naturally form narratives

I was in a group of 4 and one guy found a gun and started betraying us right as we were entering the boss' area. He killed everyone but me and I managed to kill him, solo the boss, and find another player who was calling a chopper.

The other player and I both had idols so we called a truce - a third player saw the flare and tried to attack us to get an idol. It was a good time.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.