[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the GREAT sonic games, besides the genesis games? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

What are the GREAT sonic games, besides the genesis games? I want quality Sonic but not dated stuff.
>>
>>387328949
Sonic Mania
SA1 and SA2 are okay too.
>>
Check out some of the GBA games
>>
>>387328949
Colors, Generations, Unleashed Project.

Adventurefags are kidding themselves.

>>387329091
That too.
>>
File: 1481501062733.jpg (188KB, 1280x892px) Image search: [Google]
1481501062733.jpg
188KB, 1280x892px
The Mega-Drive games.
>>
Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 had great music plus a balance of both speed and platforming so they felt like actual Sonic games before they introduced the boost mechanic

Sonic Heroes was like a mixed bag if gameplay with the whole speed through, fly and stop to beat shit up mechanic, you might like it

Sonic Unleashed introduced the boost mechanic as well as some pretty cool hubworlds to explore however it's offset by the fact that boost makes the game a little too easy, but then there's werehog stages...

Sonic Colors also has the boost mechanic but it's not infinite in this game, this game also places more of an emphasis on platforming if you want to have a gotta go fast experience, you might be a little disappointed. Also has these powers called wisps which help branch off the main path in most stages

Sonic Generations was more or less Unleashed but without the werehog stages and was more intended for nostalgic purposes, plus it reintroduced the infinite boost which arguably makes the main game too easy. Has a large modding community too so if you wanted to play some of the older Sonic games remade in Generations, that might be a plus for you.
>>
there hasn't been one yet
>>
>>387328949
SA2 is pretty great with some shit parts here and there.

SA1's enjoyable as well, but has some glaring flaws that keep it from being "great."

Sonic Advance 1 is also great.
>>
>>387328949
Lost world isnt bad, its just not that good. Worth a play if you want to play a different sonic game
>>
>>387328949
sonic heroes, sonic advanced 1, 2, 3, Sa2, colors, generations (even better with mods)
>>
Rush, Rush Adventure, Colors, Heroes, Mania.

Adventure games are hot garbage only worth playing for the Chao garden.
>>
>>387331497
>Likes the rush games and heroes
>Calls Adventure trash

Jesus. I didn't know it was possible to have taste this bad.
>>
Only the 2D games are any good.
Anyone recommending the 3D ones is just a nostalgiafag.
>>
Main 3D games(best to worst):
-Sonic Adventure(-big fishing)
-Sonic Adventure 2(-tails mech, -no hubworld)
-Shadow The Hedgehog(-too edgy)
-Sonic Unleashed(-werehog and only sonic is playable)
-Sonic Colors(-poor multiplayer, -2.5D)
-Sonic Generations(-two Sonics, -2.5D redesign of originally 3D levels)
-Sonic Heroes(-bad physics, -forced 3 character levels)
-Sonic 06(-buggy, -unfinished, -elise)
-Sonic Lost World(-parkour implementation, -only Sonic is playable)
-Sonic Boom(-garbage redesign)
-Sonic and the Black Knight(neat idea, -god awful controls)
-Sonic and the Secret Rings(neat idea, -god awful controls)

3D Spinoff Games (favorite to least favorite):
-Sonic the Fighters
-Sonic Shuffle
-Sonic R
-Sonic Chronicles
-Sonic Riders
-Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed

2D games from (favorite to least favorite):
-Sonic 2
-Sonic Advance 2
-Sonic Advance
-Sonic & Knuckles
-Sonic 3 & Knuckles
-Sonic 3
-Sonic Pocket Adventure
-Sonic 1
-Sonic 3D blast
-Sonic Rush Adventure
-Sonic Rush
-Sonic Advance 3
-Sonic Labyrinth

2D spinoff games (favorite to least favorite):
-Sonic Battle
-Tails Adventures
-Sonic Drift 1&2
>>
>>387328949
Adventure 1, Heroes, and Unleashed are good
SA2, Colors, and Generations are great
>>
>>387331883
Whycome no cd?
>>
Sonic the Fighters is unironically a fantastic fighting game.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (46KB, 471x312px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
46KB, 471x312px
I actually have fun with this more than main sonic game
>>
>>387332195
Forgot it
>>
>>387331589
Adventure is buggy garbage.
I don't know a single person that liked the Knuckles/Rouge levels even a little bit in those games, which is a significant amount of the game
>>
>>387332482
I liked the knuckles and rouge levels you gigantic faggot
>>
>>387332503
Shit taste detected.

Go back and play them now, you'll be shocked.
>>
>>387332591
I was playing SA2 yesterday faggot
>>
>>387331883
>best to worst
>shadow the hedgehog above colors, >unleashed, and lost world
>06 above lost world
I would put unleashed and colors above ow the edge and probably lost world too if id played it but i suppose that order is your opinion

>No Sonic CD
>No Tails Sky Patrol
>>
>>387332482
I actually like them too. Mad Space was shit tier though. and Meteor Herd was meh.
>>
>>387332890
>saying faggot in every post
Hello newfriend. Why are you so mad? Just accept that your childhood favorites didn't age well.
>>387333032
I usually stop playing the Adventure games when I get to those levels just because I think they're such a chore.
>>
>>387331697
>Only the 2D games are any good.

The 2D games are shit as well.

The irony of a 2D lover calling anyone who likes any of the 3D ones a nostalgiafag is hilarious.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.