[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nioh Thread? Nioh thread. Let's talk about GOTY 2017, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 189
Thread images: 21

File: nioh.jpg (471KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nioh.jpg
471KB, 1920x1080px
Nioh Thread?
Nioh thread.
Let's talk about GOTY 2017, and our hopes and dreams for DLC #3 / future patches
>>
>>387322196
my hopes are:
>more transformations (adds replay value and fun roleplaying)
>more Guardian Spirits (wich is a given really)
>bare handed skill tree AND a new weapon type (very unlikely but it would make the game amazing)
>fun stuff that gives coop and PvP more life (like emotes, stuff to unlock for glory etc.)
>>
I just hope they don't increase the mission level by 40 levels to artificially make the DLC harder. I was level 100 at the end of the main game after doing most of the sidemissions too, and Dragon of the North had mission level 140. Pointless.
>>
WotW was a mistake
>>
File: nioh 2.jpg (382KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
nioh 2.jpg
382KB, 800x600px
What do you think the next new weapon will be?
>>
>>387323010
Nanchaku, Sais or fistweapons
>>
File: 44.jpg (101KB, 736x525px) Image search: [Google]
44.jpg
101KB, 736x525px
It's party time.
>>
>>387323010
We got a big slow weapon and a quick weapon last time, so the last one is probably a balanced weapon like 1kat but focuses on ki damage.
>>
>>387323010
Buddhist ringed staff Tengu are using. Scales with Onmyo and spirit, faster than spear but with less range and a different moveset based around bashing foes with it and using ki-based techinques, elemental buffs give it some new abilities like whirlwind Tengu are using
>>
>>387322196
GotY with the worst forge system ever...
>>
online related I want them to just copy the DS3 arena completely, they only have like 2 more big things to implement
content that actually matters related I want those goddamn dual pistols and some randomly generated dungeons
>>
File: 1491065219585.jpg (76KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491065219585.jpg
76KB, 480x480px
The fox mission in second DLC is fucking amazing. Unique gimmicks like disappearing/appearing walls or fox orbs, cool atmosphere, good level layout, it's a shame that the boss is not Ninetails but just a big-ass fox.
>that moment when onmyo mage forced wheelmonk to roll around a scared kodama
>>
Love the Souls games, so I was looking into getting Nioh.

Does it have a good variety of weapons and armors?
>>
>>387323687
>Weapons
there are 7 archetypes of weapons (+ bare handed and another one in DLC 3 comming soon)
each of them play the same within the archetype, every katana plays the same.
but each archetype has a big old skilltree with customizable moves and combos (not really THAT deep, but deep enough)
as far as armor goes, there is a lot of different looks, some offer set boni similar to Diablo, where you get extra stats for wearing a matching set.
what differentiates one katana from the next are 2-7 randomly rolled passive effects that make the weapons stronger and each weapon kinda unique.
>>
>>387323904
Also 3 different stances for every weapon with unique moveset.
>>
I bought this game, beat the first boss, walked around, died a bunch of times, haven't played since.

If this game is as good as /v/ says, convince me to finish it.
>>
>>387323687
>>387323904
oh i guess theres also a Gun, a Bow and a cannon each using different ammo, but basically somewhat doing the same thing
(using ranged weapons isnt clunky in this game and you always have one ready to aim and shoot, headshots doing massive damage but somewhat being limited by ammo)

also for other stuff that adds variety
there is a big skilltree for unlockable Ninja gadgets to use
there is another big skilltree for Magic and the like
and there are like 20 guardian spirits you slowly unlock while playing the game that each come with 2 unique moves and unique passive stats
>>
>that feeling when a group of enemies triggers a paralysing groundtrap and you blast them off with a canon from afar
People playing without ninjutsu and onmyo are really missing on some gameplay fun.
>>
>>387324479
to be fair, i am playing a Ninjutsu/Katana build and it made the last few bosses (nobunaga and snake monster) a complete joke.
spamming kunais (wich i have 21 of, 15 storm kunai and 21 shuriken) just stunlocks the humanoid enemies endlessly, it made the game too easy.
oh and standing behind a Yokai spamming storm kunai kills them super fast with the extra back damage.

but yea, everyone should play with at least Magic or Ninjutsu.
>>
>>387323393
I like this.
>>
>>387324645
Orochi is so fucking annoying the ability to spam him into the ground with kunai is actually a plus.
Generally i love ninjutsu on heavy build, thrown weapons don't use stamina so i always have reliable, powerful attack options while being tanky as shit and having crowd control.

Last thing i did is 2kat/ninjutsu and between the 2kat's blocking capabilities, master swordsman set and ranged attacks i was virtually invulnerable despite the fact i don't really like 2kats usually.
>>
>>387322324
>>more Guardian Spirits (wich is a given really)
To add to this, maybe a guardian spirit that's actually better than Kato for any situation bar a few specific builds
>>
>>387322196
I'm pissed the game is still fucking full price
>>
>>387325259
It's been knocked down to £30 from £55 on the UK psn store
>>
>>387325259
i got the deluxe edition for 50 during the summer PSN sale.
to be fair, the game isnt that old and the DLC isnt finished yet.
and its one of those games that is just obscure enough while having a cult following that it will keep up its price for a good year or so
>>
>>387325505
Is it really considered a cult game? I think it sold over a million in the first couple of months
>>
>>387325489
>>387325505
I know i'm kinda bitchin here but i want the physical version, i'm not really a fan of digital, unless i have no choice
>>
Any good odachi sets in second DLC?
>>
can someone tell me when/what i want to
>disassemble
>sell
>offer
?
i assume i want to disassemble all divines and sell everything else right?
>>
>>387322196
the game is so boring I still havent finished the first DLC even though I have a season pass. I didnt think theyd so successfully pull off another phantom pain in this generation but its the epitome of quantity over quality with an alpha/ demo that was deceivingly tight and good
>>
>>387326669
what build did you play?
>>
>>387326856
tried every weapon type but mostly been using single katana with medium dodges/decent blocking
>>
>>387326986
hmm i am also using single katana (along with Ninjutsu)
i started with Odachi and thought that was boring and easy.
but with Single katana i just love parrying the living shit out of bosses, while doing those Unsheathing attacks and the slow walk Powerhit.
i think the gameplay is good enough to make it not boring.
its a shame that the difficulty curve is a little uneven and that the enemy variety is lacking.
>>
>>387326632
>disassemble
Do this when you run out of materials for crafting and reforging
>offer
You virtually never want to do this unless you're desperate for more elixers beyond the 3 that auto fill. The amount of amrita you get from it is incredibly low
>sell
Do this for basically any item that you don't want to keep for a soul matching material. Gold becomes the much more important resource later, in order to soul-match and reforging cost in the late game
>>
Did they change how bosses work in Way of the Wise? I just unlocked it after beating Way of the Demon.
The humanoid bosses seem to tumble/roll when I use Spearfall or a Guardian Talisman. I tried farming Li but couldn't cheese him.
>>
>>387327775
Yes. One of the main things that was changed asside from adding buffs to bosses was the tumble you mentioned, so you can't attack frim beinh spearfall enemies ad infinitum (still works on regular enemies and revenants though). There's generally a move or two and some new behaviour added for some bosses in each difficulty, like the onriyoki's overhand ball throw in WotS
>>
>>387323687
Yes but be warned the enemy variety and level design is abysmal.
>>
>>387326632
disassemble everything that isn't ethereal

look through divines for high enough + gear and inheritables before disassembly

you get enough gold from mission rewards
>>
>>387328440
the level design is actually good though
>>
>>387327775
I've heard people say that using debuff talismans on bosses has the opposite effect. IE using devigorate will actually increase their attack.
>>
>>387328026
So is Marobashi not the best place to farm in Way of the Wise?
This new difficulty just seems to throw enemies that one hit kill you. I hope I get a weapon with that new rarity soon
>>
>>387327775
you can't cause more than one knockdown on humanoids in Wise
use paralysis traps and repeatedly rape them with finishers
>>
>>387328747
for ethereals? just make a luck set and farm that fag on ohashi bridge

that's the best early ethereal farm there is because it's fast and easy even in farm gear and he has an unusually high drop rate

he drops genji do, kote, hizayori, suneate and warrior monks hood with any grace you want in addition to random melee and ranged weapons of any type

that's how I farmed a full matching set of tsukuyomi
>>
Why is Tachibana allowed to infinite roll and ignore hits despite being out of stamina?
>>
>>387330379
everlasting ki, stack em up senpai
>>
>>387330379
Because fuck you, that's why
>>
Kato is so fucking overpowered and boring at the same time because of an awful spirit talisman.
Meanwhile shit like Nurarihyon is so fucking fun to use but his passives are terrible and he's really sub-optimal.
I really wish they balanced the spirits better. Same goes for fucking Kingo's set.
>>
>>387330379
He secretly has full set of ethereals, you will feel equally broken after finishing up wotw grind.
>>
>>387331319
kato has a pretty decent living weapon
>>
>>387331427
Living weapon yes, but half of the fun from using a spirit comes from a good spirit talisman, and he lacks that.
>>
>>387322196
it's ok, balance is really broken and even with the dlcs there aren't enough enemy types.
>>
>>387331841
>balance is really broken
when everything is broken, nothing is
best design philosophy
>>
>>387331562
yeah but, do you really want him even more overpowered?
>>
>>387324075
>he needs to be convinced to play a game
God what a fag
>>
>>387331909
agreed
>>
the ranged weapon farming spot on one eyed dragons castle; that's only for rifles, right?
>>
>>387324075
You're too much of a shitter to beat an arguably easy game.
>>
>>387328535
Compared to something like BB and DaS though?
>>
>>387334042
yes, it's still good
>>
File: basednobunaga.jpg (159KB, 1353x760px) Image search: [Google]
basednobunaga.jpg
159KB, 1353x760px
as a big onimusha fan, i appreciate the fact that i can play as this motherfucker.
he looks really badass in this game too.
now i just need Onimusha 3s Gun +
Whip weapon combo that Jean Reno uses
>>
>>387334042

Eh, each level seems to do something new mechanically most of the time. The real part that gets me is that low fantasy Japan just gets boring after a while. I only really remember being impressed with the last level because it actually veered into high fantasy and was actually interesting.
>>
>increase toughness by x% when ki is above 50% threshold

this is the coolest stat ever
>>
File: muneshige gets tired.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
muneshige gets tired.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>387330379
He just gets a free roll or with the last of his Ki with it recovering fast. I should check if it's still possible to make him tire himself out or if they removed that remnant of a better game.
>>
>>387336993
It still does plenty with the setting and looks great. Just because it chooses to focus on a particular setting instead of doing anything doesn't make it have worse world (not level, world) design, it just makes it different. The level design is fantastic though.
>>
>>387338896
I hate how overpowered Ninjutsu throwing weapons are against humanoid enemies
https://my.mixtape.moe/aavflg.webm
>>
>>387340051
Kunai are just thrown too fast for enemies to be able to bring their guard up so they get combo'd to death. All they really need to do is slow the recovery on the second throw a little bit and lower the hitstun a little which would mean you get two kunai on their back but not any more.
>>
File: 1488131663012.jpg (197KB, 850x1817px) Image search: [Google]
1488131663012.jpg
197KB, 850x1817px
Whats the best way to farm for glory bros?

I wanna unlock more transformations but they're expensive
>>
SPEAR + TONFA is the only way to play
>>
>>387341251
well if you find matches, then its PvP duels.
i think doing revenants might still be faster than doing coop due to the high possibility of the host fucking up in coop.

you also get a bunch every week in the clanwars minigame.
>>
>>387341309
nah
now kusari + spear is the most technical shit ever
>rules of thrusting apply to kunai damage
muh dick
>>
>>387340959
Oh and of course that would apply to Muneshige etc, they tend to block sooner and more consistently out of combos compared to normal soldiers but not as much as revenants which are wonky and block nearly everything because they work off the player mechanics and all the changes the game got so I was thinking of the bosses as the baseline.
>>387341251
I got a lot from coop, but your mileage may vary as far as your partner's ability is concerned. I also heard PvP gives you a ton.
>>
extended evasion invulnerability frames or no guard break from projectiles?

I am going full tank+zero ki bonuses so I kind of pointing towards the latter
>>
File: 1365325703429.jpg (36KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1365325703429.jpg
36KB, 500x313px
Is 200 the upper level smithing limit in Wotd? I completed a Sekigahara mission and it only increased the lower limit.

Also my damage kinda sucks ass even with living weapon. Would it be better to upgrade weapon + level or stack attack inheritables?
>>
>>387342430
upgrade your weapon
if you're mostly in LW all the time then stack close combat attack (critical) and pop it in critical range
>>
>>387342430
oh, 200 is probably the limit in WotD

I thought you said WotW
>>
>>387342259
The latter sounds like it would be more useful. If you're operating off of minimum Ki then you wouldn't be able to make use of the better dodge as much, but projectiles would be much more dangerous.
>>
File: NiOh-30.jpg (210KB, 1000x809px) Image search: [Google]
NiOh-30.jpg
210KB, 1000x809px
What is the best looking armor set and why is it Date Shizeganes?
>>
>>387345387
veterans
>>
I'm having a hard time with the first boss. Also what should I be putting points into? And what should I not
>>
I still havent beat it. Got to the ice boss bitch and stopped playing when I got a new game, then so on and so forth for like 10 games. Such is life of a gamer with money to throw. Now no more gamws until battlefront2
>>
File: 12ee21.jpg (51KB, 371x392px) Image search: [Google]
12ee21.jpg
51KB, 371x392px
What's the endgame in this? I know you hate me for this but the lack of invasions is really unfun.
>>
>>387346121
getting points in the stat that corresponds to your main weapon makes it stronger.
points in Body (health) and heart (ki) are also always useful.
get Spirit a little bit later down the line
you can get magic/dexterity if you want to do magic/ninja shit
>>387346354
you play through the game.
then you do it again
and again
and again
just slightly different and harder everytime.
while getting a full armor set and weapon set with stats that compliment your playstyle via a lot of farming and praising your RNGesus for good stat rolls.

that being said, the maingame is like 40 hours long, and then 3 unique DLCs.
even if you dont go into the autistic New game + stuff you will get your moneys worth.
>>
Horse man was a cake walk compared to the bullshit protecting him.
>>
>>387346549
I already have the game, I plated it and never looked back because of the lack of options.
>>
>>387341251
High level revenants give 90 to 100.
>>
>>387322196
Hey dudes. I've seen a good friend play a ton of this game, and it looks awesome. As a, yes stereotypical I know, Demons Souls player, what attitude should I go into this game with? Are all the weapons and builds good, like could I get through the game without having to optimize or anything? Or, are certain things just completely required down the line?
>>
>>387346897
>play through the game
>ask online what the endgame is
??????
then why did you ask?
also coop and PvP are way better than they are in dark souls
>>
>>387347058
I was curious what everyone else is doing, what the fuck is your problem. They might have addes something worthwhile with the 2 dlcs.
>>
>>387346121
Put points into anything you want. Every stat is useful in it's own way and you gain extra skill points and are generally encouraged to try at least a bit of everything so focus on what you'd like to use more of. Armour has low stat requirements that depend on the type and weapons scale off of different stats, both of which can be found on the weapons themselves. The only thing I would really recommend specifically for anyone is to level Spirit to the point where every effect is granted on Guardian Spirits, but that's not too much.
Onryoki isn't too tough, simply pay attention to his attack tells and how he reacts to where you are, and remember that even in heavy armour you have a lot of mobility available to you.
>>
>>387347142
they did
>>
>>387346994
The armor is absolutely awesome in this game so I recommend upping the stat which let's you equip the samurai shit. Also don't sleep on spirit it's a very useful stay for when you use the awakening power on your blade.
>>
>>387346994
I don't have the patience for builds, so I just pump points in the stats I like to use (Heart(?) for my katana, Strength for my axe, Stamina for my speed and so on. It has similar mechanics to the Souls games, but don't play it as such. It's very fast paced, and is much closer to Ninja Gaiden in combat than it is Souls games.
>>
>own a ps4
>refuse to play this game in 720p 60fps or 1080p 30fps
>have been patiently waiting for the complete edition to come out on PC
>>
>>387322196
>Bosses are now guys that use infinite living weapon
Shit is tedious
>>
>>387346912
in WotW they give 270-300
>>
>>387346994
Everything becomes powerful easily, you don't have to optimize if you don't want to until possibly the bonus difficulties. Don't go into the game expecting it to play like Souls, the combat is markedly different and allows for far more and different things.
>>
Another omg hype game that was forgotten after a week lol

Hey do you guys remember For Honor?
>>
File: 1485078261314.gif (3MB, 286x258px) Image search: [Google]
1485078261314.gif
3MB, 286x258px
>>387347278
>>
>>387347202
I said worthwhile not just more stuff of the same shit. Weapon isn't something worthwhile when I don't give a shit about the moveset.
>>
>>387347403
the DLC added new missions to do with new weapons and new guardian spirits.
what else would you want.
>>
>>387347498
Invasions since I could min/maxi like a turd just to bully people.
>>
>>387346994
Pretty much anything is viable in NG and it's a good time to dick around and experiment, but as the numbers get tuned up you'll definitely see a narrowing of what really works. At the same time, there are a few very strong builds that work with pretty much any weapon, so the weapon itself won't make or break you. But as you step up in NG+s, you really see a slow shift to needing heavy armor and as much life as possible to avoid being instantly killed for a single mistake. There are people who are good enough to play Nioh like Ninja Gaiden, but there's no real incentive or trade-off for doing so.
>>
>>387346994
you don't need to optimize a build until ng++

get ki pulse in muscle memory, learn the skills that let you ki pulse by dodging in each stance and the flux tree asap
>>
>>387322196
Boss moveset unlockables (humanoid) after clearing Way of the Wise. Saika Magoichi's idle stance is fucking awesome.
New model animation unlockables (eg. hand on sword while walking/running)
More western types of armor
>>
>>387347646
Ki Pulsing is the stamina regeneration mechanic, isn't it?
>>
On NG+, need some serious help with Mitsunari, any tips? 1 kat/axe user.
>>
>>387347717
yes, it's at the core of the combat system and has tons of mechanics that branch out from it

for a souls player coming to the game, it's the most important thing to learn, the sooner the better
>>
>>387322196
Why way of the demon is so unfun? All bosses kill me in one or two hits. Its more annoying. But the loot is so sweet. And how to i get new tier weapon?
>>
>stuck on way of the strong because the kelly clones 2 shot me
>can't farm Marobashi anymore because it literally makes me sick
>don't get enough amrita from doing missions to even level up once anymore
What the fuck is this shit, how am I supposed to progress without having to farm the same boring ass mission again and again.
>>
>>387348051
>CC'ing Kelly clones
>not Slothing and Hand Cannoning their their faces for instakill
>>
>>387348043
way of the demon or way of the wise? ethereal gear doesn't drop until wise, and if you're having trouble with WotD, then you're a long ways off
>>
File: niohbuild2.png (21KB, 1269x228px) Image search: [Google]
niohbuild2.png
21KB, 1269x228px
Thanks to an anon, I got through most NG+ easily.
>>
File: niohbuild1.png (22KB, 1250x180px) Image search: [Google]
niohbuild1.png
22KB, 1250x180px
>>387348223
>>
>>387322196
Is this game worth getting a Ps4 for? Because at this point all I want a Ps4 for is Bloodborne and maybe this but at the same time thats spending roughly 400 bucs just for two games and that irks me to no end
>>
>>387340051
Time to do a ninjitsu throw build I guess.
>>
>>387348357
Basically my main motivation for getting my PS4 earlier this year. Don't regret it. I'm assumming you're a pcbroold so you probably have no interest or friends to play multiplats on it. That's what I've been doing outside of playing Nioh and such.
>>
>>387322196
Just want to say you're doing good Nioh-anon, keep it up I don't want this game to fade into darkness it's way too soon.
>>
>>387348223
That's me. I'm glad it worked for you.

Pirate clan is actually a lot stronger than I initially thought too since it actually caps at around 41+ luck per piece of armor. 100x better than swallowtail
>>
>>387347740
Pls god someone help me. I want to keep playing this game but I can't with him in my way.
>>
File: 1387427811227.jpg (7KB, 170x213px) Image search: [Google]
1387427811227.jpg
7KB, 170x213px
>>387348503
yea exactly I would be buying the ps4 for souly single player games that I am missing out on being a member of the mustard race. All of my friends have finally converted to PC and now that they have I want a ps4 lol, fuck me I guess. Good to hear that anon I for sure will do it at some point its just I'm still up in the air about it, maybe I'll buy one for myself as a christmas present for me
>>
>>387348357
If you're willing to buy a ps4 for bloodborne then is game is definitely worth it
>>
>>387347552
i dont understand why do you want invasions so much, i have played more like 1k hours each soul including bloodborne, but in nioh? you have PvP modes if you want, the thing is, in some pvp modes like (skill mode) where your weapon,set,magic,stat etc are the same for all the oponents that pretty good, but you want a way to abuse and bully new players, wow so fun. dark souls 10/10 hard game.
stop that shit anon, if you want to kill people, you have 2 modes. 1 where you can fight a lvl 999 while you are lvl 20. the other where you and the other guy are lvl 100 or something.
i expect a reasonable answer to this tho, because i cant even understand your way of thinking that "no invasions = unfun game"
>>
>>387348686
Thanks alot again for your help, but I still get raped up the ass by most bosses in the main missions in Wise, any suggestions?
>>
>>387348223
I think the critical LW people started transitioning to Kigetsu's set, since you gain most of the benefits while also gaining even more damage and massive damage reduction from inflicting yourself with the debuffs that come from your own buffs like carnage and that new talisman that makes you never stagger.
>>
>>387348219
Demon. Game is kicking me hard right now. I am level 200 spear+12 and all armor+12. I think i have to start farming seriously
>>
>>387348928
Is Kigetsu drop only, or does it have a smithing text?
>>
>>387348964
Don't forget about forging stuff too.
>>
>>387348863
>wow so fun. dark souls 10/10 hard game.
You are a total tryhard with that kind of train of thought. Kindly off yourself. If you can't see the beauty of invasions over pvp, you shouldn't talk about it.
>>
>>387348964
nah, the true farm starts in way of the wise. i'll say, rush till way of the wise, then farm.
>>
>>387349045
I think it drops from a revenant at the very end of scion of virtue.
>>
>>387349135
the beauty of killing some casual with min/max builds over killing some casual with actual skill and knowledge. uh oh difficult choice kid. hows your k/r in cod bo3?
>>
File: 14252535402891.jpg (61KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
14252535402891.jpg
61KB, 640x480px
>>387322196
375 lvl, 3k DPS, dominating wise
Who's more?
Seriously, replayabilty of Nioh is insane..
>>
>>387348913
Get your weapon to 250+30 as fast as you can is probably the best advice I can give. It's the only piece of equipment that really matters on that build. Maybe also throw 15.9% close combat damage (enemy scorched) on it. Getting 14% special effects (critical) on both accessories will also help your damage a lot so it just depends on whether you want to sacrifice luck durring LW for more damage (or you could get both if you get good enough accessory).

If you're lucky enough to either find a ethereal pirate kote or ethereal hikoemon, then roll nullify damage (dash-attack) on it. That will help alot of being outside of LW, but there isn't much you can do within living weapon aside from just avoiding damage.
>>
>>387349258
Hmmm. Can i go now full fanatic and cheesee lw to kill every boss?
>>
>>387349580
i guess you can, if you have the right build.
>>
>>387349497
>doing the same missions over and over
>replayability is insane
No wonder video games are getting so shitty.
>>
>>387349580
1 piece fanatics and 4 pieces of the red devotion will get you more damage than full fanatics

the red devotion's set bonuses scale by level when they probably really shouldn't. The 5 piece bonus gives about 27% ccd (critical) at around level 280.
>>
>>387349547
> lucky
It's kinda dumb how rarely Iga Jonin ethereal set parts are dropping in the game. All I got is kote (gloves).. like 6 times. And no other pieces. I don't think it's coincedence.
>>
>>387349930
tried farming hanzo?
>>
>>387341251
Farming revenants in an easy mission where there's plenty like that mission where you fight Nobunaga for the first time in Way of the Samurai. You'll kill everything super fast, half the revenants will give you 338 glory and you'll stak tons of Divine gear that you can also exchance for glory.
>>
>>387323661
Poor kodama ;-;
But yeah they should have had an original boss but it was only a side mission which was weird since it was a really nice level, the orb stuff only kills enemies connected to it though I thought at first it was needed to proceed but I just ran through it on my 2nd attempt.
>>
>>387349889
I am still around 200 and armor is level 170. I am looking for some easy way to get over wotd
>>
File: 14252535402913.jpg (78KB, 807x454px) Image search: [Google]
14252535402913.jpg
78KB, 807x454px
>>387349778
They're changing enemy placements/adding dlc guys/even new movesets to bosses
You can't talk shit about Team Ninja, they're doing awesome job for the endgame content.

And I must say this. Nioh is how Diablo 3 should've looked like.
>>
>>387349889
too bad it's deluxe edition only
>>
File: 1476832894262.jpg (238KB, 960x530px) Image search: [Google]
1476832894262.jpg
238KB, 960x530px
>>387347278
>>
>>387346121
you dont need any levels or points to beat the first few bosses even with average skill

You put points into what you want to build, if you want to katana level up the katana stat

Get hp if you feel you need it
>>
>>387349983
In the dojo mission? Yes, got ethereal Onikiba Kusarigama from him and.. gloves again. Should farm more I guess, you're right.
>>
>>387350102
the critical LW build is more geared for WotW, but it could work on anything

I was able to clear WotD in my sleep using 200+16 tatenashi with a kusarigama that had wind and weaken melee weapons on it. You could try that.
>>
>>387350139
not only to bosses, they added some new movesets to common enemies like the giant skeleton and the spin to win attack. that fucking move kills me everytime
>>
>>387349547
Guess i'll do some farming tomorrow, thanks again anon. Godspeed.
>>
>>387350170
or anyone that beat any of the alpha/betas
>>
>>387329104
You can, you just either have to wait a bit (might be a cooldown on the tumble) or just time it right, I've done it multiple times in one fight but not in succession like before the patches. But honestly it makes me fight better because now I actually have to pay attention to their moves now instead of just spamming for a quick win.
>>
>>387350357
Good luck.

I gotta say though, my build kind of falls off once you get to WotW DLC1 and 2. It's getting progressively more difficult to clear. I might have to actually start using real armor soon.
>>
>>387340051
Is this still viable on WotW? I never knew they can't block them if you hit them from the back.
>>
Is the Ying Yang tonfa build worth it on WotW? I'm not even sure what armor to use yet, aside from grinding for that Onmyo ethereal set.
>>
>>387350049
Farming 70k glory is probably the most time consuming shit in the game. I'm like 180 hrs in and still at 50k. (never played co-op, revenants farm only)
>>
>>387347740
>>387348734
I thought /Nioh/ was the most bro of threads. Why do you all hate me?
>>
>>387350672
I actually got a yin yang tonfa with tsukuyomi on it and was really happy

then I specced out a build with it and was disappointed to learn how shit tonfas are

not worth it
>>
>>387350908
use some blinding shells m8
>>
>>387350908
if i was that far i would help you out, but i havent unlocked the mission yet.
>>
>>387350908
attack his tail, and focus on depleting his ki
>>
>>387350565
Yes, but not on every boss. Besides it scales from your overal DPS.
For example you can't cheese White Tiger, Yuki bitch, that flying bug dude from Sekigahara with kunais. But Maria, Onryoki, Spider geisha, Date and some others are weak even for frontal spam. So every boss fight becomes searching for exclusive approaching to boss on wise. Basically 2.8k DPS is enough to beat any boss without problems. So it's kind of a goal for WotW.
>>
>>387347318
Even 336 sometimes. Still it's nothing.
>>
>>387350908
I don't have psn +. If it's too difficult you don't even need to beat him on NG+, just do sub missions.
>>
File: 1379351664759.jpg (119KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1379351664759.jpg
119KB, 1440x810px
> tfw no sexy Nioh PS4 themes except that one came with pre-order
really makes you sad..
>>
>>387322196
>game is dark as shit
>no torches

GOTY
>>
>tfw 605134810 gold
>tfw 7k divine fragments
>tfw love this game
>but hate there is not much build variety in WotW and ethereal are not really well done
>>
>>387352087
It's only an issue in the very first mission in England. I'll agree that level is annoyingly dark though.
>>
>>387351038
I've never used, but I'll take a look. Thanks lad.
>>387351137
>>387351639
Thanks but I'm trying to beat everything by myself, both sub and main missions.
>>387351160
I've tried slothing and lifesealing but iirc they run out really quickly.
>>
>>387352231
>>387352087
> they don't know about gamma option
>>
>>387352320
blinding shells completely break him

easiest way to cheese him down

I know because I got stuck on him too, but on ng+++ and they were the only way I could beat him
>>
>>387352372
Yes, who doesn't love that washed out shit look instead of just not making one of your levels pitch black for no reason.
>>
I bought this game and the season pass, but I haven't played since release and I only got probably 8 missions in, what am I missing?
>>
>>387352771
a lot of content
>>
Was sloth nerfed? I feel like blinding shells are better right now, and they last for eternity no matter the difficulty.
>>
i wish the wikis were a little bit more up to date.
Here is a question:
i have the bat as my primary guardian, and the eyepatch cat as my secondary.
and i want to keep the stats boni that way.
now when i am in a mission, and i switch the 2 guardian spirits, do the passive stats switch around too? (aka. i now get all passives from the cat, and only 1 from the bat)
i want to use the cats abilitys but wanna keep all the stats from the bat.
>>
>>387353481
switching guardians only gives you the bonuses of the currently active one
>>
Why did the Japs make William Adams Irish? HE WAS FUCKING ENGLISH REEE FUCKING REDWASHING
>>
>>387353481
Yes. Bat as secondary gives you 8.5% back dmg on lvl 50. And Nekomata gives you 8.5% throwing weapond dmg as secondary.
>>
>>387353481
>(aka. i now get all passives from the cat, and only 1 from the bat)

yes
>>
>>387353809
>>387353861
>>387353920
ahh thats unfortunate.
i like the cat a lot more. he was a cool character, but the bat has better boni for my silly throwable build...
oh well.
>>
>>387353345
It gets less effective as you step up difficulties, but it's actually been de-nerfed from how weak it was before way of the wise was introduced. Blind is really good, but a lot of builds also only need to get one or two hits in, where sloth is still beneficial.
>>
>>387352551
Just beat him after my fourth try just now. Blinding shells and the hill right beside the entrance really saved my ass.
>>
File: 1491317380851.png (29KB, 240x245px) Image search: [Google]
1491317380851.png
29KB, 240x245px
>offensive onmyo is only good for discord and LW gauge, and even to use it reliably this way you need an ethereal set with charge restoration and 99 magic so you can discord enemies on wotw in two shots
>>
>>387355795
or just shadowround talismans
>>
I wanna play Nioh tell me this is coming on pc
>>
>>387356938
its 60fps on PS4... so no?
>>
>>387354130
>silly throwable build
Ninjitsu is hideously broken and always has been. I strugged through the game as an axe using pure melee character with heavy armour, then my friend on a whim makes a ninja character. After a bit of a rocky start due to lack of projectiles, he went on to plow through the game and first DLC getting the "beat boss without getting hit" titles on multiple bosses on his first try. Shit is whack ass broke, even after the "nerf" that came with the first DLC.
>>
>>387357498
axes when specced right are hilariously broken with the new ethereal rolls like attack x2 at zero ki + the mystic art

I'm talking like hit things for 400k broken
Thread posts: 189
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.