[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is it worth $12 on Switch? If you change your Nintendo account

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Mania.png (1MB, 1002x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Mania.png
1MB, 1002x1125px
So is it worth $12 on Switch?

If you change your Nintendo account region it's 699RUB on the Russian store, then you can change it right back
>>
>>387320975
If saving a few dollars is worth contributing to fucking communist economies you're everything fucking wrong with the world right now
>>
I'm tempted myself. I've never really played a sonic game besides the demo of Sonic Heroes

I know getting gud will be part of it, but I've never been able to wrap my head around the gameplay. It just seems too fast to be playable? Like you lose momentum and you are just fucked and it's anti climatic

Do you have to learn the level before you play it properly?
>>
>>387321317
I'm playing right now and going through this.

How do I git gud?
>>
>>387321471
Just go with the flow, learn to accept the fact that you aren't in control at all times.
>>
It's pretty nice, I'll say. Never played a classic Sonic myself but I can see why people held on to their love of the guy.

The music's amazing
The designs are crisp
The levels look beautiful and they're creative as well
And the gameplay's solid. Takes like an hour at the very worst before you should get the hang of how you're supposed to be playing.
>>
File: DHRxH_pXoAUf5nA.jpg (5KB, 118x146px) Image search: [Google]
DHRxH_pXoAUf5nA.jpg
5KB, 118x146px
>>387321317
>Do you have to learn the level before you play it properly?

It's a dumb meme and a huge misunderstanding of Sonic games in general (which I blame the Advance / Rush games for, since those games are FULL of bottomless pit in your way). There's extremely clear and generous tells of the slower parts of a level, enemies are rarely if not at all in your way during the speed based sections, and you have a state of near-invulnerability (spindash) by simply pressing down during them.
What obstacles do is either slowing you down (a wall, a brick, generally to indicate a platform section is coming) or at worst send you to other parts of the level that are much slower in pace.
Memorization helps you noticing which areas allow for quicker completions or secrets, but you can play both 3&K and Mania just fine without knowing them. It's more about quick reflexes with the idea that Sonic is bound by the same rules of momentum and gravity that we are, which allows if done right much greater depth and challenge in LD.
>>
Should I buy the Switch version? Or get the PS4 version for when I get a PS4 Pro later

I have a 4K tv and hear it looks crisp as fuck on the pro
>>
>>387321071
>Seeing politics in every aspect of your life

Must be suffering desu
>>
>>387321967
Switch version currently has a problem with accessing the Home Menu being quite slow, but I love it so far.
>>
>>387321938
Shut up cunt
>>
>>387321938
unironically great post
>>
is the game good though?
>>
>>387321317

>Anti-climatic

You get hit, rings fly fucking everywhere, you rush to get one, you Spindash and keep going back at a fast pace. This all happens in the span of 2 seconds. There's hardly anything anti-climatic.

There's this dumb idea where everyone thinks you should be able o No Hit clear every stage on their first try. That's fucking retarded. Do you beat every Mega Man game without dying in your first playthrough? No you fucking don't, so why the fuck do you expect this game to hand you anything?
>>
>>387321071
>Russia
>Communist
It's not the 20th century anymore anon
>>
>>387323108
>It isn't the 20th century anymore
Apparently it is though, because an amazing sonic game just came out.
>>
>>387323327
God damn!
>>
>>387320975
So how do i change my accoutn region?
I jsut got the switch and i dont know were the fuck the option is
>>
>>387323520
>rick and morty
Get out.
>>
>>387320975
how do you pay for it if you do this?
>>
>>387323938
sign into your nintendo account on the ninty website
>>
>>387321317
If you're worried about going too fast, don't play Sonic. Try Knuckles or Tails, their gameplay is a lot slower and more about exploration.
>>
My visa won't work for some reason where can I buy RUB eshop card
>>
>>387323327

>Sonic
>Ever good
>>
>>387320975
Fuck's sake, really? God damn it. Is every game cheaper in Russia?
>>
>>387327019
No they aren't a $60 game is $90
>>
>>387325758
Same. my master card wont work
>>
File: sleepy sonic.jpg (27KB, 501x294px) Image search: [Google]
sleepy sonic.jpg
27KB, 501x294px
another pro-tip
if you live in the US, mexico, or canada set your e-shop region to US and your state to Oregon. no sales tax.
>>
>>387325758
>>387327281
It's not worth it, they don't sell eshop cards in the right amount so you'll end up paying more anyway. And if you change your region back you lose the remaining credits.

For future reference you'll have to find a shady third party site like Offgamers.

The only real benefit is having an alternate account you use to get games a day early from NZ or AUS, but you'll be paying like $5 more for early access.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.