[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this game considered to be good and/or representative of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

Is this game considered to be good and/or representative of the series as a whole?
>>
The queer picture-walking thing was a total turn off for me and felt so fucking out of place. The graphics are like a bastard child between ALttP and Phantom Hourglass. Buying weapons and having infinite arrows/bombs etc. is fucking stupid and I hate it. Avoid.
>>
>>387313576
Yeah its good
>>
It's ok. A Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time would represent the series better.

That being said, if you never played a Zelda game there's nothing wrong with ALBW. In fact it's very similiar to ALTTP, it often feels like an extension (this is my main critique of the game, it doesn't stand on its own).
>>
>>387313576
This game was too easy, and thiz is coming from someone that was too lazy to beat majoras mask
>>
>>387313576
It's a VERY solid 7/10 game.
>>
>>387313667
This guys not that wrong, it was a bit hand holdie, but everything is these days.
I liked it regardless, but see if you can cop a second hand title, the campaign isn't quiet long enough to warrant full price IMO
>>
At least it's better than any 3D console Zelda
>>
>>387314098
I will never understand the Top-Down contrarians.
>>
>>387313576
It's good, but very easy. It's not entirely representative of the series but most of the basics are there.
>>
>>387313576
Start with ALttP if you can. ALBW is a good sequel though.
>>
>>387314079
It's on Nintendo Selects, it's super cheap now
>>
It's the best top down Zelda
>>
>>387316165
That would automically make it the best Zelda...
>>
No Zelda game is representative of the series but albw is good.
>>
>>387313884
Honestly this. It's a fine game, but it felt too much like a remake. Part of what makes Zelda games so enjoyable is exploring a whole new world full of surprises. In ALBW, I pretty much knew the entire map from playing aLttP before.
>>
>/v/ hates this game now despite sucking its dick when it came out

I guess enjoying something wasn't contrarian
>>
>>387313884
>>387316698
You make it sound as if it's actually better to skip ALttP in favor of ALBW.
>>
>>387316759
I preferred aLttP, but that could possibly be due to nostalgia. Overall I just think that aLttP is more challenging and in every way a unique title with its own identity. I can't say the same for ALBW. Although I still enjoyed both a lot.
ALttP has actually aged very well, I'd start with that one personally.
>>
>>387313576
It would' ve been way better with a new map.
>>
>>387316505
Kind of this. If you break the series down into chunks of games, some games represent their own chunk pretty well but will never quite cover all the bases.
>>
File: 1457108420957.gif (3MB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
1457108420957.gif
3MB, 200x180px
It's one of the best 2D Zelda's imo. True that it's a little on the easy side, but the puzzles are so tightly and impressively designed and use the central "gimmick" (turning into a painting) to great effect - essentially making you think about the 2D spaces in a 3D way.

I'm not sure that'd I'd say it's very representative of the series as a whole.. Zelda is a pretty diverse series, it's hard to pin one down to represent them all - but I'd probably go with Ocarina. Pretty much all the Zelda games (2D & 3D) leant heavily on stuff established in Ocarina since it came out, and it's a fucking brilliant game - my personal all time fav (don't listen to contrarian dickheads).
>>
it's just a shittier easier alttp
>>
It's NEW a link to the past. Good game though. Would recommend.
>>
>>387318340
I love OoT but it's basically just ALttP in 3D.
>>
>>387318439
It's only easier because moldorm isn't bullshit like in alttp
>>
>>387318714

I never understood this point. Yeah, it has some of the same names of people and the dual world mechanic, but that's pretty much where the similarities end.
>>
>>387313884
Well, it is a sequel
>>
>>387316341
>top-down shitter
2d is obsolete, albw proved that
>>
>>387313576
It's the best for newcomers, play it then ALTTP, then the other 3D Zeldas in release order

pretty damn good Zelda, I hope they make more top-view single player entries in the future
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.