[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stormblood has been out for 2 months now. What are your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 548
Thread images: 124

Stormblood has been out for 2 months now. What are your impressions of it?
>>
Anything involving Doma was great
Anything involving Ala Mhigo was shit
Red Mage is fun
Samurai is shit
And Square Enix still hasn't done anything about all the retards at endgame, so I haven't even attempted the Savage/Extreme fights.

General sentiment: "It's more of the same".
>>
I unsubbed as soon as I finished the MSQ.
>>
>>387313465
Extreme primals so far are the easiest yet. This is also the best patch yet to try savage content because OS1&2 are fairly easy. Give it a go anon, you can do it.
>>
File: ffxiv_06192017_063928.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_06192017_063928.png
1MB, 1280x720px
its alright, needs more stuff to do hoping 4.1 brings some good stuff please look forward to it
>>
>>387314018
>Extreme primals so far are the easiest yet
Everyone always says that.
Sophia was apparently the easiest thing to have ever existed. Yet it took me 2. WEEKS. to clear, trying several hours every day for a full fortnight, because people in PUGs can't count to 7. Most wipes were to the enrage.

Until they cull the retards I'm never touching endgame again.
>>
>>387313465
Same but swap Ala Mhigo and Doma and the two new jobs are both boring as fuck.
>>
I got 4 classes on my main and an alt to 70, did the extremes, didn't care to do the savage stuff.

I was planning to get my brother to play but his OS/computer is so fucked that he can't get the game to even launch (I have tried so many things to fix his shit), so now I have just reverted to the 'come back for next patch' plan.
>>
I like most of what changed, the fact that we only have a couple of jobs currently in the trash can when we have as many as we do currently
is pretty nice. Salty SMNfag tears will also never get old, they will never be satisfied.
>>
I login once a week to get my omega cog from exdeath and to refresh my house.
>>
>>387312775
>Kugane/Doma are intricate and colorful
>Ala Mhigo is literally fucking Afghanistan
The disparity in quality is downright insulting.
>>
File: 1501580671923.webm (2MB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
1501580671923.webm
2MB, 1136x640px
Just got 330 weapon, strongly considering quitting now. Wanted to do ivalice 24 man raid but that looks to be months off.

Any reason I should stick around? I pubbed o1s and o2s but 3/4 seem pretty out of reach in publand, so I think I've pretty much done all the game can offer me.
>>
>>387313465
>Anything involving Doma was great
Pretty much this. At least in some class quests I get more Doma goodness but wish there was more.
>>
Remember to thank a PLD today.
>>
>>387314236
>actually fucking liking ala mhigo

Explain yourself right now
>>
Been playing DRK amd AST for the first time, both are pretty enjoyable so far and are at 58 & 65 respectively so far. My first tank I enjoy playing and the last of the healers I had yet to try.

>>387314184
Sorry to hear that anon. Lakshmi really is easy to do but Susanoo is the tougher one by a bit. Try finding an FC or group already familiar with the fight or make your own party in PF for serious clear.

>>387314407
Take a break and unsub until next patch with content you like is out.
>>
>>387312775

I played for 2 weeks and then dropped it. Just like with Heavensward. I got doubly disappointed since I thought Eureka would be in at launch because I'm retarded.
>>
File: 1496860252204.jpg (48KB, 506x264px) Image search: [Google]
1496860252204.jpg
48KB, 506x264px
>self-identification counts for nothing
>if your lineage is X, that is who you fucking are and anything else is race-treason
Phew. I might have forgotten this was a Japanese game for a minute there.
>>
>>387314637
Everything involving Othard was filler shit full of useless snowflake characters. No need to say much. Some characters' development were completely gutted as a result because they absolutely gotta make me run around helping lizardmen beat the shit out of each others for 2 levels thousand of miles away from where the actual conflict takes place.
>>
File: 54-capture_11112010_111339.png (216KB, 583x640px) Image search: [Google]
54-capture_11112010_111339.png
216KB, 583x640px
Expansion #2 where this bitch has done LITERALLY NOTHING.
>>
>>387315039
Alphinaud writing doujins about her is apparently enough for her to be the face of the series
>>
File: 64379673_p1.png (229KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
64379673_p1.png
229KB, 800x1200px
>>387314937
Fedora did literally nothing wrong
>>
>>387315039
Doing nothing might've been the right thing seeing how fucking garbage Lyse was, only team Doma and Alisaie weren't complete garbage in the msq.
>>
File: 144844045088.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
144844045088.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>this expansion described in one image
>>
File: 1497597799434.jpg (792KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497597799434.jpg
792KB, 1920x1080px
>>387315767
*clenches fist for the fourth time*

They somehow made me miss her
>>
File: roegadyns.png (30KB, 519x285px) Image search: [Google]
roegadyns.png
30KB, 519x285px
>>387315767
Hopefully the patches will focus on the empire trying to retake Doma and just ignore Ala Mhigo.
>>
There needed to be an underlying plot thread underneath all the liberating.

Lyse's character is wasted by not having her square off with Yotsuyu or the other one.
Zenos hold no real ideals for the player to go against either, he's just a madman and the story acknowledges that.

The story really only got interesting at the literal last second.
>>
>>387312775
Story was worse than Heavensward
Characters were very underdeveloped, they tried to introduce more new characters instead of digging deep into more interesting ones like HW did with Estinien and Ysayle

There's barely any content, and barely anything new compared to 3.0 launch, It's literally the same game experience.

Primals were meh, at least they came up with new mechanics

Raids are ehhh, 1 and 2 are shit, 3 is fantastic, 4 was good

I stopped playing after clearing Omega in wee one and realizing that I have nothing else to do in this game

Oh yeah, pvp is still trash
>>
Which direction do you think the main story will go in 4.1 and on?
On a side note I've noticed a lot of Thavnair related things lately.
>>
File: 1458604162232.jpg (237KB, 1260x700px) Image search: [Google]
1458604162232.jpg
237KB, 1260x700px
>>387316037
>wol has demolished countless primals, the fucking ultima weapon, and 1v13d THE FUCKING KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND
>zenos for some reason can shit on the WoL without any effort
>randomly loses to him at the end in a fucking 4 man dungeon
>>
>>387316172
What is this shirt called
>>
>>387316260
It's on the mogstation, Minfilia attire for like 15$ or some stupid shit
>>
>>387316101
>Raids are ehhh, 1 and 2 are shit, 3 is fantastic, 4 was good

Do you mean normal or savage?
>>
File: wqdmb[1].gif (946KB, 500x272px) Image search: [Google]
wqdmb[1].gif
946KB, 500x272px
>>387312775
just resubbed for Stormblood after having played for my 1 free month like 2 years ago

>horrendously outdated clunky tab-targeting combat (and that ground targeting mechanic lol jesus christ)
>like 50 skills per job
>have to memorize 30 input "rotations" to be considered good at a job like some fucking autist otherwise you're shit
>even when you want to turn your brain off and solo quest or grind, you still have to wrestle with overcomplicated job mechanics that require 100% focus just to kill random mobs
>have to grow a 3rd hand and a 3rd eye to optimally play most DPS jobs
>eyes glued to hotbars to see whether any of the 12 different random procs and cooldowns have popped up
>have to juggle and manage like 3 different mana/energy bars + job specific gauges/stances per job
>AND THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE "SIMPLIFIED" STORMBLOOD COMBAT

>zero synergy or teamwork between the classes outside of minor buffs others can passively benefit from
>No emergent situational awareness needed. In dungeons or teamfights everyone just tunnel-visioned into doing what they're supposed to do non-stop, and hope their teammates are doing well
>open world is completely empty outside of FATEs and an occasional hunt popping up - no rewards (not even cosmetic) for exploration, no hidden quests, no environmental storytelling or lore to discover, no optional hidden areas
>99% of quests is "go here kill that, or go there talk to that, or pick up that thing"
>the structure of every dungeon is a completely linear "3 corridors of trash mobs
then a filler boss", repeat 3 times with a bigger boss at the end

why is this game popular at all? just because it's called final fantasy?
>>
>>387316037
>Zenos hold no real ideals for the player to go against either
It's because of that we were kindred spirits.
Zenos is always hungering for a stronger enemy to fight, and the WoL was so bored they accidentally summoned a primal (Susano-o).

By the way, what's the best mount to PvP with that's also easy to get? Currently using the battle drake, but I'm wishing I'd farmed out that fucking stupid Youkai watch one because it has a tiny hitbox.
>>
>>387315324
(You) get a free one from me
>>
>>387316474
>Falseflagging this hard

FFXIV combat revolves around like 7 buttons, stop trying to make your game seem complex.
>>
File: why bother playing drg anymore.gif (568KB, 375x304px) Image search: [Google]
why bother playing drg anymore.gif
568KB, 375x304px
>>387316172
>randomly loses to him at the end in a fucking 4 man dungeon

This is where the sb story shit the bed the hardest

>need hydaelyns help to beat gaius and the ultima weapon

>need hraesvelgrs eye to beat niddhogstinien

>need alex to actively inhibit himself for us to beat him

>can beat zenos with no plot macguffin despite him flooring us with no problem twice previously

What changed? What's the explanation for the WoL one moment getting his ass handed to him and the next not only beating zenos without aid but also then beating shin-zenos without aid

unless the other players in the dungeon and shinryu fight are canon
>>
>>387316363
Savage
>>
File: 1452126343400.jpg (313KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1452126343400.jpg
313KB, 1920x1080px
>>387316037
The underlying plot thread was the mystery of Zenos' hair care regimen.
>>
>>387316351
Thanks but I can't find it using textools. I wanted to rip the model. Is there a more specific name for it?
>>
>>387314184
Wile I agree that "easy" is always subjective, I managed to clear D1S and both EX primals as a rather casual player together with my small casual-midcore FC. And I've newer touched current EX primals before

>>387316172
The story actually acknowledges you levelling up and getting stronger, so it makes sense that you get your ass beaten the first time going against an enemy 10 levels higher than you
>>
>>387316863
Antecedent's Attire
It's a full set of gear like Odin's old gearset, not just a chestpiece
>>
>>387316767
Now hold the fuck on. We also beat Thordan 1v13 in the middle of a singularity reactor with Thordan being at max power.

Our power level is just inconsistent as fuck.
>>
>>387316767

They are canon. The DF description always acknowledges them. Too much even, to the point of being obnoxious. It's especially jarring with Susano where they say something along the lines of "no matter how strong you are, it's impossible for a mere mortal to kill a primal alone" and in Bardam's Mettle where it basically says you cheated.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (61KB, 932x760px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
61KB, 932x760px
>>387316946
Thanks.
>>
it's reskinned heavensward

fucking trash cashgrab

same fucking shit, fuck FFXIV
>>
>>387312775
same shit, new coat of paint.

people still play this regardless of the fact.
>>
>>387316767
Any of the big boss fights, like against Ultima and Nidhogg, you canonically have your team of adventurers helping you.
>>
>>387316983
The other three players in most HW dungeons aren't canon; DF doesn't mention anything about other adventurers, since we already had a party of Estinien, Alphinaud, and Ysalye
>>
>>387316971
When it comes to dealing with Primals, Hydaelyn usually lends her help to the WoL, since fighting fucking gods is really hard for a mere mortal.
>>
File: 1410287920607.jpg (10KB, 232x236px) Image search: [Google]
1410287920607.jpg
10KB, 232x236px
>>387317235
>WoL
>mortal
>>
File: triggered, the gif.gif (4MB, 204x204px) Image search: [Google]
triggered, the gif.gif
4MB, 204x204px
The Ala Mhigo emancipation part of the story, despite being what I was most excited for, was utterly underwhelming. Fordola's character had the most potential of any story character we had so far and they just completely shit the bed with her useless ass. Zenos was refreshingly just a dickhead instead of some tragic villain with a noble heart type shit so I liked that, but they fucked up the scale of the conflict and I never really felt like we liberated something substantial. I liked Raubahn getting more background, he's easily the most likeable Ala Mhigan (that line where he's like "Alright old friend, I'll free Ala Mhigo for you" despite Ilberd being a cocksucker till the end was really good)

Somehow despite being mostly about lizardfucks I enjoyed the Azim Steppe parts of the story the most. I actually enjoyed learning lizard lore and taking part in their dumbass tribal customs and shit.

Doma section of the story could have been much better they really fucked with the scale of the conflict doma feels like a tiny castle and a couple houses and there are like 14 domans left.

HW story was better but it took a few patches to properly close shit up so I have high hopes for the future story patches. They atleast nailed the best part of HW which was "ragtag group of unlikely allies go on an adventure together to beat the big bad" which is all I really ask for in a jrpg story.
>>
>>387312775

Doma was great over to soon
No one cared about Ala Mhigo going in and the game gives you no reason to care going out.
Lochs are ugly as fuck end game zone compared to any previous expansions.
Great writing with one exception.
Anything involving Lyse, shes only important because the writers deem it so. Story never gives you much reason to believe shes even competent.
Red Mage is spammy
Samurai requires precognition for optimal dps rotations, most pick a sen and stick with it. Deals decent damage even if you are shit.
Absolutely no midcore content.
1 quest out of 10 in every area now worth doing... An improvement over 0... Game makes it clear which one with a splash image.
It's more of the same. Same roll out as ARR and Heavensward. Only now there will be 1 less dungeon each patch to compensate for wasting time making super savage content no one will play.
>>
>>387316983
>Everyone just thinks the WoL is really strong
>WoL is actually a scrub and that has get carried by other people, and any time they have to fight solo (like against Zenos) they get floored
Sounds about right considering this games average player base
>>
>>387312775
Really been enjoying the game so far, but I'm worried my interest is declining.

Want to get into end game raiding but as per usual the devs are fellating statics and static culture to play the game past a certain point and statics can go straight to hell. Anything past V2S seems like a crapshoot in a pug, either you luck out and get a really good group or you get a typical one and wipe because people don't know how to do their thing.

Hoping that a few more weeks of people getting gear will make V3S and V4S more pug-accessible.
>>
>>387316135
It's probably going to be a mix of Heavensward and Realm Reborn.
>>
>>387317145
SB quest descriptions went to absolute shit in every single way compared to HW, tbqh.
>>
To the Siren-based, jump potion using catgirl DRK crying about heals being terrible in a story-progression Susan, leaving the group only to get dumped back into the same exact group seconds later, talking shit about the "previous" group's heals being bad, and then that same group proceeding to clear Susan with little problems because the drunk SCH finally sobered up and started doing his job-
The WHM who had to deal with your squishy faggot ass says hello. Use your fucking cooldowns on the telegraphed hard hitting shit, not his AA, you fucking Brazilian cumstain.
>>
File: Satasha2.png (150KB, 227x437px) Image search: [Google]
Satasha2.png
150KB, 227x437px
Close to if not at least as good as Heavensward. It'll be much better if 4.1 actually drops in early October.
>>
>>387316971
>Our power level is just inconsistent as fuck.

I think this is just what it comes down to.

The story team doesn't make it clear whether everyone we've fought is stronger than the last or if like in a real life street fight anyone can win since anyone can throw a punch to the jaw that'd knock someone out.
>>
>>387313465

>Samurai is shit

Lol what

It shits out damage
>>
File: water.jpg (16KB, 552x504px) Image search: [Google]
water.jpg
16KB, 552x504px
>>387316983
yeah that Susanoo one was obnoxious as fuck and I'm no

>muh immershuns

guy but it took me out of the story hard

it was seriouusly something like "LOL GOOD THING YOU HAD THE FORESIGHT TO BRING A GROUP OF 7 OR SO OTHER ADVENTURERS WITH YOU TO OTHARD AND ALSO GOOD THING THEY CONVENIENTLY SHOW UP AT A MOMENTS NOTICE WHENEVER YOU GOTTA FIGHT A PRIMAL ;^^)))))"
>>
> Unsubbed around March or April
> Always planned to resub after getting my shit together.

>It's fucking August.

Should I just suck it up and get back in there? What have I missed?
>>
File: 1406390730828.png (269KB, 680x415px) Image search: [Google]
1406390730828.png
269KB, 680x415px
>Maxed the classes I wanted
>Did Savage till O4S even though I was supposed to stop after Creator
>Maxed DoH/DoL
>So much gil I don't need any
>Only weekly tomes left

I peaked again. Its just like 3.1 when I unsubbed. Im pretty much ready to stop playing for a while again.
>>
Best thing about Stormblood is that they don't have a weekly cap on scrips anymore for gather/craft
>>
>>387313465
>Samurai is shit
What an awful opinion.
>>
>>387317858
That shit is mostly just Koji's """localisation""" though
>>
>>387318039
Just as Yoshida planned.
>>
>>387316908
Having a competent group is 99% of the battle.
I had the mechanics for A9-11S down in the first lockout. Did it take me days/weeks to clear them? You fucking betcha. It's basically self-flaggelation trying to PUG anything in this game; the very reason people isolate themselves in statics is because the vast majority are just so god-damned stupid they can't help but sabotage anything they participate in.

I'm not the world's best raider, far from it, but jesus fucking christ. They need to make Stone/Sky/Sea dummies mandatory (or something) to even attempt a raid, because back during Alexander I could raidfinder queue for A10S and A11S complete/completion and it was disgusting how many hours I'd spend wiping to the enrage. If I'm an AST, busting out 800pDPS and doling out 10%AoE Balances constantly 8 weeks into a raid cycle I don't want to see the god damn enrage.
FUCK.
>>
>>387318039
Literally me
After doing all the game had to offer in HW, I stopped playing until a week before Midas release

Actually, I'm glad this tier was so easy, I woulnd't want to raidlog for over 2 months like I had to during gordias
>>
>>387317858
That happens all the time though
"Look WoL, we're captured and in a super dangerous situation, and we can't waste any more time! But just so you know there's an exit door over there in case you need to go do something or gather a party of fellow adventurers to bring back here to help you fight. No rush though."
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-08+at+06.44.49).jpg (8KB, 131x134px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-08+at+06.44.49).jpg
8KB, 131x134px
MSQ was alright, quality was overall better than HW MSQ, though it did feel a bit empty at parts. Doma was better than Ala Mhigo.

Still not sure how to feel about the job changes, some are good but at the same time others were monumentally retarded (E.g. Release MCH, current SMN). Which is a shame, but they're still moderately interesting depending on what you play. BRD is fairly fun and well designed, for example.

Endgame is still brainless, though. Taking a shit is more interesting than O4S.
>>
>30+ minute queue for a MSQ trial as a healer during the afternoon
why do people pretend this game is popular
>>
>>387316172
Try soloing him in ala mhigo. Bet you'll get your ass beat. He loses because canonnically you had 3 other people there to help you.
>>
>>387318559
they need to collapse some of these data centers into each other, they're way too small

Aether and Primal should really just be one huge NA center, primal is a fucking fraction of aether and it could probably absorb primal no problem if they give a little more to the server budget
>>
Doma was good throughout, Ala Mhigo was trash except the obvious highlights.
SAM is fun and has good aesthetics, RDM was kinda disappointing and I was bored with it before I even broke level 60. Doesn't get much better at 70 either.
I don't like most changes to already existing classes.
All new areas look good.
Raid tier is absolutely awful and Savage is a joke. Same with EX Trials, though Susano is pretty fun. I (and everyone else) have high expectations for Shinryu EX.
Can't give my opinion on crafting (lmao) or gathering (haven't gotten to it yet) but since the new areas are pretty comfy I don't see how they could've made it worse.
Rhalgr's dungeon bosses are alright and I hope they keep an increasing crescendo of difficulty with it as base, they still haven't figured out how to make the in-between interesting though (like no dungeon requires use of duty items? Are you fucking serious?)
OST is consistently good and great at times.

Overall a 7.5/10
>>
rate the sb class quest stories
>>
File: 1499469636331.png (800KB, 601x850px) Image search: [Google]
1499469636331.png
800KB, 601x850px
So what's the difference between seekers of the sun and keepers of the moon?
>>
>>387319341
Suns have shorter fangs and slitted pupils, have a normal human skin palette, and canonically are the ones that are supposed to have heterochromia (this was added to other races for 2.0).
Moons have longer fangs, slitted pupuls, a brown/grey/blue skin palette, and canonically are the ones that are supposed to have multicoloured tails (also given to Suncats in 2.0).
>>
>>387318963
The problem is that they fucked up super hard letting things get as out of hand as they did with things like balmung or gilgames. Every server that's even a medium population just feels desolate by comparison and they've only recently even started to address this by closing transfers to overpopulated servers and incentivizing lower realms. Its a start but I fear they waited too long for it to be effective
>>
Why do people here hate the idea of statics? I thought the whole point of an MMO was making friends.
>>
>>387319341
Suncat = Cat eyes.
Mooncat = Vampire fangs.

Also because there's a huge imbalance in cat male::female ratio, they apparently have different systems of enslaving males for breeding purposes.
>>
>>387319341
Suncats form tribes around 1 or 2 breeding males
Mooncats form small family communities were the males are expected to fuck off after a while
>>
>>387319695
Because there's literally no way to find these people without knowing at least one of them IRL. Which defeats the purpose of MMOs to begin with.
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (77KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
77KB, 1280x720px
>>387319213
drg
>shit until right at the end. tf was the point of the random MNK questline cameo? also that last duty was gliltched or something week 1 I hope they fixed it

DRK
>good throughout with 2 VERY strong peaks at the middle and end. Contender for best job questline along with the 30-50 DRK ones.Sidurgu feels like a battle brother in a clan where you're the last two surviving members in the world and its comfy bantsing with him and the girl.

AST
>not super fun from a gameplay perspective (what healer job quests are though?) but really interesting from a lore perspective since we learn about eastern Geomancy (effectively removing the chance of geomancer being a playable job). The kugane kid with the fuccboi haircut was a good character.

That's all I played so far, moving onto RDM next I hope the catboi justicelad is as cool as he intially seems.
>>
File: 1498852217682.png (2MB, 1920x1057px) Image search: [Google]
1498852217682.png
2MB, 1920x1057px
>>387312775

They need to release the fucking relic grinds already.
>>
>>387319794
Go check your PF you fucking sperg. I've never spoken to any static member face to face in three years.
>>
why did warrior lose bloodbath
>>
>>387319794
I don't know any of the people in my static irl and we do things just fine.
>>
Same old dull gear carrot on a stick with months and months between new carrots.
>>
>>387319213
WAR FINALLY became good.
>>
>>387319695
That's what FCs are for
>>
>>387319213
SAM
50-60 Fucking amazing
60-70 Fucking awful
>>
>>387316826
>>387319864
Why is his hair so perfect?
>>
i play pld and just pull everything and am able to do ok regardless of any healer

will i be able to do the same with drk and war?
>>
>>387319341
Sun cats prefer oral, Moon cats prefer anal
>>
File: pimpin like Geralt.jpg (114KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
pimpin like Geralt.jpg
114KB, 1024x576px
>>387319341
One has cat-eyes. The other doesn't.
>not wanting sexy cat-eyes
>>
>>387315767

>rambles incoherently about why innocent abused inexperienced farmer children aren't fighting against experienced coordinated killer soldiers armed with death machine robots for 60 hours
>gets given job offer to lead a revolution because she's "seen some shit" according to Conrad
>it ends up being 1000% YOU that ends up doing all the work as usual
>she steals your glory and walks off the hero of the revolution

Lyse is the worst.
>>
>>387319695
>Why do people here hate the idea of statics?

I don't want to have an obligation to my videogames

what if I really don't want to play on raid night?
>>
File: 1501599563876.jpg (19KB, 264x246px) Image search: [Google]
1501599563876.jpg
19KB, 264x246px
>>387319695
>I thought the whole point of an MMO was making friends.
>>
File: ss (2017-08-11 at 07.48.36).png (15KB, 401x112px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2017-08-11 at 07.48.36).png
15KB, 401x112px
>>387319213
PLD was hype.
SCH was mostly boring, but I like it for pic related.
>>
File: 6544553622.png (3KB, 520x24px) Image search: [Google]
6544553622.png
3KB, 520x24px
>FC of 5 players who does savage
>Always have to pug for 3 other players (2 DPS 1 healer)
>Keep getting cunts who just want to do O1S or O2S or worst want to get carried though O3S
>After like 1 or 2 hours we finally get them
>The DPS is fucking awful
>We reach O3S and get to enrage because the DRG killed our tank on library
>We wipe again because the DRG killed our BLM on library again
>Cunt act as if it wasn't his fault and get upset that we blame him
>Our tank fuck up once or twice
>Awful DRG says something "Mhm oh yeah great play there!"
>We kick him
>Check his DPS on ACT (I don't use overlay anymore since it eat up like 20 FPS off my game for some reason)
>Mfw I have no face

Why are DRGs always the fucking worst?
>>
>>387320436
>cunt
Ausfag?
Need a healer?
>>
>>387320002

>SAM 50-60 Fucking amazing
>"excuse me sir, are you evil?"
>"why yes, yes i am."
>NOTHINGPERSONALKID
>"well that sure was fun!"
>HAHA RACIST IGNORANT JOKE

Musosai was a shit mentor/wannabe Batman and his story was laughably bad.
>>
>bust your ass in content
>some autist does 30% more damage than you by honing perfect asian inputs
>you now have a blue parse and nobody wants you within a mile
>groups that don't care about that stuff also don't care about doing mechanics right, no middle ground

No wonder average players feel so disenfranchised
>>
>>387320153
I wish i could get both the eyes and the fangs.
>>
File: 54801290_p1.jpg (117KB, 600x1012px) Image search: [Google]
54801290_p1.jpg
117KB, 600x1012px
>only midcore content in the game is O3S
>only hardcore content in the game is O4S
>everything else is casual trash
>next patch is the casual patch
>only reason to continue playing after beating O4S once is dressing up cats and lizards in shisui glamor
>>
>>387320497
Nah, I just like to use that word to describe horrible people in general.
>>
File: ffxiv_25062017_175916.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_25062017_175916.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>387319213
MCH
>Cops and Robbers
>Smug Hilda

Was worth only to see Hilda be smug
>>
>>387319695
>convince a clique of 7 other people that you are worthy of breathing the same air as them
>if you pass this first barrier, you get invited to a trial where they judge if you are worthy of continuing to breathe their air
>if you do not parse 90+ percentile, goodbye you can't play with us
>if you put on the performance of a lifetime and play absolutely flawlessly, you are allowed into the static
>from this point on there are rules in play
>you will never miss a raid, you will come prepared with consumables and fight knowledge (the only sensible part of a static tbqh)
>if at any point you make a mistake, mechanical or rotation wise, you are out of the static good bye see you
>if at any point you have a parse below 90, good bye find another static
>if you at any point can't make it too a raid, thanks for playing go find another static
>but steve from the static's wife had to work late so they both couldn't make it, why don't they get reprimanded?
>they have seniority fuck you shitter
>what about that black mage that's a gray parser?
>he brings important intangibles that are crucial to the success of the static, fuck you

I think a static could work if it was just a group of 8 people that shared a common interest and respected each other. I've just never ever seen anything close to that, it always feels like I'm the new guy trying to fit in with some clique. I hate the idea of always feeling like there's a gun pointed to my head ready to fire at the smallest slip up, its just too much pressure when I'm trying to learn a fight and optimize my performance to have that weighing on me as well.
>>
>>387319712
>>387319713
>you will never be enslaved and gangraped by qt catgirls 18 hours a day
J U S T
U
S
T
>>
>>387320436
What server and who are you lacking.
>>
File: hai gaiz.jpg (580KB, 1921x1058px) Image search: [Google]
hai gaiz.jpg
580KB, 1921x1058px
Nero's shit-eating grin is a work of art.
>>
>Reinstall the game because there is an event going on
>Need to be level 30 to do the event
>I am level 20
I'll try the game again some other time I guess.
>>
>>387320930
I joined a static recently. It was literally just "don't be a dick and don't be a shit".
>>
>>387320743
O3S is unironically harder than O4S.
t. cleared O4S on the exact same day the second reset happened.
>>
>>387320998
Primal and 2 DPS/1 heal
>>
>>387321481
Nah, O4S is harder because of the randomness of Exdeath' blackholes.
Fuck, I wanna see Neo Exdeath already...
>>
>>387321684
Not really. Neo is pretty much a joke to everyone but healers.
>>
Lyse is CUTE
>>
>>387321684
Hali's randomness comes halfway through her fight. Nothing like losing both of your healers because she decides to hop to the polar opposite side for her Protean Wave bullshit.
>>
>>387312775
I liked it. Managed to squeeze out 200 hours from it. Currently unsubbed waiting for more content. Right now I'm playing FF12 zodiac age.
>>
>>387318039
But that's what you want to do, get everything out of the way so then you have free time for other games etc.

I enjoy leveling aspect the most.
>>
>want to try getting into V3S
>all the learning parties are gone because its not week 1-2 anymore
>every party is "V3S: know up tol X"
>X is never 1 second into the fight
>the game's only decent guide-maker still hasn't made a V3S guide
>>
File: lyse9.jpg (339KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
lyse9.jpg
339KB, 1920x1080px
>>387321846
>>
>>387320519
Shit tastes.
Musosai being a wannabe batman was the whole reason why it's good. It's like a wacky 80s anime.
>>
>>387318963
Rather have two data centers for NA, one east and west coast.

What the fuck is with Japan needing 3 and all of Europe only having 1.
>>
File: balmung au ra.jpg (206KB, 631x1003px) Image search: [Google]
balmung au ra.jpg
206KB, 631x1003px
>>387321979
> polar opposite side
>not just pulling her back to mid after each jump
>>
>>387320158
is she the Trahearne of FFXIV?

I can't believe how much I dislike her now.
>>
>>387322129
>Europe only having 1.
I wish krauts and frogs got their own super special datacenter where the rest of EU wouldn't have to deal with them.
>>
>>387319695
I don't have the time to commit to raiding at specific times, which is why raiding v1s to v4s each week in PF is nice and you meet more people in the game that way instead of just the same 7 you do all content with and don't socialise with anyone else.
>>
>>387322129
Japan subscribes more often and more consistently.
>>
>>387321979
This >>387322139
What the fuck is your tank doing?
>>
>>387322139
We maximize DPS under the pretense that "we've cleared it four times already we can handle anything", even though we wipe at least once on each fight.

At least we have a sense of humor about it.
>>
>>387322159
no that's alphinaud
>>
File: 071249317891_T1.jpg (41KB, 298x640px) Image search: [Google]
071249317891_T1.jpg
41KB, 298x640px
>>387320013
>>
>>387322129
Europe has the least amount of players compared to Japan and America. Japan has 3 datacenters because it's easier to rent servers when your company is based there. Getting a datacenter in America as a foreign company is a long waiting process, it's all about location and availability. It's not like they can just wave $100k in front of a hosts face and expect to have it setup in 1 day.
>>
>>387320158
>help her liberate the toilet of the world that is ala mhigo (aka do it all)
>she leaves the scions to lead them after SB story
fucking bullshit tbqh. The one good thing she had going for her is that she was really nice to look at and wore revealing outfits. Now we don't even get that.
>>
>each patch has rhalgr's reach upgraded instead of ala mhigan quarter or doma

My only hope is they knock down Rhalgr's statue and replace with Rowena.
>>
>>387322338
>Getting a datacenter in America as a foreign company is a long waiting process, it's all about location and availability. It's not like they can just wave $100k in front of a hosts face and expect to have it setup in 1 day.

SE has affiliates in US and Europe though
They're not some kind of small indie company
>>
>>387320158
Anyone got the "i liberated this" comic thing with lyse and the wol?
>>
>>387320213

then don't, its not hard to pick up a replacement for this night, is it?

>>387322338

what decade are you posting from?
>>
File: 1474639505558.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1474639505558.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
>tfw 2 more months of no content
>>
File: Ala Mhigo Quarter.jpg (554KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Ala Mhigo Quarter.jpg
554KB, 1920x1080px
>>387322428
>ala mhigan quarter
I'd just like to point out that after 20 years of occupation of oppressive Garlean control, the worst section of Ala Mhigo looks better than any of the other city states in Eorzea.
>>
>3 more months of Omega 1-4
>>
File: noclip3 playtime.jpg (174KB, 630x1088px) Image search: [Google]
noclip3 playtime.jpg
174KB, 630x1088px
>>387322558
>>
>>387312775
I've already unsubbed I'll be back for 4.5 when there's enough to do to justify a subscription
>>
File: 1498593723257.jpg (223KB, 1062x1138px) Image search: [Google]
1498593723257.jpg
223KB, 1062x1138px
>>387322575
>3
>>
Is there any way to change nameday?
>>
File: lyse.png (357KB, 680x1483px) Image search: [Google]
lyse.png
357KB, 680x1483px
>>387322478
i gotchu
>>
>>387322456
SE's American office is based in Montreal. Any development of ffxiv goes through Japan branch executives and producers. Any major development such as moving or changing datacenters requires Yoshida and his crew to travel and handle business. This stuff doesn't happen overnight. It's a long process between translations, traveling overseas and getting the necessary paperwork, Yoshida still fufilling his job as director as well as producer, and other setbacks.
>>
File: 1242526941306.jpg (69KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
1242526941306.jpg
69KB, 554x439px
>>387322636

Sounds sensible to me.
>>
>>387322923
You get a chance to during fantasia
>>
File: 1.0 sluts.jpg (273KB, 2096x817px) Image search: [Google]
1.0 sluts.jpg
273KB, 2096x817px
I want to live in Hydaelin so I could get all the cat cunny I want
>>
>>387322274
>confirmed for only playing ARR

Alphy has been a bro since HW you fag
>>
>>387323003
Cats wouldn't fuck you anyways. Your best bet is raping a potato though they will probably beat you up also
>>
>>387323064
>tfw you realize a potato could have the same strength and power as a roe, all packed into that tiny little body
>>
What did people used to do in WoW when they had all content on farm and they still have weeks left on their sub?
>>
>>387322970
>Yoshida still fufilling his job as director as well as producer, and other setbacks.
I still don't understand how is that ok?
He's probably banking in money because of that but holy shit the crazy amount of work he must have to do....
>>
>>387323154
I heard he sleeps like 2-3 hours each night, max
>>
>>387323245
Absolute madman
>>
>>387323134
Vanilla/BC WoW raids were hard to get into and hard to clear so most of the people didn't experience them by the end of the patches. By WotLK you could spend entire patches just catching up to past content like rep grind/achievements/mount grind etc
>>
>>387323003
>You will never be the WoL on Hydaelyn and trade sexual favors for saving the world.
>You will never bend Tataru over her desk and show her your Gae Bolg
>You will never make Nanamo scream your name all night long
>You will never seer your seed and over the seed seers face.
>>
File: Satasha.png (1MB, 970x896px) Image search: [Google]
Satasha.png
1MB, 970x896px
>>387323003
I want my own clowder rape slaves.
>>
>>387323154
There's a reason why he smokes a lot and looks old for his age. Stress.

He mentioned that one day he wants to be a director full time, but he can't leave his position as producer because he hasn't found a suitable replacement. It must be really tough too since Yoshida is basically the face of the game. If Yoshida stops being producer then you won't see him much in live letters.
>>
>>387323245
Most of the top tier people in the world rarely sleepy. It's literally 1/3rd of your life being wasted.
>>
>>387323578
We don't deserve him
>>
File: Punished Naoki.jpg (171KB, 550x584px) Image search: [Google]
Punished Naoki.jpg
171KB, 550x584px
>>387322982

oh bitch please it's just an excuse for not making new, fresh content. All he wants to do (or is told to) is to repeat the same cycle since 2.X, it's safe and it steadily brings in money for SE.

He shouldn't be surprised when people don't re-sub one day because they realise that one monthly sub is not fucking worth the lukewarm story and trials he tries to masquerade as "raids" and the same shit over and over again. There are no surprises or excitements in this game when it comes to updates. It's like an office job.
>>
>>387323578
Yoshi-P looks his age though. Looks like a normal 44 year old
>>
>>387323429
Vanilla raids were really easy to get into. The only problem was when you got to Naxx. That was a huge gear wall.

T4 was easily puggable in BC, T5 and T6 were the difficult ones that needed a guild and voice chat.
>>
>>387323578

Don't a lot of Japanese smoke? Doesn't seem something out of the ordinary.
>>
>>387323670
It's hard to make fresh new content when you're given a shoestring budget with profits solely funding expensive failures like FFXV rather than your own.
>>
>>387323681
Have you seen him recently? Depending on the lighting he looks like he's in his 50s. Those fucking wrinkles on his face.
>>
File: 825full-ryoko-hirosue.jpg (401KB, 825x1200px) Image search: [Google]
825full-ryoko-hirosue.jpg
401KB, 825x1200px
tfw SCHfags are submitting to WHM.
>>
>>387323578
Yoshida has been talking up this idea for a while now. He even talked up possibly leaving XIV as a core member and working on other games. He's also bringing to stage and live letters and other shit a lot of other core members of his team. He's testing them out as possibly the new face of XIV. It's going to happen eventually as Yoshida is just too talented. And SE has a problem that Yoshida's existence explicitly reveals. They don't have enough talent. They don't rear their younger developers well enough and make them suitable to take on bigger projects. Currently, SE Japan lacks people of Yoshida's caliber or even near him. His main job aside from running SE Tokyo's MMO division is finding talent in his ranks and moving them up to take on projects and leads of their own.
>>
>>387323801
post pic
>>
>>387323739
Smoking is common worldwide. But people tend to smoke more when stressed out. Japanese business men are stressed all the time. Hard work, barely any sleep, and imagine Yoshida a guy that has to do two jobs at once and everyone worldwide judges him.
>>
>EVERY DPS PARTY FINDER LOCKS IT SO NO ONE ELSE CAN LOOT THEIR SHIT

When you try to explain to them that you can't be selfish and tank/healer always have to loot against someone they say "it's not the same, they know they have to."
>>
File: yoshida_1month.png (914KB, 1275x709px) Image search: [Google]
yoshida_1month.png
914KB, 1275x709px
Make no mistake the work on XIV made him age like a POTUS
>>
File: 1481741020747.jpg (1022KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1481741020747.jpg
1022KB, 3840x2160px
>>387323804
>tfw WHM think they're in any position to bully others
>>
>>387323739
Tobacco is still big in Japan. It's moving away from it, but they're like 1980s America still.
>>
File: Executive.jpg (344KB, 1036x2682px) Image search: [Google]
Executive.jpg
344KB, 1036x2682px
>>387323967
SE CEO when?
>>
>>387322559
too much one colour.
>>
System wise it's same old same old there is something that has gotten worse though. Way worse.
The world design. Stormblood area look worse than both rhe base game and heavensward let me explain. The texture work is poorly thought out, where a wall meets the dirty ground it clashes ugly. There is flat surfaces you can't land on everywhere, in HW if it was flat chances are you could land on it.
This is unacceptable.
The rain effect is different and looks low resolution, you can check this out. Compare the rain weather in idyllshire and kugane or the lochs.
I never disliked a music track in this game before this expansion but the peaks daytime, lochs daytime are ear wrenching after prolonged listening so is the later portion of the yanxia theme.
I don't know what happened in the team but they got majorly lazy and amateurish with this expansion.
I kept talking with the character between main quests, every single time i could but they never had anything interesting to say where in HW you had fun side stoeies going on with alphy gahtering wood, iceheart getting moe for the moogles and such tidbits, nothing of that sort this time around. Something went wrong.
>>
File: JUST.jpg (145KB, 566x576px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.jpg
145KB, 566x576px
>>387323967

he just wants to take vacation and work on comfy handheld games

i just hope his replacement is not an introverted, shut-in who never talks or interacts with fans
>>
remove soken
>>
File: beatrice.png (174KB, 427x645px) Image search: [Google]
beatrice.png
174KB, 427x645px
>>387324425
>>
File: 1480855194780.png (130KB, 553x272px) Image search: [Google]
1480855194780.png
130KB, 553x272px
>>387324453
and replace with whom?
>>
>>387324425
for what reason, give a good one or you're eternally a fag

https://youtu.be/iR3yMqpaCrU
>>
File: 1449339504210.jpg (17KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1449339504210.jpg
17KB, 251x242px
>>387323876
>Yoshida is just too talented
>>
>>387324578
t. Praise Tanaka
>>
File: 7.jpg (12KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
7.jpg
12KB, 480x358px
>>387324425
Remove yourself
>>
>>387324531
Yanxia Day.
>>
File: 1496888504236.jpg (7KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1496888504236.jpg
7KB, 320x320px
>>387324596
>>
>>387324578
He's definitely a talented manager though
>>
File: 1500028321459.jpg (292KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1500028321459.jpg
292KB, 2560x1440px
Its weird. I play Stormblood and I'm like "Yup, this is the best thing MMOs have pushed out in recent years."

... but all it makes me do is crave WoW. EVEN THOUGH I'm perfectly aware its worse in its current state.

I hate myself.
>>
File: aging.jpg (143KB, 934x640px) Image search: [Google]
aging.jpg
143KB, 934x640px
>>387323891
>>387323967
other comparison
>>
>he didn't watch state of the realm with /OUR GUY/ Larry

What's your excuse?
>>
>>387324425
Remove Soken and replace with Double Soken
>>
>>387324706
J U S T
>>
Game is more casualized than ever which is great because I've got a busy schedule nowadays. Its better than HW and not as good as ARR. It's an okay expansion.
>>
>>387324706
Looks like a normal 44 year old
>>
FFXIV is the MMO for people who have never played one and those retired MMO vets.
>>
>>387324695
Well ff14 is a WoWclone so that's probably why.
>>
>>387324531
not him but it sounds like it would fit an African theme more

when I imagine Mongolia/Central Asia those sounds don't come to mind.
>>
>>387324630
I understand why a lot of folks dislike it. but being asian, i find it super comfy and reminds me of my childhood.
>>
>>387324710

who in the fuck is Larry and why should I care?
>>
>>387324531
shame about the actual zone
>>
>>387324578
Compared to the other people working at Square he's a fucking god.
He made an MMO while running another one in two years.
Meanwhile you have Nomura who takes 10 years to make a game and Tabata who thinks combat should only be designated to one button that you hold.
>>
>>387324695
FFXIV does the opposite for me, it makes me even more disgusted at WoW. How a company like Blizzard puts less effort in their game yet has 10x the budget and staff available.
>>
>>387324897

Your childhood was like early Jackie Chan/HongKong martial arts films?
>>
>>387323951
Not doubling up on classes is how a static would do it. And youre foolish if youre joining a pf where you'd have unnecessary competition on loot that has a weekly lockout on it.
>>
>>387324706
Well, it's been almost 7 years since he took over. He went from mid 30s to early 40s.
>>
>>387324735
Soken necked himself once i don't think he'll be going for another one. Our hope lies in cocain overdose.
>>
File: yoshidaging.jpg (206KB, 1000x635px) Image search: [Google]
yoshidaging.jpg
206KB, 1000x635px
>>387324706
>>387323967
>>
>>387324984
Nope, mom worked at an antique/furnishing shop, this type of music would play often if not 80's american/asian pop music.
>>
>>387325221

sounds comfy indeed
>>
>>387325195
kek
>>
File: 1497531788829.jpg (47KB, 488x698px) Image search: [Google]
1497531788829.jpg
47KB, 488x698px
>>387324695
>putting gameplay over visuals so you can have clutch stuns and interrupts instead of forcing you to memorize boss rotations and stop all actions 5 seconds before you need to stun something and then press the stun 1 second before the boss even starts using it
>dungeons that at least sometimes pretend to not be hallway simulators with doors blocking you from pulling more than the regulated 3 packs and conveniently placed circles for bosses
>raids that you actually explore and progress through instead of circles and squares you're teleported into
>seamless overworld

Even though wow does plenty of shit wrong (titanforging a shit) they still do a lot right.
>>
>>387325036
the picture on the left was when he was 42 during A Realm Reborn. he's 44 now.
>>
>>387325221
The start is nice but it ends incredibly high pitched
>>
>>387325285
That doesn't make much sense. Arguably, the most difficult time of Yoshida's XIV tenure was from 2010 to 2015, during ARR. Post HW through SB is when he and his team started taking it easy.
>>
>>387325275
I will never comprehend how people are comfortable with being ugly. Ugliness is something you try to get rid off, to cure not striving to achieve it.
>>
>>387324710
>larry is still stuck in v3
>the nigger is still stuck in v4 at meteors

why are these pillars of the community so shit?
>>
>>387325275
S E R V E R
L I M I T A T I O N S
>>
>>387325275
>Set bonuses that exist
>movement abilities that don't feel like shit
>items that actually feel like upgrades (though I hear this isn't so great currently)
I played WoW at Legion launch for a little bit after not having played since WOTLK and my only actual complaint was that enemy effects (ground markers that you can dodge and shit) felt a little unclear.
>>
>>387325532
Pilars of jack shit. Who are these people ?
>>
>>387325275
WoW and FFXIV may as well not have overworlds because they're dead as fuck after the questing rush is over. At the end of the day, people just AFK in towns like lobbies. So why not just focus on making actual content instead of useless overworlds? PSO and Vindictus has the right idea.
>>
File: 64456067_p0.jpg (617KB, 1000x768px) Image search: [Google]
64456067_p0.jpg
617KB, 1000x768px
>>
File: sakurai vampire.png (384KB, 1023x224px) Image search: [Google]
sakurai vampire.png
384KB, 1023x224px
>>387323681
he's aged fast in japanese years
>>
File: stop feeling.jpg (206KB, 659x665px) Image search: [Google]
stop feeling.jpg
206KB, 659x665px
>>387325725
>>
>>387325754
>Sakurai somehow looked older at 23 than he his now 44+
What the fuck?
>>
>>387325725
The kittens not wearing bikinis made the entire situation POINTLESS
>>
>>387325275
>blacking out the name as if I have moonrune keys installed to even search this guy up
>>
>>387325754
sakurai is a special case, his genes allow him to get younger as he ages.

but watch as soon as he turns 60 then seniority is going to hit him like a truck. it's already starting to happen with his frequent hand pains.
>>
>>387325754
>boyish looks
>voice like a badass yakuza boss

i wasn't prepared
>>
I dont know what it is, its shit
>>
>>387325893

exactly, it's to prevent perverts like you to sexualise them
>>
>>387325680
Blizzard are still not very good at visual presentation of mechanics, but considering upgrades, it seems current "good" dps levels are x4-5 times of what were at start of legion (exept fights relevant for that ilvl last about same time)
>>
>>387325275
>raids that you actually explore
gets old after the first time and everyone just wants to rush through it to get to the boss.

ffxiv skips the padding bullshit and trash mobs and just places you infront of the boss.
>>
Post the character from Heavensward that made every scene in Stormblood.

Hint: He's a dragoon
>>
>>387326135
haurchefant
>>
>>387326135
The one with title of Azure Dragoon. Warrior of Light.
>>
What's the point of job quests in SB?
They seem to unlock nothing as of 64. All my spells unlock from levels and my gear from quests.
>>
So we can all agree on /v/ that Aether and Chaos are full of the worst mental case people and Primal is the only decent American datacenter right?
>>
>>387326302
They give you your 70 skill and your artifact 3 armor/weapon
>>
>>387318229
Is it?.
Because is really fucking annoying.
>>
What the FUCK are Poetic tombstones used for now?
>>
>>387326302
you get story, cutscenes, and a boat load of EXP.
at the level 70 job quest, you get your final skill and your job armor.
>>
>>387325893
>>
>>387326403

buying gear for your lvl 50/60 jobs
>>
>>387326341

speaking of, i played rushed through all of HW last week or so and never came across job armor there. does it all come from Hunts currency? i've never even done one of those.
>>
>>387326403
Buying lvl 50/60 gear for your retainers.
>>
>>387326513
you used to get the heavensward job armor from tome currency but they changed it to centurio seals from hunts.
>>
>>387326513
Yup you get them from the npc at the forgotten knight bar.

they're not that good anymore, but get them for glamour purposes. as for hunts, they're easy, get your dailies from the board outside and if anyone shouts for hunt mobs in your zone or somehwere you can quickly get to, try and join up.

The weekly targets gives you 100 seals
>>
File: FFXIV retainer molested.jpg (215KB, 660x740px) Image search: [Google]
FFXIV retainer molested.jpg
215KB, 660x740px
>>
>>387326513
Which job did you finish it with?
I think SAMs and RDMs don't get any gear with their lvl 60 job quests, but others do.
>>
Stopped playing after a while because there's still Jackshit to do unless do savage raids.
Might come back and sub only and only because of the moonfaire event outfit
>>
>>387326789
Time freeze is a poorly utilized fetish.
>>
>>387326031
>>387326493
FUCK you both. I'm the got dang warrior of light, I've done so much for this world and all I ask in return is some loli tiddies and booties in bikinis
>>
File: ffxiv_08142017_114123.jpg (535KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_08142017_114123.jpg
535KB, 1920x1080px
It's got a point.
>>
>>387326189
That's a regular man. Talking about a dragoon-man
>>
>>387326513
I thought lv 60 job armor is given at the lvel 60 quest now.
>>
File: xer.jpg (723KB, 607x1831px) Image search: [Google]
xer.jpg
723KB, 607x1831px
>Female Au Ra is a tranny
everytime
>>
File: khloe.png (35KB, 98x188px) Image search: [Google]
khloe.png
35KB, 98x188px
>>387326928
>hfw you're strung up in Idyllshire by Mountain Dew and her Gobbies
>>
>>387326928
You'll wait until they're 16 just like local Eorzean law dictates.
>>
>>387326861
Nothing to do with time freeze, it's just a retainer.
>>
File: best girl.png (2MB, 1766x994px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.png
2MB, 1766x994px
>tfw everyone has forgotten WoL's canon love interest
>>
>>387327009
>Lesbian trans woman
So he's straight?
>>
File: 5ae12db04a.jpg (145KB, 1205x677px) Image search: [Google]
5ae12db04a.jpg
145KB, 1205x677px
>>387327091
I miss you
>>
>>387326708
>>387326723

right. the Welkin set for AST, for example, i'd probably get just for glam.

>>387326820
>>387326987

oh yeah i went through with RDM, and you do get a budget "Red" set at some point, actually. but its not like the true Artifact armor i don't think.
>>
>wanna finish hw relic
>get to light phase
>run 4 hw dungeons
>do a1s 5 times
>still cant finish first rune

are you kidding me with this shit?
>>
>>387327161
he cut off his dick and wears a skirt, but still dates women.
>>
File: ffxiv_08132017_164349.png (268KB, 368x562px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_08132017_164349.png
268KB, 368x562px
>>387327091
>>
File: 1474628019234.jpg (216KB, 563x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1474628019234.jpg
216KB, 563x1000px
>>387327009
>designer at GW2
>plays FF14

Also
>lives in NA
>plays on fucking phoenix

Fucking trannies man
>>
>>387327079
I'm not saying I'm gonna fug the loli booties, I just want to be like those Lalafell during the faire questline and spy on frolicking bikini clad kittens through a telescope.
>>
File: goth loli.jpg (129KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
goth loli.jpg
129KB, 800x1200px
>>387326928

Enjoy

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2277400
>>
>>387312775
Better than Heavensward but the formula is more of the same like IGN review summed up. People that like the formula will love it, people who expected the game to turn into a sandbox innovative MMO will be massively disappointed.
>>
File: 05E844E2D.jpg (160KB, 704x1575px) Image search: [Google]
05E844E2D.jpg
160KB, 704x1575px
>50 frontline victories after 134 matches
>The ADS mount is at least 400 matches away
>134 hours awaits me of more PvP
>>
MCH main from HW finally starting to play it on SB. How am I supposed to play after the job changes? Am I still lining CDs for Wildfire? When should I overheat this piece of shit?
>>
*female lalafell laugh*
>>
>>387327576
Thank you!
Finally some reward for my hard work.
>>
Lame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNRq1J91ybo&feature=youtu.be
>>
File: 1501572868504.jpg (313KB, 800x742px) Image search: [Google]
1501572868504.jpg
313KB, 800x742px
>>387327721

>/surprise
>/cheer
>>
File: 18222888361.jpg (38KB, 727x480px) Image search: [Google]
18222888361.jpg
38KB, 727x480px
>>387327778
There's always one
>>
>>387327721
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRFEf4oPQmk
>>
>>387327576
Too flat.
>>
File: WE WUZ.jpg (113KB, 462x583px) Image search: [Google]
WE WUZ.jpg
113KB, 462x583px
>>387327838
>>
>>387327838
I'm just saying it's lazy majority are from XI.
>>
>>387327778
This honestly does not bother me. If there are some good/iconic designs then I don't mind a game bringing them over. It's FF its pretty common.

That said, I miss 1.0's textures so much, I just wish we had that again for not only our characters, but the mobs as well.
>>
>>387327778

but every time i see an FFXI model it lifts my spirits... until i fight it and its the same as every mob in the game; do your rotation and maybe walk out of the orange cone if you care enough.
>>
File: the BLUs fear the SAM.jpg (29KB, 300x199px) Image search: [Google]
the BLUs fear the SAM.jpg
29KB, 300x199px
>>387327930

literally cancer incarnate
>>
>>387328062
Lalafells are the reasons are character does fuck all in cutscenes.
>>
Is SAM any good?
>>
>>387328031
Meh, most enemies are recurring in FF. I consider it more a nod to the previous MMO
>>
>>387320002
Both are terrible.
The only good thing is that a lalafell died.
>>
>>387328080
That's because XIV mobs outside of bosses lack all the XI versions skills outside of maybe 1 or 2.
>>
>>387328184
I'm not talking about recurring monsters, as Goblins have been in many games. What you seem to be blind to is it's the exact same model/skeleton
>>
>>387327721
No joke though, I don't female Lalafell to be fucking adorable when they aren't bring meme machines. When they are just bubbly cuties with sweet smiles like Tataru, they get my korokoro dokidoki
>>
>>387327679
what is the context of this picture
>>
>>387328031
It wouldn't be a FF game without references to previous FF games. At least they managed to put effort into redoing some of the models. Compare the Goobbue in XI to the Goobbue in XIV. The XI Goobbue doesn't have moving expressions and has lower quality textures.
>>
>>387328123
I know, that really bugs the shit out of me (though I confess I play a lalafell, it's because I remade my XI taru and he holds a special place in my heart being my first major mmo).
>>
>>387328176

*SWASHSWISH KERRCHINNGGGGKKRRSSHHH* i think that* SWWOSHFOCHHAMMMSWASH SHWISH* its alright, probably *SWASHSWASHWATTASHH YooooOOOOOOO* more interesting and "modern feeling" than most other melee playstyles.
>>
>>387327262
Nope. Enjoy your content.
>>
>do o1s
>drg and healer things drop
>drg did 1.9k dps
>healers dps comes from assize and aero
I'm glad the shitter sensor works as intended and combats the extreme dps disparity.
>>
>>387328123
1.0 cutscenes had your lalafell character doing shit. They just stopped doing mo-cap for ARR because budget and time.
>>
>>387328202

well more than that, i'm just bemoaning the whole system a bit; elements, debuffs that matter, buffs that matter, different linking/aggro rules, high power/danger level, etc.

but hey i still play FF14, i can deal with it obviously.
>>
>>387328620
I'm glad elemental resistances don't exist in FFXIV because then it would turn into a wankfest where people would refuse to bring jobs for FATEs or bosses because "lmao enemy is strong against fire dont bring any blm"
>>
>>387328520
I could understand leaving it out for ARR, but they've had two expansions now, come the fuck on.
>>
>>387327262
relic weapons are supposed to take months to finish, poopsockers want a grind and they got one.

if you really want to speedrun through it, look up when lights are at their most effective.
>>
>>387328779

the whole system and every individual part is related in design though, you can't really compare like that. IE if elements mattered then BLM probably wouldn't be designed around doing damage with Fire only.

unless they were really dumb. like some vanilla WoW-tier designers.
>>
>>387328887
would you be okay with mo-capped cutscenes that people skip anyways if that means delaying patches even further (extra month or maybe two depending on setbacks)
>>
File: 1501593889242.jpg (401KB, 885x969px) Image search: [Google]
1501593889242.jpg
401KB, 885x969px
>>387328887
No, all profits must be pumped into KH3, FFVII:Re and FFXV DLC.
Then when those games are released, all profits will be invested into making FFXVI (directed by Yoko Taro), FFXVII (directed by Yoshida) and FFXVIII:Online (directed by Koji Fox)
>>
>>387329075

thats a damn cute lizard.
>>
File: blm yes.png (7KB, 124x149px) Image search: [Google]
blm yes.png
7KB, 124x149px
BLM is in the best place it's ever been. Only thing that would make it better is if they gave us manawall back.
>>
Japanese insiders say that 4.1 will drop in mid September.
>>
>>387312775
STORM OF BLOOD
BORN OF BLOOD
FOR OUR FALLEN BROTHERS
>>
>>387329268
is this also when shirogane opens up?

i've been sitting on this 43mil for a while now and I'm anxious to try and get myself my first home after playing since 1.0
>>
>>387329346
shirogane is sometime in 4.1, not at launch of 4.1. so could be in october or november.
>>
Should I main RDM or BLM
>>
>>387329423
BLM of course, RDM is pretty boring.
>>
>>387329405
got damn it, well thanks anyway, will keep saving up
>>
>>387329423
why not both? they share the same gear.
>>
>>387329456
>RDM
>Boring
Maybe you're just upset that RDM is leagues better and offers utility that BLM doesn't.
>>
how much should i be Unleashing, just a lot? also do i start pulls with Grit then turn it off when there is less mobs?
>>
>>387329669
RDM is like the DRG of casters, they're damage is fine but they're incredibly boring to play. The skill ceiling is incredibly low and messing up doesn't punish you as much.
>>
Nothing. Hit a point in ARR where I need to grind out three levels to proceed through the story and I just really haven't felt like it.
>>
>>387329740
If you're pulling a ton of mobs, may as well leave grit on and spam unleashed abyssal drains with some quietus in between. if there's only a few enemies or a boss, then just open with a aggro combo infused with dark arts then drop to increase your dps output.
>>
>>387329864
How? The game shits XP at you at those levels now
>>
>>387329268
That'd be nice.
>>
>>387329740
Always pull in Grit, the first seconds of engagement are where enmity most matters. Turn off Grit when you aren't taking heavy damage, already have established aggro, and aren't expecting huge damage spikes anytime soon.

As for unleashing, 2 unleashes in Grit is enough for big pulls.
>>
>>387329974
It really doesn't. You hit a wall around level 40, and there's one point specifically where you have to grind multiple levels.

>>387329864
Do the chain of quests in the waking sands, they go on for a long time and should be enough to get you through.
>>
How do I get people to join my FC?
Or alternatively, how do I get the 3 people in there to leave without being mean to them?
>>
>>387330352
>Or alternatively, how do I get the 3 people in there to leave without being mean to them?
you kick them
>>
>>387330352
Say you support Trump.
>>
File: 47644588.jpg (77KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
47644588.jpg
77KB, 420x420px
>>387330352
Look for anons that are on the same server!
Your fellow 4channers would be delighted to help you out!
>>
>>387330145
>You hit a wall around level 40
This was true around ARR and HW, but not so much in Stormblood anymore. They shit out EXP more than ever now with the bonuses they added. Also, they expect you to at least do some side content like POTD or challenge logs to make up some exp.
>>
File: 1428971116390.png (622KB, 800x933px) Image search: [Google]
1428971116390.png
622KB, 800x933px
Content is so short-lived we literally got conned into buying a $30 patch. Yoshi clearly has no ideas anymore other than putting out the same shit with a different coat of paint. But we all know this by now and that people have their own reason for still playing this besides the repetitive mess he continues to release.
>>
>>387330145
Maybe I'll get back into it eventually.
>>
>>387330460
That's pretty mean. They're pretty cool so I want them to go find somewhere else rather than my dead one.

>>387330493
They're all from a country where they wouldn't care.

>>387330539
I already know some anons. If they were in my FC I'd have probably booted them by now.
>>
Ramuh still has best primal theme
>>
>>387330641
when has a MMO expansion ever not be a "paid patch"? serious question.
>>
>>387322070

fucking ugly bastard holy crap.
>>
>>387330929
Bismarck exists, though
>>
>>387331148
this
>>
>>387331258
>>387331148
lol?
>>
>>387330929
Leviathan
>>
File: 6372.jpg (179KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
6372.jpg
179KB, 1280x720px
And that's how I became a socialist.
>Oh great more Imperial wank what fucking nerd immerses in this shi-
>10 seconds later
>Out of my chair saluting the cutscene
>>
>>387330352
Say that you're quitting pass the leader to someone, and leave.
Then keep playing.
>>
>>387331648

pretty sure it's a monarchy
>>
File: SB over 600k Subscribers.png (173KB, 904x397px) Image search: [Google]
SB over 600k Subscribers.png
173KB, 904x397px
APOLOGIZE
>>
>>387330543
I'm telling you right now: they don't. I literally played through ARR for the first time last month. The MSQ doesn't give you nearly enough to play through the story.
>>
>>387330929
funny way to spell Lakshmi
>>
File: 04017124.gif (2MB, 270x188px) Image search: [Google]
04017124.gif
2MB, 270x188px
>still no 4 or 5 man savage content
>instead we'll get eureka (diadem 3.0) and more means-to-an-end 24 man raids for players to afk through

Why is Yoshi so full of terrible ideas?
>>
>>387332243
>5 man
Do you have brain damage?
>>
File: SB over 600k Subscribers1.png (255KB, 667x679px) Image search: [Google]
SB over 600k Subscribers1.png
255KB, 667x679px
>>387332117
>>
File: 62.jpg (72KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
62.jpg
72KB, 800x600px
>>387331648
I would have preferred a proper imperial theme. They just stole the Ala Mhiga one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LzjrkGNS58
I don't know what I expected after Heavensward and its 30 variations on the same song.
>>
>>387332243
that snake sure is thirsty
>>
>>387332243
why are sneks so cute, bros?
>>
>>387332342
You'll have to elaborate how that post in any way implies someone has brain damage.
>>
>>387332243
what would 4 man savage dungeon content even be like? Same dungeons but stats are scaled way up for enemies like mythic dungeon WoW and mechanics that puts everyones HP to 0 if you fail it?
>>
>>387331648
why do people always side with the bad guys in videogames nowadays
>>
>>387332807

its the JOHN CENA SUCKS era.
>>
>>387332727
I never specified dungeons, but sure. The kind of fights we have in omega savage now but with 4-5 people and heavily tuned would also be fun since there's less room for error. Finding 3 others to clear is much easier than 7 others, even if the content is 10x more difficult.
>>
>>387332872
tfw loved cena as a kid
>>
>>387332117
>>387332370
B-but tne game is dying and bleeding
subs! /v/ said so!
>>
File: 4c29.jpg (186KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
4c29.jpg
186KB, 1280x720px
>>387332807
>Imperials
>Bad guys
It's not even a DIDNOTHING wrong meme. Zenos was 9999% right.
Looking forward to the Imperial Expansion where you side with the righteous against these filthy guerrilla rebels stirring up Primals and birthing chaos from order in the name of "freedom".
>>
>>387333172
Zenos was right about what exactly? His only talking point is how he likes to fight and loves being violent for its own sake.
>>
>>387329312
Borne upon our hands
Cradled in our arms
Swelling in our hearts
>>
>>387333172
The Garleans are the ones stirring up Primals you fuckwit. First they cracked open Silvertear in their bid for conquest which allowed Primal summoning in Eorzea to begin with, then their genocide campaigns drove more and more beastmen into summoning for fear of their lives. Not to mention these fucktards also keep poking at doomsday Allagan tech.
>>
>>387332727
PotD 101+ was already a step in the right direction imo
>>
File: nuh uh.gif (2MB, 209x213px) Image search: [Google]
nuh uh.gif
2MB, 209x213px
>>387332807

>better aesthetics
>tech always better
>strong leader
>some goals are worth it
>organised and orderly

as opposed to:
>vanilla as fuck group of fags
>shit tech
>shitty, ugly looks (no uniforms)
>always poor
>power of friendship crap
>the "lets jeopardise entire games mission so save some insignificant NPC, because were the gud guys" trope

>nowadays

twat
>>
>>387332903
The difficulty from savage raids mainly comes from coordinating with 7 other players. It wouldn't exactly be savage if there's less room for error unless they made it so every mechanic 1 shots if 1 person fucks up (like a jumprope mechanic where if a person doesn't jump then everyone explodes)
>>
>>387333545
I think you mean POTD 170+
>>
>>387333610
wow this is the dumbest fucking reasoning i've heard
no wonder dumbasses like fordola side with them just to get fucked in the ass
>>
>>387320519
fuk u kid
ure just not a bushido
>>
>>387332807
But Thordan wasn't a bad guy.
>>
>>387334385
gaius wasn't bad either
>>
>>387334385
>lied to his people for years to stay in power
>sent his own people to get eaten by dragons
>took ishgard tax money to fund a petty war instead of making sure kids don't go hungry or die in the cold
>>
File: nothing wrong.jpg (485KB, 906x845px) Image search: [Google]
nothing wrong.jpg
485KB, 906x845px
>>387334446
>>
>>387333614
>The difficulty from savage raids mainly comes from coordinating with 7 other players
This is just more shit to deal with before you even go inside mainly. People either being too busy to make raid times on time or stay focused through the entire night. It's more trouble than it needs to be 99% of the time and anyone who has led a static knows this.

>tly be savage if there's less room for error unless they made it so every mechanic 1 shots if 1 person fucks up

That would be fine. Make it as tough as Gordias or Midas, then you can estimate who needs to step up their game much easier when there's less people being the issue by default.

I'd much rather deal with Digititis and Gavel mechanics at the same with 3-4 others than Optical Sights or Oink mechanics with 7 others. I'd also rather deal with one guy being constantly late or bad and replacing him easily since you'd only need 4-5 players max than the same scenario with needing 8 players.
>>
>>387312775
What is this weebshit?
>>
So what Final Fantasy are we gonna raid next? Will it be 7? Will it be 9?

>yfw FF2 raid
>King Behemoth, Beezelbub, Astaroth, Emperor
>>
>>387334707
Just another themepark mmo friend.
>>
>>387334797
Dissidia the raid with the bosses you fight being determined by popular vote on the FFXIV website
>>
>>387334797
>FF2 raid
>generic enemy
>literal who
>literal who
>literal who
>>
>>387334923
Do not expose your plebness in my presence like that thanks
>>
>>387334990
Oh jeez, he actually likes FF2. My condolences to your dead taste buds.
>>
File: Fordola.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Fordola.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Did she want the Z?
>>
>>387333172
If anything, the Imperial expansion will introduce a rebel Garlean faction that opposes the imperial subjugating the Eorzeans and you'll be helping them take down Varis.
>>
>>387335087
It had a great story that wouldn't be out of place in Eorzea. It's just too bad game systems suck.
>>
>>387335110
nah she just wanted to join the garleans for the better aesthetics, the cooler tech, the strong leader, and loves to be party of an organized and orderly imperial force
>>
>>387334797
Would FFX fit in well with all the Far East shit?
>>
>>387335358
We already had yojimbob
>>
>>387335358
FFX would fit in an xpac where summoners are actually summoning and not just dot masters

also blitzball
>>
>>387335358
How so? FFX bosses are all Sin shit.
Plus, Omega is basically a free for all.
>>
Am I the only one that thinks Heavensward is better than Stormblood in every concievable way? Ishgard is way cooler than Kugane AND its more relevant to it's respective expansion's storyline.
>>
File: not in that hole please.jpg (356KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
not in that hole please.jpg
356KB, 1920x1200px
>>387335110

she has obviously some issues and wants a strong, tall man to pound her ass while she calls him daddy.
>>
>>387335520
Ala Mhigo not being an actual city is the most puzzling shit
>>
>>387335520
I liked the music better in Heavensward.
>>
File: 1495132029179.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495132029179.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>387333887

Fuck Bushido and the way of the Samurai in general. The men who wrote books on Bushido/Samurai basically tell the readers it's a shit practice of life anyway and 9/10 the Samurai in question ends up dead without even seeing combat because their Daimyo are besmirched.

You have to understand what the way of the Samurai is. It is literally living death hoping you might honour your lord with your soldiery prowess before you eventually either fall on your sword or die in combat. Dogmatic orthodox narrow minded zealous brainwashing that was abandoned for entirely good reason.

The glorification of that way of life culturally worldwide is saturated to the point where hardly anybody understands it was never about the katana to begin with, it was always about being a suicidal drone for your master.
>>
>>387335605
Yeah I'm surprised it ended up being a dungeon instead of a town you rebuild as patches go on. Seems like the whole ala mhigo thing was rushed.
>>
The fuck is the point of Zenos' revolving sword barrel? What's wrong with a fucking simple scabbard?
>>
>>387335520

Stormblood has some things going for it but Heavensward has it beat. That said, a good chunk of Heavensward's story was released in subsequent patches.
>>
>>387335836
Wasn't Bushido literally made up during the Meiji period?
Samurai were basically gone by that time, anyway.
>>
>>387335879
>ended up being a dungeon instead of a town you rebuild as patches go on

Is there any confirmation that we don't see this happen? We have yet to see any major content patches.

I'm just curious where it goes from here. Probably more Ascian shit, hopefully Fordola enters the picture more and isn't just shipped off to prison to be forgotten.
>>
>>387335963
the rule of cool > common sense
>>
>>387335963
He can choose whatever sword he wanted on the same dominant hand position. I think it also acts as a sword launcher because "lmao magitek" but we never seen it in action.
>>
File: 1.jpg (162KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
162KB, 1920x1080px
WoL stronger than kugane steel!
FOLDED OVER 1000X
>>
>>387336141
I don't have any confirmations but it just makes sense that they would rather improve rhalgers reach than ala mhigo since rhalgers reach is the official endgame town.
>>
>>387336064

Books like Hagakure only got made to begin with because said Daimyo in questions forbid his underling to commit ritualistic suicide and so he wrote a book to tell the world about his servitude exposing the shit practices of the Samurai that had survived and maintained for several hundred years to infamy.
>>
>>387336141
I hope Fordola gets executed ASAP. Lyse was more tolerable than EVERYTHIN I WERK 4
>>
>>387336568
Florida was the best part of the expansion, though.
>>
File: CQmWBMVUkA23dgY.jpg (12KB, 216x216px) Image search: [Google]
CQmWBMVUkA23dgY.jpg
12KB, 216x216px
>>387336392
Fucking Hydaelyn Hacking based Weeblean REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>387336724
How? She is a literal woman-child. Her entire character is screaming and stomping on the ground because she wants to be beneath Zenos' heel.
>>
what games are you people playing as you wait for the new patch?
>>
So is MCH fixed? I left it at level 67 and havent gotten the motivation to keep levelling it
>>
>>387336724

I just wanted to see more of her. Ala Mhigans resisting liberation because occupied rule was they only world they knew, that's a conflict I wanted to see more of. Puts a moral ambiguity on the act of starting a war to liberate the place, despite the Empire obviously being evil.

Fordola was more interesting than Lyse, and I hope her pseudo echo powers give reason to keep her relevant in the MSQ.
>>
File: ffxiv_06252017_180635.jpg (526KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_06252017_180635.jpg
526KB, 1920x1080px
Did everyone already forget about best girl?
>>
>>387336064
Bushido and European chivalry were a load of bullshit made up to strengthen the idea of their culture. Samurai and knights were shitty noble born soldiers who threw their prestige around and bullied the peasantry in inhuman ways until warfare developed in such away that peasants were more important than a bunch of posh blue bloods with fancy armor and weapons.
>>
Doing ninja questline.

Slowly everyone is coming back.
Karasu, Tsubame, even Jacke's group V'kebbe and Padfoot.

Sweet.
>>
>>387337046
Yeah, it's pretty decent now. People who still regard reddit as gospel will probably say BRD is "better in every way" still even though it's not.

MCH gets better defensive utility with dismantle each minute provided they have a target to debuff, FFlogs has them at higher personal DPS on average with the exception of v3s(im assuming because BRD gets to multi dot many times in that fight). The gap lies between how much BRD and MCH buff the raid which is like a 1% difference only autists will argue over.
>>
>>387337176
I'm expecting that when we eventually push into Garlemald, where occupied lands have known Garlean rule and Garelean culture for decades, and I imagine most will be happy to fly Empire colors.
>>
>>387337463
never. i'm ready for her redemption arc.
>>
>>387337796
She'll be relegated to the comic relief questline of Hildebrand.
>>
>>387337796
Isn't she literally psychotic? I dont even think Gosetsu's MassiveDong could redeem her.
>>
>>387327701
Do what you did before, but remember to hover around 90 heat and cooldown without ammo to prevent overheating. Overheat in every wildfire for a 20% damage buff and unlimited cooldowns when you don't have ammo because it's the potency of heated slug shot.

After WF throw gauss barrel back on and barrel stabilizer up to 50 heat. If you're not near overheating by the time WF is back up, use flamethrower then start your burst phase.
>>
File: shades_of_shatotto.jpg (77KB, 1017x1017px) Image search: [Google]
shades_of_shatotto.jpg
77KB, 1017x1017px
>BLM 60+
>Literal mother of all BLMs steals your waifu's body and challenges you to a Yami-style duel
>Job Quest difficulty spikes from standard faceroll to Kerbal Space Program
>>
>>387337796
the only redemption she has is shooting herself and letting village commoners rape her corpse.
>>
>>387337987
She's deranged, but with fantasy story telling even mentally damaged psychos can be redeemed. Besides all her issues were with Doma and Domans, she didn't have her psychotic streaks towards foreigners, as much at least. Perhaps a road trip to see the world and how life is beyond the ports of Doma will settle her down.
>>
File: BLM.jpg (148KB, 1046x596px) Image search: [Google]
BLM.jpg
148KB, 1046x596px
>>387338260
>>
Is Estinien gonna play the part of mysterious helper the whole time or do you think he'll eventually show himself to the WoL and Alphinaud and help out in the next big MSQ?
>>
>>387338565
He's done. The only reason he popped back up was because Nidhogg's eyes were involved.
>>
>>387337463
>Grynewaht
>girl
And who's that slut with the awful haircut to the left?
>>
>>387314184
Maybe you're the retard and just need to dump the game?
>>
>>387338565
He was only there to put an end to Nidhoggs influence once and for all. I imagine the most hell do from now on is be involved in DRG questlines, possibly. Though I am curious how he DRG storyline will continue, I hadn't gotten to SB yet so I don't know what the SB DRG quests are about, but the farther you get away from Ishgard, the harder it sounds to produce a story for Dragoons, not to mention besides Estenien, you're the best Dragoon around, so your story will never have some teacher or mentor and would be solely on the WoL to 'lead'.
>>
>>387336326
>never see it in action

It's how he launches all 3 swords at that point right before he does his super charge attack in his fight.
>>
>>387338384
You ended up with both though, essentially. And another hinted mancat/femlala romance, what's up with the devs and that combination?
>>
WHY DOES EVERY FUCKING FISH ONLY SHOW UP IN FAIR SKIES
>>
WILLS UNBENDING
FAITH UNENDING
>>
>>387339068
They're probably going to meme it up like they did with the WAR quests which were fun af, mind you
>>
File: Estinien in SB.jpg (52KB, 474x960px) Image search: [Google]
Estinien in SB.jpg
52KB, 474x960px
>>387338565
>>
>>387339307
They wilt in the rain
>>
File: 3179054124423446528.jpg (17KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
3179054124423446528.jpg
17KB, 480x480px
>>387312775
They managed to make the most punchable face in any form of media since Umaru.
>>
>>387339390
STONE DEFENDING
NOW OUR STEEL SHALL SING
>>
File: 1500225099982.jpg (218KB, 1000x1607px) Image search: [Google]
1500225099982.jpg
218KB, 1000x1607px
>>387337463

I would never forget my queen
>>
File: ffxiv_08152017_030124.png (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
ffxiv_08152017_030124.png
2MB, 1680x1050px
I'm loving the game and I'm still bridging myself between ARR and HW. However I do wish they added the territorial warfare aspect between factions like they had in XI. Is there any news if they plan on adding any sort of variant like this?

Also, what do you guys think of my character?
>>
havent beat HW yet lul
>>
>>387339787
Get a haircut.
>>
>>387339787
More dull than WoD/10

>>387339736
She's the bridge between the Garleans and Domans in terms of spit roasting.
>>
>>387337796

now imagine Nero and her hitting it off as the pair of defeated antagonists who now follow the scions/WoL around, and its awesome.
>>
File: Nick Cage.jpg (132KB, 800x584px) Image search: [Google]
Nick Cage.jpg
132KB, 800x584px
>>387339981

hey big guy, that's my wife you're talking about
>>
>>387339981
I don't think you realize how hard it is to make a normal looking Hyur and not a chinese cartoon character
>>
>>387340081
fuck, this would be amazing
>>
>>387340081
Fuck no. Nero is too good for that skank.
>>
>>387340081

Nero has class and standards he would never go near her.
>>
>>387340081
Sounds fucking dumb as shit.
>>
>>387340420
Pretty sure the only thing Nero would fuck is the WoL.
>>
File: 1398003293792.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1398003293792.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>387338748
>His namedays will never come again
>He didn't even get to die in a cutscene
Poor guy. He didn't deserve it.
>>
>>387341157
He was just a regular imperial soldier, except for some reason had a super gay haircut and was wearing blush
>>
>tfw too scared to join a static
>dont want to play with people who jerk off over orange logs
>just pug things instead
>>
>>387341230
he was cute! CUTE!!!
>>
Baut as president of the inevitable mhigger republic when
>>
File: 00812.png (2MB, 898x1047px) Image search: [Google]
00812.png
2MB, 898x1047px
post bad glamour
>>
>>387314184
LMAO
>>
>>387341728
This is old.
>>
>>387341728
You have to go back
>>
File: Screenshot-5_22_2017-6_45_01-PM.jpg (33KB, 1100x245px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-5_22_2017-6_45_01-PM.jpg
33KB, 1100x245px
Did he succeed?
>>
File: PSA ffxiv.jpg (243KB, 649x361px) Image search: [Google]
PSA ffxiv.jpg
243KB, 649x361px
>>387341728
Nah, go away, will just invite the attention whores.
>>
>>387335520
in terms of jobs(at least the ones i've played), almost all of them got an upgrade in fun from hw. the only really sore point for me is that i really dislike the nin changes, but i only switched to nin because i didn't like how blm played in hw and blm is really good this time around so i guess it worked out
hw does beat it out in terms of story but everything else is a lot stronger and a lot of the tiresome shit got dropped all around. if you're a super hardcore player then i can see where you'd be disappointed, but as someone whose real life obligations increased outside of the game the changes work out
>>
>>387329423
BLM is like RDM, but for intellectuals. You're not a simpleton, are you, anon?
>>
>>387341057
You mean Cid
>>
>>387342068
No.
Shitter gotta shit.
Seeing RDMs doing 3300 DPS is killing me
>>
>>387314637

you should rather explain yourself why you like fuckin doma when there is superior ala mhigo?

inb4 nigger/rapefugee-memes
>>
>>387341157
>comedy antagonist who didn't really seem all that evil, just wanted to prove he was better than you
>he'll probably get redeemed at some point, this is usually how shit works in this game
>extremely non-comedic final fight and the wol is visibly upset in the victory cutscene
rest in rip you big dummy
>>
>>387334797
>tons of prior Final Fantasy themes remixed for their bosses' glorious returns
>fucking Ozma
>no remixed FFIX boss theme

If Ozma really is the "super savage" fight, they'd better remix that goddamn theme or I will be MAD.
>>
>>387342240
RDM is like BLM, but for patricians. You're not unsophisticated, are you, anon?
>>
How much gil should I have to not be considered a poorfag?
>>
File: 1502817721466.png (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
1502817721466.png
7KB, 231x218px
>>387341157
>No option to fake losing so he finally gets a win
>Garleans turn him into mindless monster
TOO FAR
>>
>>387342627
How cute. He thinks he's people. Someone's dead, RDM. Better raise them while I keep doing more damage than you.
>>
>>387342859

Whatever amount you currently have, multiplied by ten.
>>
>>387343014
So 100m?
>>
>>387342859
Depends on your server economy. 20 million is considered to be really rich on Balmung. Meanwhile on Cactuar that's just average.
>>
>2 more months of 1-4 savage
I'm actually glad my raid group is composed of turbo casuals who work hard all week and therefore we only raid 1 day a week.

I'd probably be unsubbing right now if we had already cleared everything.
>>
File: 1430073362742.png (12KB, 405x414px) Image search: [Google]
1430073362742.png
12KB, 405x414px
>>387342867
I thought the garleans were cool until they pulled shit like this
Also fuck that stupid himecut bitch. I'm looking forward to caving in her skull.
>>
>>387343061
mateus
>>
File: 1502805036857.jpg (104KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1502805036857.jpg
104KB, 800x450px
>>387343167
>yfw they """""redeem""""" her
>>
>>387323475
>Tataru
>known in every single bar from Ishgard to Kugane
>Nanamo
>implying she doesn't get the good dick from raubahn every night
>>
>>387329423
both, just play RDM for the super movement intensive fights if you can't into planning triplecast and ley lines well
>>
>>387342934
What do you have against RDM? BLMs are cool, too, but why do you gotta shit on the most sophisticated and complex job in the game?
>>
>>387343201
I don't play on mateus so I have no clue. But generally high pop servers will have lower prices while dead servers have higher prices.
>>
File: 1419536017223.png (93KB, 480x430px) Image search: [Google]
1419536017223.png
93KB, 480x430px
>>387343231
I hate to admit it, but it's probably going to happen. All the waifu cucks on here will praise it too.
>>
>>387343135
We're getting a new savage in 4.1?
>>
>>387343412
>most sophisticated and complex job in the game?

What makes you think it qualifies as that?
>>
>>387343597
in odd patches, you get 1 super savage boss. yoshida says don't cry for nerfs or about it being too difficult because it's supposed to be like that.
>>
>>387312775
Stormblood has the exact same problem they've been ignoring for 4 years now

Once you hit endgame there is LITERALLY NOTHING to do besides log in once a week to clear raids

No fucking MMO has ever had so embarrassingly little actual content and it manages to fucking do it every patch
>>
>>387343672
Because it is.
>>
>>387343135

>Been stuck on O3S for 3 weeks and not making the best progress
>Feels like the AST is never healing when he really needs to
>Check out the parse on fflogs for one of the better pulls
>34% uptime on Helios
>Only uses around 3-4 of his healing abilities, didn't use that one stellar move at all

Me and my friend really need a new static.
>>
>>387319857
>moving onto RDM next I hope the catboi justicelad is as cool as he intially seems.
is his surname "Tia"? if so he's a bottom bitch. so probably not.
>>
>>387343712
>Once you hit endgame there is LITERALLY NOTHING
Uhh sweetie, you mean you don't like leveling all your DoW/M jobs to 70 via PotD/PVP?
>>
>>387343712
You do the same thing in every single Themepark MMO. WoW, Rift, Wildstar, Tera, etc. If you want never-ending content, go play Sandbox MMOs like EVE.
>>
File: 1490697852945.png (47KB, 674x337px) Image search: [Google]
1490697852945.png
47KB, 674x337px
>Wipe at 60.3% of Exdeath because our RDM was doing 3171 DPS
>>
File: 1478526873914.png (436KB, 487x495px) Image search: [Google]
1478526873914.png
436KB, 487x495px
I was really excited for it. I stopped playing FFXIV shortly after HW came out because of the lack of content, and started again a few months before SB and played every day. I really like the game, but I got the point in SB where I just don't feel like pushing forward on content. The only thing I haven't done is Savage content, but I also don't really feel like dealing with shitters to do it. Was disappointed by the MSQ also. Haven't unsubbed yet but I'm probably gonna do it before it subs again
>>
>>387343861
hey, I've read this exact post before
>>
File: 1502507988827.png (227KB, 568x510px) Image search: [Google]
1502507988827.png
227KB, 568x510px
>>387343525
I'll never understand anyone who feels bad for her.
>boo hoo my family sold me and my husband treated me bad
>That means its okay for me to kill many people
>feel bad for meeee
And the fucking waifufags eat it up. I hope Gosetsu kills her.
>>
File: badgamedesign.jpg (35KB, 382x382px) Image search: [Google]
badgamedesign.jpg
35KB, 382x382px
>Stormblood exploration
>Good
Literally cannot figure out how to reach this quest turn-in.
>>
>>387343263
And?

I'll still pound that potato and Raubahn and I can double stuff Nanamo
>>
>>387344068
Try using your map and exploring. You'll hate finding the last aether currents
>>
>>387344068
You're fucking dumb.
Get in the village.
>>
>>387343953

I've got a NIN in my static who has trouble breaking 3k dps on some fights

>>387344017

Yeah I posted it last night too, just a bit frustrated with my static is all, it's not that hard of a fight and most of the rest of the static is good, but two people in particular really bring us down.
>>
>>387344081
I'd fuck Raubahn too
>>
>>387344068
So this is the XIV fanbase huh?
>>
>>387343861
I can bet that your AST don't even know that Collective Unconscious has a very potent regen that can be extended to 150 sec.
>>
File: noclip3 playtime full.jpg (3MB, 1024x5013px) Image search: [Google]
noclip3 playtime full.jpg
3MB, 1024x5013px
>>387344009
>>
>>387344357
>extended to 150 sec.
>150
wtf am I smoking?
I meant 25sec
>>
>>387344054
there's like a half dozen people in xiv alone who have the exact same backstory and didn't do anything close to as fucked up
she's bad and should have gotten squished in doma castle
>>
>>387344357

He probably doesn't, here's one of the logs https://www.fflogs.com/reports/wLV37NxQ6AmpjnHY#fight=22&view=analytical&type=healing&source=52
>>
>>387344054
You could slap a himecut on a fucking rock and the /v/irgins on here will find a way to put their dick in it. These types of people are the only ones that care about her.
>>
>>387343931
Not even in the same fucking ballpark as XIV.

In WoW and any other competently designed themepark MMO there are still ways to meaningfully progress your character outside of raiding; whether that meant grinding factions or doing PvP or even farming mobs in the overworld for money (which had actual USES)

Not in fucking XIV; the second you hit i320 the game is fucking over and you're now paying $14 a month for a game you play 4 hours a week.

I don't need an MMO to take fucking 12 hours of playing a day to keep up, but I'd sure like to to offer more than 16 hours a month worth of gameplay
>>
>>387344370
And I actually love this gameplay design.
Playing an mmo and not feeling like its a second job which don't give you enough time to do anything else feels good.
>>
File: 1481252590323.gif (948KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1481252590323.gif
948KB, 200x200px
>>387344370
Yeah it's not like I hate that design, it's just I always like to have an MMO to play, it's something to fill the void when I don't have any SP games to play or I'm burnt out of other MP games. So that's the reason I get disappointed I guess.
>>
>>387344370
And then Savage grinds happened.
>>
>>387342068
No in fact it's worse.
>>
>>387344512
>whether that meant grinding factions or doing PvP or even farming mobs in the overworld for money (which had actual USES)
grinding factions in WoW now only gives you mounts and pets.
PVP progression boils down to "AFK for pvp points"
and farming mobs is the worst way to make money now.
>>
>>387312775
SAM is fun as fuck, it plays pretty solidly, my only complaint is that Hagakure really fucks with the rotation.
RDM looks like a lot of fun.
They STILL haven't fixed the fundamental problems with SMN, increasing my frustration.
Doma felt incredibly forced even if it was fun, and Ala Mhigo sucked all of the dick.
Zenos Yae Galvus did NOTHING WRONG.
I don't think I've ever been so blue-balled by enemies that I wanted to kill. Yatsuya and Fordola.
A lack of stuff to do at the end game since it's pretty easy to blow through new story stuff in like 45min.

Overall 7.5/10

Better than ARR but inferior to Heavensward.
>>
>>387344594

Savage is for glamour
>>
>>387344535

I'd hate to say it but I agree with you here. Having two jobs, getting on and playing a couple of hours in dungeons with friends at the end of the day is perfectly fine by me.
>>
>>387344501
>AST Diurnal with 34% heal under a 58% SCH
>2977 HPS with a fucking 39% overheal somehow
>693 DPS
Dude
I don't care how cool or nice your AST is, he's fucking horrible, its like they don't even play 50% of the time, what the fuck?
Kick them out dude
>>
Who thought this chest limitation shit was a good idea? Just limit personal drops per week. how fucking hard is that.
>>
>>387344512
post /playtime
>>
>>387344715
Addendum:
They still didn't fix the problem with some classes not getting their core class mechanics until 50+, 60+ and 70. SMN actually plays fairly solidly (If not ideal) at 70. But at anything under 70, it just sucks, because you're missing the entire back end of your rotation. From what I understand MCH, DRG, DRK and BLM all have the same problem.
>>
>>387344759

That's the problem, he's the brother of the raid leader and any criticisms of him or the NIN is just joked about it, yeah it was a little funny at first, but when it's a direct hindrance to our progress it's not so funny.
>>
>>387344715
>I'll never kill the shit out of florida
This fucking game
>>
>>387339497
Estinien did more in 5 minutes than Lyse did in the entire expansion
>>
File: 1502430816922.jpg (112KB, 653x653px) Image search: [Google]
1502430816922.jpg
112KB, 653x653px
Just when I thought we were over catgirl cancer, now this, almost guaranteed to be in the next expansion.
Kelger is too random to just be whipped up and thrown in a random village otherwise.
>>
Wait, you only need ilvl 320 for entry level A26S raiding?
>>
>>387344938
How dare you say that. That's not fair! *clenches fist*
>>
>>387344068
>you
>not lobotomised
>>
>>387344972
I'd prefer namazu desu
>>
>>387344897
Leave then.
Seriously, that is NOT okay, O3S need everyone to work out, I don't fucking care if the AST is a goddamn autist or anything, this shit cannot continue.
Your SCH is carrying the shit out of him, the AST don't even fucking buff you guys since he only used spear once
What the fuck?!

And yes I'm fucking mad, this kind of thing upset me to no end, no one should have to carry shitters like this, dude man the fuck up and get out of this trap with your friends.
>>
>>387344859
who thought it was a good idea to have a 450 tome currency limit instead of making it so the tome limit applies to your job only. so if you cap on RDM, you can begin capping on tank or whatever other job.
>>
>>387344972
lupin are cute! CUTE!!!
>>
>>387345303

Don't worry, we already discussed this, they're not gonna do anything about the people dragging us down so next week we'll do O1S and O2S then probably quit after they try O3S again.
>>
File: You little shit.png (155KB, 449x442px) Image search: [Google]
You little shit.png
155KB, 449x442px
>>387344972
Dude, catgirls are best girls.
>>
>>387345321
Totally different.
>>
>>387345512
Which server are you guys playing on and who are your friends if you don't mind me asking?
Thread posts: 548
Thread images: 124

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.