[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i always wanted to play a martial arts focused rpg and recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: header (8).jpg (36KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header (8).jpg
36KB, 460x215px
so i always wanted to play a martial arts focused rpg and recently learned of the existence of this game. must have missed it back in the day cause i didn't own the original xbox

it's on steam for a reasonable price and i'm wondering: how does it run on windows 10, and does it work with a controller?
>>
>>387310280
Not that Origin isn't shit, but you can play it for $5 on there versus $15 on Steam.
>>
>>387310338

I'm in germany, so it's the same price for me on both
>>
The gameplay and story are both really boring and uninteresting. The aesthetic is nice though.
>>
>>387311228

This, its a Disney RPG.
>>
>>387311228
Fucking stop. Dawnstar my waifu. You want die pig? Jade Empire an masterpiece. Cease posting forthwith.
>>
>>387310280
Mechanically it plays exactly like kotor. Plot is forgettable, aesthetics are cool. I liked it quite a lot when it came out, but didn't care enough to play since.
>>
>>387310280
Its pretty alright, you have to manually edit the ini to remove the fps cap.
>>
>>387311336

I imagine it's something like the single player story campaign of mortal kombat deception in rpg form

if that's the case, it's pretty much my wet dream
>>
>>387310280
It's decent to good, depending on how comfortable you are with bioware tropes. I played it on the original xbox so it should run with a controller but it might depend on which one you have since the 360 controller has 2 less buttons than the original one.
>>
>>387310280
I don't know if it got fixed but if you buy it from steam, steam has to be run as admin every time or else Jade Empire can't find it.

Got it from GOG and no problems at all.
>>
>>387311397
>Mechanically it plays exactly like kotor
wut. KOTOR plays with a d20 system using 3-second "rounds" in combat. Jade Empire plays like a normal third person fighter and focuses on dodging, spacing and attacks with speed that varies from style to style. They couldn't be more different.
>>
>>387311467

i was gonna try with a ps4 controller

i could play with mouse and cntrlr, but i wanna play it on my tv and choosing that input method would restrict the whole thing to my laptop
>>
>>387311461
Yeah pretty much. The main plot twist is literally about some secret kung-fu move. I'm not even joking
>>
LEAPING TIGER
>>
>>387311563

>mouse and cntrlr,

What the fuck, i mean mouse and keyboard
>>
>>387311595
I hated that Wolverine shit. Legendary Strike master race.
>>
>>387311639
But it's so sloooooooooooooooooooooow
>>
>>387311543
Yeah scratch that, I meant technically, not mechanically. It looks like kotor and level design is like in kotor and all the ui is like in kotor.
>>
>>387311674
Just gotta time and position your shit correctly is all.
>>
>>387311774
well that or you go into hyperspeed and spam that one combo that gives you back stamina if you kill something with it
figured that one out way to fast, after which all the challenge just evaporated
>>
>>387310280
The game is shit and runs like piss unless you fix it, don't get it.
>>
>Transform into golem
Heh nothing personal Sun Li
>>
This game really isn't that good but it's pretty much the only one of it's kind.
>>
Jade Fox > Dawn Star
>>
>>387312534
Why not both?
>>
>>387312917
We're not gonna get another game from bioware with 3some ending are we?
>>
>>387313119

Not unless it's with three dudes.
>>
>>387311467
>360 controller has 2 less buttons than the original one
The original one didn't have bumpers. In fact the 360 controller has one button more than the original.
>>
File: 1501700969226.gif (733KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1501700969226.gif
733KB, 500x300px
>>387310280
I for one love it, but I have a soft spot for this sort of setting and aesthetic. It's light fun with a cheesy plot, villains are comically bad and is full of typical wuxia tropes.

The soundtrack is excellent, the combat is fun and the characters are memorable. Only problems is that it's easy as fuck, and if you're not interested in the setting, it's probably not for you.
>>
>>387312294
Everyone did that to cheese that final boss. It was pretty cool to be honest. If you didn't equip spirit thift and had no blue chi then you were fucked or you just wanted so challenge. Kinda wish there were more "powerful" bosses in the game.
>>
>>387310280
It's not that great. Typical Bioware plot, typical Bioware morality system (even though they claimed it to be different), mashy gameplay, linear as fuck, characters ripped straight from the Outlaws of the Marsh and a setting that doesn't really feel like it's Chinese. JE might be one of the most overrated games I've ever played. One of the best examples of typical Bioware schlock.
>>
The steam version straight up does not work properly. You have to do some bullshit to get it running right. The GOG version works afaik but I don't know about it running on win10
>>
>>387315616
Listen to this anon. You need to tinker with it a little to stop it running at 10fps. It's possible, just a bit tedious. I'm running it on Win10.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.