[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2 017-08-16-mass-effect-an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: maxresdefault.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-16-mass-effect-andromeda-is-heavily-discounted-on-xbox-one-and-origin

RIP IN PIECES
>>
They already confirmed that all the future DLC is cancelled and that there won't be more games. So who would buy the first part of a cancelled trilogy, no matter how discounted it was?
>>
>>387309898
>They already confirmed that all the future DLC is cancelled and that there won't be more games. So who would buy the first part of a cancelled trilogy, no matter how discounted it was?
Assholes who like giving their friends shitty games?
People who like seeing first hand a game 'so bad it killed a franchise' live and up close?
>>
File: Mass Effect.jpg (905KB, 3226x2419px) Image search: [Google]
Mass Effect.jpg
905KB, 3226x2419px
Meanwhile, on the internet...some homeless kid can pick up the Deluxe Edition for $13 at their favorite franchise.
>>
>>387309972
There's joke bad games like bad rats or big rigs over the road, and there's serious bad games like mass effect andromeda or dark souls 3. Only the first group make for good gifts.
>>
>>387310023
Well he did say "assholes", and I doubt assholes want to give good gifts.
But gifting Andromeda is just unspeakable.
>>
>>387310020
goodwill? seriously?
>>
How were Andromeda's sales numbers? Did it actually end up as a flop?
>>
After all the patches, it's actually not that bad of a game. The problem is though that it should have been tested and patched before it was fucking released. It took way too long to sort this shit out, now the damage has been done.
>>
>>387310414
>How were Andromeda's sales numbers? Did it actually end up as a flop?
EA isn't telling. At all.
Based on numbers, all we have are assumptions. But since everything must go, I'd say the numbers are pretty low, or low by EA's standards.
I think it was 3 million copies by first week, but don't quote me on that.
I'm sure some autist here can play detective and actually give us a number.
>>
>>387310538
Except the fact that they only patched commonly joked about issues nothing else really
>>
>>387310685
if it was 3mil first week, they are probably talking about shipped, no? so the number in players hands is probably much lower
>>
>>387310685
If they aren't saying anything the numbers have to be bad right? Why else would they keep it a secret unless it failed badly
>>
>>387310414
we dont have any exact numbers but from what we do know the game didnt ultra bomb but it didnt do all that well.
>>
>>387310724
They balanced combat, multiplayer and patched out a shit load of bugs though.
>>
>>387310963
EA didn't even want to talk about Andromeda much to their own investors, so it must be really bad. EA just wants everyone to forget Andromeda happened.
>>
File: 850710009.png (111KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
850710009.png
111KB, 500x461px
>>387311226
I wish I could forget

Fuck Bioware
>>
>>387311514
The franchise really should have ended with Mass Effect 3
>>
>mfw almost bought the deluxe edition
>bought the regular

Wew, dodged a bullet there.
>>
>>387311687
The ending of ME3 was already enough of a downfall
>>
File: infectious enthusiasm.png (653KB, 822x668px) Image search: [Google]
infectious enthusiasm.png
653KB, 822x668px
really tires your face
>>
>>387311830
I agree.
>>
Can I pirate this game?

There was another anon in a ME:A thread that described my mentality exactly.

"I witnessed the trainwreck but now I want to drive."
>>
>>387311856
It's not even worth a pirate
>>
How is the planet exploration? I am about to become a wageslave so i have to buy something to justify it.
>>
>>387310685
I don't think 3mil copy sold would cover 400 million dollars of development. They're fucked.
>>
>>387311941
Well... Have you played it?

I just want to ensure I'm not getting memed on. The common consensus around this shithole is that Resident Evil 6 is awful but it has amazingly fun mechanics that really shine in mercenaries and a lengthy campaign that doesn't feel padded. I want to play Mass Effect Andromeda so I know what I am talking about and not just parroting Youtubers.
>>
After playing it for 3 hours I'm already struggling. I've spent most of my time listening to conversations or running around the Nexus which is a pretty pathetic hub.

On the first planet, Eos you secure you spend your time solving a couple of puzzles at different large pillars on the map filled with generic enemies until you unlock a vault and spend about 30 minutes wandering through similar looking rooms occasionally engaging in a firefight until you activate a console which terraforms the planet instantly and unlocks your first colony.

I've been told you more or less keep repeating this process on different planets and that's the entire game. Is that true?
>>
I can't think of a more fitting end to a series that deserves it more.
>>
>>387309898
>They already confirmed that all the future DLC is cancelled and that there won't be more games.
I know the studio was closed, but really? Didn't know about this.
>>
>>387312053
A couple of ore nodes, clusters of enemies and radiation every few meters. It's nothing remarkable.
>>
I guess i'll be the contrarian in this thead...

I am currently playing it, after pirating it.
I'm 20 hours in and I enjoy it. The bugs have been fixed, at least on my system. The open world is good, while clearly not the best. The overall story is better than the first trilogy in my opinion, though the character are a little lacking (without being too shit).
If you like space opera, you should try it. It's clearly not as bad as the internet hate-boner had me believe. A nice 7/10 game.

And before you call me a biodrone, I thought Dragon Age 2 and 3 were utter shit (which is why I pirated this one).
>>
>>387312141
You seem too reasonable for /v.
If you have time on your hands then might as well play it. If you have a backlog then I really wouldn't bother
>>
>>387309839
>Citadel DLC is currently £3.29
>Omega and Leviathan are still full priced

Why tho?
>>
>>387311142
>Multiplayer
wait they kept that shit MP from ME3?
how many players actually use it
>>
>>387310891
Very simple, imagine your publisher and you're looking at all your game sales and you can see trends happening, you put a racing game out one year then you put another one out the next year and you see year-over-year the racing game is getting more more popular, so the third year you put out a really high-end racing game hoping to get big bucks back on it. However if all that information is just out there for your competition to know they could find out about the trend and put out their own racing game without putting in the research necessary to get to that conclusion. It's the reason why no one ever talks about how many games sell digitally there able to keep all that information in a house and not disclose it to anyone.
>>
>>387311687
No, ME andromea couldve been the revival of ME. ME3 really fucked up bad, and people knew it. The amount of space opera games is limited, so throwing away a whole lot of worldbuilding with a bunch of friends because the trilogy is finished is silly. ME3 ended the story in the sector it took place in. Having them travel to another world is ideal, you can carry over the races you developed and people like, you can leave behind some stuff that works against you.

The problem is the execution was terrible.
>>
>>387311941

It's worth a pirate. The game isn't extremely bad like everyone here is memeing, it's just mediocre. Most of the non-fetch sidequests are pretty good.

>>387312169

The vaults are optional for the main quest.
>>
>>387311856
I did - deleted after 4 or 5 hours.

I like mass effect, but Andromeda is every kind complete shit.
>>
>>387313048

ME 3 was a good game with a dissapointing ending, so people still had a good time.

ME: Andromeda isn't a good game, when it really shines it's merely mediocre.
>>
File: Games Ultra HD Wallpapers (3).jpg (81KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Games Ultra HD Wallpapers (3).jpg
81KB, 1600x1000px
>EA killed Dead Space
>Now they've killed Mass Effect
How do we stop these monsters.
>>
>>387313207
ME3 has loads of issues throughout the entire game, not just the ending. The ending is where it just breaks down completely. Constantly characters that you killed before get replaced by clones. Story points are retarded, you have the edgy ninja dude who is just a mess, and many more issues.

MEA isnt a good game. But it couldve been, so saying it shouldve ended with ME3 just because the ending was bad is untrue. MEA couldve been great.
>>
>>387312963
The MP from 3 was far from shit. It was actually the only redeeming factor of that entire game.
>>
>>387313306
You cant, their model and experience makes it hard for them to develop creative products. Shit like fifa is just an assembly line production, takes a year, gives good money, rarely has issues, investors love it. Meanwhile a game like ME is a onetime product that might flop and you have to ride a very fine line between pushing the dev to hurry up and giving them extra time if they need it.

You see it very clearly with DSpace, they knew they had a series that was well-received, so they figured they could sell 5mil by taking that franchise and adding popular game mechanics to it.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.