[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>seemingly everyone who has ever existed praises this game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 264
Thread images: 45

File: image.jpg (49KB, 292x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 292x414px
>seemingly everyone who has ever existed praises this game as the best thing since the internet
>play for 20 hours before stopping due to mindnumbing boredom

This game is fucking terrible. Sure, the atmosphere and music is comfy, but the gameplay and questing is HORRIBLE. 7/10 at best if you're not really into games that feel like games and not book adaptations.
>>
File: 1502871539608.jpg (16KB, 399x400px) Image search: [Google]
1502871539608.jpg
16KB, 399x400px
> says its bad
> still ends up playing 20h
this doesn't add up, anon.
>>
>>387305289
I had to keep going to see if any interesting gameplay mechanics or missions get introduced, but it never came. The comfyness is enjoyable, but not enough to carry the game on it's back.
>>
>>387305109
its like not everyone is the same
>>
20 hours is basically nothing in this game.
>>
it's not for you
>>
>>387305289
>>387306206

Getting mixed signals here
>>
IT'S FUCKING TERRIBLE.
7/10
I realize that this is just what has this place conditioned to think like, but still, for fuck sake. You DON'T actually have to speak in extremes all the fucking time. It does not have to be FUCKING AWFUL just because it's popular - the superlatives don't have to fucking scale purely on how much attention the game is currently getting.
Is it really that fucking hard to talk and think like a real person, and not just brain-dead carricature of one, purely driven by online "culture"?
>>
I dunno man I just like pretending to be Geralt, hunting monsters for scared towns folk, and I unironically like solving mysteries with my spidy senses.
>>
>>387306281
>7/10
>terrible

I hate esports generation
>>
>>387306327
anon is literally quoting OP
>>
>>387305109
I felt the same
it was pretty boring and the quests didn't feel like they had very good payoffs
the story was nice but I quit about halfway through just because I couldn't do anymore combat or witcher senses bs
>>
>>387305109

brainlet
>>
>>387306320
Same here, that's a lot of what carried me through the game. I didn't hate the combat/questing/loot/leveling systems, but they weren't exactly a shining feature of the game. The characters, world, and general writing/design really drew me in and made me want to see it through. until my fucking computer crashed and wiped my saves 90% of the way through but you know what I'm saying
>>
>>387305109
I 100%'d the game with about 170 hours played and agree with you mostly. Gameplay gets stale if you don't mix it up, and the quests, well, it's an open world game so what did you expect. The atmosphere and story telling are top tier kino. Still a 9/10 in my eyes because of all the good times I've had as Geralt.
>>
>>387306342
why are you retarded mong? can you not read
>>
File: witcher3 2015-05-25 20-08-50-53.jpg (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3 2015-05-25 20-08-50-53.jpg
153KB, 1920x1080px
>>387305109
I played through the whole game and both the DLCs and I'd agree that the game itself is pretty bad.

I had an attachment to the franchise and its story and characters so that's why I enjoyed it though.
>>
>>387306529
If my save got wiped right now it would be a blessing even though it would be 100 hours down the drain.

I want to go back and make love to Triss
>>
>>387305109
Seems like Calladoddty is more your feat
>>
>>387306361
The story is not worth it,the first area Velen is basically the best part and that's like a self contained thing.

The story gets progressively worse and more and more pointless until it reaches level of hackery not even Bioware is capable of
>>
this and fallout 4 are virtually the same kind of game, with the only major difference being this is several maps and f4 is one big one

yet f4 gets tons of shit for being “terrible“

try to prove me wrong, i dare you
>>
>>387305109
>7/10 at best
Don't you mean 3/10 ?
Cuz this is what it deserves.
>>
W-WITCHERBROS WHAT HAPPENED
>>
>>387306713
Witcher 3 open world is a lot more immersive, Fallout 4 is tiny and stacked with shit on every step. I prefer the Witcher 3 one because it's the closest thing to a belivable open world there is.

However Fallout 4 was a lot better at actually filling up the open world with interesting loot, monsters, it had a good open ended progression system for an open world.

So Fallout 4 did a lot of stuff right with the open world gameplay design,and Witcher 3 made the best belivable scale open world
>>
>>387305109
the daily witcher hate thread us here good
>>
>>387305109
How far did you get? Name a comparable game that is better so I can mock you.
>>
>>387306713
not true fallout is a tiny world with loadscrreen everytime you open a door
>>
>>387306713
FO4 is just a bad game for too many reasons to count. Witcher 3 is a passable or even a good game despite it's flaws.
>>
>2 years after its release
>still shitposting about it
It's over my man.
>>
>>387306713
I don't give a fuck about muh immersion and muh atmosphere as the other guys so yes, you are correct. The open world is terrible, as are all the other open worlds these days
However, every single sidequest has an insane amount of effort put into it, and the writing is great
>>
>>387306281
>You DON'T actually have to speak in extremes all the fucking time
Actually he does, or people wouldn't bother reading his thread.
>>
>>387307134
Maybe it was not actually worth reading to begin with?
>>
>>387307154
That point makes sense from a rational perspective. It doesn't matter at all from a "OP just wants replies" perspective though
>>
>>387305109
yeah man i got bored too... theres just SOOO many god damn side markers to do
>>
File: 1404031160951 (1).jpg (325KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1404031160951 (1).jpg
325KB, 1920x1080px
>Witcher 1
>take sides or stay neutral all trough the game
>the epilogue is you going trough the besieged burned down city streets and cellars, where many of the minor characters you met have taken shelter. They all get some sort of small symbolic conclusion. The final battle takes place inside a vision, and you get to reflect on all the decisions and 60 hour adventure you had. In the last five minutes a twist is revealed very subtly and quietly. The game ends on a bittersweet note

>Witcher 3
>the big battle for the city takes place off screen. Nothing you did in the city mattered, only thing that matters is one side quest. The finale is you going trough a corridor in a "cinematic" final battle. The villains last words are "I was hoping you would come". Then he dies.The plot decides it needs to wrap up and not to have Ciri being chased anymore. So all of a sudden she can end the white frost in the biggest asspul ever. They all lived happily ever after. The end
>>
>>387308139
This
>>
>ciri is the child of Destiny and will destroy the world if left unchecked as a child
>ciri is like 20 something in the games and the world still hasn't ended
Elves are full of shit
Yarpen Zigrin did not hunt dragons for u to be full of shit cdpr
>>
>>387309995

It's not Ciri, it's her child that's going to fuck up or save the world. It's why everybody wants to catch Ciri. To fuck her so she gives birth to Badass McKickass
>>
>>387306713
TW3 is one of the most overrated games of all time but Fallout 4 is just outright trash, so comparing the two of them isn't really fair considering TW3 is good.
>>
>>387305109
I know how you feel OP, I like the game too but I don't want anyone else to know.
>>
File: muh death march.webm (3MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
muh death march.webm
3MB, 320x200px
>>387305109
I really REALLY don't get why /v/ shills TW3 so much. It steps on the exact same rakes Skyrim did and does it while trying to be as Ubisoft as possible. Same checklist exploration, samey quests, lack of roleplay, retarded eagle vision, horrible combat that lacks any challenge even on highest difficulty.
TW3 is like first Stalker. It's a broken unfinished mess that people love because of the atmosphere and because some nobodies made it.

But at least they learned on their mistakes with HoS. Still managed to fuck up B&W though.
>you have 3 days to save us, Gerald!
>3 day skip literally after that cutscene
>wtf Gerald why didn't you save us???!?
Fuck off.
>>
>>387305109
It's been 2 and a half years since this game came out.

2 and a fucking half YEARS. And still people make these fucking threads "omg I don't get why people like this game wtf, surely everyone else is wrong and I'm not."

What are you trying to prove and to whom?
>>
File: Screenshot_323.png (63KB, 981x374px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_323.png
63KB, 981x374px
>>
>>387313526
>not screencapping the original post

You're scum.
>>
>>387313619
you're
meh whatever i dont have time for your bullshit anon

maybe the original post was some garbage that didn't matter
>>
File: 1498650494244.jpg (91KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1498650494244.jpg
91KB, 500x333px
>>387305109
>Witcher is all about story!
>oneiromancer is barely able to figure out who has seen Ciri last time a day ago, yet can vividly recall the scene of regicide that took place in another universe years ago, in slow motion and perfect camera work
>Dudu says that dopplers take up not only the looks, but also characters of people they pose as
>becomes Whoreson Jr. (the guy who gets off on torturing and killing women in droves) and turns him into a good guy

>DUDE, YOUR CHOICES ACTUALLY MATTER
>What about that one when I chose to be with Scoia'tael in TW2?
>LOL THAT ONE DOESN'T MATTER
>And what about choices that I'm making in this very game? Why do I bother saving characters instead of letting them die if they're out of the game after that anyway?
>LOL SHUT UP

I'm really glad /v/ recommended me TW3, it made me appreciate FO4 so much more.

Fun fact. Many characters in FO4 react to you wearing power armor, Silver Shroud outfit or vault suit. Many quests allow you to kill someone you weren't supposed to and quest characters will react to that. NO ONE reacts to Radovid's assassination in TW3. Not even one shitty contract quest allows you to go out of the script CDPR prepared for you. Not to mention FO4 actually made me feel like I explore something instead of relying on baby friendly highlight button.
>>
>>387313916 (You)
>>
>>387313994
Why do CDPR shills always reply like this when they get absolutely destroyed?
>>
>>387313994
>no argument whatsoever
>y-you??!?
Use your Witcher Senses to get back to CDPReddit, shill.
>>
>>387314057 (You)
>>
>>387305109
See that is how /v/ works. If no one gave a shit about this game ou would love it anon. But everybody loves it and you can't preach to the core. You don'T even have an argument you just say it is horrible. I advise to you to start playing games before they get famous. That way you can enjoy it and just insult the fanbase that they ruined a great game. Good luck anon.
>>
>>387305109
Shame. I loved it. Didn't mind the combat everyone shat on and I really enjoyed most of the side quests and the main story.
>>
>>387314202
If the gameplay was good nobody would shit on it. Sorry for not being braindead sheep.
>>
I finished the second game but man the third? Seeing Geralt's toes and then searching for his fuckbuddy just ain't doing it for me
>>
File: 1499268703890.png (425KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1499268703890.png
425KB, 1080x1920px
>Fencing Lessons
>oh shit, Rosa and Edna are twins and Edna seems jealous, I bet it turns out that Edna will come to training instead to steal Geralt away!
>that never happens

>Absolute Madman Lugos
>think there's gonna be a long quest line where he'll try to throw new king/queen off the throne and get himself crowned instead
>that never happens, you just kill him after a brief dialogue

>oh shit Fringilla Vigo is in the game!
>I bet they'll have a lot to talk about with Geralt, there better be a sex scene!
>one dialogue line that has jack shit to do with their past relationship
>doesn't even appear in B&W

TW3 is prime example of a wasted potential. They made great engine and beautiful world, but couldn't add worthwhile content and good gameplay to it. Story is also shit, Ciri is unlikable Mary Sue and everything after Kaer Morhen feels rushed as fuck. Eredin is a joke. Persona 5 was the same. Starts like GOTY, then slowly degrades into mediocrity.
>>
>>387305109
As long as it's open world, has braindead casual combat, okay graphics and they can follow quest markers in it, normies will eat it up. See also: Skyrim and Fallout 4 which are similarly dogshit games praised to high heaven.
>>
>>387314410
CDPR knew critics only care about muh graphics and big world so they abandoned all substance in favor of those things. It is an empty game in truth. But their tactics worked. The critics fell for it.
>>
File: ll1322ojjdcn.jpg (186KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ll1322ojjdcn.jpg
186KB, 1920x1080px
>>387313916
>oneiromancer is barely able to figure out who has seen Ciri last time a day ago, yet can vividly recall the scene of regicide that took place in another universe years ago, in slow motion and perfect camera work

That scene had me shook
>>
>>387305289
I put forty hours into Bayonetta 2 and still think it's a piece of shit.

/v/ really needs to acknowledge that sometimes people aren't sure what to think of a game until they've played it for a significant amount of time.
>>
>>387305289
That's only a quarter of the game though
>>
>>387313916
Agreed except
>FO4 is good/aright
part
>>
>>
>>387314410
Rosa and Edna quest at first was supposed to be your typical "get laid" quest after training sequence.
New writer turned it into a blue balls quest instead.
>>
>>387305289
Fuck you if he played only 2h you would tell him it's not enough to form an opinion
>>
>>387305109
Witcher 3 is bogged down by it's terrible, terrible combat
The actual quests and story is pretty fun
>>
>>387315342
>terrible, terrible combat

It's really not bad at all.

You fucks haven't played many games if you think it's terrible.
>>
>>387314762
>The critics fell for it

And somehow millions of satisfied players fell for it too! CDPR can't keep getting away with it!
>>
>>387314947
Sorry you need approval of masses to enjoy something.
>>
File: hT9uTjj.jpg (215KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
hT9uTjj.jpg
215KB, 2560x1440px
>>387305109
>questing is HORRIBLE
There will never be anything like it ever again.
>>
>>387315032
I'm sure they changed it because handful of non-Yen/Triss sex scenes in the game already use the SAME FUCKING ANIMATIONS and it's repetitive as is. Fuck, even Ride to Hell had more unique sex scenes.
>>
>>387315529
>vanilla game
>good quests
>on Skellige aka Rushed Islands of all places
No. Only good quest in vanilla game is Bloody Baron. And by far the best quest in the game is actually a DLC. Cheaper one.
>>
>>387305109

>I don't like a thing
>There's no way the game is good

It's subjective, go cry somewhere else.
>>
File: Skellige.jpg (635KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Skellige.jpg
635KB, 1920x1080px
>>387315858
Skellige was amazing, a couple empty buildings isn't enough to ruin a good time.
>>
>>387314781
>walk around the throne room in edgy as fuck cumbersome armor
>give poison to the king
>laugh maniacally standing behind him
>king dies
>pick up the vial
>look in to camera evily while you squeeze the vial of poison

what the fuck was that all about...It's been years since I read the books but If I recall correctly the king was poisoned by Avalach and Eredin.
>>
>>387314346
The only thing /v/ cares about is the supposedly horrible combat. You're not a patrician for playing an RPG for combat. You're just too braindead to play Smash Bros or Call of Duty like normalfags do while still being able to appreciate other genres for other things.
>>
File: 1499793796612.png (191KB, 273x391px) Image search: [Google]
1499793796612.png
191KB, 273x391px
>>387305109
>>seemingly everyone who has ever existed praises this game as the best thing since the internet

Bait or has never been on /v/ or any youtube comments where Witcher is mentioned. There are literal daily Witcher 3 bitch threads since 2015 and YT comments are riddled with "nah, gamu sux." Shit, I remember listening to Bloodborne OST and majority of comments were still somehow about Witcher and how bad it was.
>>
>>387315970
>Skellige was amazing
>every village has 10 houses at best, even though they're supposed to be clans with fleets of longboats, game suddenly goes to Skyrim scale right after introducing Novigrad
>smuggler cache #52375623
>more sirens than there are Cliffracers in Morrowind
Skellige could've (should've) been cut and the game would only end up being better for it. There's nothing to do there, it ruins story pacing, whales are glitchy, most of the territory lacks hand of the designer - you can see that majority of it is just procedurally generated terrain no one bothered to fill with detail. They should've released it as DLC like B&W after they were done actually finishing it.
>>
>>387305109
>having add
>playing a huge rpg
>>
>>387315342
Name one RPG that has better combat
>>
>>387315525
So you mean like Skyrim?
>>
>>387316586
depends which games you categorize as being RPG's
>>
>>387316252
>Spirit quest
>The possessed Jarl
>Getting arrested for killing the guy's son
>Ice Giant
These moments alone were worth the trip. There are people on this board that think FF13 has good quests ffs. Your standards are too high.
>>
>>387316586
Dragon's Dogma
Skyrim
Fallout 4
New Vegas
VTMB
Fallout 1-2
System Shock
Deus Ex
Bioshock
Soulsborne games
>>
>>387316126
lol like all CDPR took from the books was the setting and characters
>>
File: 1490631745082.png (327KB, 340x547px) Image search: [Google]
1490631745082.png
327KB, 340x547px
>TW3
We're still doing that?

>MMO level scaling
>impossible not to get overpowered around level 20 unless you fully ignore perks, mutagens, gear, signs and runes
>piss easy even on Death March due to how predictable and limited enemy movesets are
>lvl 6 drowners and nekkers hit harder than lvl 25 cyclopses and in groups pose more threat than any large monster 10 levels higher than you
>quests rely on rule of three so much you might thing the game was made by Ubisoft
>helped Scoia'tael in TW2? Too bad, no Iorveth or Saskia for you, now Roche is your best friend
>let major character die? Whatever, even if they live they're out of the picture for the rest of the game anyway
>Eredin has less dialogue than that big bad dragon from Skyrim, you get fuck all motivation to pursue Wild Hunt other than "gotta protect muh daughter" if you haven't read source material
>Radovid turned into edgy saturday morning cartoon villain because the game needed an excuse for Dijkstra's plotline, I guess?
>crafting completely useless outside witcher gear
>want to jump or climb to progress when there's some harpy flying about and won't get close to you? Too bad!
>enemy reskins are just that, reskins. it doesn't matter how drowner, water hag or siren is called, they have the exact same abilities
>3 games in, quest fights still start in the middle of combat with fade-out-of-black screen that prevents certain inputs
>3 games in, sound mixing is still horrible, some scenes are as comical as Deadly Premonition
>30FPS prerendered (rendered on consoles settings, no less) cutscenes for most basic scenes
>why is underwater """combat""" even a thing?
>Skellige breaks story pacing, recommended for lvl16 for some reason
>Places of dohvakiin power
>post Kaer Morhen defense content is rushed as fuck
>ending epilogue only touches Temeria as a whole, Ciri, Geralt and his love interest, nothing more
>>
Funny how people with insecurities always try to shit on good things so they can try to elevate themselves.
>>
>>387316734
>Skyrim
Fuck off
>>
>>387316589
Skyrim came out at the perfect time. Gaming wasn't yet such a massive thing back then and there weren't really anything like Skyrim.

That doesn't mean it's good, it just released at the perfect time.

Witcher 3 on the other hand came out recently, where there's many games like it but very few are so high quality. Therefore people liking is a better testament to it's quality compared to people liking Skyrim back in 2011.
>>
>>387316858
Nice argument, retard.

No matter how floaty Skyrim's combat is, at least it doesn't have input delay and randomized animations with completely different timings. Not to mention blocking actually takes basic reactions instead of endlessly spamming sidestep button that makes you invincible in TW3. Sorry your favorite slav overlords can't make fun combat or decent audio system for 3 fucking games.
>>
>>387317026
That's some top grade mental gymnastics here. Bravo, shill. The reality of the situation is different, though:
>Bethesda makes a casual open world bait
>people eat it up
>CDPR makes a casual open world bait with PRETTY NEXTGEN GRAPHICS
>people eat it up
>>
>>387317026
>That doesn't mean it's good, it just released at the perfect time.
Just like Witcher 3. Zero competition from western devs. This was all there was to play for almost half a year. The marketing consisting of fake trailers also sent the hype machine into overdrive.
>>
>>387313526
Hot damn I fucking wrote the original post for that, nobody noticed or cared about it when I did except for some angry witcher fans. The funny thing is I finished the game and I'll play through the dlc's....but I stand by my post.
>>
>>387316734
>Any first person RPG having good combat
Please.
>>
>>387317380
Better than TW3.
>>
>>387305289
it adds up fine you retarded frog
>>
>>387317425
Atleast in TW3 you need to press more than one button for combat.
>>
>>387308139
>witcher 1
>combat system is a boneless perappa the rappa
>>
If you hate the combat you most likely put your talent points in swords not alchemy or magic
>>
If you like TW 1/2 more than 3 you're a huge fucking retard.
>>
>>387317050
Skyrim lets you face tank anything. Try Witcher 3 on the hardest difficulty.
>>
File: 1499785096487.jpg (798KB, 1512x949px) Image search: [Google]
1499785096487.jpg
798KB, 1512x949px
>>387317206
>Zero competition from western devs

Sure there was. Bloodborne, Fallout 4. An upset so large the butthurt's still present two years later.

Like in this thread.
>>
>>387317026
there was like two games that are the fucking exact same, made by the exact same people before skyrim
>>
>>387317484
and TW3 has two buttons for combat sidestep light attack sidestep light attack sidestep light attack its so complex
>>
>>387317685
And all those games have better gameplay.

I find it funny how witchershills jumped on reviewer cocks so fast when they spent years whining about their Bethesda bias. CDPR made a pretty movie game for people who hate games and got applauded for that. It's like Uncharted 4 all over again.
>>
>>387317050
Skyrimjobs combat is horrible garbage tho, defending that cumstain of a game actually proves that you are that too
>>
>>387317805
>And all those games have better gameplay.

Bloodborne (allegedly) has better combat. But /v/'s too autistic to realize that there are tons of games with better combat than all of those. Few of which are getting their dick sucked because there's more to a games enjoyably than just combat.

>muh marketing
As if Fallout and Metal Gear are obscure underdogs. Beaten out by a literal who franchise.
>>
>>387305109
Breaking News, people have different taste
>>
File: Vincent and Carmen.jpg (357KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Vincent and Carmen.jpg
357KB, 2048x1152px
>>387317591
Well your mother sucks dwarf cock
>>
File: 1502756117377.jpg (994KB, 2405x1764px) Image search: [Google]
1502756117377.jpg
994KB, 2405x1764px
>>387305109
It also run like shit in console, fucking cinematic 20fps in novigrad on nogamestation 4.
>>
>>387317798
Fast attack, strong attack, dodge, roll, counterattack, block and 5 signs. Too bad you probably played on the easiest difficulty so you didn't need to learn use any of those.
>>
>>387308139
The witcher 3 had such terrible writing
>>
>>387318798
Compared to what? War and Peace? Witcher 3 is above and beyond most games.
>>
>>387316734
>most of these games are fucking shooters
opinion jettisoned
>>
>>387305109
legit question should i play the witcher 3?
>>
>>387318874
It still requires reaction time and situational awareness. If you enjoy dying so much stick to Dark Souls. They're both good games
>>
File: 1436310902162.png (287KB, 368x469px) Image search: [Google]
1436310902162.png
287KB, 368x469px
>>387318661
I wonder if people who make this argument have even tried Death March. I found TW3 on death march boringly easy and the Witcher games are pretty much the only third person ARPGs I had played outside of Zelda.
>>
/v/ is so fucking autistic and cancerous I can't stand it.

>video game is widely acclaimed and considered to be one of the best games ever made
>/v/: REEEEEEEEEEEE IT FUCKING SUCKS NORMY FAGS ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO LIKE THIS GARBAGE
>early access shitfest game releases in a buggy state with possibly years of development ahead of it, or some average at best indie game releases
>/v/: OMG YOU GUYS THIS IS LITCHERALLY THE BEST GAME EVER IN THE WORLD YOU HAVE TO BUY THIS GAME RIGHT NOW

/v/ is the hipster gamer who hates everything in the mainstream but thinks every obscure piece of shit is the best thing ever
>>
>>387319047
>If you enjoy dying so much stick to Dark Souls
???
when did i say the game was too hard? my problem is all you need to do to win is sidestep and light attack
>>
File: ign.png (7KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
ign.png
7KB, 300x225px
>>387305109
>"This game is fucking terrible"
>7/10
>>
>This game is fucking terrible.
>7/10
>>
File: 1498846240115.png (260KB, 620x640px) Image search: [Google]
1498846240115.png
260KB, 620x640px
>>387319264
>/v/ is one person
>>
>>387319264
t. normalfag with shit taste
>>
after all my time browsing /v/ i'm glad that the jaded cynicism around here has never rubbed off on me. I still enjoy games, even some modern ones
>>
>>387305109
You should posting, reading what you write is mind-numbingly boring
>>
>>387317201
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
CDPR drones are losing it. Cyberpunk is going to kill /v/.
>>
>>387317484
>>387317798
No, because backstep + heavy attack breaks enemy AI.
>>387317609
>>387318661
>muh deathmarch
Refer to >>387313448
Deathmarch is a joke. It becomes piss easy at level 10, at 15 I was already killing lvl30 monsters, and I wasn't even using Witcher gear. Spent 180 hours wearing lvl6 boots, redanian coat and red fire proof gambeson. After I switched to bear set the game became even bigger joke. Not to mention
>difficulty
>in a game that allows you to heal in pause screen
But I bet for you two game was indeed difficult on DM. You are braindead after all.
>>
>>387319348
Knowing when to attack and dodge requires skill. It's not as simple as you make it sound, unless you took the Frenzy skill and remembered to drunk your potions. And even then some enemies like the devourers kill you instantly with their suicide explosion.
>>
>>387320093
The Witcher 3 never claimed to be the ultimate challenge. Try getting a girlfriend for that.
>>
>>387320353
>witcher 3 combat is shit
>no it's not, it's great, just play it on DM
>I have, it's shit, here's why
>well who cares it's not challenging, here's unrelated argument
Okay?

Getting GF is easy. Easier still is getting laid by hooking up drunk chicks in clubs. And better.
>>
>>387305109
Same
>>
File: Opinions.png (476KB, 737x870px) Image search: [Google]
Opinions.png
476KB, 737x870px
>>387305109
>others like what i don't like
"tHis GaMe iS FuCkiNg teRRIble"
>>
>>387305109
Honest hint: Get lost in sidequests. Yes, the main quest was boring as fuck, the sidequests really saved it. Oh, and the DLC. Like, get Blood and Wine and play that. The original game is so fucking dreary that Blood and Wine really livened it up with the much nicer looking map.
>>
>>387323089
You realize that funny picture of yours works both ways, right?
>>
Before playing Witcher 3 I was playing a lot of old school RPGs very disappointed at how casual Witcher 3 is
"best RPG of all time" my ass
>>
>>387305109
1 is one of my favourite games and i didnt care for this game too much to be honest
>>387305289
>frogposting redditor cant greentext properly
lurk more or get the fuck out
>>
>>387305289
>play 20 hours
>"well you must've liked it if you played it that much"

>play 2 hours
>"You haven't even begun to play it how can you say you don't like it?"
>>
>>387305109
>gameplay and questing is HORRIBLE
>7/10 at best
ok
>>
>>387306361
If you had read his post you'd have seen that he doesn't hate everything and this method is just a quick way to get someones attention
>>
File: 1461994660448.png (499KB, 510x511px) Image search: [Google]
1461994660448.png
499KB, 510x511px
>*whistles for magic horse*
>autoruns on road to quest marker
>*toucan sam vision activates*
>"Mhmm....giant slash marks all over the victim....a Drowner™, gotta be"
>"Come on, Roach"
>*follows nose*
>guys in Drowner™ costumes appear
>"OY BLOODY 'ELL FUCKING CUNT SHIT FUCK CUNT, IT'S A FUCKIN' WITCHER IT IS! GET "EM"
>"Shit you stink" ALALALALALALALALA *sets guys on fire and they stumble and recover immediately, does a cinematic slash and cuts guys in half"
>"Mhmm....Bandits™ pretending to be Drowners™......better tell the village head about this"
>"Come on, Roach"
>*autoruns on road back to village*
>"OY BLOODY FUCK CUNT WITCHAH, WOT ABOUT DA CONTRACT WESE PAIDS YA FOR YA BLOODY FUCKING CUNT?"
>"Just some bastards posing as Drowners™, here's proof *shows flipper*"
>"OY KURWA, HERE'S YA REWARD DA WHOLE VILLAGE CHIPPED IN"
>"Drowning in Danger" Complete AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>10 crowns received
>>
>thinks everyone praises the witcher 3
>ignores all the contrarians like himself who claim it's trash
>still gives it 7/10
your autism is showing, anon.
>>
>>387308139
I have 900 hours across 5 playthroughs and even I will tell you they completely blew it with the ciri/wildhunt endgame plot. The dip in quality of the quest pacing and writing can only lead me to believe that that part of the game was rushed out to meet the release date.

Hearts of Stone made up for it in spades though and Blood and Wine was truly a loveletter to the Witcher universe and fanbase.
>>
>>387311787
>Previous space elf king croaked from a viagra potion overdose that he was using so he could fuck 14 year old Ciri until she was pregnant.

Pretty hot stuff.
>>
>>387326806
Nah it was shit from the start

KYS fanboy
>>
>>387327006
Thanks for the reply.
>>
>>387326806
Agreed, the endgame was by far the weakest part of the game. I much preferred the more episodic main quests like the way the Bloody Baron and Witches tied in together.
>>
>>387305289
i played 40 hours of darksouls before i gave up

im sure if u played less people would bitch about it. i hated every second of it
>>
>>387325797
Accurate in both cases.
>>
>>387305109
>play for 20 hours before stopping due to mindnumbing boredom

i think i made it five

it's so fucking dull
>>
Sorry OP but you can't fix shit taste
>>
>>387316178
Yeah, can't have games that do everything at least okay, those are the spawn of satan
>>
>>387326806
It's not just the endgame, the entire game was badly written. Even if the Blood Baron quest-line was good on it's own it was tied into the main story in an extremely convoluted and dumb way. And Novigrad didn't even have a good standalone story it was just random events that you were in that didn't tie in any way and didn't introduce or develop any characters.

The writing in Blood and Wine was arguably worse than the main game.

And Hearts of Stone is just a collection of setpieces tied around old polish folkore story. The ending of Hearts of Stone was just as stupid and unsatisfying as the main game
>>
>>387316252
you confuse /v/ witj the rpg codex
if we had standarts we wouldn't be here
>>
>>387327460
>the writing in blood and wine was arguably worse than the main game

Yep youre a troll. No more replies.
>>
how'd you fix it /v/?
>>
File: Witcher 3 (3).webm (3MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher 3 (3).webm
3MB, 1920x1200px
>people saying fallout is better than the witcher
time to defend witcher
>>
>>387327620
>graphics
At least try to defend shitty combat, samey quests, witcher senses and terrible drop in writing quality in last third of the game.
>>
>>387305289
I completed Persona 3, and I think it's an awful game. Just because you spend time playing the game doesn't mean you come out of the experience with a positive opinion. Doesn't /v/ criticize journalists and reviewers that haven't played much of the game or know about it?
>>
>>387317026
>>>387316589
>Skyrim came out at the perfect time. Gaming wasn't yet such a massive thing back then and there weren't really anything like Skyrim.

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or gen z.
>>
File: Witcher 3 (2).webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher 3 (2).webm
3MB, 853x480px
>>387327757
>shitty combat
only against humans, what is a shame

>samey quests,
one quest you must find what happened to a woman that went into the woods
the other you must find a goat and escort it back to safety
the other one is a giant tournament of gwent
then in another one you must beat some guys in hand to hand combat

> witcher senses
alright myamoto, tlel me how do they explain in gameplay the extra senses the witcher have?

> terrible drop
mods fix that

>writing quality in last third of the game.?
when this happens?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aior8jfINtI
>>
>>387305109
its an okay game i dont really know what your scale is but the way you describe a seven sounds like my 4 (what i would label as a subjectively bad game). for me 5 is the the average game.

i got like 40 hours in. there were parts of the game i liked. the story was really good, but the the "craft" system felt haphazard and the combat was loose and redundant. i would put it somewhere between a 6 and 7 which is "pretty good"/"enjoyable for some time" but i also don't see the hype.
>>
daily reminder that going swordsman with the alchemy perk that adds % damage per toxicity point is the easiest, least annoying way to go. just take any concoction that gives you 70+ toxicity on tough fights and unupgraded Quen sign for general use then youre set

>everything dies quick
>no fucking around with several signs
>no fucking around with pausing to take several kind of potions

a best. Feline armor and Ursine swords all day erryday
>>
File: 1500709097158s.jpg (6KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
1500709097158s.jpg
6KB, 227x222px
>>387316787
(you)
>>
>>387327757
>shitty combat, samey quest
yep that's Fallout in a nutshell, only the writing quality drops immediately after the intro
>>
>>387328071
>only against humans, what is a shame
No? If anything, humans at least have 3 attacks and block. Monsters just spam the same 1-2 moves depending on their size.
>all of these quests force you to use witcher senses and follow the trail
Amazing.
>alright myamoto, tlel me how do they explain in gameplay the extra senses the witcher have?
Like they did in first two games? Crazy, I know.
>mods fix that
Link to mod to fix the rushed third chapter and Eredin.
>when this happens?
Part after Kaer Morhen defense.
>>
>>387328461
>Like they did in first two games? Crazy, I know.

They didn't though, what are you talking about?

Yes Geralt always said he had super human perception in dialogues, but none of this was demonstrated in gameplay until Witcher 3.
>>
>>387328380
>Fallout 4
>shitty combat
>CDPR shills are so desperate to defend their interactive dialogue simulator that they call game mechanics written by id Software shitty
That's how you know CDPR shill haven't played actual GOTY 2015.
>>
>>387319356
metacritic also holds some blame in this too.

7 out of 10 should be "soild" or "pretty good" 8 good 9 great 10 --- well that just does not exist.
>>
File: 1495462710331.jpg (33KB, 502x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495462710331.jpg
33KB, 502x480px
>>387328613
>all this time Geralt was following red glowing trails
>in fact he depended on his super special senses so much he couldn't even inspect items and footprints until he used them

>none of this was demonstrated in gameplay until Witcher 3
I guess there was a good reason for that, huh?
>>
>>387328461
>>all of these quests force you to use witcher senses and follow the trail
no they dont, if you follow the trails you can skip good part of the quest
i just did that on the ice giant quest on my second playthought because i knew were the fuckers were
>Like they did in first two games?
there were no extra senses in the first two games, you were just a extra powerfull guy
> Kaer Morhen defense.
oh the climax of the game?
>>
>>387328638
> actual GOTY 2015.
MGSV?
>>
>>387328873
WHOA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>387305289

>frogposter
>can't even greentext

go back to fucking >>>/r/eddit
>>
>>387327460
>And Novigrad didn't even have a good standalone story it was just random events that you were in that didn't tie in any way and didn't introduce or develop any characters.
Wat
>>
>>387328803
>you can play without witcher senses if you played the game already and know where everything is
No comment required here, you're a moron.
>there were no extra senses in the first two games, you were just a extra powerfull guy
Medallion pulse.
>oh the climax of the game?
Climax of the game is fight against Wild Hunt at Skellige. I guess KM was supposed to be climax before they decided to put 2 games into one as rumored, but it's really not when there's still a whole third of the story after that.
>>
>>387306713
good writing and an engine that's not made of cardboard
>>
>>387329173
>Medallion pulse.
that was worse than witcher senses and you know it

>third of the story after that.
you kill the guy that killed the old man, you go to the elf world and get alies and skelige happens
2 missions
>>
>>387329038
>dude lets have a serial killer story lmao
>duude lets have geralt organize a play lmao
>dude a ball lmao
>dude you have to steal lore breaking cards for Zoltan lmao
>dude dandelion opens up a brothel after being broken out of prison after the suspicious death of the chief of police lmao, totally not a plothole

This is the chain of thought of the retards who wrote the game

None of this shit fits together into a whole. There were no characters and no story. Menge gets introduced and in the next scene he's killed off. Whoreson gets intoroduced and in the same scene he's killed off. The only development he got is that he likes to decorate the house with dead whores so you have a reason kill him, how "morally gray".

The only character who was relevant was Djikstra, he was setup as extremely intellegent and sly but went full retard and commited suicide by the end of the game
>>
>>387329341
>that was worse than witcher senses and you know it
No, because it only highlighted items when you needed them. You didn't have to rely on it at all times to complete 90% of quests in the game.
>>
>>387329589
>None of this shit fits together into a whole. There were no characters and no story.
That's because you aren't even describing the main Novigrad questline. You seem to have mixed in parts of it with random side quests that also take place in the city.

The storyline is extremely simple. You're in Novigrad to find Dandelion because he's seen Ciri. You discover the witch hunters have taken him and so you team up with Triss and her underworld contacts in an effort to find him. This pits you against the aforementioned witch hunters as well as a local crimelord.

There's nothing incoherent, here. If you are having trouble following this story thread, you might actually be retarded.
>>
>>387329768
yeah, and the reach was fucking terrible so you needed to keep using every 3 steps
>>
>>387329959
And? You used the pulse to find usable items, that's all, there was even a long cooldown for it so players would be discouraged from relying on it too much and encouraged to use their eyes and exploration skills instead. TW3 does a direct 180 and goes full hand-holding with them, forcing players to rely on highlighting at all times. You can't even examine quest items and prints until you highlight them first. The system was made with retards in mind.
>>
>>387305109
I guess it's just not your game
>said nobody on /v/

What I mean is

FUK U. I LUV JERALD. 100/10 GOAT
>>
File: 1422821754217.png (431KB, 596x617px) Image search: [Google]
1422821754217.png
431KB, 596x617px
>>387305109
People who are impressed by this game are the same people who were impressed when Skyrim came out.
>>
>>387332021

What games impress you anon?
>>
File: 1043.png (78KB, 222x205px) Image search: [Google]
1043.png
78KB, 222x205px
>>387326175
Gets me every fucking time
>>
>>387332120
What's the point? You're going to call it shit anyway.
>>
>>387332292

Come now, we're all friends here.
>>
File: 1493371223029.png (95KB, 500x354px) Image search: [Google]
1493371223029.png
95KB, 500x354px
>>387332021
That's really about it, but the idea honestly offends me a bit. For all their faults Bethesda games always do exploration right. You have to actually look around and rely in your own senses to find reward, no matter how shitty it is, you can't just press a magic button and all the hidden loot becomes visible to you. Morrowind and FO4 especially, it's very easy to miss out on cool shit there if you don't look around properly. But TW3 managed to casualize even that, which makes you wonder if people who like Skyrim even like it for the reasons TES fans like the series.
>>
>>387332408
Mount & Blade Warband, Portal and Minecraft when it was in alpha
>>
>>387332535
>doing exploration right
>have giant markers for every quest to tell exactly where you need to go

Pick one.

>inb4 b-b-but tw3 does that too!

Yes it does dickweed, point is that Bethesda can't do exploration either.
>>
>>387313448
>>387320093
>find a way to cheese a boss
>this has never happened in a game before
If deathmarch was so trivial you wouldn't even be looking for ways to cheese bosses.
>>
I made the mistake of going alchemy and heavy attack and now I'm literally fucking unkillable

Death march with enemy scaling on I take almost 0 damage in ursine gear

Game is not fun anymore
>>
>>387314169
>FO4
All the arguments anybody could ever need against you.
>>
>>387315528
The "masses" are the only ones who'd agree with you on that.
>>
File: 1498512385163.jpg (199KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
1498512385163.jpg
199KB, 1024x819px
>>387332881
>trying this hard to fit in
>>
>>387332770
>quests
>exploration
Different things. You don't need a quest to go out and explore caves and ruins.
>point is that Bethesda can't do exploration either
Except it does and I already explained why, learn to read. Seems like you've been relying so much on witcher senses you forgot how to do even that.
>>
I don't understand this engine.
I can run the game pretty well but whenever there's a click through cutscreen my fans fire up and my pc wants to melt.
You would think that running around in the wilderness and cities would be more demanding than scripted events but outside of the scenes my computer doesn't sound like a jet plane, only inside it does.
>>
>>387332970
>>387332881
>>387332772
>>387332770
Look, shill woke up and now gets butthurt from reading through the whole thread.
>>
File: BOTW-Share_icon.jpg (237KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
BOTW-Share_icon.jpg
237KB, 1200x630px
>even Nintendo games have less handholding and better exploration than Witcher 3
>>
>>387306320
It doesn't even handle that well. The solving mysteries is just pressing detective mode and following map markers and all the choices are just binary dialogue options.
>>
>>387305109
easily one of the best open world RPGs ever, you have shit taste
>>
>>387333138
And what "cool shit" do you miss in Fallout 4 if not looking around properly? Coffee mug(s)? OH OH, maybe even, dare I say it, duct tape??? *gasp* Or maybe even a pipe weapon if you're really lucky!

What's the point of exploring when you can't find anything meaningful while doing it? Everything scales with you anyway so finding "better" gear does fuck all.
>>
File: 1416249411171.gif (2MB, 177x150px) Image search: [Google]
1416249411171.gif
2MB, 177x150px
>>387332730
God this place sucks now
>>
>>387333451
Now it's your time anon, what games impress you?
>>
>>387305109
Shut the fuck up and post titty mods.
>>
>>387333415
>getting this frustrated over other people's opinions
That's just sad.

As for your rant, you get:
Bobbleheads
Magazines
Unique items
Holotapes, books and other kind of reading material
>>
>>387306713
good job completely ignoring how cinematic the interactions are in the witcher 3, it's the fucking Royal theater compared to FO4's high school student run musical.
>>
>>387306789
persona A makes valid complaints about The Witcher 3, persons B-Z gets on the "YEAH YEAH, FUCK THIS GAME!" TRAIN.
>>
>>387333541
I wasn't talking to you before
Deus Ex, Ninja Gaiden Black, Virtua Fighter 4: EVO, Resident Evil 4, Vanquish, Planescape Torment
>>
>>387333541
Kingdom Under Fire Crusades
Blood Omen
CoH
>>
>>387333730
>cinematic
Go watch a movie.
>>
>>387333690
>Bobbleheads
Pointless. There's no level cap and everything scales with you so all the combat and SPECIAL bobbleheads are useless.

>Magazines
Pointless. Again bunch of combat related buffs that do fuck all. Nobody cares about the settlements.

>Unique items
You mean those randomly generated Skyrim legendary weapons? Which don't even make any sense?

>Holotapes, books and other kind of reading material
Sure.
>>
File: witcher 3 animations.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
witcher 3 animations.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>387333730
>Royal theater
>>
>>387334105
>exceptions prove the rule
oh wait
>>
File: oh you are.jpg (269KB, 1200x632px) Image search: [Google]
oh you are.jpg
269KB, 1200x632px
>>387333541

Witcher 3
Deus Ex
Zone of the Enders 2
>>
>>387316734
>Skyrim
>Fallout 4

ya blew it hans no-lo
>>
>>387333847
>>387333879
So you two anons were impressed by Skyrim and the Witcher 3?
>>
>>387334404
No I just wanted to post my taste

W3 is alright and I used Skyrim as a fapping tool years ago. I haven't completed the story in either.
>>
File: 1335216046496.png (2MB, 1044x2032px) Image search: [Google]
1335216046496.png
2MB, 1044x2032px
Witcher continues to be pleb filter
and what's strange, despite getting popular
>>
>>387317369
it gets posted in every tw3 thread, most times the person pretends they wrote it.
>>
>>387334105
To be fair, even the worst animated scene (ie that one) in TW3 is better than anything Bethesda has ever shitted out.
>>
>>387334091
>Bobbleheads
>Pointless
+15% buffs to explosion radius, stimpacks and 7 free SPECIAL points are pointless? Nice try, try again. And endless leveling doesn't make an option to get something earlier less valuable, that's why builds exist in Souls games.
>Magazines
>Pointless
More building options, hairstyles, tattooes, stat increases, hacking programs, minigames. The definition of useful items.
>Nobody cares about the settlements.
>it's shit because I said so
Amazing.
>Unique items
I'm talking about rare one of a kind items which were a part of TES series since Morrowind.

You're not even trying anymore. You're trying to defend your GOAT by slamming games that were doing and continue to do certain things right for decades to prove a point you never had. That's about as sad as your embarrassing outlash earlier.
>>
>>387334404
the first anon here, Skyrim is generic half-assed dog shit
TW3 is very good, just a great huge open world with lots of love put into it
>>
>>387333730
Then why not just watch movies if you care about cinematography? Why bother going through hours of mediocre gameplay and bland quests just for a few minutes of cutscenes and dialogue that impress you?
>>
File: nottoddhoward.jpg (862KB, 2696x4044px) Image search: [Google]
nottoddhoward.jpg
862KB, 2696x4044px
>>387334627
Oh you're Todd, never mind. I didn't recognise you without your picture.
>>
File: 1485944768252.png (221KB, 385x426px) Image search: [Google]
1485944768252.png
221KB, 385x426px
>>387334157
>exceptions
>every single contract quest, scene one, part one
>Geralt walks in
>Mastah witcha aintcha? Kill monster, kurwa
>Geralt crosses arms around chest
>You paying well, kurwa?
>Sure do, kurwa.
>Geralt nods
>scene two, part one
>Geralt walks in
>Killed moster, kurwa, pay up
>Well done witcha!
>[give animation plays]
>[take animation plays]
>Geralt walks out of static frame
Except good examples ARE the exceptions, which are main story cutscenes. Compare scene of Ciri fighting in Kaer Morhen with some random side quest why don't you?
>>
>>387333986
>misquoting, taking things out of context.

cinematic interactions, as is when you talk to people, something you do in every game.
>>
>>387334105
at least post the eye one
>>
File: 1495468240701.jpg (138KB, 449x401px) Image search: [Google]
1495468240701.jpg
138KB, 449x401px
>>387334916
>degenerating into Todd posting after being told
You keep digging that hole.
>>
>>387334949
still cherry picking.
>>
>>387334949
I don't know what you people are on, great side quests are the strongest part of the game
kill quests are often about killing monsters for dumb peasants but there's always a twist
>>
>>387335162
That's literally 80% of contract quests. Other 20% just have more people crossing arms on screen.
>>
Wait so you say you've been playing it for 20 (!) hours but it wasn't worth it?
wat. hope you realize 89% of games can't even be played for 10h before being super boring.
>>
File: ciricry.webm (907KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ciricry.webm
907KB, 1280x720px
>>387335074
The eye one?
>>
>>387335262
ignoring everything that goes on in the cut scenes and between your interactions with non-generic npc? yeah, you right, you hit it on the head bud.
>>
>>387334651
What makes Witcher 3's open world so great for you? The only thing that impressed me was the nature and the atmosphere of cities and peasant villages. The only dungeons in the game were elven ruins with lineair corridors which contained copy pasted enemies and some scripted segments for quests. The side quests were just "use your witcher senses and wait for detective Geralt to say something then fight a monster". All the "points of interest" were just copy pasted bandit camps or monster nests that needed to be cleared out.

The point I'm trying to make here is that Witcher 3 has pretty barebones sandbox gameplay for an open world game. It's like you're in a themepark but you're not allowed to enter any rollercoasters; the devs only allow you to do what they want you to do.
>>
>>387335258
>there's always a twist
See, this is exactly the problem I have with TW3 quests. There's ALWAYS a twist. When every story you do has a twist at the end, it becomes predictable, you realize that at the end something will always go wrong and that ruins the whole thing. Like Shamalamanam's movies.
>>
>>387335286
thats normal when bitches cry, they start to blink like idiots because makeup gets in their eyes

i mean the spoon in eye one
>>
>>387318882
It's absolutely piss-poor compared to the first 2.
>>
>>387335687

The first game was nowhere near as well written.

Don't even pretend.
>>
>>387336025
It had well focused main story, that's already better than TW3.
>>
Why did CDPR think it was a good idea to make some Monsters have regenerating health
Ruins the fun honestly
>>
>>387336096

The main story is only one of a hundred stories TW3 tells, if you are so autistic you ignore everything else to focus on it, then I can't be arsed to speak with you.
>>
>>387336542
anon, that's basically the gist of the criticism, ignoring all the good things witcher 3 does story wise and just shitposting about the rest.
>>
>>387336542
Yet it's the MAIN story that TW3 tells and it's about fate of the fucking world no less.
>if you don't like something I do you're autistic and I won't talk to you lalalala can't hear you
Pfffhahahaha, is this nigger serious?
>>
>>387336542
hang yourself
>>
File: 1362853761572.jpg (141KB, 900x1242px) Image search: [Google]
1362853761572.jpg
141KB, 900x1242px
>>
>>387336025
The first game is a lot, lot better written.

It actually feels like it's written by actual writers who knows such concepts as structure or pacing.
>>
File: elric_of_melnibone.jpg (886KB, 2350x1754px) Image search: [Google]
elric_of_melnibone.jpg
886KB, 2350x1754px
Who would win in a duel to the death
Geralt of Rivia vs Elric of Melniboné
>>
>>387335486
The world is huge and brimming with well thought out quests, and the game stays coherent and true to the setting no matter what, makes the world feel that much more immersive.
Everything has a story and there's always a depper meaning if you look into it, from the problems of a lowly peasants to emperors hidden agendas.
Can't say I agree with your complains, it's like we're playing a different game. Reminds me of that one time when Yahtzee complained about fetch quests in Witcher 1.
>>
>>387337076

The story it tells is trash so that's fucking stupid of you to say.
>>
>>387337526
> and the game stays coherent and true to the setting no matter what, makes the world feel that much more immersive.

You're a goddamn retard. There's a lore breaking mini-game introduced in the first five minutes.
>>
>>387337526
>, and the game stays coherent and true to the setting no matter what

No it doesn't...there are plotholes, inconsistencies, it retcons the very essence of the book saga, not to mention the game ignores the choices in previous games
>>
>>387337651
Wow a magical cardgame, there goes my suspension of disbelief.
>>
>>387337526
>The world is huge

and empty
>>
>>387338039
It's not a magical card game you dumb fuck, it looks like something 2010s nerds would play in their basement, it looks like it came from a modern printer, not to mention it's only populated with niche characters from Geralts adventures

>Daamn dudu don't show me what Ciri looks like I don't want to know
>have a fucking Ciri card for 20 hours
>>
>>387337953
Game is obviously not even close to being perfect but it's extremely good in my eyes. Ten times better than any Bethesda modern trash that's for sure.

>>387338268
It's a minigame that's fun to play,Triple Triad but with bitcher characters. Stuff like this doesn't put me off at all.
>>
>>387305109
k, cool story bro
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (185KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
185KB, 1920x1080px
>>387337526
>brimming with well thought out quests, and the game stays coherent and true to the setting no matter what,
This fucking guy.
>>
File: 1403937722488.jpg (224KB, 592x760px) Image search: [Google]
1403937722488.jpg
224KB, 592x760px
>>387338816
>>
>>387306713
You're right.
Everything people complain about in Fallout 4 is worse in Witcher 3. Then again they are impressionable children who get their opinions off e-celebs and Reddit so I can't blame them.
>>
File: 1379767035162.png (16KB, 759x601px) Image search: [Google]
1379767035162.png
16KB, 759x601px
>>387339107
cool story Todd
>>
Two years after release and still causing immense butthurt from both sides like they were still debating GOTY.
Thread posts: 264
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.