[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can i play this game without watching the 37 hours worth of prequel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Final_Fantasy_XV_Logo.png (1MB, 1920x1230px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XV_Logo.png
1MB, 1920x1230px
Can i play this game without watching the 37 hours worth of prequel shit they put out?

Because i played a few hours and i don't understand anything other than im a prince and im going to marry a princess and with the way you say bye to your dad and head out within the span of 5 minutes it felt like it was probably picking up literally right after the movie or something.
>>
>>387304816
You're not missing out on anything other than Brotherhood explaining abit of your brobands backstory
You'll feel like you're still in the dark after beating the game too.
>>
Brotherhood Anime is an hour long for free on Jewtube. You can watch Kingsglaive, but I turned it off 20 minutes in because of how shit it was.
>>
Don't bother with anything XV related.
>>
Don't worry about the details unless you beat the game and decide you want to know more. The story presentation is a bit of a mess and only worth sorting out if the roadtrip and general exposure to the characters has already gotten you invested.
>>
>>387304946
Nyx was more likable than Noctis and co if you ask me. It was pretty slow until the end though and the weird uncanny valley look it has can be a turn off though
Still watched it twice since it released though
>>
it's gonna suck even if you watch that shit

>>387304992
probably this, if anything wait for there to be a comprehensive version with everything finalized and on sale - and if you don't have anything else to play. The story/combat are fundamentally fucked
>>
>>387305074
the only thing not out is episode ignis and thats it. They already released all the patches.

I can buy the episodes for 3 bucks a piece when i get to that bridge. It cant be that bad with all the reviews and what not. It's not Lightning returns.
>>
>>387305174
but they had that poll asking what people wanted most

>it's not [Final Fantasy 13 game]

that's a pretty fucking low bar you've got there, might I suggest tales of berseria?
>>
>>387305243
Well its better than 10
>>
>>387305393
no it isn't, 13 tried to be another 10 but failed in everyway outside of visuals
>>
I don't understand how /v/ is so dumb.

Did not watch Kingsglaive or the Anime and I understood the opening of FFXV just fine.

Noctis is being married off for political reasons and has to go on a cool road trip.

Wow, so confusing.

If you didn't know there was a movie/anime you wouldn't think like you were jumping in halfway. Believe it or not stories can start with established characters and relationships without explaining them all to you with tons of exposition right away. You can come to learn about each characters relationship and role by listening to the dialogue!

It's like none of you fuckers have ever read a book more complicated than Harry Potter.
>>
>>387305549
explain what "stitch in time" is and how it came to be please
>>
>>387305549
>oh hey heres a ghost lady and a dog that dont make any sense outside of the film/anime because you only ever see lunafreys life in them.
>>
>>387305549

Nobody is saying it's complicated. The game is just lazy.
>>
>>387304816
>Can i play this game without watching the 37 hours worth of prequel shit they put out?
More like the other way around. The movie is much better than the game.
>>
>>387304816
forced myself to watch kangsglaive, shittest movie i've ever seen barely coherent and adds nothing to the already hollow experience that is ffxv.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.