[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did /v/ find Archdragon Peak and Untended Graves without looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 9

File: maxresdefault.jpg (179KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
179KB, 1280x720px
Did /v/ find Archdragon Peak and Untended Graves without looking online?

Personally I found them both. Archdragon Peak was thanks to a try gesture message so I knew to go back once I got it and Untended Graves was just luck.
>>
I found Untended Graves, but I had to look online to find Archdragon Peak, because when I found the gesture I completelly forgot about that place in Irithill dungeon and because I am a filthy pirate without hinting messages
>>
>>387303621
I didn't find Archdragon Peak
My least favorite part about Souls games is that I miss everything on my first playthrough
I just look shit up after that
>>
>>387303621
Of course. You don't need guides to tell you where those zones are when in-game messages do that just as well.
Now if I played it offline, who knows, maybe I would have missed either or both. Or maybe I wouldn't. But why would you play Souls offline? Unless you're on consoles.
>>
>>387303621
I didn't use a guide but Archdragon Peak was spoiled to me beforehand.
>>
>>387303621
Neither. I spoiled myself on untended graves because I looked up how to get Moonlight Greatsword. I looked up areas once I got to the last area
>>
>>387303790
That's the correct way to play. Blind NG, then 100% on NG+. You need to go to NG++ for 100% achievements anyway.
>>
>>387303790
That's the best part, in my opinion. I'm glad to see they're still not afraid to hide content from players, unlike most developers.
>>387303832
See >>387303748
>>
>>387303885
>pirating Souls
Why? If there's one game you should spend your money on before you die it would be Dark Souls.
>>
>>387303621
I found Untended Graves. Didn't find Archdragon Peak.
>>
Untended Graves was easy to find because you should be hitting every big blank wall by now.
For Archdragon, I always look up what I missed when I get up to the final boss. Nameless King should have been the final boss, he was the only actually challenging thing in the entire game
>>
>>387303945
I have no money yet and a shitty computer, and I can't play any other games because they're boring.

The first thing I'll do when I'll pull my shit together is buying PS4 to play Bloodborne.
>>
>>387303621
Remembered seeing how using a gesture in that place would get you to Archdragon Peak before release, something like the first video showing the game off. Untended Graves I found by myself. Seemed like there was good distance between the chest and the wall, and I think the item in the chest didn't seem worth it for such a large room and for his fight.
>>
>>387304026
There's a tradition in souls games where the final boss shouldn't be challenging at all (King Allant, Gwyn, for example), but I find Soul Of Cinder really difficult desu
>>
What ending you faggots get? I got the usurper one on my first try, I later found out people had difficulty with this. Little rat fellow died though and I missed onion knight in Boreal valley, also missed the fire area at the bottom of the catacombs
>>
>>387304026
Nameless King was definitely one of the hardest bosses on the first playthrough, but that's not saying much in DS3, where I killed most bosses on the first try. Champion Gundyr was harder for me (w/o parry cheese). Nameless just fucks up roll spammers with delayed hits, but otherwise he's very easy.
Have you played the DLCs btw?
>>
>>387304137
I got eyes of firekeeper ending first, then Usurper, never saw the most standart ending where Ashen One can't even link the fucking fire and sits all alone like a loser
>>
Untended Graves is pretty straightforward, but I couldn't figure out how to get to Archdragon Peak, same with Ash Lake.

I completely forgot about Upper Cathedral Ward and I didn't even know Cainhurst existed.
>>
>>387304137
Darkness, because I was too good for the Lord of Hollows ending, since I didn't die enough times before I reached Catacombs, so Yuria didn't appear.
>>
>>387304087
Old King Allant isn't really a boss, he's only there for the dialogue
>>
>>387304348
>I completely forgot about Upper Cathedral Ward
I played BB blind and I just took a pen and a notebook and wrote down any locked doors I found, so I didn't miss anything.
>>
>>387304087
Gwyn was actually pretty hard for me on my first try, as a STR character who didn't cheese with parries. He's probably the fastest, most clingiest boss in the game

>>387304156
I didn't have any trouble with Gundy, and I didn't even realise you could parry him. His combo is basically a check to see if you've played BB, or if you're watching his limbs. NK is still the hardest for me

Freide and Gael are definitely top tier Souls boss fights though. Far better than the base game
>>
>>387304137
OP here. I've played every game in the series but I'm apparently extremely dumb. First off, when I got to the end of archdragon peak there was a message saying something like 'ring the bell to wash away the land forever' 'what is done cannot be undone' or something like that, so for some reason I thought that ringing it would get me an ending so I had to look up what it did before I rang it to make sure I didn't end the game.

Not only that, but when I gave the eyes to the firekeeper, something in her dialogue made me think that I wasn't going to be able to continue playing on that save file after I beat the game, so I killed her and reloaded the game to make sure I didn't give her the eyes, then continued on to get the link the fire ending. Only afterwards did I realize I missed out on getting the dark ending on my first try blind.

I have no idea how I came to these conclusions looking back at them.
>>
>>387304442
I used Yohrm's greataxe, so I just couldn't get an opening to hit him safely and ended up having to trade hits. The Champ just never stops attacking.
>>
>>387303621
I didn't even go to Consumed King's Garden since I didn't find a dead end on the path I was currently on (Lothric Castle into Archives). Went there after SoC when I found out there were more bosses though. So I had to look online like a filthy scrub...
>>
File: tmp_33521479399097470152180244.gif (960KB, 338x350px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_33521479399097470152180244.gif
960KB, 338x350px
>>387304427
I spent a stupidly long time there because I thought that was where I was supposed to go after BSB, then I found the path leading downwards and completely forgot about the locked door.

I also spent like 10 hours wandering around in DaS1 after the first bell, I thought that Blighttown only looped back up and got myself stuck in Tomb of the Giants.
>>
>>387303621
I found them by using a guide because I'm not some homo permavirgin.
>>
>>387303621
Archdragon Peak is pretty hard not to find. Untended graves less so, but I usually hit every wall everywhere in a Souls game so I did indeed run into both.
>>
>>387304963
Using a guide IS what makes you a homo permavirgin. True chads get their games spoiled to them by their real life friends.
>>
I found everything in DaS3 on my first playthrough which was kind of disappointing
>>
>>387304087
Soul of Cinder is a shitty Bloodborne boss. It was just a ton of HP and damage pumped up, and minimal mechanics. It was a garbage fight, because we weren't playing fucking Bloodborne. That was half the problem with Dark Souls 3. It tried to make all of the enemies Bloodborne enemies without us having access to how Bloodborne plays.
>>
File: DLC2_RingedKnight.jpg (189KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
DLC2_RingedKnight.jpg
189KB, 2048x1152px
Now for the more difficult question.

Who solved the riddle of the second DLC without looking online?
>>
>>387305024
I kinda doubt you found Havel's armor or finished Sirris' questline on your first blind playthrough.
>>
I found Untended Graves naturally but I don't think I ever would have found Archdragon Peak without the internet.
>>
>>387305073
I dunno how you played BB, but I played it like I play Souls - with a huge fucking hammer.
And DS3 rolls are pretty much the same easy-mode invincibility as BB's dodges.
>>
>>387305124
you're right on the quest line, fucked it up by joining rosarias. A lot of the quest lines are obtuse as fuck in das3 but I was refering to the areas themselves, e.g. I didn't find painted world or great hollow my first go in DaS or cainhurst in BB
>>
File: dark-souls-iii-review-31.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls-iii-review-31.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Found this random screenshot. What is this place and what the fuck is this creature on the top?
>>
File: '.jpg (7KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
'.jpg
7KB, 316x202px
>wanted to do everything without a guide
>found untended graves on my own
>go to where you enter archdragon peak
>"something's funny about this"
>do a gesture
>doesn't work
>look up guide
>I did the wrong gesture.
>>
>>387305112
There are riddles? Now that sounds fun. I've yet to play the second DLC because it hasn't gone on sale yet. DS2 Sunken City had some neat hidden panels.
>>
>>387305226
DS3 DLC2 is very, very good
>>
>>387305206
Joining Rosaria's fingers doesn't actually interrupt the questline. I meant that some of DS3 questlines send you to arbitrary previous areas you have absolutely nothing to do in anymore.
>>
>>387305213
it's somewhere in lothric castle or high wall, the shield on the wall tells me that much
>>
>>387303621
Found them both on my own. I came across all the dragon statues and stopped because I wanted to figure out what all these fucking guys were suppose to be staring at. I noticed that there was a spot that seemed big enough for me to sit in, so I sat down beside them. I really thought that something might happen if I sat there. Nothing happens, so I leave and decide that there is something probably there, I just don't know how to do it yet. Once you get the emote it is completely obvious where you should go back to.

I found Untended Graves by accident because I was trying on a bunch of different outfits to see what I liked best and I was rolling around a lot.
>>
>>387305267
It was interrupting it at the release, they patched it later
>>
>>387305169
Yea, but rolls take over twice as much stamina. They also have less i frames than BB.
>>
>>387305226
TRC is good, I'd put it just under ToH and AotA, if not equal to AotA. Makes up for the piece of shit ashes of ariandel

>>387305267
wut? Sirris tells you to fuck off if you join rosaria's and you can't get the proper emote to join darkmoons
>>
>>387305374
You have to use a finger or the ring for Sirris to tell you to fuck off iirc.
>>
>>387305073
I never played BB and never had any problems with enemies because they're faster and my character is slower in DS3
Become proficient
>>
>>387305213
That's just a random hollow glitching in the high wall
>>
>>387305374
Ashes Of Ariendel is a great piece of content, the only shitty thing is that it's short
>>
>>387305331
>>387305374
I thought only offering Rosaria tongues interrupted it.
But then again, maybe it was different on release. I don't quite remember.
>>
>>387305213
Looks like a physics bug with the enemy, not something with an intended design. Note the strange notch between his arm and shoulder.
>>
>>387305374
Ariandel is great though, just short.
And ToH is also pretty short and reuses a lot of stuff from the base game. It just has two DLCs worth of new items and bosses crammed into it.
>>
>>387303621
Untended graves are hard to miss imo, unfortunately I couldn't remember the place where I could see the way of the dragon gesture, but I knew I had to use it somewhere. Had to take a peek on the internet.
>>
File: qUz23z4.png (946KB, 1263x761px) Image search: [Google]
qUz23z4.png
946KB, 1263x761px
>tfw picrelated is not an actual art for their new game

I just want more soulslike gameplay, lads
>>
>>387305582
>ToH is also pretty short

it's the longest piece of DLC in the series, what are you talking about?
>>
File: Four Kings.png (4KB, 518x344px) Image search: [Google]
Four Kings.png
4KB, 518x344px
>>387303621
Probably wouldn't have found Untended Graves without the soapstone messages but I remembered where the dragon gesture area was in Irithyll Dungeon so once I saw that I knew where to go

Both UG and AP are really well-handled secrets and some of the best I've seen in any modern game
>>
>>387305679
The series really fucking got stale with 3, hell it was already stale with DaS2. If they make another "soulslike" game it better shake up the formula a lot like BB did, maybe have it sci fi and include ranged attacks as part of the core design
>>
>>387305734
>Cathedral Ward
>Research Hall
>Fishing Hamlet
Just three areas, one of which is a reused area from the base game. It's not really that big.
>>
>>387305820
Played DS3 and enjoyed it thoroughly (same with DS2). New setting and game world not tied to DS will be enough. And some gimmicks with weapons, like Stance System form DS3 Weapon Arts would be great.
>>
>>387305820
Yeah, they need to not have sequels. They just need to make a new IP for every new game.
>>
>>387305835
>judging size just by the number of areas

don't be stupid, all 3 of those areas are expansive as fuck with intricate level design
>>
>>387305679
>Papa Nito, grant us eyes.
>>
>>387305820
yeh it's probably best at this point for the game developers to switch genres
or at least telling a straightforward story
>>
>>387305952
>all 3 of those areas are expansive as fuck
Not really. And the Research Hall design is more convoluted and annoying than intricate.
>>
>>387305993
>switch genres
>or at least telling a straightforward story
Why will you ever want that? There's hundreds of games with straughtforward stirues and boring gameplay, let FS make their thing
>>
>>387306043
>not really

yes really, a single one of those areas is roughly the size of the entire ashes of ariandel DLC

research hall is also one of the best areas in the series because vertical design > horizontal design

>convoluted and annoying

sounds like a personal problem
>>
File: 939503-eaus.jpg (415KB, 640x754px) Image search: [Google]
939503-eaus.jpg
415KB, 640x754px
>>387305993
>last time FromSoft tried to tell a straightforward story

lmao
>>
>>387306083
japanese storytelling is all i need. i'm playing nier automata right now and I love it.

I don't think I actually liked the story-presented-as-a-jigsaw-puzzle part of the souls series.
>>
>>387306147
>a single one of those areas is roughly the size of the entire ashes of ariandel DLC
Dude, let's not be delusional. HoT is only slightly bigger than AoA. It just only seemed big to you, because the areas were packed full of annoying enemies that slowed your progress. But the levels themselves weren't really that big.
>>
>>387306172
Miyazaki is too westaboo to present you with classic japanese storytelling
>>
>>387305993
the disjointed story is one of the nicer points the souls series have. it fits completely with the confused dead world narrative it's trying to spin. It's like the entire realm has gotten bouts of dementia, it's fucking A.

I fucking hate normal WEEB ''story''telling. IT's cancerous to the max, highly conservative and predictable as hell.
>>
>>387306241
>ToH is only slightly bigger than AoA

who's the delusional one again?
>>
>>387306256
thank fuck for that
>>
>>387306298
it might be nice but it's the same thing over and over and over, it's like where's the improvements over the previous game? dark souls 1 did the story the best and that's probably because it was a little more intelligible
>>
File: 1501317655223.webm (2MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1501317655223.webm
2MB, 1200x675px
>>387304672
>>
>>387306413
yeah true, only des and das had good stories. 2 was fucking shit and 3, although visually stunning, was absolutely boring story-wise. DAS 4 will be easier to make, but I really hope FS will make an entirely different game, whilst still keeping their map creators (becuase that's 95% the souls atmos)
>>
>>387306172
Yoko Taro is just unique, I doubt anyone in the industry can emulate his storytelling techniques
>>387306413
I don't see it as the same thing, actually. DS1/DS2/DS3 has different themes and different storytellink perks, and searching for the lore in these games is really interesting. And I found DS3 the most intelligible story in all DaS franchise.
>>
>>387306241
>HoT is only slightly bigger than AoA

I'll assume you're talking about ToH. ToH is easily twice as big as AoA and likely more than that
>>
>>387303874
>caring about achievements
>ever
Look, I'm all for interesting achievements that change the way you play e.g. dead space 1 plasma cutter only, that's a cool and fun challenge but replaying the game multiple times to collect and do all the trivial bullshit is simply a waste of time.
>>
>>387303874
NG+ is shitty in souls games (except DS2)!

rather second play-through, but DS3 is so linear that playing it second time is to boring
>>
>>387306708
DS games is laughably easy to 100% though, compared to some shitty games that require you grind 99999999999999 in-game currency or win 9999 matches in a dead multiplayer game. Replaying the game 2.5 times is easy and enjoyable. You're not supposed to stop at NG anyway, because you can hardly reach a proper level for any given build.
Also the Plasma Cutter is easily one of the best weapons in Dead Space. So Plasma only is hardly a challenge run.
>>
>>387306830
I never said it was a challenge run.

Plenty of other games have challenges like this it was just the first example that came to mind, pointless collection or grinding is a waste of time at best.
>>
>>387307108
>dead space 1 plasma cutter only, that's a cool and fun challenge
>I never said it was a challenge run.
>>
>>387307163
*sigh* a challenge run would something like no estus, soul level 1 or bare first only in dark souls
>>
>>387307269
>*sigh*

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>387307347
nice meme
>>
>>387307269
A challenge run is something you call a challenge, which you just did.
Also fists only and plasma only is pretty much the same concept.
>>
>>387307440
They're completely different, dead space plasma cutter only is created by the developers to offer an intended experience so the game is designed around it to an extent.

Dark souls no estus, souls lvl 1 etc are not intended ways to play because the game was not designed around it, you're not supposed to play the game with those restrictions.
>>
>>387307817
DS2 had dedicated no bonfire/no death runs with special rewards.
Also the games are designed around NG+ cycles too, since they offer unique stuff only obtainable then.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.