[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought this bad boy and popped it in. What am I in for and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Just bought this bad boy and popped it in. What am I in for and are there any useful tips for an SMT newfag?
>>
Die to RNG in the early game.
Fuse overpowered shit.
Don't fuse your Pixie.
>>
>>387302932
Don't neglect Buffs/Debuffs (i.e. spells that affect the attack/defense/evade rate of your party and the foes e.g. Sukukaja/Sukunda, Rakukaja/Rakunda)

They are very important in getting through tough battles. You basically don't have to grind unless you're trying to recruit a higher level demon. The strategy lies in the demons in your active party, the magatama you ingest, and making full use of the press turn system.
>>
>Don't fuse your Pixie.
Why wouldn't you? The game doesn't care as long as you don't release whatever demon she ends up in even after 500 fusions.
>>
>>387303338
It wouldn't feel right if she's not looking like one.
>>
>>387303273
You can fuse the pixie, and the resulting demon, as many times as you want. You just don't want to dismiss the final result. Always keep the pixie's descendant with you.
>>
>>387302932
Use buffs and debuffs seriously.
>>
>>387303410
Mine ended up as harlot, shit was funny.
>>
>>387302932
Get fog breath as soon as you see it and fuse Daisojou the moment you're able to.

You can ignore the labyrinth of amala if you're not going for the true demon ending (TDE is cool though), but there's some worthwhile stuff in there if you don't mind the dungeon crawl.
>>
>>387303273
>Don't fuse your Pixie.

As if the reward was worth it
>>
What should I be maxing out in the early game?
>>
>>387306307
Str only Str.
>>
>>387306307
Get all your stats to 30, but mostly str.
>>
As others have said, buffs and debuffs, but it's so important that it's worth repeating.
Fusion is the primary method of getting stronger demons, not leveling up. Don't get attached.
Do not play on hard mode on your first playthrough. Yes, this is a turn-based JRPG and the genre is usually easy enough to warrant blind hard modes, but don't do it to yourself.
>>
>>387302932

Fuse your demons often but consider leveling them up to at least learn all of their skills first

Recruit like crazy, you will never not need fodder demons.

Momonofu (eventually Arahabaki) is op as shit early game, get one when you get a chance.

Str is the most important stat, get it to at least 30 (the best megatama in the game gives +10 all stats and I want to say the ones before it give 10 str).

Buffs and debuffs are your friend, you want at least Tarukaja and Rakukaja on every team (you can ignore Makakaja though) as well as a spattering of Debuffs (Sukunda and Tarunda being the most important) until you get debilitate late game.

Take advantage of the press turn system and always aim for the enemy weakness when you can.

Try not to stack up on the same weakness in your active demons. Certain bosses will fuck you royally.

Matador is a noob trap (you'll know when you get to him), come prepared with a decent healer and sukunda/fog breath and you should be ok.

Good luck
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.