[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>start playing a game >get overwhelmed by amount of choices

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 15023457785.png (9KB, 365x378px) Image search: [Google]
15023457785.png
9KB, 365x378px
>start playing a game
>get overwhelmed by amount of choices or/and lack of direction where to go
>uninstall
Underrail,Divinity Sin, Dark Souls,Path of Exile you name it
>>
iktf faggot OP, I've been wandering around the lower underrail area for probably 10 hours or so
>>
>>387302360
That happened to me with MgsV. My god what a mammoth disappointment that was. It's good if I want Far Cry-esque gameplay...but it's not Metal Gear. Never was. Never will be.
>>
>>387302360
Thats why you need a decent tutorial
for example endless space 2 has a boatload of shit for a newcomer but it gently lubes up and plows your quivering anus slowly and gradually, easing it in
>>
>>387302460
This happened to me too, but I liked the game up until then. I just hate the environment, getting lost in it is unbearable since it's as bland as possible.
>>
>>387302672
I feel like you must've known the game would involve lots of train tunnels before you started. I love it desu
>>
>>387302715
I think even a tunnel/train station setting can be done artistically. Underrail isn't as "bland as possible" I guess, but it's still pretty drab and desolate. I love it for the mechanics, that blend of combat/exploration and build experimentation.
>>
>>387302930
In fact, I think it's time to start a new character now.
>>
>>387302985
I like being a defensive stealthy dick-ass trapper guy. most other games don't enable this kind of playstyle, but in underrail I can scout out a level and plan to fight the enemies in a kind of fighting retreat over all my faggoty poisonous bear traps I make and chuck faggoty poisonous caltrops all over the place and chuck molotov cocktails at the people who get stuck on them. feels good making non-reusable shit out of junk and dead animals, rather than the crafting in most games >collect ebin dwarf metal ingots to make le magic sword XD
I was so sure my build would be absolute garbage when I started, picking the skills that I like the look of
>>
>>387303282
That's pretty much how I went with my first character, too. I went with a somewhat spread-out build and just emphasized my flexibility (traps, throwing, melee, guns). The first time I systematically took out a compound of enemies was 2fun, it's wonderful to plan it all out and have it go so right. Nets and molotovs were pretty amazing.

New character is going to be 10 strength with some Psi on the psi-de (lol). No idea what that's going to look like, but strength-melee tends to be my second choice in these games.
>>
File: 1492836959760.jpg (27KB, 340x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492836959760.jpg
27KB, 340x400px
>Black Crawler
>>
>>387302360
Fucking babies. Can't play a fucking game if it doesn't hold their fucking baby hand.
>>
I'm always afraid to make a bad choice/pick the wrong class and have an unenjoyable experience because of it.
>>
>>387302360
You're a /tiredgamer/. Hell, you're probably gaming since even before you learn to walk. Take a break for a month or two and see what happens.
Some of these games are awesome experiences, you shouldn't skip them.
>>
Git gud
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.