[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm replaying SA2 right now and it's a lot of fun.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Radical Highway.png (2MB, 2037x1629px) Image search: [Google]
Radical Highway.png
2MB, 2037x1629px
I'm replaying SA2 right now and it's a lot of fun. The only part I'm not liking is the mech stuff. Why do you guys shit on this game so much?
>>
>>387294880
If you were to also dislike the treasure hunting segments like any sane person would you'd realize you dislike over half the game. That's why
>>
File: autism.gif (2MB, 347x338px) Image search: [Google]
autism.gif
2MB, 347x338px
>>387294880
>>
I've also gone back to play recently
Speed levels are pretty great minus the light speed dash being a little iffy at times, but nothing to ruin the levels competently
Mech levels aren't as bad as I thought them out to be at first, only thing that really sucks are the mechs' landing on platforms and getting hit and some stupid enemy placement, but I still think they're good fun
Treasure hunting levels are good for the first two levels for both Kunx and Rogue but become pretty stupid afterwards
The pyramid and space levels suck because you could waste so much time looking for a treasure without using hints, these levels should've been more compacted to make up for the time you waste should you go in one direction where you should've gone another

But even with these flaws, I'd still say its a solid game
The "It's only 1/3 good" meme is retarded as the sections other than the Speed sections are not great but are still good with minor hiccups here and there
>>
>>387294880
because it's popular to bash the adventure games. Just like how the "sonic was never good" bandwagon was popular. Get ready for more because people are about the double down on the adventure hate after Mania's great reviews.
>>
>>387294880
it's a mixture of /v/'s innate inability to have fun and the sonic series' divisive nature, which causes fans of certain games to undermine all of the others to make their own tastes appear superior (same shit happens with final fantasy and zelda fans)
>>
Too many gameplay styles instead of honing in on and polishing one. Will always be the biggest flaw of the adventure series and probably why they'll never go back. If they want to make an adventure game and polish Sonic's gameplay and that only, I'm game for another shot at it.
>>
MMMMMM DELICIOUS SHIT, SONIC TEAM. I'D LIKE SECONDS

adventurefags in a nutshell
>>
File: 1470262926069.jpg (52KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1470262926069.jpg
52KB, 900x675px
>>387296098
>reddit spacing
>>
>>387294880
Because only one third of the game is good.
>>
Ive played it like 4 times trying to find why people like this and I jsut dont understand it. The game nosedives after island escape, and tails segments are honest to god some of the worst things I ever experienced in a video game. if Highway chase(escape?) wasnt bad enough with the long drawn out walking segments and bullshit falling road, the very enxt fucking stage is him in a maze, which is even MORE tedious and annoying. Then you have Knuckles stages where you're fighting the camera every step of the way just to fucking navigate the level, and it just pisses me off to rage quit every time

Fuck this game, fuck you rose tinted glasses wearing nostalgia fags, and I hope you choke on the shit you regularly scarf down to enjoy this game
>>
>>387294880
>Why do you guys shit on this game so much?
Because of all the parts where you aren't playing Sonic in this game called "Sonic Adventure 2."
>>
There's nothing the game does particularly well and is the complete opposite of solid that's why
>>
Why do people even argue about games? I like this game! I hate that game! Who fucking cares? You like what you like and you dislike what you dislike. Stop caring about what other people say
>>
>>387296496
Precisely because people do like different things, so sometimes it's difficult to understand why other people like those things. The better question is why are you on a discussion Taiwanese image board if you don't want to discuss anything.
>>
>>387294880
I was actually just playing it a few hours ago. There's 30 stages and 7 great ones being all the Sonic and Shadow stages aside from the last two Sonic and the last Shadow. Playing the game through is a chore, but once you've beaten it it's nice to replay the speed levels. They're some of the best levels in gaming IMO and are endless replayable. SA1 is better.
>>
>>387294880
It was shadow's debut game and he only had like 3 stages
>>
>>387295040
The treasure hunting sections are perfectly fine aside mad space though.
>>
>>387295660
I agree with this generally. But, I love all the knuckles treasure hunting stages. Just exploring those and figuring out the optimal ways to get everywhere at my leisure is comfy as fuck.
>>
>>387298420
his own game turned out much better, right?
>>
>>387294880
Controls were shit, camera was shit, the only good parts were the Sonic/Shadow levels and even those weren't great.
>>
>>387296345
But that's not a problem witht the gameitself, that's your own fault for applying expectations to it that don't apply
>>
>>387298808
>>387297795
>>387296292
but that's fucking wrong

City Escape: A+
Metal Harbor: A
Green Forest: B+
Pyramid Cave: C+
Crazy Gadget: E+
Final Rush: C-

Radical Highway: A+
White Jungle: A
Sky Rail: C
Final Chase: D+

Prison Lane: C+
Mission Street: C
Route 101: D
Hidden Base: C
Eternal Engine: D-

Iron Gate: B+
Sand Ocean: C
Lost Colony: C
Weapons bed: B-
Cosmic Wall: A-

Wild Canyon: B-
Pumpkin Hill: A-
Aquatic Mine: D-
Death Chamber: D-
Meteor Herd: B

Dry Lagoon: C+
Egg Quarters: E-
Security Hall: D
Route 280: D
Mad Space: E-

only rouge's stages were bad
>>
I'd kind of like to see Sega try the Adventure style games now that they've seemed to have mostly ironed out 3D gameplay since the Dreamcast era. Maybe not include as many characters, though, maybe like 3-4 instead of 6, and replace Knuckles treasure hunting with Knuckles beat-em-up or something.
>>
>>387299215
Wouldn't expect someone as autistic as you to just use numbers for ratings.
>>
>>387299397
Last game they tried was Unleashed. It did not go over well.
>>
Man the camera is such dogshit in this game. It jerks around like crazy and who the fuck thought it was a good idea to let you move it only when you're standing still?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.